All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Medieval thing OOC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:23 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Character image: https://kristobaldude.files.wordpress.c ... evcopy.jpg (he has both eyes, just thought this was cool, also he has tattoos, we'll be revealed over time)

Character name: Andre WolfFang
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: CG

Equipment: Hand Axe, Buckler shield, basic medic kit.

Skills: Proficient: animal handling/taming. (Rather skilled in this, but is much better at taming wild dogs/wolves then most other things) tacking (could track a white rabbit through the snow in the middle of the night), combat, story telling, and survival.
Beginning: Linguistics (can speak Common, Norse, knows a bit of Elvish.) medical skills (could patch small wounds, saw small wounds together, knows a few tips that could keep someone alive.), Intimidation, crafting (basic wood working and smithing), storytelling.

Personality: there is not much Andre won't do in life, murder, theft, raid, etc etc. But it all must be for at least one good reason, he has twisted morels for sure. Such as stealing, steal to give to the poor, though of course he would take a small cut. He tends to be distrustful of others, unless they could prove other wise to him. It will take some time to learn more about the large man and where he comes from, but he's always got a story or song from his home. A deep rage also lives in him, becoming what's known as a berserker, going wild. Andre is slow to trust others, as it might take years to gain his trust, he also won't hurt, steal, or do anything to a child.

Backstory (optional, but encouraged. It can be in paragraph or list form, marking the most relevant events from your character's life): Andre grew up deep into the north, in small port town known as FrostFell with his tribe. Andre grew up like any child in his lands, he learned to hunt, fight, and of course how to tell a good story. Though things weren't always peaceful, another tribe would raid their village at least five times a year, most times they would be able to fight off the other tribe with little cost to there own people. That is till one or their own betrayed them, costing the village dearly, many men and woman being killed, the village left in ruins. After this Andre had a trust problem, even those close to him couldn't be trusted. Once the village was back in working order, Andre left to go adventure, find his own path in life since he could no longer trust those he grew up with.

Relevant in-game events: none yet

Alright, I'm done. Can make a second character if need be as well.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:35 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

Hero of the Month (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1)

Awesome, gonna wait a little before deciding on a second character; most likely either a druid, cleric, or rogue.

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:16 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Well we need a healer, don't we?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:41 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

I could play a healer in this, ifn' it's still open and whatnot. I play clerics rather often, really.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

I think another addition to our party is more than welcome so feel free to join in. :)

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:01 am 

2nd Year (1)

That sounds good to me :3 I think I'll make a second character, more like a knight this time and most likely female :p as I sS trying to decide if Andre would be male or female. Would have changed the name though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Either is cool yo. Dude barbarian? Awesome. Chick barbarian? Also awesome. ^_^
Hmmm... if you gotta do a Knight charaxter might as well do a Paladin, the evil and undead will fear you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:08 am 

2nd Year (1)

Haha, I'm not sure yet. There are a few ideas I'm floating in my head, based off the heros of For Honor :p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:12 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Ah, I understand. I'm excited for this game to start. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:18 am 

2nd Year (1)

Same! I do hope we start soon! :3 haha, I'll have my second character up in a few days :p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:53 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

I'll probably make my character once the others have put up their first character sheets so there isn't any huge overlap in traits. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:36 am 

2nd Year (1)

Makes since, I can make the rest of my character and do skills after

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:16 am 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

Character Name: Deadnettle
Race: Elf
Class: Druid
Alignment: True Neutral

Equipment: Herb satchel, ritual dagger, blowgun

Skills: Deadnettle is knowledgeable about flora and fauna, in particular the toxic varieties. She is a skilled healer, though she generally prefers to do the opposite. She is a student of druidic magic, focusing around the "negative" or "unnatural" aspects of nature like disease.

Personality: Netta has somewhat of a bleak outlook on life, but she takes it in stride and derives a sense of purpose from resolve in the face of nihilism. She has a very dark sense of humor, though she has a habit of taking things too far for people who don't see life as a joke. Netta's philosophies tend to put her at odds with other druids. As such, she tends to find more companionship in adventurers with different goals than the average druid. She does not see nature as something that needs to be protected, or balance as something that needs to be preserved by outside forces. Not all of nature is green and growing. Not everything comes in cycles. Sometimes things draw to a definite end. Over time, life mutates and changes and sometimes the balance is destroyed, all as a natural course of fate.

Despite her rather macabre obsessions, she is actually one of the nicest people you'll meet. Her main interpersonal flaw is she can be a bit insensitive at times.

Backstory: TBD

Relevant in-game events: TBA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:44 pm 

2nd Year (1)

So we have some kind of healer now?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:19 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Still good to have someone to dump holy wanter on any undead things we may come across, we also need someone with some serious magic so if no one goes for it I'll make a wizard.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:39 pm 

2nd Year (1)

I am going with a knight like character :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:56 pm 

Okay, so I am going to have peeps by end of day. One cleric *insert nature/war deity here* and one up for approval, a kestrel(halfling/harpy halfbreed from D&D .0 Bastards and Bloodlines because I love them so much and yet have never played one) who I was gonna make a rogue-ish type, since I hadn't seen plans for a thief yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:10 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Sounds good. I'm gonna see about being a wizard then. :3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:22 pm 

Character image (any kind of image, except for anime depictions):

Character name: Norah Lannes
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Alignment: Lawful Good

Equipment:
Bastard sword, leather armour, holy symbol

Skills:
Proficient in wilderness survival, combat (bastard sword, two-handed or with shield; dagger), healing, history, religious matters concerning(deity), stealth
Novice in armour repair(stitching and patching leathers, no forging), archery, riding, spellcasting, singing

Personality:

Norah is a rough and tumble lass from the highland mountain clans, and looks upon "soft" behaviour with disdain. She drinks, fights, and speaks without reservation, and while she might be good at remembering her prayers and offerings, she is less observant of other people's cultures. However, she is young, and while brash, isn't a bad person. She simply follows the rules she was given from birth, and will also accept laws of others while in their homes and kingdoms. She has had a few run ins with soldiers and guards before, but being young, a holy woman, and apologetic about her behaviour, no serious consequences have come yet. She is very open minded when it comes to other races, with the lone exception of elves, who "look far too pretty and soft to be real", though she readily admits they are good at whatever it is they do.

Backstory:

Having trained in (deity)'s temple in the highlands, but having never left her homeland, Norah has been sent out to both learn about other peoples and cultures and spread her own message throughout them. She has made a few acquaintances with various other clergies, and yet has found nowhere welcoming. Since she is more comfortable in the wilds than most, she has spent the majority of her time wandering, which is what led her to meet Myrri'kali. The two have formed a fast bond, and now seem inseparable troublemakers. Currently looking for work so she can support her new friend and possibly buy a pack horse and a bow.

Relevant in-game events (finding some item, getting injured, anything that can affect your character's development):

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:43 pm 

Character image (any kind of image, except for anime depictions):

CAUTION: Link contains partial nudity(nothing showing, but she's got no clothes on) and graphic violence (eatin' a bird)

Character name: Myrri'Kali (pronounced mur-REE KAH-lee)
Race: Kestrel
Class: Thief
Alignment: Neutral Good

Equipment:

Clothes, large satchel for carrying things, short sword

Skills:
Advanced in flying, hunting
Proficient in stealth, wilderness survival(nesting), lockpicking, disabling traps, combat (with talons),and talking her way out of trouble
Novice in combat (with weapons), social norms, appraising things, not being a criminal

Personality:
Myrri is a good portion bird, and as such has problems with some parts of sentient society. These include concepts of ownership (especially shiny things, like a magpie), pets (she thinks they're just food), and proper rooms for activities ("why must I got inside to bathe!? I cannot fly inside!"). She speaks in sharp, short words, having barely mastered speaking in common. She is mistrustful of most land-bound people, as she has had bad experiences with them, and retains much of her instinctual behaviour. Nonetheless, she is not cruel like her ancestors, and is moderately friendly to children if nothing else, even if she doesn't understand them. She despises wearing clothing, but as Norah has explained why she must, she does so begrudgingly. Myrri is opportunistic, playful, and all around tries to be a good and "upstanding member of society", even if she doesn't really know what a society is.

Backstory:
Myrri is the result of a harpy stealing her father, as part of a raid harpies sometimes do on halfling villages to replenish their numbers. Once they have succesfully bred, the men are kept as slaves, or worse. Myrri's father was eaten. Myrri herself, being not a true harpy, as sometimes happens thanks to genetics, was shunned, kept pinned under ropes, and had to fight very hard to survive her childhood. She finally managed to escape her cruel clan, and flew as fast as possible away, as she would be killed unceremoniously if caught. Having never met anything but harpies and halfling slaves before, she landed in the first village she came across and tried to get food. The locals, fearing a harpy, chased her off with arrows and torches. This process had been repeated quite a few times before she realised that sneaking into villages after nightfall was more effective. After seeing shiny things like coins and gems inside windows, she determined to get at them, and taught herself how to pick locks. This came easier to her than it normally would because of her time in the woods getting rid of snares locals put up to catch animals and monsters.

Two months ago, she ran across the first human showing kindness to her, Norah Lannes the highlands holy woman. Having similar backgrounds as outsiders, the two became fast friends, and now Myrri is learning all about how the sentient world works and why villagers keep chasing her off. Norah tries to keep Myrri in line with the laws of the land, while Myrri keep Norah from getting too bored in the civilised lowlands.

Relevant in-game events:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next