1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I did the thing

_________Obscure__________Rules
__________Updates___________CF Guide
___________Contests___________Staff Contact
____________Ask the Staff________Posting Tutorial

__________Cirque du Creativité

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Open Season [OOC]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:41 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

you did indeed

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:42 am 

sorry for being on and off I am a dumb head

A day late, but whatever!!! It's finally done!!! Let me know if these are alright!!

Jennifer Madison; Seamstress; 36
Role: Townsperson
Notable features/skills: Jennifer is somewhat of a mischievous spirit, and she has a signature dark sense of humor as well as a knack for ticking off others. Despite this, she is very outgoing and social for someone who has lived alone for the majority of their adulthood. Gifts in the form of small crafts (i.e. mittens, cushions, dolls, etc.) are common to people she finds especially likable.
Known history: Jenny is quite open about her history should anyone ask, though whether any of it is true is up to the listener; she apparently had an affinity for creation for all her life, and it was her mother who granted her the opportunity to work as a seamstress. She apparently had a lover at some point, but she refuses to say much else outside of that.
Relationships: Natalie (mother, 62), Christopher (father, deceased)

---

Herbert Dasse; Priest; 41;
Role: Inquisitor
Notable features/skills: Herbert has one of the most unbeatable pieties, being a priest and all. This, however, seemed to have gotten to his head; while he's not a religious nut, he's certainly attached, and anyone who has gone to his sermons knows that he can get quite bombastic and pompous about the topic. He himself claims that he will welcome anyone who wishes to "seek the Mother in themselves", but based on his attitude alone people have their doubts.
Known history: Herbert is apparently the descendent of several priests before him, and he cites that as the source to his intense devotion. He had a sibling named Oswald who moved out of Clayhaven for unknown reasons; whatever that reason was, Herbert still sees it as a betrayal, perhaps due to Oswald showing no desire to be a priest.
Relationships: Oswald (42, brother), Jeremy (father, 67), Maria (mother, 64)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:48 am 

@Baphomet-In-China This works, save for the fact that we already have a reverend in the form of @Muse's character, James Avery, and I'm not 100% sure how having another priest would work with that? Of course, they could share duties (take turns to do sermons, take confessions and such), but I'd like to hear Muse's feeling son that before I approve Herbert (or, really, just his occupation, because otherwise he looks good).

If this doesn't work, he can absolutely still work in the church (I have a future character in mind who'll occupy a much lesser position there, basically lighting candles and sweeping the floor and making sure to hold a tune when church-goers sing).

Jennifer accepted without question, she sounds like a cutie!

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:01 pm 

Ah, alright!! Thanks for the info!! I'm fine either way anyhow (didn't really know what occupation to give him tbh, just kinda winged it lol), so just need Muse to chime in so I can make adjustments if needed~

Oh, can a character be unemployed? That's what I was gonna go with originally but I didnt know if that was okay or not :>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26 pm 

you catch more flies with honey but you catch more honeys being fly

Medals: 8
Best Entrance (1) Creative (1)

I was actually along the same line of thinking as Fearless. I honestly wouldn't mind the idea of having another reverend, save for the fact that it seems a little bit too small of a community for two of them. If you still want him to work in the church, like Fearless suggested, there's always the theoretical equivalence of a something like a deacon that still has the capacity to deliver sermons and such, but wouldn't be a recognized reverend of the church (i.e., wouldn't be the one doing anointment, marriage, etc.).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:40 am 

Sure, he can be unemployed if you want him to!

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:05 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Hi guys. Just a bit of a heads up! I'm involved in a rather complex project in work at the moment that is proving to require more code than I anticipated at the start. It needs to be in testing at the end of this sprint which is next week so I'm working through my lunch breaks this week to get it done. This means my posting is going to drop off to practically non existant. Please feel free to run my character as an NPC if necessary. I'll let you know when normality is resumed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:04 am 

Thanks for letting us know! Kick some code-ass!

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:08 am 

If anybody feels uncertain on how to introduce their character, consider the following questions:

+ Where would your character be during a hanging?
    + Are they the type to go to the tavern to celebrate the death of evil, or would they rather get on with work?
    + Do they even go to see the hanging, or do they find it distasteful?
    + What was their relationship with Eliza? Are they angry? Frightened? Relieved?

You are also 100% free, naturally, to create NPCs for your character to talk to, if you don't feel like striking up conversation with a PC. Just be aware that other people are of course free to use these NPCs as well! If you're still stuck, send me a message or post here, and I'll try to help you work something out.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:02 am 

I'm gonna get to my intro soon!! Just that I don't see Herbert in the character list ATM!! I decided to make him unemployed as I suggested a few days ago so the whole double-occupation thing is solved, Soo if that's fine I'd like to see if I have permission to use him now so I can edit the profile and stuff :}

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:46 am 

Ah, of course, I hadn't added him because I didn't see a confirmation from you, but that's all good! I'll put him on the list once I have a laptop again, so just go ahead and introduce him c:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:23 pm 

We're up to date on Gaijin and Baphomet. @KingPigeon how you doin?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:58 pm 

Hey everyone, I made a change to how magic works, so I suggest you perk your ears!

It always sort of bugged me how I wanted witches to go steal something from their targets in order to make the token/taglock. It kinda ruins the mystery aspect, doesn't it? So instead, now witches only need a carving of their target's full name, plus the other usual ingredients, in order to make a token. Keep in mind that this token is still a physical item that other characters might find, which means that in addition to the other things you'll need to describe to me in PM when hexing someone, you now also need to tell me where the witch is keeping the token. I don't care if it's in their underwear, but I need to know, in case someone goes to search their underwear (wink wink), or their loose floorboards, or the hearth ashes, or whatever.

PostThis post was deleted by Renegade96 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:44 pm.
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:05 pm 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Name: Absalon Myers
Role: Townsperson
Notable Features/skills: Absalon has a silver tongue, able to convince people of things without much effort which makes him an exceptional liar. He also has a decent poker face which he uses for gambling. He has three scars over both his left and right eyes. He also wears a sword that he takes good care of
Known History: Absalon doesn't tell anyone about his past before he moved to the sleepy town, all he'll say is that best leave the dead buried. However he will say he made a lot of money playing cards for a living but as for what he does for a living, no one is for sure. All anyone knows is that he makes his money gambling. He is also known for drinking too much
Relationships: Absalon has no known relationships

Last edited by Renegade96 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:11 pm 

You're good to go, @Renegade96! Hop on over to the IC and read and introduce yourself!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:40 am 

Happy to see this becoming a thing! Let's wait for as long as possible to let @KingPigeon, @Baphomet-In-China and @UnculturedGaijin have a chance to post before three years have passed in the RP and everyone is living happily ever after c:

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:37 pm 

Some disappointing news: KingPigeon unfortunately has to drop out due to personal reasons. I'm still waiting to hear back from them regarding my potential use of their characters, but they won't be joining us for the foreseeable future, though they'll always be welcome back.

I haven't heard back from Baphomet for a while, and @UnculturedGaijin is presumably still busy with work.

Even if our numbers have been slightly whittled down, we'll continue on! I've been a bit busy myself for a while, too, but I certainly don't plan to abandon the story if you don't!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:25 pm 

Just wanting to make sure everyone is still alive. @Baphomet-In-China u ok?