All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Note for those who read this thread: we are currently at capacity.

The year is 2116.

Humanity has finally conquered space travel in a way that's safe and comfortable. We have been travelling back and forth to several planets and mapping out our galaxy. Now, we are ready to take the next step - colonization. With all the progress humanity has made, we haven't learned how to preserve our own planet. So, when a sister planet to Earth was found, the first thing everyone thought about was: let's take over.

The planet has breathable air, liquid water, and a similar surface to Earth's. And it seemed to be completely empty of other life forms that could pose a threat. It seemed like the perfect place to start over... if they could find people willing to go out there and stay there, and those people had the necessary skills.

That above is the general plot. My idea for characters is to have a crew, sponsored by the government, that will move to the new planet and start a colony there. The twist here is that there is already someone in there - a native civilization, who is not happy at all to see their planet invaded.

Our crew:
- The ship's commander - Zara Ravenna - AhZombies
- Machinist (in charge of keeping all of the machinery working) - Michelle Allen - Shades
- Crew doctor (in charge of keeping the crew healthy and, when the time comes, prepare them for reproduction, which will be done through artificial means) - Titus Andrew Tyler - Eferhilda
- Geologist (will be in charge of analyzing the land and choosing the best place for the colony, taking into account the presence of water, the climate, and the ability to grow crops. They will also plant and tend to the initial crops and teach the rest of the crew how to work the land as well) - Christopher Tao -Corrin
- Cook (this person will be in charge of feeding the crew and making sure their stocks will last up until they can grow their own crops in the new planet) - Peter Aldo - Cotton
- Record keeper and communications officer (this person is in charge of all of the necessary controls and records - they need to keep track of everything that happens, and send constant reports to mission control) - Matias Lagos - ToroRojo

Notes: all of these characters were already part of the Space Agency, and may be trained as needed for their specific role in the expedition. Every character can be of either gender, and will go through mental and physical health assessments before setting foot in the ship, so any character will have to be (or to pass themselves off as) physically and mentally sound in order to be accepted in the expedition.

Note, added: Every character will have two sets of skills. Primary skills are the skill or set of skills that make the character able to perform the job they were hired for (example: a Machinist would have to come with the skill for fixing mechanical equipment). Secondary skills are those they also have, that would make the character able to fill in for another crew member if needed (example: the Machinist could also know how to cook, or have a background in geology, or know first aid, etc).

Disclaimer: The pace for this roleplay will probably be of a post every two weeks. Once two weeks pass from the last post, the next one in the order will be cleared to post starting the next day, as in - the deadline for Player A ends on the 2nd. A reminder will be posted by me on this day, and Player B will be free to post only on the 3rd, in case Player A manages to squeeze a post in before the day ends. That means we will have a set posting order for this to work.

Character sheet template
| +
Picture (Human or art form, except anime)
Description (Fully optional, you may add anything the picture doesn’t show should you choose to):
Name:
Primary skill set:
Secondary skill set:
Equipment (related only to the primary skill set, ask me if you need any help):
Blurb on personality:
Miscellaneous information (Anything you feel the need to state about your character that has not been covered before):

Notes about the character sheet templates:

- Ages should be of 18 and up for fields that would require less of a formal education (things you can learn by hands-on work) and at the very least 21 for fields that would require the character to further their education.

- I haven’t added a background request, but you may feel free to add any important points of your character’s background in the Miscellaneous information field.

I think that’s it for now! Ask if you have any questions!
I’ll have my character up later today, or tomorrow!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:55 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Peter Aldo | +

Description (Fully optional, you may add anything the picture doesn’t show should you choose to): Peter's eyes are hazel. He wears easily washable tan or green jumpsuits, making him look more like a handyman than a cook. Has a tattoo of the name "Lainie" in blue cursive on his upper arm, remaining covered the majority of the time by his sleeves. he's pretty swoll too
Name: Peter Aldo
Position in the crew: Cook
Primary skill set: Cooking
Secondary skill set: Botany, farming (emergency stand-in for geologist)
Equipment (related only to the primary skill set, ask me if you need any help): Anything in the kitchen
Blurb on personality: Peter acts like everything he does for others is a massive inconvenience to him, yet goes out of his way to keep people comfortable and happy. For example, if someone mentioned they didn't like a certain food, he'd rant about how people are so selective and it makes his job difficult. He'll then take the time to prepare them special meals without the mentioned food. A bit of a grump, but good-hearted. Has a very boisterous laugh, doesn't smile often, and gets drunk easily.
Miscellaneous information: N/A

Last edited by Cotton on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Description: Asian, fit body, average height
Name: Christopher Tao
Position in the crew: Geologist and Farming
Primary skill set: Geology, Surveying and Agriculture
Secondary skill set: Biology
Equipment: Various Tools related to agriculture, seismology, laboratory equipment, etc.

Blurb on personality: He's very blunt and straight forward--he speaks his mind. This sometimes makes him seem a bit like a abrasive, but he figures it's better to be honest than deceitful. He won't say something only to hurt someone's feelings, but he'll speak if it needs to be said--at least if he feels it needs to be said.
He's smart and he knows it. He always has an opinion. Even though this rubs people the wrong way, in the end, he cares about the people around him, and will do what it takes to keep everyone alive--and he'll do what it takes to keep the mission on track.

Miscellaneous information: He has a P.h.D in geology and a masters in biology. He's also studied various subjects, from climatology to agriculture. He grew up in a very scientific family. They never pressured him, but it was his curiosity that drove his learning. He was also in love at the young age of 23. They were to marry, when she died in a car accident. He still loves her to this day, but just needed to get away. When the opportunity came for this mission, he couldn't pass it up.

Take a look at My Resume

Last edited by Corrin on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:02 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Name: Zara Ravenna
Position in the crew: Commander
Primary skill set: Leadership, Tactical Intelligence, Survival, Organisation
Secondary skill set: Basic repairs of armour and weapons.
Equipment: The ships weaponry and armoury.
Blurb on personality: Zara tries to make herself approachable to all, knowing that it is a good trait to have as a Commander. She often checks up on her crew, wanting to make sure everyone is in stable condition and can focus properly on the mission. She's a born leader and is athletically skilled. Despite this, sometimes she can be blinded by her want to succeed in missions. She's known as ruthless and emotionally unavailable.
Miscellaneous information: Before being roped into the colonisation mission, Zara worked for the military. She was promoted to Commander after returning from a mission where her own Commander was killed in action. No one was prepared to step up and so she did, managing to ensure everyone else in the squad returned safely.

Last edited by AhZombies on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:43 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Peter is up! c: I enjoy playing grumpy characters, especially men for some reason. He may or may not also be based off an actual cook I know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:46 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Zara is up, hope she's okay! Let me know if I need to make any changes!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:26 pm 

Sort of back.

Approved, no need to change anything!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:22 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

So here's my character, Shades, with my one question further down in regards to his skill set:

Picture: Image

Description: Normally wears glasses.

Name: Matias Lagos

Position in the crew: Communications officer and record keeper

Primary skill set: Communications & Management

Secondary skill set: Electrical engineering

Equipment (related only to the primary skill set, ask me if you need any help): Electrical toolbox, drone, radio.

Blurb on personality: Matias is incredibly, focused, seemingly always hunkered town somewhere either tinkering with the controls or writing mission reports. He attempts to be innovative in everything he does, and is also very eloquent and well spoken. He's a friendly enough person, unless he is feeling particularly stressed, which tends to happen more often than he'd like. When he's stressed, he generally either ignores people or acts as if he'd rather they weren't there.

Miscellaneous information (Anything you feel the need to state about your character that has not been covered before):

Last edited by ToroRojo on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:22 pm 

Sort of back.

@ToroRojo - I guess I didn't really explain well, my bad - I went back and read it up and it is really unclear. Basically, he's in control of everything that has to be kept track of (equipment, schedules, supplies, etc etc).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:37 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Gotcha. I changed the skill to Communications & Management, as that seems to encompass all of that. Let me know if there's any changes you want me to make @Shades.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:45 pm 

Sort of back.

Cool, looks good to me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:20 pm 

Done my character. Let me know if it's okay. I made the primary skill set geology and agriculture, as you have him in charge of those two things it seems. Let me know if I should make agriculture the secondary skill or not.

Take a look at My Resume

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:24 am 

Sort of back.

Nope, that's cool. His primary skills are indeed whatever he has been hired to do. I'll have mine as soon as possible, probably before the weekend, as it's been pretty busy lately, and as soon as we have all of the characters up, I'll start working on the IC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:37 pm 

Sort of back.

Picture:

Description: View picture
Name: Michelle Allen
Position in the crew: Machinist
Primary skill set: Fixing all kinds of mechanical equipment, building small machines, welding, everything that involves dealing with tools.
Secondary skill set: Leadership and organization, despite young and not too experienced, Michelle is able to take charge if needed and lead smaller missions in the event of the commander needing to stay behind.
Equipment: A heavy tool box. Most of her tools are mechanical, even though she does have a few more modern, battery or electricity powered ones for when simple muscle won't do.
Blurb on personality: Michelle could be a pretty big question mark. Some of the time, it seems like she doesn't have a personality - just a task to complete. Some friends feel comfortable enough to call her 'the robot', and she doesn't seem to mind. Deep inside, she is a pretty warm-hearted person, but feels that letting it out will lead her to being taken advantage of. So, she will act as though she doesn't have any feelings, to guard them from being hurt - whether or not that has been the case in the past is something she won't discuss.
Miscellaneous information: Michelle will never refuse anyone any kind of help, except when it comes to cooking - unless the plan is to burn the kitchen down, something she is extremely qualified to do.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 pm 

Sort of back.

All right, got my girl up. Sorry about the delay, life has been crazy busy lately. As soon as we have the Doc, I'll link all of the characters in the first post and start working on the IC.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:50 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Titus Andrew Tyler

Description: “A healthy body is a happy body!” Are the words that Titus lives by and he follows it with a moderate daily exercise routine that has provided him with an athletic muscular build. Long hair, brown with blond highlights from the long hours he had spent outdoors. Blue-green eyes, a kind smile and slightly gauged out ears are what make up this tattooed healer.

Name: Titus Andrew Tyler. (Generally, goes by Dr. T. Or Dr. Ty)

Position in the crew: Chief Medical Personal aka The Doc

Primary skill set: All things relevant to the medical well-being of the human body and mind. Including a strong biological knowledge for the purpose of the artificial reproduction to be done later.

Secondary skill set: Survivalist/Mountain Man. Deemed a hippy by many he enjoys putting himself up against nature. And Winning.

Equipment: Medical Pack that acts like an extensive first aid kit when they are not at the base. A field knife for shits and giggles.

Blurb on personality: Dr. T is the opposite of a typical doctor. Extremely friendly, charismatic, with an overly healthy dose of competitive nature makes him somewhat of a go-getter. He likes to make sure everyone is alright and often bugs them if he thinks they are trying to keep something from him. Always smiling and constantly moving because sitting still just does not seem worthwhile to him. Movement means exercise and exercise meant health.

Miscellaneous information: He holds a doubt doctorate in Medicine and Biology. With a degree in psychology because he wants to heal the whole person.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:55 pm 

Sort of back.

Cool, approved!
Will work on the IC probably around the weekend, unless I happen to find some extra time during the week!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:34 am 

Sort of back.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51847

IC is up! Sorry about the wait! Feel free to get your characters reaching the place, their impressions, expectations, and whatever else you want!
We'll start the fun parts once everyone is in there! Questions, feel free to ask! Also, the characters have been linked in the initial post here for reference.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:36 am 

Sort of back.

So, after a few questions asked by Corrin (by the way, thanks, they helped me flesh out some info), I'm coming here to post the replies I've given him, this way we'll all be on the same page. Also, if you guys have any questions, I highly encourage posting them here, so everyone can see them and the answers. =)

Question: Did they already send probes to the planet and know a lot about it, or are they going in blind?
Answer: They've sent probes, but they basically know that people can survive in it, and not much more than that. Our characters will be the first actual people to set foot on the planet.

Question: Right, so they know basic stuff then? I would assume probes would send back a few things like video, photos, etc. So they would know the terrain? Or is it more like a satellite they sent into orbit to just see it from above, and they analyse that there's water and oxygen? Sorry for specifics, just since my guy is the scientist I want to know what he knows about the planet already.
Answer: They would have pictures and at least one panoramic video, and data on land-to-water proportion and general geography, so they could plan their landing.

Question: Okay so a bit of terrain they know. And were you planning on there being plant life too that they can see in the videos/pictures? That one I don't need to include, just curious as talks about the planet info he's studying while waiting. Lastly, do you know how long the trip will be, or if they're going into hyper sleep or something? In case my guy makes reference, like "they'll have plenty of time to get to know each other being stuck in a tin can for X time" or something to that effect
Answer: No plant life, though the planet is able to support it. And they will be living life as normal, even though the ship itself won't require them to do much unless there's some incident, but they can take this time to get to know each other. As for time, I'm thinking about 6 to 8 weeks.

Question: Okay, so like a fully automated ship?
Answer: Yup. Unless there's any weird incident, it should be smooth sailing and only need some help getting off the ground and back on. (That will be the ship's commander job)

Question: Cool, thanks. Sorry, lastly, is there a name for the planet? Or a designation? If not yet I'll leave it vague and wait for the designation later.
Answer: For now it'll probably be a random combination, like LX-1227. That will work for now, and if someone asks why the local folks will explain the naming. OOC information: The area they were studying when they found the planet is designed in the books as LX. And they discovered the planed on December 27th, hence 1227.

You guys, feel free to ask as many questions as you need, they're more than welcome!

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm 

I guess I'll post questions here from now on, to make things easier. I just wanted to get my post done, so asked you directly. :D

I put up my first post. Whoot!

Take a look at My Resume