All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:59 am 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So just a small place where people can rant about things they don't like about video games and there companies. So one thing I would like to say is how when new companies take a hold of a video game, they some how Destory it. Talking about the new battlefront game. I thought Dace/EA would make a good game, but with everything that they have taken out of it, is it really even a Battlefront game anymore? :p

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:07 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Ubishit not letting Assassin's Creed die a worthy death. Seriously, you kill of your protagonist, the character who binds the three main games together, and you just keep going because the games make you a lot of money? Really?

And your main characters are in 7 out of 9 games all scruffy, white men. Are you ****ing kidding me?! ONE Middle Eastern dude and ONE black, kickass lady was the best you could do for diversity?!

I think it's safe to say that I have a lot of pent-up anger towards the entire AC franchise.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:13 pm 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Medals: 14
Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Fearless Sissy wrote:
I think it's safe to say that I have a lot of pent-up anger towards the entire AC franchise.

Kind of makes me happy I got off of it early on. Really enjoyed the ones I played.

My gripe is with franchises that, instead of releasing everything at once and creating an innovative new experience, try to squeeze every dime out of the buyers by spreading everything out over a bunch of new games. One or two new things here. Then, a year later, a couple more. Call of Duty is one of the biggest offenders here, though I no longer play those games anyway. Not worth the money or time.

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:07 am 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Fearless Sissy wrote:
And your main characters are in 7 out of 9 games all scruffy, white men. Are you ****ing kidding me?! ONE Middle Eastern dude and ONE black, kickass lady was the best you could do for diversity?!

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but if all those dudes are Desmond's ancestors, aren't they still ethnically related? I'm think Ezio's a direct descendant of Altair, so while he's probably a bit less Middle Eastern, I don't think he's totally white.

And then there's Connor but oh god AC3 bored me to tears and I ended up just reading about the story after giving up halfway through.

Can't speak for any past that because I haven't touched the series since. Ubisoft a ****.

Adding onto this whoever decided to kill Lucy and then justify it with BUT SHE WAS REALLY A TEMPLAR ALL ALONG GUYS TOTALLY BELIEVE US should be fired.

Also, the recent paid mod debacle on Steam is almost surreal in how bad of an idea it is.

To summarize.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:12 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Eggs wrote:
Fearless Sissy wrote:

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but if all those dudes are Desmond's ancestors, aren't they still ethnically related? I'm think Ezio's a direct descendant of Altair, so while he's probably a bit less Middle Eastern, I don't think he's totally white.

I was under the impression they were like, different branches and not direct descendants of each other. Not tally sure, but hey, Altaïr was like 900 years ago and Ezio 600. Even if the boy toy is a direct descendant of Alty, I still think a 300 year difference pretty much makes him white. Again, not sure. I've given up trying to make sense of AC.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥