All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Work out Buddies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:49 am 

slinking back in

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Mega Poster (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So as it stands it's January an we all start are resolutions to get healthy. Or for whatever reason, but as always I come here for support an to give it. I mean I have an account at Beachbodies but well I am friendless it seems. An well its just not the same so I am thinking I might just talk about it here with all of you. An I would like to hear how an what others are doing. I want to help everyone on there goals as well as my own.

SO I guess I will start

I am doing a program called insanity, its alot of cardio! I mean I am drenched 8 minutes into it. but I do keep water next to me an break when I have to cause even though I wanna push myself I still have to push myself in other areas of my life an I would like to be able to walk then too lol.( I have a tendency to have run on sentences so try an ignore that)

SO for today I am doing Pure Cardio wish me luck cause this one hurts like hell!

An please share your own tales of your sweaty adventures......hmmm.... that sounded mildly inappropriate lol

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Work out Buddies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:14 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Awesome program. I am working up to that myself, because honestly even when I was in basic training it was the cardio that I hated the most.

Instead I am doing my own kind of personal set up thing, where I have made up a program that I feel that I can do and reach my target goal. Nick(Alucard) even helped me devise a weightlifting program with the home gym we just bought. I will be doing that here in a bit after I take my daughter to school. Then tomorrow it would be my cardio and then the next day would be back to weights, etc.

Since I have started I have noticed a nice difference in my overall body structure, my body takes well to weightlifting and exercise in general it is just a matter of me doing it.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 am 

slinking back in

that sounds good. Whe I got there program an looked over the food an the counting of calories I was like "yea thats not happening". I mean as a whole my family an I eat good an have a few snacks an sugars here an there. But I am not gonna deny myself if I want it I want it. But I can portion it out or get a small just enough to suffice my craving or want of it.

I gained a lil weight since I started but I also noticed muscles in my legs an so I am hopping thats what happened. Or I will just be sad an work a lil harder or something. But good on you Efer for working out today. Do you workout every day ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:45 am 

Owner

Monday through friday and take the weekends off.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am 

slinking back in

nice I do Insanity mon - saturday
an yoga on sunday
but sunday will change everyso often I am gonna start swimming as soon the pool is open again

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:12 am 

slinking back in

OMG

my claves an whatever muscle is below my stomach so lower abs I think.....holy something that just burns right now lol

but I did it now time for a shake nom nom.... !nomnom

Hope your workout goes well Efer!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 am 

Owner

I can't do the yoga thing, at least not yet lol.

Or maybe I will get into it, if I can like get the motivation to do so.

Totally working out while on the computer as the routine is on here and I have to pace myself or I could hurt certain muscles more so.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm 

Owner

Work out went great! I feel great and optimistic about this whole thing. I am hoping to see some progress in a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm 

slinking back in

woot go us! yea I hope so too. My friend did insanity once before an said I will notice my size change but not my weight right away because of the muscle I am making so I am staying away from the scale lol

But go Efer for working out one day at a time!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 am 

slinking back in

into my 2nd week into insanity, its hard my abs are currently on fire I can barely get out of my bed with out wincing but I did an then I worked out!!!!

Yea go me. an todays smoothie is gonna be a green tea concoction

1cups brewed green tea
4 tblspoons of low fat vanilla yogart
cup of frozen raspberry
an a lil cream to help thicken it up an ice

it will be thin because I use a whole cup of water but I needed it to be more an a lil thin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm 
Giggity

Blog: View Blog (8)

Efer and I started doing insanity last year but wow, yeah that was intense and didn't last to long, lol. Maybe after im better I'll give it another shot.

Efer on the other hand is doing amazingly well in my opinion, and I'm super proud of her. I got her one of those home gym systems and she seems to enjoy it and I can tell that shes getting results from it. Here's to hoping she gets into yoga, if only for the pants...... :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26 am 

slinking back in

yea I heard if you don't keep up with it, it fades fast. But I plan on doing even after the 2 months an do every other day an do other stuff like yoga or swimming. An yay for being proud. An seriously who doesn't love yoga pants. To either look ...or wear >.>................<.<...............>.>.................>.< love yoga pants lol

today was cardio recovery so slower but still hurting right now but I am gonna make a shake an start the rest of my day!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 pm 
Giggity

Blog: View Blog (8)

the biggest thing for me is that i have to eat sooooo much as it is just to maintain the body weight im at, that if i was to engage in a hardcore exercise program id have to eat even more! No joke.

As it is currently, because of the medications I've been on, my metabolisim is so high that i have to consume roughly 4500 calories a day or I lose weight. I have less then 1% body fat currently, and I'm not looking to bulk up, I'm simply working on sculpting and lean muscle tone.

I can say im quite proud of the fact i've got an adonis belt going on, and I've got abs again for the first time since basic, so I'm good with where I'm at. I'm glad to see that people are taking initative to change then things they do not approve of because theres nothing wrong with wanting to be healthier... as long as it doesnt become an unhealthy obsession!

Good job you two!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 pm 

slinking back in

whoa you weren't kidding Clock but I would agree to just do something that would require you to eat more lol. My daughter is like that naturally she skates back an forth from 1 to 5% for a child. But she moves ALL day so all I can do is feed her an give her pediasure. An honestly if I am ever even slightly keep up with her I think its key to get healthy an stay in shape.

Also I want to one day be able to run either for fun or the community ones. Cause as of now I hate running an I want that to change so I am hopping this will help me with stamina an if not , well I can find something to help me :).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:04 pm 

I do a workout called Monster Mass. It's designed to help get me stronger and bigger. It's pretty much nothing but weightlifting and then 3 minutes of body weight, and then a hint of cardio. I enjoy it because it really helps me test myself out, I can push my limits and get even stronger

-I'm not just chasin' these dreams. 
I'm hiding out in the bushes, and then I wait 'til they leave
and jump out and pistol-whip 'em with my loaded ambition.
I'm not gonna front. I'm Ethan Hunt on this Impossible Mission.-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:26 am 

slinking back in

well good for you Jargos for pushing yourself!

I am happy to see activity on this hehe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:04 am 

slinking back in

WOOOOOO....The blood is pumping the sweat flowing today...an to top off my day its nice an cold out. But sadly the fate was not in my favor when I noticed I had no coffee filters...tea it is then......darn fate
hope your all doing well!

oh an I did the cardio power & resistance today!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 pm 

Thank you, and good luck!
I'm positive you can do it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 pm 

slinking back in

Thanks Jargos I am going on my third week in a day or so I am really pumped. Today was Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs it was only 15 minutes but whoa I was hurting I can now honestly say I know what my core is lol. Gonna make myself a smoothie an go on with my day! push it guys!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:01 pm 

Good Job Dragon! Today is shoulders and traps day. Let's see if I've got what it takes to crush it