All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:50 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Alright. I am going to be working on my first post today (whether or not I post today is another question). I will begin with the meeting of the Council, so those with a reason to attend will begin here. So the question is, for everyone else, do you want me to set something up that you can get involved in? Or do you have your own ideas of how you would like to begin? I am not partial to either option. I just don't want to set something up if you already have your own ideas.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:52 am 

I have returned

Maybe have the council mention a forward force, some place those who aren’t in charge could go to volunteer.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:12 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

That could work. The council could also mention in volunteering soldiers to perhaps add some of those forces to the kingdoms to bolster their defenses.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 pm 

Hmmmm. Perhaps. At this point, I was planning to have them meeting to discuss the situation and decide to go to war against him (as a united front), as there have been whispers, rumors, even reports of activity within and even beyond the borders of Ciardah, but no actual action has been taken, and some of the kingdoms are likely none too happy about the prospect of war. So part of the meeting would be convincing those who are on the fence to actually join the effort. Those kingdoms that don't need convincing (Eirwen, for example) may be already looking for volunteers, but since the council has not yet come to an agreement, there would not be a centralized location to volunteer, at this point. It is certainly something they could, and likely would discuss, though.

For the time being, I could have a place set up in Eirwen for volunteers. That should suffice for Zane and Lysona. If that works for y'all?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:38 pm 

Alright. The thread is up here. I hope everyone can find a way to get involved. If you cannot, please let me know and I'll be happy to work with you to set something up to get you involved.

I look forward to writing with you all! :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:01 am 

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Sounds good!

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:55 am 

Allow me to make myself abundantly clear. I aim to misbehave.

i'm still working on the profile.

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

Post subject: Darkness and Ice - OOC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 am 

I have returned

So, I've decided to pick up a second character. Say hi to your prince, Twilight.

Name: Taro Belysning
Appearance (Human): Stands 6'3" tall with short, wavy, black hair, lightning blue eyes, and built like a brick house. He wears armor at all times, made of layers of magically reinforced dark leather folded and connect by enchanted sapphire studs. He also carries is spear just about everywhere, crafted from an alloy of mithril and adamantine with a enchanted sapphire head. The sapphire seams to spark with electricity.
Appearance (Fox): An oddity among Kitsune, his fur is mainly black with blue patches where most foxes would have white. (Basically think shiny umbreon) He is also really big, looking more like a dire wolf than a fox.
Race: Kitsune
Mortality: Semi-mortal
Kingdom: Tora
Abilities:
Lightning magic:
Lightning bolts, pretty self explanatory
Thunder, summons a sonic blast, can damage ears and cause sever disorientation, he can direct this blast
Electricity immunity
Lightning armor, cloaks himself in lightning, doesn’t actually stop weapons but does make them regret trying to hit him, can stop some magics
Lightning Speed: Becomes ridiculously fast, does not increase his strength
Lightingsteed: Can summon a spirit of lightning, which takes the form of a horse, his preferred mount in battle.
Electric constructs, can create constructs of pure electricity, this requires complete concentration
Uses the spear as a spell focus. (The spear used to be a wizards staff, but he had the gem reshaped and placed on a sturdier staff)
Expert spearman
A natural leader, especially when leading from the front

Weaknesses: while he is somewhat durable compared to most, its nothing outside the range of your average human.
Personality: Taro has grown his whole life to be a fighter, and much of that on his own volition. He realized early that the darkness that had threatened the land at his birth would return, so while his father drowned those worries in women and booze, Taro trained himself to fight the war he knew would come.
History: Taro was born at the tail end of the previous war, living out his earliest years in fear of the dark kingdom. When Dardanos was defeated, he initially believed that peace had been achieved, that he wouldn't have to fear. But when his father took him to the Kingdom of Argus he realized that the enemy was not defeat, mearly delayed. With his father burying these fears in indulgence, Taro realized leading their nation would fall to him. It was not uncommon for the young lord to leave the castle for extended periods searching the 6 kingdoms for the best teachers of fighting, tactics, and magic. He also worked to help his people, making sure that when that time came they would be ready to follow him, and prepared to fight. While he father may sit on the throne and the nobles obey his every wish, the rest of the nation is ready and waiting for Taro to lead them in the coming war.

In his journeys across the kingdoms he has assisted many others, including Queen Eira in defeating her usurper.

Last edited by Jack Spade on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:22 am 

Accepted. And happy to have another ruler! Woooooo!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:24 am 

I have returned

I'm gonna make a second post for Taro and his father, then from then on I'll post with both Zane and Taro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 am 

Alrighty. Sounds good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:31 pm 

I have returned

So I realized I didn't make this clear in my post, so let me explain why Zane got cuffed.

The guy is literally leaking shadow magic, a dark mist falls off him like some kind of emo dry ice.
I'll make sure that is depicted better in my next post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

I edited.

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:19 am 

1st Year (1)

Emiyn Titus Caederas

Attachment:
alejandro-arevalo-neptune-color-and-detail-correctionweb_rsz.jpg
alejandro-arevalo-neptune-color-and-detail-correctionweb_rsz.jpg [ 95.34 KiB | Viewed 9477 times ]

Name: Emiyn Titus Caederas

Appearance
The seas of Cordelia were kind and good to their reigning King. Standing at a towering 6'9, Emiyn stands above most humans and merfolk. Though not the young man he once was, his muscular frame holds strong through the test of time. His face bears a scars past his right eyelid, though both eyes appear unscathed. Adorning his face, a large beard and crown of untamed locks stained gray's aged light.

He is typically found wearing his royal garbs when in public or during necessary events. Most of them consists of elegant suits or his royal blue and silver armor and his spear in his right hand. When he is in combat or being underwater, he dresses in a sash with trousers and his cape as when he is out meeting his subjects.

Race Merman + King
Mortality: Semi-Immortal
Kingdom: Cordelia

Abilities
Spearmanship: As a fine swordsman, King Emiyn displays impressive spearmanship. His spearmanship is described as graceful like a wave.
Water Magic: Like those before him, Emiyn can command water to his will.
- Create, control, and manipulate water from rivers, lakes and even the ocean in multiple ways:
- He can cool or boil any water source
- Create water portals to transport himself and others to desired locations
- Manipulate the pressure to a great extent, enough to sharpen outer edges, mirroring real blades
- Shape and knead water into various forms and sizes as well as in its pure shapeless form
- Able to speed up his healing while touching water
Lightning Magic: The King has some knowledge in lightning magic:
- Calls down lightning bolts
- Channel lightning into specific fields to paralyze or absorbs energies
- Channel electricity within his body to travel fast distances
- Draw in lightning energies and unleash it in bursts
Future Vision: Emiyn is capable of witnessing visions of the future to a degree. His reliance on this power is limited, and shuts out several visions unless they are most needed or seem dire at any moment. This is a rare power bestowed unto the Caederas family. At times, when he is standing still, he is allowing multiple paths to become open to him.
Hand to Hand Combat: He is able to fight with his fists and to a lesser extent, his feet.

Weaknesses
Poisonous Waters - If he treads into water that is impure, Emiyn cannot swim in or breathe within it.
Electrocution: Should Dylan be submerged in water, electrical attacks will severely harm or even kill him.
Decapitation: Despite his powerful regeneration, Dylan cannot regenerate his head in time before his body falls dead.

Personality
King Emiyn is a benevolent ruler and man with and without his crown. As a warm and inviting youth in the making, that trait carried well into his years. Kind and just, and perhaps too willing to welcome everyone, nearly too eager to make a friend of everyone he happens to meet. With the betrayal of the sirens, he had learned a very important lesson; To discern an ally from an enemy. A necessary lesson with necessity rather than desire. He remains no less the kind and generous man he was when he was a child. Good-natured and upbeat, he had been the light Cordelia needed in their time of dire need.

One of his best attributes would be his capacity in creating jokes. While he can be serious when it arises, the King is usually never without one or two jokes regardless of the situation he finds himself in. However, the betrayal of the sirens has taken some toll on him. He has formed a new wall from the chilled waters of his heart, and will wash away those he deems untrustworthy. His newfound trust is hard to attain and easy to lose.

As a King, he views the needs of the realm matter more than his alone. He will make a hard decision when the need arises and is beyond willing to give up his life to protect his kingdom, even at the cost of his own life. Although he spared Tethys' life, he does regret doing so, as he learns that the sirens' have become trouble upon the seas. Even so, Tethys hangs on his mind, and he knows that he must put an end if his desire to

History
Emiyn Titus Caederas was born in Cordelia, with his father and mother reigning over the throne during his birth and adolescence. He often recalls living a carefree life in his childhood, and in a time where humans, merfolk and sirens all lived together within Cordelia. He could not give many memories of his childhood outside of meeting many of citizens he would come to know and eventually love. He could easily comment on the past co-existence of men, merfolk and sirens. However, when Emiyn was ten years of age, his father was reported deathly ill upon his 10th birthday. The King, in or out of the presence of the public, would work his damnedest to upkeep his legendary smile. Especially towards his dear son. The next day, his mother suddenly turned up ill as well. Their health was failing and in five month's time, the King and Queen passed away. Upon bidding farewell to them both, his father decisively touched his hand, and Emiyn had witnessed a terrible sight: A battle in the throne room. Cloaked usurpers surrounding the throne room... The leader holding an azure spear to young Emiyn...

After their deaths, Navy General Gorlois, one close to his parents and Emiyn, was appointed as King Regent until Emiyn was of proper age to rule. In addition, he would also serve as royal vizier. The man, though a heavy-handed man and warrior. He showed him praise, though his hardheartedness showed every time. At times, Emiyn would show some anger towards his tutelage yet always gave the King's legendary smile, which makes Gorlois smile with pride. Emiyn continued to bear this smile, as his father did even in death.

Upon his eighteenth year, Emiyn was prepared to assume the throne, but during his coronation, his father's vision was realized. cloaked women approached the throne room as they as one revealed herself as Tethys, as the leader of the usurping. Tethys revealed the late King's weapon, an azure spear with a long sharp blade. As it was revealed, the soldiers lunged towards the intruders as a vicious battle ringed out in the throne room. Emiyn wrested his father's trident from her grasp, and with the chance to take her life, he spared their lives and took the throne. He now rules the throne of Cordelia, and with his first decree to banish all sirens to the outer seas, he often wondered whether those times would ever return.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

Last edited by Nizrindane on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:11 pm 

Accepted. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 pm 

Finished and thank you too Dnarion and Amara for creating a story to accommodate my story for Seiran's phoenix side c: I really appreciate it :D

Name: Princess Seiran

Appearance:

Human Form:
Seiran is a slim girl, weighing in at 100 Ibs and standing at 5'1. Her facial features are different but not necessarily outstanding. She has a small square face, with a large forehead accented by thin cheeks, high cheekbones, a small upturned nose, and a thin top lip with a pouty thick bottom lip. The princess has midnight blue eyes that seem to darken to an almost black when she's in thought or is sleepy. Lastly her hair is a faded orange color falling to the middle of her back in an even straight layer.

Phoenix Form: Seiran's form is surprisingly a little bit smaller than the average phoenix, which is very weird considering the dragon DNA running through her veins. The wing feathers are a mix of red and shades of orange, flowing out in an ombre-ish style from dark to light. The top of her head is a fire orange well her fluffy chest and back (under the wings) is pitch coal black. Her large eyes become coal black as well. If she decides to activate her fire powers in this form the fire itself surrounds her body like a cloud.

Race: Pheonix X dragon with her DNA taking on mainly the pheonix Genes. She still has some albeit very little dragon aspects in her system, such as immunity to illness.

Mortality: Rebirth
Kingdom: Pyralis

Abilities:

Flight: in her phoenix form she has the ability of flight

Aerial Combat: She can fight in the air and attack her enemies from above

Speed: She is quite fast in both her phoenix and human form. Her cousin says her speed is "second to none in the palace"
This is especially good for her pheonix form since it makes up for her lack of strength and her small build in combat against bigger creatures.

-Seiran can create, shape and manipulate fire without being burned both in her human and phoenix form.

-As a phoenix she is able to be reborn however when she will rebirth is unknown and she looses all of her memories of her past life.

-Heals quicker than that of a mortal. ex: a broken bone usually heals in a couple days instead of a few weeks that it would take a mortal.

-She's also learning the art of healing using her fire abilities but so far she can only heal very minor wounds.

-Able to shift between her human and phoenix form. In her phoenix form she gains the ability of flight.

-Hand to hand combat and swordsmanship

-Dancing

Weaknesses:

Liquid: All fire users main enemy and weakness. Well Seiran may be able to melt ice she cannot do anything against this which diminishes her flame and weakens her. Seiran's limitations towards water go as far as exhaustion, as such even the simple action of submerging herself in it can cause her to be sleepy or even faint (which sucks cause she loves swimming but good when she can't sleep). Even when it's raining she feels weaker.

Her small build and lack of strength: Seiran is both a small human and phoenix due to this she isn't very strong which poses as a weakness for her when battling larger and tougher enemies.

Own emotions: The more upset the Princess becomes the easier it is for her to loose control of her flame her which is why it's so important that Seiran learns to keep her anger in check. This also ties into sadness, the more depressed she is the less likely she is to be able to create a flame. Her own emotions often cause her get distracted as well.

Her inability to kill: Despite loving the act combat and testing her skills i'm not sure if she'd be able to bring herself to kill anything. She even dislikes injuring other even if she understands that's what combat is meant to be all about.

-Pretty much anything that will kill or weaken a human just weakens her slightly less than a mortal.

Personality:

When you think of an Average Princess you'd usually think Elegant, Soft spoken, and Refined right?...Well Kingdom of Pryalis has Seiran, a complete opposite with her Cheeky-outspoken mannerisms and her preference for spending her days adventuring, sparring and playing with the kingdom children than sitting in a courtroom listening to others drabble on. Yup you guessed it...Seiran is considerably naive BUT with the curiosity of a energetic toddler and never ending determination to learn what baffles her. Lastly a few of the princess's less desirable traits are her fiery temper, her ox like stubbornness and how unpredictable she can sometimes be.

History:

Born only nineteen years ago Seiran is one of the youngest in the Pyralis kingdom and as it stands the youngest royal. The young princess has a strained relationship with her parents almost like any other teenager, however as a child being the only girl she was often the apple of their affection. Her parents gave her lavish gifts and had prestigious Tudors teach her, all in hopes of her becoming the perfect lady that would marry a prince and help form alliances with other kingdoms. (at least that's what she thinks the reason's for their doings is). Seiran was thankful for everything they did but she had other ideas on her future. The young pheonix has always dreamed of flying long distances, seeing the world and experiencing everything it offered since she was a child. Not to sit in an ancient throne day after day protected my armed bodyguards and have every food taste tested before she even looked at it. But being the youngest and only daughter her parents were quite protective, especially the queen who worried if she even flew out of the castle bounds.

Despite this she never let the fear of being punished stop her. See growing up the princess put the saying wild child to shame with her stubborn ways. Whether it was to wear pants instead of dresses, make up her own dances at gatherings, spar with the soldiers, horse back ride, kiss commoner boys, play with the village children, or even climb on the castle roofs if Seiran was told no she would find a way to do it anyway. With this she has always been envious of her brothers and cousin, maybe even a tiny bit resentful. Don't get me wrong she loves them dearly but they have always oh so causally glided through the freedom she herself still fights so hard to retain.

As for the rest of her family the princess has always had a good relationship with most of them even with the tensions and power struggles, but the ones she doesn't she has no problems letting them know. This is mainly because she doesn't have any claim or really want for the throne, She isn't blind to the power struggles that have been haunting the castle since before she was born, she just doesn't want to be involved in all honesty.

As she became a teenager Seiran became very interested in Aerial combat. She had always loved flying as child and was intrigued by how far she could take her abilities. She soon began learning under the knowledgeable eyes of her cousin and so far love for the thrill and the challenge kept her going until she surpassed her brothers in speed and patience. This enjoyed Seiran to no end because it showed her parents that she too was just as capable as her brothers and could take care of herself in the big scary thing they call earth...whether they believed it or not. Her hope in this was that they would eventually let her leave the region to do what she's always dreamed of. Unfortunately was still denied the freedom to travel. This frustrated her to no end, she had already attended every gathering there was, experiamced her fare share of small romances, been in every part of the castle and outlands surrounding it. Nonetheless she was forced to bury the ache for adventure but she began to go a little stir crazy, seeking out anything new and interesting she could partake in. Eventually she came across her cousin's efforts to heal Argus, being curious of the ability to use fire to heal she began trying to both help and learn. It was a slow process and to this day she can barely even mend a wound.

Upon hearing the call for a council meeting Seiran immediately saw this as her way out...her last chance. If she couldn't succeed in convincing her family to let her travel too Argus she would be forced to break free herself. Seiran knew this outcome would force her into hiding somewhere and to avoid this she wanted to try everything she could possibly do to avoid it. From that point on she worked harder than she had ever worked before, in combat training, Royalty education, schooling..everything. The young princess would go to sleep every night exhausted with her head aching, but if you asked her she would say the hardest part was keeping her witty comments about her annoying (insert nameless relative here) promiscuity to herself. All of her efforts did not go in vain for her father noticed her efforts and agreed to let her travel to Argus along with her cousin. The phoenix is overjoyed by this and often looses sleep thinking about the new sights, adventures and the people she'll meet there.

Last edited by Bambina on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:22 am, edited 6 times in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:10 pm 

Hey! I just want to let you guys know that I haven't forgotten you! I've just been really swamped these past few weeks. I am going to try to get a reply this weekend, but I can't promise anything, as I am currently working on a Case Study due tonight, and tomorrow I only have a couple of hours between church and this event I am volunteering for, and I have to fit lunch in there somewhere, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get around to it. And next weekend is my mid-term, so I'm not sure I'll be able to then. But the following week, the only assignment I have due is a case study, so unless it is a super detailed one, I should have time somewhere to write.

Again, I'm sorry for taking so long. I just haven't had time between the new job and class. :( But I will get something up asap! In the meantime, you guys are welcome to continue posting without me, if you'd like to have your characters meet and talk and such.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 am 

1st Year (1)

Hey there, folks. Anyone interested in chatting up Cordelia's Comedy King and his son?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:29 pm 

Hey! Sorry it has taken me so long to get a response up.

Seirian is accepted now.

My mid-term is done, so once I finish my case study for the week, I should be able to get a post up. Hopefully I will have something posted by the end of Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:34 pm 

1st Year (1)

Wonderful! I cannot wait!