All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gaming Accessories
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:33 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Yeah hard drives are not expensive anymore. At least not just regular ones. The wireless I am looking at is like 120? But, I could probably find it cheaper with a bit more searching.

Right now my ps3 has 700GB in it. Tons of space in there for everything!

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:16 pm 

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

My wireless headset for my PS3 is USB. Was $100 and it's asuper comfortable over the. Mute button is easy and mic slides in and out to store when not using. I can adjust talk volume and receive volume. Plus, it'll auto work with PC. My mouse has 3500dpi. >:3

Western Digital just released a 1TB+ wireless external hard drive. It's the size of a passport. I love my regular passport PHD from them.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:04 pm 

I have returned

I'm jellie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:03 am 

Hi
Don't you think so $80 USD is too much cost for a particular accessory?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:45 am 

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I need to back up my computer to reinstall windows 10. I have flash drives from 2012. They do not have enough room. I moved and cannot find my external HD. What do you recommend?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:47 pm 

Medals: 3
3rd Year (1)

Leumas wrote:
If you're willing to go for the price range of $250 USD, then I HIGHLY suggest a pair of Astro A40s. They are used by a lot of pro gamers, especially COD players so that's how I got turned onto them.

PROs:
-SUPER comfortable. Very soft, fabric-y ear cups that cover yo' ears.
-Multi-platform, this headset works flawlessly with Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
-High quality chat communication--very good audio quality when used on console.
-Mix amp allows control on in game audio and balance between voice volume.
-4 EQ modes to use for shooter games and movies, for example.
-Mic is removable so you can use the headset as headphones if you so desire. It also folds so you can wear it comfortably around your neck when not in use.
-Comes in all sorts of designs, and different colors depending on where you order.
-GREAT support from the Astro Staff.

CONs:
-The price is high, but it's worth it especially if you're looking to sound-whore in video games and such, but still a great buy if you're looking for quality.
-The time it takes to arrive if you don't buy it in store.
-Because there's a mix amp, there are four different wires. An optical cable for your console, a power cable for the mix amp (both of these are in the back). In the front is the cable that runs to your headset, with a mute switch and also your chat cable which goes directly from your mix amp to your controller if you're using an xbox. For PC you do not need the mix amp, just the headset and its cord.
-Doesn't work with phones. Plugging in the jack from the headset isn't enough--you need this lil' splitter they include with your headset, like you would use for a computer, and unfortunately phones only have the one jack.
-Though the headset is adjustable and fits snuggly on your head, I for whatever reason like mine a little loose, so if I bend my head down for a short time I can feel the headset slip just so. It still stays on my head, but I think this is more of a personal problem ha.

That's about all I can think of atm. After using this headset I honestly wouldn't go any other way if you're shopping for gaming/skype/netflix date purposes. If you're looking for crazy audio quality at an affordable price then I would suggest the Audio-Technica ATH-M50. It's $119 on Amazon, and they are super good.
Got some a while back and they're top notch. Do EQ settings work on console?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am 

RN (Ratchet Nurse)

Global Moderator

Medals: 8
Funniest Member (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Yup! The EQ modes were originally designed for console use. :) the only downside to Astros now are that if you have both a PS4 and Xbox One you’ll have to buy two separate headsets where as before you could own 1 that would work for both as well as PC. My current PS4 version works for PC and PS4 which is all I need it for, but if I end up getting the new Xbox I’ll have to get another pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWERk twERK tWeRK | +
Fire, fire burning bright,
Turn my darkness into light!
Take away my bad luck and ill,
Now bring me nothing but goodwill.
Bad luck came and stayed too long,
Be gone forever, be gone, be gone!
With this fire burning bright,
Bring me good luck, bring me light!