All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Descendants of Gods OOC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:27 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Interest Check Clickty Here!

Descendants of Gods

In the modern world, the Greek Gods are only thought as myths and untrue. Their stories told over and over again in books and classes. History claims them to be myths developed by humanity at the time as a religion. Stories recorded all but stories created in chaotic and destructive society. But there has always been a small doubt. A doubt that maybe they do exist or did at one point and that they had descendants. Descendants that are living in the same world today. Gods, Goddesses, and Titans all had through their blood line descendants living in the modern world as normal human beings. Whether they are going to college, getting married, having kids, working at a law firm, all the normal things a human could be doing in their lifetime. However, in their blood they have hints of divinity and abilities that have yet to be awaken.

Breaking News

"Records of strange death have been reported all across the world. So far a total of fifteen people across the world have been found dead with natural causes that seem unnatural based on the victims age and health. One reports states a five year old girl was recently found yesterday dead in London. An autopsy proved that the young girl passed away from a heart attack. Another report of a young man in Moscow had died from lung cancer, but a week before his passing he had a health exam that showed him to be healthy with no signs of cancer and no history of smoking or other causes of lung cancer. For every case found, including these two, each victim had similar physical changes. They're hair had gone grey and dry and their skin were aged and winkled as if they bodies had fast forward and their life was drained. There are rumors that this may be a new virus that has begun to plague the world or that maybe a new genetic disease. It is uncertain what could be causing these tragedies. Local law enforcement of each area have given statements and with each report dying of natural causes with no traces of any drugs or poisons that could have caused any of these symptoms listed."

A Titan has descended. Hungry for power. The source? Descendants of Gods.

Character Sheet
Name:
Ancestor God/Goddess you are a descendant of.
Personality:
Skills: Possible in relevance to your ancestor. Example: Zeus can mimic people and animals so maybe your character is a good actor on some level? This is probably a bad example and I apologize. We can maybe discuss this section more.
Abilities: I'm pretty open about this. I'm thinking no more than two abilities and that the two should be similar in one way or another. We can discuss this more as well since I'm not defining any big rules on it. Use this article it's so helpful: http://riordan.wikia.com/wiki/Demigod_Abilities
Appearance: You can use a real picture or animated/drawn.
You are also welcome to add a bio if you wish but it is not necessary!

Name: Riu Linda Estivale
Ancestor Demeter
Personality: Family orientated, motherly, green thumb, protective, ambitious, easily jealous, and hopeless romantic. She's desperately wanted a family and kids of her own for a long time but tends to attract the worst kind of guys who only care to get into her pants rather than give her babies. She also tends to scare off guys by bringing up how many kids she wants and the type of wedding she's planning on the first date. Since dating and social life hasn't gone her way, she spends her time in her gardens and her lab talking to her plants.
Skills: Gardener, botanist, and a great babysitter (since she has yet to have kids of her own)
Abilities: Chlorokinesis: Manipulation of plants and floral life and earth like substance (rocks, soil, etc.), can also talk to plants (this will be fun!)
Appearance:

Abilities
Helpful article on Demigod Abilities: http://riordan.wikia.com/wiki/Demigod_Abilities
General abilities all demigods have:
Superhuman Strength: Demigods are far stronger than humans. The children of the Big Three and Ares/Mars are even stronger.
Superhuman Speed and Agility: All Demigods are faster and more agile than humans.
Superhuman Durability: Demigods are more durable that humans.
Superhuman Healing: Demigods can heal faster and with more finality than humans and sustain far greater damage.

How many abilities you may have and the limited to that:
Three Abilities - Can only have two very weak abilities and one main ability.
Two Abilities - Can both be equal in strength. Can be sort of a split from one ability (Ex: manipulation of both floral plants and earth).
One Ability - Self explanatory, probably really powerful.

Posting Order
Posting order is based on the order everyone made their first post.
  1. Yue
  2. MutedGoat
  3. Asterous
  4. iiReaper
  5. Eferhilda

Mystical Creatures/Lore
In development. Another helpful article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_creatures

Last edited by Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Name: Adrien Kingsley
Ancestor: Apollo
Personality: Easily distracted and always full of energy, people person, gets anxious in serious situations
Skills: Musically talented, medicine/nursing, being social
Ability: Can inflict/cause various diseases, as well as heal to a limited extent
Appearance:
| +

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Last edited by Asterous on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 pm 

Life's not all the great right now, sorry.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Name: Skyler Rodrick
Ancestor: Ares
Personality: Stubborn and hot headed. Can be easily goaded into a fight or argument. Extremely loyal. Usually pretty serious.
Skills: Black belt in martial arts, loves to draw, great with dogs, not so much with people.
Appearance:
Attachment:
Best+Cute+Girls+Wallpaper+(2).jpg
Best+Cute+Girls+Wallpaper+(2).jpg [ 147.18 KiB | Viewed 22827 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:13 am 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Awesome! I'll try and have the actual roleplay up by tomorrow then! Any quetsions? Concerns? Ideas?!

I'm honestly not sure how we would 'meet up' or what our adventure could be. My initial thought is our beginning post is about us seeing the breaking news and then suddenly having special abilities related to our ancestors begin to manifest in our characters. I probably should have put something like that in the character sheets.

Would you guys mind adding what abilities you're thinking of suddenly developing? It's okay if you don't, but I just thought of this and might be a good idea to know xD haha!

Edited: My typing is horrible tonight, I apologizes haha.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:51 am 

Eh no problem XD we've all had those nights

Also could I get a little help with mine? I was thinking kind of a duper strength thing but I feel that's generic. Anyone got anything better?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:04 am 

Rping on Weekends!

Hero of the Month (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

@MutedGoat I'm not part of this RP, but how about the power to induce rage in people, like your character can look at two people and they'll suddenly be at each others throats? Or maybe if you don't like that, it can be extreme fear instead?

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 am 

@Zana820 OMG both are so awesome I'll probably pick one of them. Thank you you for helping! :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:34 am 

Rping on Weekends!

Hero of the Month (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1)

No prob, glad I could be of service.

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:48 am 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Oh sweet! You already got some help! Thank you. Also when it comes to abilities, would you guys prefer maybe one ability or possible two? I'm down for either one really. I'm trying to remember what the powers were like in Percy Jackson (the book series that this is sort of inspired by)... technically Percy had several though it always resolved around water. He could manipulate water but he could also heal himself while in water. Right?

I think I'm remembering that correctly haha.

Last edited by Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:41 pm 

I read Percy Jackson so long ago =(

But I'm thinking...drawing a blank on abilities, but I'm thinking!

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:43 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Lookie what I found! http://riordan.wikia.com/wiki/Demigod_Abilities

Woot woot! This may be helpful :D

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:46 pm 

You are a wonderful person! =D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:49 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Google helps. xD Haha!

I already have a good idea that my character is going to be manipulating plant life. Kind of seemed obvious as a descendant of Demeter... haha.

Most of the abilities described are skill based in it but it may help give people some ideas on what abilities or skills your character may have. :) I am definitely saving this link for next time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:11 pm 

Genius! That articles amazing. Reading up on Ares demigods, Odikinesis is basically what Zana said, although I might tweak it a bit. Telumkinesis seems a bit overpowered but I like the idea so I might have that toned down a bit. And the blessing of Ares might not be completely suited for this rp. So that might be gone. Of course all of this is up to Yue, oh fearless leader XD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:34 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

BOW BEFORE ME ALL PUNY THINGS! MUHAHAHA-*chokes and begins a coughing fit*

Ahem! >.> You saw nothing... <.<....

The Blessing of Ares isn't a bad idea, but I would prefer it to be something that's really uncommon and somethings that only comes in a moment of dire need. I think sticking to at least two powers is probably a good idea. So if you want Telumkinesis and Odikinesis, then you can't have Blessing of Ares. Or you're welcome to have a lesser level of two of the abilities and then a main ability. So maybe sort of what I said about the blessing and then a toned down version of Telumkinesis with then the ability of Odikinesis.

Does that make sense? Here's sort of a shorter version and options available:
three abilities - can only have two very weak abilities and one main ability
two abilities - can both be equal in strength, can be sort of a split from one ability (that may not make sense now that I look at it)
one ability - pretty goddamn powerful

Sound good?
You guys can edit and add abilities now with this in mind if you'd like and just make sure to add it to your character sheet. I edited mine so you guys can look at that.

Let me know what you think!

Edit: I also think it's seems natural for us to have an increase in our strength and speed as well when our blood and abilities awaken. It makes a little sense with the awakening of our GOD LIKE POWERS!
Does that sound good?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:19 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

So something from the article that was pointed out by Efer I think would be nice to add to this RP. At the beginning it sort of talks about natural abilities that the Demigods have that I think could also relate to our characters as well which I'll add below:

Superhuman Strength: Demigods are far stronger than humans. The children of the Big Three and Ares/Mars are even stronger.

Superhuman Speed and Agility: All Demigods are faster and more agile than humans.

Superhuman Durability: Demigods are more durable that humans.

Superhuman Healing: Demigods can heal faster and with more finality than humans and sustain far greater damage.

I think it seems reasonable to add. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm 

Sounds good to me =)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:38 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Character Sheet
Name: Makednos aka “Mack”
Ancestor Zeus
Personality:
    In a word butthole could be used to describe Mack and he would not even care if he were to be addressed as such to his face. What he is, is a confident man who knows what he wants and feels he has the power to take it. He goes out with this in mind and will never back down from a fight, perhaps he even goes out to look for them when he is bored. Women to him are interchangeable because there are none in the world he feels really deserve his undivided attention. Instead he goes from woman to woman, granting them pleasure and blessing them with the gift of his presence.

Skills: Charming and seductive to woman, he enjoys manipulating others for his own means. The desire to be the center of attention at all times has contributed to his career as a rising star.
Abilities: Electrokinesis and Shape shifting
Appearance:
Hair: Dark Brown and somewhat rough to the touch.
Eyes: A rich amber brown that has a tendency to become intense one moment and have small “bolts” of power coursing through them. And then calm and playful the next. They are very much the windows to his inner soul and being.
Build: Athletic and muscular, he embodies the male perfection that many of Ancient Greece idolized. He stands at roughly Five Feet, eight inches in height and weighs about 203lbs; all of which is pure muscle.
Clothing&Style: His hair has always been kept short and seems to just stick up on its own. When it comes to facial hair he shaves everything, save for a thin lined beard that runs just along his jaw line. Depending on the time period his clothing will vary, though it focuses mainly on comfort made from fine material.

Olive skin and a smooth complexion, he very much embodies the image of a Greek God. When he walks it is with an air of superiority, because he thinks, feels and knows he is better than everyone else. Due to his volatile nature, his eyes often reflect his mood. Going from cold as ice, a burning storm to cool and collected. Even when angered there is a smile on his face, though it shifts from one of those happy smiles. It is dark, twisted and immensely unsettling to those it is directed.

Mack | +

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:54 pm 

Ok so I think I'm gonna stick with Telumkinesis and Odikinesis. I feel like if I ever did have the blessing, I would be further down the line, only because it says that he basically bestowed on those who proved worthy, and being new to the powers I couldn't have possibly done anything worthy of Ares blessing. I feel like with Telumkinesis there's going to be one weapon I'm EXTREMELY good at conjuring, the others will take a bit more energy. But I still have the knowledge of the how tos for other weapons. Same with Odikinesis. Making others enraged will come easy to her, but other feeling also take more energy and concentration. What do you guys think?

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

It sounds great to me! I like the idea :)

I'm going to update and edit the first post to include the new details on abilities and such.

I also have some ideas on the journey that Asterous helped me jumble together. This is not set in stone or anything but it's an idea I'm going to throw at you guys (you're welcome to dodge).

So! My idea is that for our first post, we hear the breaking news and such. After that it's all game from there! Kidding, kidding haha. I was thinking for our abilities to awaken we have to have a run in with the Titan or Titan's Minions. The Titan is going around sucking out the power and life of any demigod he/she can find. So maybe we have a run in the Titan itself or some mystical creature that is in teams with this evil Titan. During the interaction you're abilities awaken (not sure on the logistics yet behind that we can make it up as we go haha). You somehow escape from the situation... I'm now thinking that it may be best only to have an interaction with a minion rather than the Titan itself so it's a little easier to escape.

From there.... you get an email... from HERMES! Yep. That's right. Hermes is using modern technology! WOOT! GO HERMES! (I liked this silly idea too much that I really, really want to use it... Pretty please??????)

No idea what the email could say or anything like that and I have no idea how we could possible push forward with this idea, but that's what I have so far in my silly little head.

Do you guys think I'm crazy yet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next