All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:26 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

@AhZombies

A maze draws two characters together, testing their physical and mental strength. Let's talk about it!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:33 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Woo! I'm excited! Shall we start with making some character sheets?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 pm 

Sure sure. The basics: name, age, gender, personality, appearance, maybe equipment / weapons? As for history, I think we should set some ground rules on what level of technology exists, and what life is like for people in this future?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:46 pm 

1st Year (1)

Sounds good to me!

And definitely! As it was your idea, have you got any ideas already formed in your mind? I'm guessing it'll be set quite far in the future due to the complexity of the maze? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:53 pm 

Not particularly. I was thinking space travel isn't possible except for scientific reasons within the solar system, but big cities are kind of like Coruscant from Star Wars, with really tall buildings and flying vehicles. The lower you go, the more sketch it is. Smaller cities reflect the same feel, but don't have the tallness aspect. There are farmlands and natural places still, but they're very grid-like and contained.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 pm 

1st Year (1)

Okay, I get you!

So the reasoning for the war? Perhaps our characters could have been the rebels and those who are televising it are like the ruling side that are cruel/controlling? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:02 pm 

So the war is ongoing, and they're the prisoners?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:14 am 

1st Year (1)

Unless the war is over and our people were the losing side? XD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:57 am 

Okay got you, just misunderstood a little xD That works. So I'll work on my character sheet and post it up when I can. Can't wait to get started!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 am 

1st Year (1)

What are we saying are the reasons for the war? Why were our characters fighting? XD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:12 am 

First off, them being rebels makes sense. It could be because the government is too controlling, and too aware of people's lives in a Big Brother situation. They could want more freedom of speech and control over their own lives. Or it could be that somehow the government hasn't swapped hands in a large amount years as the result of a coup that happened to put them in power, but now their choices no longer reflect the will of the people.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 am 

1st Year (1)

I like the first one! Makes sense as they're on the TV show :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:00 pm 

I should be able to get my character up some time today. Are you interested in possible romance? I prefer it to happen more as a side thing if the characters happen to fit well together, but the age range would have to be the same for it to be an option.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 am 

1st Year (1)

Okay, cool! I'm away today so I won't be posting up my character but it'll be up on Wednesday!

I'm the exact same and would be totally up for romance :) I'll create my character around yours as yours will no doubt be up before I have a chance to create one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:25 pm 

Name: Daz Lagaou
Personality: Daz is hesitant, but has a firm sense of conviction. He is more of a follower than a leader, and is willing to sacrifice himself for others or what he believes in. The harder he's pushed, the harder he pushes back. Despite this, he isn't a blind follower of anything that crosses his path. It takes time for him to trust others, and can be judgemental. He's also a scrappy fighter, using whatever leverage he can to win.
Appearance:
Daz | +

History: Daz grew up in a poor lower level of a large city with his mother, fighting to get by. He came to blame the cameras that were always watching, never helping, for their misfortune. One day he saw a woman in a mask vandalize a camera. He followed her to the underbelly of the city, where she trapped and accosted him. Gradually, he became part of the rebellion. The rebellion performed a large attack, which failed, and the group was largely scattered or killed. Daz managed to escape for some time. When he was caught, his mother was killed in front of him, and he was brought to a holding cell before being put in The Maze
Equipment / Weapons: hunting knife, 12 food rations

--

Here he is, let me know if you have anything else in mind. I imagined their enemies would be pretty stingy about giving them anything useful, though they'll likely find things in their travels. Sorry it's a day late x3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:27 am 

1st Year (1)

Sorry I was meant to reply last night but I got in quite late from travelling and ended up falling asleep!

Daz looks great! I was thinking of making my character perhaps a daughter of one of the governors and she left to join the rebellion. I figured then for long term story purposes we might be able to make something interesting out of her relationship with a government member etc. I wanted to know what you thought first though :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 am 

Sounds good! Go for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 am 

1st Year (1)

Awesome! Will be up at some point today

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:00 pm 

1st Year (1)

Name: Cora Whittle

Personality: Cora is a passionate woman, often shown by her impulsive behaviour. She's brave and daring, willing to do what needs to be done even if the chances of success are low. She can be hot-headed and stubborn, especially when it comes to someone telling her not to do something she knows is right. She's happy to lead and to be lead and can be naive at times. Cora carries guilt for betraying her father and is still hopeful that he will see the error of his ways.

Appearance:
| +

History: Cora was born to Helen and Klive Whittle, two council members. Helen died shortly after Cora was born, meaning she was raised by Klive. Being a council member meant he was often busy and she was often put into care or looked after by nanny's. She grew up in the Penthouse of one of the buildings that surround the Governments HQ. She was regularly brought into politics which meant she wasn't allowed much freedom when she grew up, her father not wanting to draw any bad press. When the rebellion began to fight against the council, she knew she had to follow her gut feeling and join. It wasn't that she didn't love her father, but the council had become corrupt, taking away peoples freedom and leaving the poor on the streets with no one to turn to for help.

At first the rebels took some time to warm up to her, knowing that she was the daughter of two council members. However, once she'd proven herself she became a valuable member of the rebellion, often offering to take the jobs most were too scared to. After the big attack, the council wanted to make an example of her and execute her publicly. However, her father managed to convince the council to put her into the maze instead, suggesting it would be a better message to the people if she was to be seen suffering.

Equipment/Weapons: 5 throwing knives, small first aid kit.

---

Hope she's okay!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:46 pm 

Looks great! Do you want me to start up the IC, or would you like to?