All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:25 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Oh crap you are correct sir. I just now looked at the picture of it. I didn't expect the finger holes...my bad lol I just pictured a regular knife. Otherwise yes I would've done it somewhat of how you described. Oh well ill change it to after backing into you ill maneuver you arm to the side somewhere or up by your head and just kick you away to gain distance or something.

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:49 am 

Hmm... that should work. And no worries. Martial arts and hand-to-hand combat are little academic specialties of mine. I'm just glad I'm able to help. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:02 am 

Just let me know when you've made the edits to your posts so I know what to work with, so that I can post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:54 am 

I appologize for the wait...I hate xmas shopping lol I did change the wording a bit. So I believe you have your knife still in hand and i still left it so that were actually facing each other.

Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:20 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Either way the two of you have a rifle pointed at you from an elevated position =D

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:49 pm 

Yeah n my gun is on the floor. That situation sucks lol. Efer must have had a prior killstreak of 11 and is itching to send out the dogs :-p I like where this story is at currently though. Looking forward to see how this plays out

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:36 pm 

I'll see about posting in the next couple days. Holiday seasons are indeed a pain. I plan on running the fight for a couple more moments (you'll be able to review it and give your approval, and I can make adjustments if necessary) before leading up to the 'current' moment where said rifle is pointed at us. Does that sound all right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:45 pm 

Blog: View Blog (4)

Is this still open? mind if i make a character for this and join? Also question, is there an age limit to the person? and can I use a picture for my persons description? i'll post my character sheet tomorrow c: thanks~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:50 pm 

Owner

As far as I know it is still open. Just read through the info for the rp, make sure you are aware of the requirements for this section and then make a character to be approved by Volatile.

As for the the age limit I am not sure don't think there is one, and pictures are fine as well, from what I understand for this rp.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 pm 

yeah, i just got done reading the info twice and am making one now. Hopefully it's approved and i can always alter the age if it isn't appropriate c: thank you for answering it. Good night then!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:32 am 

The age limit for a character is between 13 and 60. Looking forward to your character.

And thats fine chris looking forward to it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:10 am 

I'm hoping for a crotchety old man to balance out this mob of cocksure 20-somethings. =p

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:15 am 

Owner

lol that would be funny.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:44 am 

Lol I half expected that myself

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 pm 

still open? c: here's my character sheet <3

Name: Caroline Lyall
Appearance:
Image (wears google, and has some for her cat)
Equipment:
Backpack and shoulder bag:
Water canteen (2)
Fire kit (flint, striker, box of matches)
Cat food (5)
Flashlight
Hunting knife
Gloves
Various batteries
Small hand radio
Rationed food
Sharpening kit
Ammo(small box)
Dowsers
Weapons:
Switchblade
Katana
Small hand revolver

Skills: Read the stars like a map. Sword/knife skills. Can find clean water.

History: When her parents died when she was 9 she lived with her brother and his wife. He took her on hunting trips and taught her how to navigate the stars. In her spare time she took a sword teaching classes for 4 years and taught how to wield a Katana and knives. When she was younger and before her parents death her mother showed her for to find water if she ever got stuck in some secluded desert. When the war began her brother was murdered and her sister-in-law committed suicide; Leaving Caroline and her cat Oreo by themselves. Oreo is a black and white tom and Siamese mixed cat with green emerald eyes and has a look that give attitude; he doesn’t mind dogs. She doesn’t like the dark and is afraid of being left alone and she likes to dress up (kind of like cosplaying). She left her home town, Indiana, and walked on till she got to the most populated town in Nebraska, Shabby Town.(also she isn't very skilled with her gun but she tries.)
Personality: She is very outgoing and quick to the punch. She is always smiling and tries to make everyone else happy. She believes that if everyone else is frowning and sad, and there is no one smiling, then there is no hope. So you can always find her smiling, forcing it or not.(mostly forced)

Last edited by HayyelObsession on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:16 pm 

I've been reading along with this for a bit, and since you guys didn't get your old man, I want to volunteer for that role if you'll have me. Seeing you say that Chris, just gave me the inspiration.

...For Man, no rest and no ending. He must go on, conquest beyond conquest. First this little planet with its winds and ways, and then all the laws of mind and matter that restrain him. Then the planets about him and at last out across immensity to the stars. And when he has conquered all the deeps of space and all the mysteries of time, still he will be beginning.

Rule #1, don't match wits with someone with an MBA in Psychology, you will ALWAYS lose, if only because they can **** you off in 10 seconds flat. True story...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:12 pm 

Character accepted and looking forward to your old man gob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:20 am 

Name: Edward Harden or Kaneonuskatew
Appearance:
-height: 5’11”
-build: broad and athletic
-hair: mostly grey, turning to white, thinning, roughly cut short
-eyes: Brown
-apparel: Urban camo fatigues, German military issue parka, tactical sunglasses/goggles, white Stetson, sand colored jungle boots, urban camo bandanna, and fingerless riding gloves.
-misc: Grey beard is just as ragged as the hair cut, skin is crossed and lined with all different tones of tan, caduceus tattoo on the back of his neck and a scar diagonally on the outside of his left eye.

Equipment:
Horse
Backpack
Saddle
Saddle bag
Horn bag
Hat with two holes in the brim
Hoof pick
Replacement bridle
Kevlar gloves (2 pair)
Evaporated milk (1)
Canned pinto beans (3)
Canned clementine (3)
Peanut butter (2)
Water purification tablets (2 boxes, 50 each)
First aid kit
Bow and drill fire kit
Sewing kit
Scissors
Folding shovel w/pick
Socks (2 pairs)
Dried mushrooms (1lb)
Potatoes (6)
Dried carrots (20)
Dried apple slices (40)
Dried horse meat (4lbs)
Dried, mulched, plant matter (10lbs; stored in saddle bags)
Mylar blanket
Sleeping bag
Whet stone
Pocket knife sharpener
Skinning knife
Hatchet
Geiger counter
9V batteries (10)
D batteries (2)
AAA batteries (3)
AA batteries (5)
Water jug (2)
Canteen
Water bottle (2)
Thermal underwear
Change of clothes approximately the same as clothes worn
Goggles for Horse
Flashlight
Rope (100yds)
Quiver
Arrow shafts (30)
Arrow heads, assorted styles (30)
Archery glove

-Weapons:
12 gauge shotgun
Long bow
Machete
Automatic knife

Skills:
Horsemanship
Marksmanship
Medical training

History: Going from family to family, Edward never had a connection besides the name his parents gave him. He didn’t know what he wanted to do or who he wanted to be, and drifted aimlessly through the Montana school systems. He did well enough, but certainly could have done better if he’d paid attention and gone to class more often than he did.

It was only after high school, after spending nearly two years cleaning out stalls and feeding animals, that he decided what he was going to do with his life. There was nothing he could do when another farm hand seriously injured himself through mostly stupidity. They were out alone with the herd, help took too long, the man died, and Edward hated the feeling of helplessness so much that he decided he would be a doctor. During medical school, he continued to live and work on the ranch, losing any free time he might have dreamed of having. But finding that he truly did love the work and especially the horses.

His friends at school introduced the idea of service to him, but he couldn’t imagine actual combat. But he could do what he was trained for. After school, he joined the U.S Army Medical Corps, kept his head down, didn’t get himself shot at too frequently, and saved a few lives. But he also realized that, as soon as he was done, a nice quite place was just what he wanted for the rest of his life.

When he returned ‘home’, there was a chance to start over. So he picked up what was left of his always scattered life, bought himself two horses from the same family he’d lived with before, and moved to Texas. There he got a job at a small clinic and settled down to a fairly peaceful bachelor’s living. He bought parcels of land here and there, had a house built, and started his own little farm with his two horses, a few cows, and even a goat.

Just as he was starting to look forward to retirement, it happened. Friends had always called Edward paranoid or over cautious, but while they were caught with their pants down, he led his favorite horses and the goat down into the basement and prepared to stay put in the subbasement/bunker he’d had dug. He could have lived down there for years. Plenty of food, more than enough water for him and the animals, and if things got worse, there was always the goat. What kind of life is that though? As soon as he was sure it was safe to come out, he hitched up the horses, left the goat to its freedom, and rode north, taken to calling himself Ed Kane when the rare person would ask.

Not so long ago, one of the horses died, leaving him with a skinny appaloosa and, ever a practical person, more meat that he could carry himself.

Hope everything looks good. I'm thinking about having him meet up after you guys leave town, if that's cool.

...For Man, no rest and no ending. He must go on, conquest beyond conquest. First this little planet with its winds and ways, and then all the laws of mind and matter that restrain him. Then the planets about him and at last out across immensity to the stars. And when he has conquered all the deeps of space and all the mysteries of time, still he will be beginning.

Rule #1, don't match wits with someone with an MBA in Psychology, you will ALWAYS lose, if only because they can **** you off in 10 seconds flat. True story...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:05 am 

Character accepted goblin. I like him. Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets together

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm 

Sorry for the post delay. I ended up getting sick and swamped at work simultaneously. x_x