All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Glass Landscape OOC
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:18 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Overview

Date: 10 28 17
Time: 2:07 p.m.
Weather Forecast: 71° F. Cloudy, little humidity. 40% of rain. AQI 14.

We are the remaining 2% of the US's population. We came to Queens to hope for a cure, some way to help our loved ones, but it's too late now. We can't get out of the city. The remaining population of Queens has control over resources like oil and weapons, and they aren't keen on sharing with strangers. All supplies in stores are considered fair game. It's a dog-eat-dog world and medical personnel are treated like kings or chattel, depending on where you go.

The retrovirus attacks quickly, with an incubation period of only 24 hours. It is highly contagious and it induces all of the symptoms of the common cold. Except it attacks the central nervous system. Symptoms vary from person to person, but there have been reports of seizures and blindness. Excruciating pain in the spine and joints. People are often unconscious from shock when they die.

Our mission is to create an alliance strong enough to stand up to the enemy faction, find a way to compromise or lay siege, and escape. Escape to where? Any form of organized civilization.

Rules & Guidelines:​

Other than the obvious (be courteous and polite to the other players, no metagaming or god mode, GM's word is law and overrules all, etc. Basic principles, guys), these are the few rules that I am implementing. Please abide by these, and if you have questions, please feel free to ask away.

1. No play-games-for-a-living, kawaii-desu type characters. This is the end of your character's world as they know it. There is DANGER that they will have to run from. They will need to have some physical fitness, at least be able to hustle fairly often and fairly fast. Strength is not required but could be a huge asset. Endurance can be gained over time and is not required at the beginning.

2. No mutations, magic, supernatural abilities, or unrealistic attributes to your characters.

3. GUNS WILL KILL YOU. Well, not necessarily. Your character is allowed to own a gun at the start, but they must have a reason for owning the gun. You will be required to tell why in your character profile. Same with any other weapon aside from common kitchen objects (knives, scissors, etc). Certain types of guns increase your risk of being killed off. Choose wisely. Also, bullets are SCARCE. At the most, your character can have two at a time, and they will have to be acquired within the story.

4. No more than two characters at a time. Sorry, but it gets too clustered and confusing after two. If you want to only play one character but want a different one, PM the GM (me!) and it will be arranged to have your original character either leave the group or be killed off.

5. Characters can and will DIE. Surviving in this world is not easy. If your character doesn't have what it takes, there is the risk that they will die. Some events are determined by a dice roll while others are my decision. It will not be announced which. Please be courteous of the decisions.

6. Just because your character dies does not mean you are kicked out of the roleplay. If your character dies, then you are more than welcome to create another one. Just no more than two at any point.

7. This is not turn-based, but please be mindful of those with busy schedules. Please let me know about any absences in the weeks to come. I will kick you from the roleplay if you do not respond for a week, without contacting me prior.
8. I am always happy to listen to a concern or a suggestion, but I will make all final decisions.

I know this us an Alpha roleplay, but I'm pretty lenient when it comes to correct spelling and grammar. Communication is key, and as long as we know what you're doing, and you know what we're doing, I don't care about sentence count.
All I ask is that your posts are written in third person and in a paragraph format. Feel free to use whatever fonts or text styles to differentiate thoughts, actions, and speech.

Character Sheet

(All I ask is for the information here. Add any other categories or formatting you wish.)

Full Name:
Nickname/Titles:
Birthdate:
Sexual Orientation:
Appearance: (preferably no images)
Height:
Weight:
Build:
Weapons:
Skills:
Brief personality: (just list traits, it's fine.)
Bio/additional info:

Threads

Interest Check
OOC (you are here)
Roleplay Thread (coming soon)

You may post now.

Last edited by Skelly on Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Glass Landscape OOC
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:25 am 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Full Name: Sarah Ya-Han Tian
Nickname/Titles: David
Birthdate: February 7th 1993
Gender/Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: straight, with asexual tendencies
Appearance: Chinese, with dark eyes, a slouched posture, and short, choppy hair. She wears jeans, a dark blue hoodie, and a black backpack.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 133
Build: Thin, lack of curves
Weapons: Metal baseball bat
Skills: Navigation, physics and math, basic snare-making and tracking, hell of a swing.
Brief personality: Anxious, turbulent, observant, empathetic, creative.
Bio/additional info: Dresses / presents herself as male to avoid attention.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:48 pm 

Full Name: Marion Lee Granger
Nickname/Titles: Lee, hates her first name.
Birthdate: 02 26 1994
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance: Desert-tanned skin, brown hair cut to her chin, green eyes.
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Build: Petite, but with swimmer's muscles.
Weapons: A pocket knife, but it functions more as a tool.
Skills: Knowledge of edible plants, fire-building, horseback riding, and basic self-defense. Rudimentary first-aid.
Brief personality: Very laid-back, compassionate, but wary of strangers.
Bio/additional info: Recent ex-smoker, experiences withdrawals.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:43 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

My character is up c:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 pm 

Accepted. Just waiting on the other two.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:57 pm 

Sorry that took so long! Tell me if there's anything I need to change
Full Name: Rachel Flores
Nickname/Titles: Rae
Birthdate: April 15th 1999
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: She’s Filipino-American and has dark brown hair to her shoulder blades that’s usually pulled back in a pony tail and dark brown eyes.
Height: 5’2”
Weight: 125
Build: Built with strong thighs and muscular upper body
Weapons: Her fists(mostly ineffective), pepper spray, lacrosse stick
Skills: Strength, speed, stealth, basic first aid
Brief personality: Energetic, quick tempered, persistent, loyal, impulsive
Bio/additional info: She was on the track team and her only survival training was 5 years of girl scouts