All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

We have reached the 100 member mark! Steadily Growing more and more everyday!

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: News and Updates
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

woot! go us!

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:51 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

Yay! Awesomeness!!! Hope them numbers keep growing! Keep growing with active members that is! =D

~Master to Butler Vilora

Post subject: =]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:22 pm 
Savior

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Sweet! :) i think its cuz Creative Freedom is awesom. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:55 pm 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

We have now created a Member Listings section under Future Roleplays. Here, you can post your 'Writer's Resume' explaining what experience you have with writing, any big RP's you were/are in, what kind of writer you are and whatnot. Whatever you want to share is up to you.

This section WILL be moderated and please follow the below rules when sharing your writing history.

- Do not brag, or write with the purpose of showing off or imposing elitism. It is intimidating to the beginners.

- Do not use these Listings as a means to gauge users when they apply to be in an RP. Refusing a user because they do not have enough writing experience should never be a reason to not let them play. Anyone refusing someone because of what is written in the Member Listings will receive a warning.

-This section is intended to share writing history, preferred genres of users, and/or type of preferred RP's (Fast paced, one on one, group, etc.) Anything else posted here will be asked to be removed. Please do not use your listing to advertise your own RP's or use it to look for new members. The Future RP section is used for advertising your RP's. Not here.

If you have any more questions regarding this section, let me or any other staff member know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 pm 

Owner

We have broken our 200th member mark!! Steadily growing each and everyday!!

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:50 pm 

Owner

Latest news. As some of you may surmise running a site is not the cheapest thing in the world, specially when I am currently still looking for work while also going to school full time and being a wife, mother and all that jazz XB.

That being said I set up a few things to help with running this place so that it does not eat into my own personal funds too much.

One is of course the store where the profits basically feed back into the site to fund server fees, contests, mods that I have to pay for to get installed etc.

Second would be the newly placed ads at the bottom of the site. They rotate to different ads that over time will be content relevant to site content. It should however filter out the adult material but if one does come up rather graphic please let me know so that I can check the settings of the ad software.

Lastly a bit of fun to come. I am going to be holding Creative Freedoms signature contests! The first will be a writing contest which will be to a theme chosen by the staff, where you guys get to do your best to represent the theme is hopes of winning!!! The winners of these contests get an actual physical trophy which they can use to proudly display for all those in their Real non-online world just what it is that they do while spending all those hours online.

So that's it for the updates of the site at the moment. Any questions or concerns feel free to contact me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:56 pm 

Owner

Well given the current flood of 1x1's rps in the Cave section 1x1's will now be moved to their own section so that the group rps in that section are not buried beneath the ton of 1x1 rps. This section will be located as a subsection in the Cave section and will follow the same rules and standards for that section.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:15 am 

Owner

Again given the current flood of 1x1 rps and how they push other rps off to the next page. 1x1 rps are going to be given their own Future rp section. They all go there from now on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm 

Owner

Two new rules have been added, all members need to familiarize themselves with these two new rules as they go into effect immediately.

13 and 14 in the General rules section have now been added.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:48 pm 

Owner

Holiday smiles!! Enjoy our new Holiday Smiles and have fun with them!!

:Welcome: :Hello:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 am 

Owner

Just letting everyone know that I have added new smilies. Hope you all enjoy =D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:53 pm 

Owner

We now have 600 members!!!

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:55 pm 

Owner

To be very very clear on this. No one is to use the Creative Freedom name in anyway shape or form to make anything without my express permission.

This includes IRC channels, chat rooms, facebook rooms, myspace, twitter, etc. I own the name it is mine so I do not want to end getting some legal letter in the mail over something that someone did elsewhere without my knowledge.

Doing so without my knowledge will lead to legal action if need be. Not something that I want to do but I have a family to think about and I do not want to have to be concerned with what is going on behind my back. I appreciate all of your support and love for the site very much so please understand why this is something that I must stress.

I want you all to enjoy yourself and have fun but if it came down to legal problems or the site I would regretfully have to drop the site.

So please no using the name without permission.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 am 

Owner

So as I am warrant to do from time to time I went about searching for general laws and such to make sure that my butt is covered in regards to the content that is on Creative Freedom.

I wish for everyone to be able to express themselves freely here without fear of prosecution and such but there is always that chance, no matter how small, that someone could lodge a complaint against the site. From our chats in the chat, many of you have overly strict and often mean parents who seem to look for reasons to hurt you in someway.

It would be very easy for them to check on the site and what is going on here, and then to pitch a fit over the nature of some of the role plays that you all may be engaging in. Then I get sued and the site goes bye bye forever.

I don't want that and neither do you.

So we are going to break the 1x1 role play section into each respective section which will be based on skill and content like all the other sections.

The role plays that are currently in the one on one section will be reviewed and then moved to where they need to be placed, based on their content etc.

Now I know when posting, dirty can be fun, trust me I know. But there are ways one can post without being so explicit so that you don't have to move it into the Cave. Yet if you want to be dirty, you know really dirty, then you can always role play out those scenes over pm, or through an instant messaging service. I have even increased the inbox limit to make this transaction easier for everyone.

I know there have been a lot of changes lately and this may put many of you off, but there is one thing that always remains constant and consistent that many of you will not find at other role play sites. A dedicated and concerned staff that literally goes the extra mile to try and make you time here with us the absolute very best that it can be.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 am 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5

So Eferhilda will be taking an extended hiatus from the site for personal reasons, therefore has left me in charge so to speak. Please direct any questions or issues for her to me until further notice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:40 am 

Owner

Some of you were having an issue with the recent enforcement of something that has been in affect since April.

Link to original post --> viewtopic.php?p=36310&f=2#p36310

The reasons why this is being enforced is due to the fact that the staff is finally operating at near full capacity so expect threads to moved about and such. There are content rules that are clearly posted in each section and as such every member should be aware of them. If what you are posting does not meet the standards for that section it will be moved to a section where it does meet it. There is always the option to move threads back to where they were originally or even promote them to something higher. Meaning a thread could start in Omega and could be moved to the next tier up at request or even because a staff members notices a thread that is far exceeding the standards of the section. In that case they will be asked if they would like their thread moved higher. In the case of those not meeting the standards will either be moved immediately if the majority of the posts are not meeting the standard or given a warning about the section standards if only a few have begun to not meet the standards.

Those who are not 18 can expect threads of theirs to be moved from the cave to its appropriate skill based section. Those wishing to continue in that section but are underage please pm me so that your options may be discussed.

Please bare in mind that the staff and I are human and mistakes will happen that we are fully prepared to correct when our attention is brought to it. While the site may not seem as active as some larger sites there are still plenty of threads and posts that we have to review so there will be those that slip by. This does not mean that we are favoring anyone or are personally attacking people either. This just means that we missed some and will get to them as soon as we can. Moderating is like an unpaid job with more work at times, so we are doing the best that we can without losing our minds or become stressed over it.

I ask that you please be patient and give us the time we need to do what we need to do to make sure this site continues to run smoothly for many years to come.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:17 pm 

Procrastinating

Medals: 4

You got it Efer =P Not a problem.

Sig courtesy of the amazing Eferhilda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:35 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

not a problem XD efer will do

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:43 pm 

Owner

Given how free and unhindered we are as a site and a family I have changed the chat setting so that you must be logged in to see it. I had it the other way to help guests get familiar with us and see how we are active, but I would rather people join for the forum and stay for the people.

If that makes sense?

Anyway so you need to be logged into the forum to see and use the chat.