All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:51 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I like this idea.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:57 pm 

Life's not all the great right now, sorry.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Dodgeball! Love dodgeball!

Anyways love the idea. Already kind of have semi idea on hoe my powers will first manifest themselves.

Question though, are we all dealing with him together or separate encounters? If its together I feel like everyone would congregate at one persons house to try and collab and figure out what's going on.

Also what would you think about texts instead of emails? If not totally fine, I just that texts might be more....right there I guess? But I'm cool with emails if you have your heart set on emails.

Just some ideas feel free to shoot them down, won't hurt my feelings promise

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:14 am 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Mmm Hermes and text could work actually and may be more 'in technology' than emails. xD (Go Hermes!)

I think when it comes to encountering Titan, I think it can be either or. For the 'gaining abilities' we'll be on our own. So that may better be fitted for a minion rather than the Titan itself. I think we wouldn't really encounter it fully until later on in the roleplay? Like it starts to come after us because we're now a 'threat' to the Titan as we've gained our abilities and were able to escape instead of having our life force taken. So now with our powers awaken, we're officially a threat to it's plans.

Then with the idea that we've been contacted from one of the Gods and pushed together to form a 'team' of some sort, it adds more urgency from the Titan who then tries to sets up traps for us or maybe adds a 'spy' to the group to try and destroy us from the inside. We can probably make it up more as we go, but this is just another idea I randomly thought of just now while typing this....

I think my original thought with the email/text would be that Hermes would ask them to meet somewhere to get answers on the weird phenomenon that just happened. As well as say something along the lines of how they now have powers and all would be explained at a later time at this location. So then all of our characters would congregate there and meet for the first time!

This is just one idea I had with the email/text thing. We can do something else with that, or trash that part all together. I just thought it was really funny and I like silliness and throwing ideas out there. I tend to develop ideas better the more I talk about it so I'm the type to throw ideas at someone, get their thoughts, and then throw more ideas until our mess becomes somewhat... something readable I guess haha!

While we've finally congregated, maybe Hermes could appear himself? Or we could receive another text or something or maybe another God sends a message of some sort. Or maybe we see a magical creature that is on our side that's there to help and explain? Like sort of a guidance for us and our journey!

Then we all freak out and deny that we're demigods xD

Like I said, I like throwing ideas out there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 am 

That's so much better than what I had. I love it. I'm all for that

Some questions:

First, what is the language rating on this? I feel like Skye could definitely have a mouth on her, so I wanna know the limit. Not that every other words gonna be a curse, but hopefully you get it.

Second, did you have any ideas for what a minion would be? Just so we can flesh it out and kind of get an idea of what were up against?

Third, I feel like after after our initial meet up, Hermes would just appear out of no where, watching the panic kind of escalate or whatever.

Or with the "guide", we could have a demigod of Hermes, who ready knows everything and is working for his dad? Otherwise I was thinking a minotaur. XD hahaha! Kidding. I honestly can't think of any creature to be a "guide"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:15 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

When I get on the computer after taking my son to school I will share my thoughts and ideas. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 pm 

This still open to new comers?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:37 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Technically the roleplay is already closed. However if you'd really like to join, I have a hard time saying no. :p Just have your character up soon, I'd like to get this rolling by today if possible.

@MutedGoat For your quetsions:
1. I don't mind cursing at all. As long as it follows Alpha rules and such and isn't the only thing Skye ever says xD

2. No idea about the minions honestly. I was thinking possible some mystical creatures. Maybe one that can disguise itself well or that just seems really scary and evil like a snake coming to attack you in an alleyway. Something you may view as an evil creature from mythology? I'll have to do a little research to see what I can find.

3. Hermes would totally do that. I was thinking it would be good to have a sort of mystical creature guide. We'd still have Hermes maybe communicating to us through texts to help us along but maybe someone to help us in our journey that's physically there all the time may be helpful? Or to like, prove to us that mythology creatures are real. Like a centaur or satyr.

Efer and Asterous may have more thoughts/ideas to add to that.

Edit: Found this article to maybe help us decide on the mystical creatures to use: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_creatures#Animals_from_Greek_mythology

Extra Edit: Also, WELCOME TO THE SITE! I just noticed you're new to the site Reaper! :D You're definitely welcome to join (I mean, how can I say no?) Let me know if you have any questions! I'm still a little new myself but I've gotten use to the site enough to point people in the right direction (usually to Aster).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:07 pm 

Thanks Yue, I'm really sorry about prolonging the RP time, so I'll get down to work and get my character sheet up. Also, thanks for the warm welcome, really appreciate it :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:19 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Oh no worries! Honestly it may be a slow take off anyway so we're in no rush (I still need to write my post... >.>) and we have a lot of other stuff to make/think up.

Let me know if you have any questions towards the character sheet or RP. Or if you have any ideas you want to throw at us yourself, we apparently enjoy playing dodgeball xD

I need to update the first post with a few extra information, so just check up on that in the next 5 minute or so.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:17 pm 

I feel like a satyr would be the easiest creature to get around.

Just throwing it out there but what if Hermes did show up initially, but the mythical creature was our main go to guide. I dunno I'm just trying to make it work, you seem to really like Hermes lol

And no worries about the cursing thing. I didn't intend for her whole vocabulary to be cursing, but shed definitely let it slip here and there especially in stressful times.

I can't wait to start this!!! I'm so excited lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:25 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

I think you're right. A satyr would be easiest to get around and probably more unnoticeable too in some way or another. Maybe he uses some sort of magical charm or ability to hide his 'supernatural' appearance xD

That was my idea actually or the idea I would like to do. I am honestly just being silly about Hermes xD I had the sudden idea about the email and got all giddy because I loved how silly it was so I was all excited about throwing Hermes into the mix xD Haha! But I think having Hermes showing up at that one location (which we need to figure out too) and then having this guide introduced (sent by Hermes) to help us with our journey.

I'm thinking the location should be something that Hermes would be into... like a library!!! OH! A library! Probably a stupid idea but I'm excited about it! :D Haha!

My character may throw a curse word out here and there in stressful times so I think it's okay. xD

ME TOO! I need to start working on my post. I'll do that today. Maybe right now (after I finish this game).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:25 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

For the minions, what about: 

Empousa (basis for the modern vampire - women with flaming hair, one donkey leg, and one bronze leg)

Scythian Dracanae (upper half of a woman, lower half twin snake tails) -- may have some sort of magic (either their own, or from someone else) to disguise themselves as a normal human until they choose to reveal their true form

Stymphalian birds (monstrous, man eating birds) -- could be seen as simply very large birds of prey, until they attack

Of course there are any number of creatures we could choose and simply have them disguised, perhaps by the Titan's magic, to appear normal, or even invisible until they attack.

As for the guide, I like the idea of a satyr. They could, like in Percy Jackson, hide their goat legs simply with pants and special shoes, and horns with either their hair or a hat of some sort. Otherwise, they could also only make themselves visible to our characters/appear normal to everyone else. Also, maybe if they aren't around, a message from the guide could be sent to the group via dryads/other nymphs since both nymphs and satyrs are considered nature spirits in mythology.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:57 pm 

Character Sheet

Name: Jaxon Isle

Ancestor: Hades

Personality: Decisive and calculating, the glimmer and sign of a high level of intelligence is apparent in Jaxon's eyes. Enjoying complex and intricate challenges, Jaxon is truly an individual who thinks outside of the box.

Skills: He is extremely decisive and can find a solution to most problems if possible. He also is known to be very good at stealth.

Abilities: Cyrokinesis and Umbrakinesis

Appearance:

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170424/ce7a78810d4b5ebbe8f8c4c690ec4518.jpg[/img]

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

@iiReaper Awesome character sheet! Thank you for posting it!

As for possible minion ideas. All of those sound pretty good and most of them can dress in disguise with some magic or another. I think for our first post, you guys can take whichever mystical character you want and whatever scenario you think for your own character's interaction. Whether that's maybe a Scythian Dracanae (I'm totally going to use this one because they seem badass to me) who disguises themselves as a normal being before turning into their true form to attack you when you're alone, or maybe it's the Stymphalian birds (this thing gives me nightmares, keep it away!) that suddenly appears out of no where to attack you in it's form.

I'll leave the creativity to you guys! :D We can bounce around what mystical creature seems evil enough to be a minion xD haha! I think it's okay to have more than one mystical creature be evil too.

Does this sound good to everyone?

Short version:

Initial awakening of powers = some mystical creature that is a minion for Titan comes to attack us in some way or another
So guide = Satyr who can disguise itself to look normal, and possible have nymphs and such for communication if need be
Hermes = sends us a text (hehehe) telling us to meet somewhere (this can be after the whole initial attack and can be at the end of our first post) and then appears himself to tell us we're demigods and then grin at us as we all seem to freak out (when I told my brother this, he compared Hermes to Deadpool and I couldn't get the image out of my head after that).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:55 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

I am... so so so sorry.

I made my post... and apparently had too much fun.

I went over 2k words but it's mostly conversation so it should go over smoothly? Please don't be mad....

HERE THE ROLEPLAY AND MY AWESOME POST! http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52157

I wuv you guys <3 <3 <3

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:25 pm 

Its a really crappy five minute drawing but here it is XD Hermes deadpool

Edit:Yay post!!! What's the posting order?

Also it took so long to post that pic. Kept telling me it was too big. Took longer to post than draw it XD

Attachments:
rsz_20170424_220419.jpg
rsz_20170424_220419.jpg [ 50.18 KiB | Viewed 6831 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:30 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

OH MY GOD! HAHAHA! I love it!!!!! I'm so going to save that and show my brother xD

He'll get a crack out this xD I love it!!

Also for those seeing my insane post. You do not need to post that long! I got a little carried away and had a bit too much fun (the site even refused to post it up at first as punishment). You don't need to do anything of that length. Do whatever feels comfortable to you. I get the feeling my second post will be a looooot shorter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:39 pm 

Thank you. Glad you like it XD only problem I have is I can't do digital art, as I don't have the means. I'm stuck doing traditional lol
I wanted to do a full body but I was feeling lazy and wanted to get it up lol

May I post then? Or are we posting by the order in which we joined?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:42 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

I suck at drawing period so I don't even try (unless I'm really bored and feeling super creative and brave to bare witness to something horrific).

Yeah! Go ahead and post. We're doing a posting order by 'who post first' sort of thing.

So for instance if you were to post, then Aster, then posting order would be like this:
Me
You
Aster
Whoever goes next.

Make sense? So whoever post next after me, is then FOREVER going to have to post after ME. MUAAHAHAHA!

Edit: AH! I forgot I hadn't put anything about posting order in my first post xD my apologize haha! If you guys prefer to go a different way, let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:08 am 

Question, would anyone be willing to let me use my Odikinesis on them? Just so in can manifest it? I was thinking it could minifest during the meet up. Skye would start to argue with you and shed somehow make you more angry than you normally would get or angry when you don't want to/shouldn't be

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next