All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barnes and Noble Nook
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:40 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I decided to ask this here because I saw someone posting a general Manga thread, and because I like to think we're all pretty creative people here who love fiction.

I have a Barnes and Noble Nook e-reader. Those who are familiar with them are probably familiar with the fact that many books on them can be loaned out once, so sometimes people connect online to offer each other a book to borrow.

Does anyone else here have a Nook e-reader and, if so, are they interested in possibly loaning or borrowing any Lend-Me compatible e-books? I hope that it isn't against the rules to post this here. I figured that it would be a good idea, considering the themes of the forum.

Thanks so much!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:18 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)

I would love to, I have a very large collection. I've been using it very actively at work- I've been reading the Harry Potter books to an old blind woman lately. Unfortunately mine is a Kindle. :( I don't know if they have the same functionality.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:53 pm 

Well actually I'm pretty sure that the Kindle has a similar functionality, but only works with other Kindle users. It's great to hear that you're willing to share. Maybe someone else will come in here that has a Kindle and everyone can swap!

I think that there is a similar option for those who own a Kobo unit too, with other Kobo owners.

Do you work helping the blind out then? That sounds like a wonderful line of work!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:06 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)

I think there is a way, but it involves a lot of DRM removal which I'm sure isn't wise to do. I wish it were possible otherwise. I've got so many books. XD

And uh, yeah, sometimes. I'm a CNA working in a hospice, so not specifically helping blind people (though I've had a couple before.) They are always so fascinated that I can store a whole library on a little device. !snicker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:13 am 

Oh yeah, there is that way but I don't have any wish to screw around with DRM or anything like that haha. If anyone here wanted to share Kindle books, though, I hope that they show up!

Wow, an e-reader does sound like it would be very useful in that situation! That's very noble work that you do.