Post subject: Find your Book!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:58 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Have you ever encountered the following situation:
Somewhere in the past you have read a good book. Now you want to read it again. BUT what was the name of the author again? Or the title? Even the names of the characters are evading your memory?
In other words you have nothing to just google your desired book. Only the memories of the plot, or some passages have stayed with you.

Let's use this thread to help eachother find the books they are looking for.

Just describe everything that you remember about your desired book and then hope that someone else recognizes it and can give you just the piece of information that you need to find it. This can be the author, the title, or just the name of a character, any hint is welcome.

Good luck to us all ^^

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Find your Book!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

One book I am trying to find I can't remember anything as far as title, author, or names of characters but I do remember a lot of what the plot is about:

It is a medieval fantasy book

It is the 2nd book in a 2 book series, I believe. I know it is the 2nd book but I don't know if there are more after it although I doubt it since pretty much all plot points come to an end at the conclusion of the book. But the book starts off with a young child running through darkened tunnels trying to find his way to safety as the castle he was in is being overrun by invaders. The prologue details his extended period in the dark tunnels looking for for and water and then seemingly coming to an end when he dies. Also there is another part of the prologue where a young woman finds a scroll that is of grave importance and tries to steal it but ends up dying with it.

In the book, magic has been destroyed due to events that took place in the first book, leaving all the former mages without their powers and forced to find work doing other things. However, 3 young girls, the oldest being around 13, still possess magical abilities that are far superior than what the mages had but they are forced to hide these powers as they don't want to be targeted. They are orphans, their mother having died of some illness and their father committing suicide many years later. In order to survive the girls have a sort of stand in their local market where they sell trinkets and such things. Each one has a very specific power; the oldest sister is in tune with nature, can communicate with trees and even pass through them like a portal. The middle sister can see and speak to the dead. The youngest is the most powerful and I think can do pretty much anything, though her most used power is being able to communicate and sometimes control other animals, which she ends up befriending most of them and does not like it when people kill animals or each other. Throughout the book the 3 sisters remain with each other and are forced to leave their home, which at the time is the run down shack as they refuse to go back into the house that their parents died in.

There is more I remember but I will add that in later as I am craving foods at the moment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:35 pm 

I also have one
I don't know if it was a series or a single book, but here are some passages that I still remember:

a red haired male mage arrives with other mages in a different country/world/dimension and every except him gets killed. He gets captured because the attackers think he is a woman and they want to rape/sell him. No clue how he escapes this but he somehow ends up in the desert with a group of nomads. The leader/son of leader/just some random important person in the group takes him to be his second wife which displeases the first wife at first but later on they befriend. By then it is exposed that he is male, but that can not annul the wedding.

the mage also tries to teach the first wife some magic, for example how to turn sand into water but the first wife gets angry because that is against their lifestyle. This first confuses the mage because he thought it would be a good thing if the nomads could always turn water into sand but later he understands why it was a bad idea to propose this

they also have to fight some epic battles of which I don't remember anything, but on the way back they travel on horses/camels and the mage faints because of the heat and the stress put on his body. They find some ruins to take shelter, but there is nothing there. And without help the mage would die so discussions of abandoning come about in the small group. Then the first wife decides to use the sand to water spell on the dried up well inside the ruins and thus is able to save the mage.

this is about the most specific what I remember the rest are just some vague impressions like that the mage was at some point indeed for sale at the slave market but whether he was actually captured or it was part of some plan I don't know. And there was something with the capital/a bigger city as well, maybe even with the king/royal family of the country or a neighbouting country. I don't really know, these stuffs may be from a different book as well.

I have been trying to find this book/series for a while now, I hope someone recognizes this ^^

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:26 am 

I just wanted to bring this thread to attention again as I am sure there are more people with the same issue on their minds ^^