All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:27 am 
World Manager

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The dragon shivered and opened his eyes with a gasp, exhaling a combination of ash and fog. It was cold, too cold for… wherever he had been. He remembered warm air, loud music, bright lights, and all the other extravagancies of human city life. He thought, anyway; it all felt like a dream, and was twice as hard to remember.

He stared up at the dangling hunk of meat above him and felt his stomach churn for reasons he didn’t understand. It was beef, by the looks of it. Nothing that horrifying, and yet he fought off the urge to vomit partially out of fear that he would exhale a massive gout of flame. Dragons did that, right? He looked himself over. Too tall for the freezer he was in, shirtless, and wearing a pair of jeans that hardly fought off the cold, he certainly wasn’t human. A flex of his shoulder muscles brought the oddly familiar feeling of his wings trying to stretch in too small a space, and his tail lashed in frustration with a loud clang against the metal wall of the icebox.

A dragon, then. That felt right, anyway. He rolled a bit to the side and tried to stand, but just halfway out of a crouch he slammed his head into the ceiling, thankful for the bony protrusions on the back of his skull. [COLOR="Olive"]“Great.”[/COLOR]

He felt his pockets, feeling a small, flat object in one. He dug it out; a fold out wallet, absent of everything but an ID and a police badge. He squinted and huffed in frustration at the low light, shuffling around the dangling meat, which still made him nauseous, to the single lightbulb in the freezer to read the frosted-over ID. “Maccus Boughbreaker.”he rumbled, looking himself over again. “Height fourteen feet, weight… heavy, black and gold complexion. Seems like me.” he muttered. He repeated the name to himself until it felt familiar.

He flicked the gold badge with his claw, and the sound of his claw hitting the metal sounded familiar. “Detective.” he muttered. “Sounds a bit to haughty for me, I guess.” he continued, looking around for the seam of a door. Maccus’ head throbbed. He wondered if he’d been drugged; he couldn’t recall anything before he woke up beyond that he had not been here, certainly. “Calm down, just get out of the freezer and find out where you are.” he coaxed himself, sliding his hands around the icy wall until he found the hinge of the door. “No handle…” he sighed, stepping back a bit. His frustrated breath elicited an exhalation of a small burst of flame that steamed when it hit the icy door.

Maccus flexed his claws and tensed his arms, feeling the rippling strength of well worked muscle under his scales. [COLOR="olive"]“Maybe I don’t need a handle.”[/COLOR] he wondered taking a step back before throwing the entirety of his weight behind his shoulder and impacting the door with a solid, and loud, clang that sent it barreling of its hinges and across the room outside, and through a wall.

Struggling to his feet, but finding the room too small, Maccus was surprised to find himself in the kitchen of a restaurant. Well, what had been a kitchen, and had been a restaurant; the door had torn it up quite a bit. He picked his way through the wreckage, noting how powerfully silent the place was, not a soul to be heard or seen anywhere. Mac walked out onto a balcony and cussed under his breath in wonder.

Here he was on what felt like the top of the world, a penthouse restaurant in a large skyscraper that overlooked a gorgeous, if not apparently vacant city. Stoplights changed, and the streetlights snapped on as the sun dipped behind another large building far in the distance in time with a loud chime. “The time is now eight in the evening. Again, the Ivy City commissioner’s office would like to thank you for attending the grand opening of our first-of-its kind resort city here on the beautiful Laurel Island. Enjoy the warm days, the chilly nights, and all the amenities you could dream of. Here in Ivy City we strive to be sure you never, ever want to leave.” blared through the city streets, echoing in the quiet.

Maccus let out another shiver as a gust of wind rolled over him, coupled with a rustling behind him. Whirling around, he never noticed the ethereal figure hunched on the roof above him, even after it solidified into an alien, armored form. Instead, the dragon bent down and retrieved the source of the rustling, a folded sheet of paper with another police badge atop it, this one with a chain attached. He slipped the badge around his neck and unfolded the paper to find a simple, if cryptic pair of phrases:

BLESSED ARE THE MEEK
FEAR THE SOUND OF HOOVES

Maccus fought the overwhelming feeling of dread that washed over him as the blaring message in the streets let out another chime. “Have a great night, and welcome, again, to Ivy City.”

~~

Alright, the idea for this is both new and squarely in my comfort zone, so here’s to hoping it makes a good splash here.

All characters will awaken scattered about the city with varying degrees of amnesia. There is a basic level that everyone’s stuck with: They will not know how they got to the island, and preferably will not remember anything before waking up. It’s up to the player if this means they are unaware of their abilities, their identities, or any other such information. They might, if you chose to collaborate, recognize another character for instance.

Once a player gets a character sheet in, they can toss up an idea for an interesting place to wake up. If it makes sense for being in the city, I’ll give you the go ahead and provide you with two clues like Maccus found in the introduction above. These clues will be obscure on varying levels, but almost certainly provide a clue for where the player and those he or she allies with can find information, another character that is in danger, or a general tip for remaining alive on the island.

The players certainly have every right to feel unsafe; they are not alone on the island. There are those who have arrived on the island before them and have woken up in an earlier ‘wave’ that have staked a claim in the strangely pristine resort. According to the friendlier individuals in this small group of earlier arrivals, there are at least four figures who roam the island that are quite content to murder, maul, and otherwise eviscerate the unfortunate souls they happen across. I’ll introduce them in more detail as we go, obviously.

For now, everyone will be playing characters from the same wave. That way I can use older wave characters to help flesh stuff out for the plot. The important concern is, primarily, to survive. If you can find out why you’re on the island, that would be marvelous; the way the currents work and the strange wind patterns certainly make it impossible to leave; and there’s no connection to the outside world.

Ivy City is loaded with secrets waiting to be discovered. For most, the first thing to tackle is the discovery of their own identity. This RP takes place in modern times, under the assumption that the world is populated with a variety of species and with individuals with fantastic abilities, both magical and scientifically enhanced.

There are some little restrictions on the abilities of potential characters, however: they cannot be immortals/deities, and they cannot be extraterrestrial. No aliens, no gods. Pretty short restriction list.

I’ll add more information for y’all based on interest, but I’m looking to get this going pretty quickly. It’s suited well for latecomers too, since they can be from waves more recent than the starting group, which provides yet another avenue for finding out more about the strange, ethereal being that seems to stalk everyone at least once.

Make no mistake: Ivy City was built to celebrate life, but death is a true concern for those who find themselves there. You are being watched, your worthiness is being judged, and there are powers at work that cause the average person to tremble in fear. Up for the challenge?

Characters I'll be bringing as of now:

Full Name: Maccus Boughbreaker

Alias or Nickname:
Mac, Big M, Macintosh

Species: Dragon

Age and Place of Birth: 34

Appearance: Maccus is a big dude, standing at fourteen feet with a muscular body and a large wingspan. The majority of his scales are jet black, save for a golden yellow streak that runs from under his snout all the way down around to the underside of his tail. Golden irises with proper reptilian pupils complete the draconic look when coupled with his rather toothy grin. One odd feature of his sub-species is a glowing neon yellow tongue, which he often got picked on for. Maccus didn’t mind simply because it was unique.

Mac wears clothing based on practicality more than anything, but is normally content with a pair of blue jeans and a yellow t-shirt and black sneakers. Mac also owns his own set of SWAT gear from his old job, complete with helmet and a fabric face mask to conceal his glowing tongue and such when talking.

Family: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Friends: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Other Allies: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Enemies: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Fears: Helplessness.

Strengths: Large size, good leadership skill, immense strength, flight.

Weaknesses: A stubborn tendency to put himself in harm’s way to protect other’s when another alternative is available.

Items: Wallet containing his ID and his detective's badge.

Abilities:

Fire Breathing and Pyromancy: Though fire breathing comes standard with being a dragon of Maccus’ species, pyromancy does not. He learned the art in order to better control the destructive force of his natural ability.

Night Vision: Mac’s species is mostly nocturnal, and he therefore has excellent night vision.

Aikido: 4th Dan skill level, goes well with his personality.

Passive Abilities:

Flight

Immense Strength

Kevlar-Strength Hide

Extensive Firearms Training

History:

Character Biography
Besides the police background implied by the items he's found, Maccus has no recollection of his past.

Mac's an example profile, anyway. You may use any template you like, and I might toss up some for the other characters I'm going to bring in for you all to reference as we get closer to starting this! Any takers?

Last edited by Boss LeBlanc on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Got my interest as always. Hopefully in the morning I can get you a character. Looking to stick this one out with you till the end.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 am 

I'm interested :)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:05 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

Eferhilda wrote:
Got my interest as always. Hopefully in the morning I can get you a character. Looking to stick this one out with you till the end.

Ah, thank you kindly. I look forward to seeing your character =)

And thank you as well, mystikmage. If I had figured out how to easily multiquote, addressing you would have been much easier, but anyway, looking forward to what you come up with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 am 

Here's one character. I'd like to introduce another as soon as I finish his sheet as well ^-^;

Full Name: Marianna Rodriguez

Nick name: Maria, or Ria (pronounced ree-ah)

Species: Shape-shifter; defined as being able to change into one other form. Her form happens to be a mockingbird and a small one at that. She’s quick in this form, and at times hardly noticeable due to her light colored feathers. In her form, Maria, in a sense, becomes the bird she appears to be. Her mind remains in tack, however human communication is impossible and she relies on songs and chirpings to gain attention when in her form.

Age and Place of Birth: 17, as for place of birth, she can’t remember.

Appearance: Maria comes from a long line of Spaniards, though she can’t quite recall that detail. Her skin is tan, and her hair is a soft brown that spirals to her back. Usually her hair is up in some fashion just so that she doesn’t have curls obscuring her eyesight. Her eyes are a dark brown, almost black, practically completely a typical Mediterranean child appearance.
As for her clothes, Maria would prefer something elegant but comfortable. However, she finds herself in casual, loose blue jeans, black running sneakers, a form-fitting emerald green tank top and a soft black suede jacket.

Personality: Maria is not all that complex. She’s quiet at times when she’s unsettled, angry, or otherwise upset. However, she’s usually bubbly and cheerful. In some cases, her mouth works faster than her mind does, but she never means this to come off as rude or uncaring. She’s very loving to those who have gained her trust, and as such is completely dependent at times to her older brother.

Family: Maria remembers her brother, Carlos, because the shock of being separated from him hits her first when she wakes up alone.

Friends: She can vaguely remember people from home…wherever home is.

Other Allies: None

Enemies: None that she knows of

Fears: Maria is quick to become paranoid and anxious, and therefore scares easily. Generally, she doesn’t like the unsettling feeling of not knowing.

Abilities: Maria can, at times when she’s concentrating hard enough, call out her mockingbird senses. For example, if she needs a different perspective, she can focus her eyesight to view the world as if her from mockingbird. The same can be said for her hearing and voice if needed.

History: Maria can’t remember much before she woke up. Only that the name of her brother was on the tip of her tongue before she was rendered unconscious. Knowing that she has an older brother, Maria remembers some of the rest of their family. A mother and father, an uncle and few aunts. To Maria though, the memory is too fuzzy for her to retain images of faces or recall any names. As to where she comes from, how she came to the island or why, Maria is completely clueless.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:09 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

That seems rather fine too me! Very cool, actually; I've had one person propose a shapeshifter in another version of this RP and I had to turn them down! If only they'd done such a good job of constructing one!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 pm 

*bows* you're too kind. I actually owe this version of shape shifters to a friend of mine whom I've role-played with frequently. I'll try to have her brothers sheet up tonight.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:45 pm 

Owner

Full Name: Calvin Alexander Lanch

Alias or Nickname: Cal, Alex, Moo (though he that one usually gets a punch to the face)

Species: Minotaur

Age and Place of Birth: 36, his birth place is at this moment unknown to him

Appearance: Calvin is a minotaur, standing at an imposing 8ft tall and weighs in at about 700 pounds of all muscle. Long curved black horns protrude from his skull pointing forward making it ideal for charging and gorging his opponents. His body is covered in short, soft black fur. Atop his head is a thick mane of dreaded hair which matches the color of his fur.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs45/i/2009/ ... tstain.jpg

Clothing varies from time to time for Calvin, depending on his mood. He is currently wearing nothing but a brown leather loin cloth that is trimmed in the fur of some animal.

Family: As for the start of the rp he seems to recall his mother, but even that is blurry.

Friends: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Other Allies:As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Enemies:As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Fears:Failing

Strengths:Large size, immense strength,

Weaknesses:Has a hard time accepting help from others, preferring to succeed on his own or not at all.

Items:A highly ornate belt that seems to represent some form of victory or championship. A bouquet of flowers.

Abilities:  Rage, Dark Vision, Gore and a fighting style akin to grappling and wrestling.

Rage: If pushed Calvin will fall into a berserk-er type rage, at this point he will not stop unless killed or knocked unconscious.

Dark vision: Can see in total darkness.

Passive Abilities: 

Scent

Keen hearing

Immense Strength

Incredibly thick hide and bones, making it incredibly hard to cause him permanent and life threatening harm.

Body Language (Calvin can read body language to determine the most likely move an opponent is going to make)

History: 

Character Biography 
His belt leads him to believe he is a champion, but of what he is not sure. The flowers he believes he was bringing to his mother, though he is not entirely sure about that.

Possible starting location: On the floor of a Steak house

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:05 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

That also works just perfectly. I'll post your phrase couplets in the order you guys posted character sheets.
mystikmage:
BEWARE THE CHARMER
THE MISSING ONE IS NOT LOST

And for Eferhilda:
YOU WILL KNOW HIM WHEN IT IS TIME
THE BLIND ONE SEES

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:45 pm 

Fantastic. So here's Carlos' sheet.

Name: Carlos Rodriguez

Age and place of birth: 22. He can remember living somewhere warm and always sunny, however thinking of home makes his memory worsen.

Species: Carlos is a shape shifter. The animal that he can transform into happens to be a red-railed hawk. His control over his shifting abilities however is weak since can barely remember that he can shift at all. When in his hawk form, Carlos sometimes falls victim to the preditor mind-set of his hawk, gaining tunnel vision and his actions turn to kill.

Appearance: Carlos is of average height, not too much over six feet tall however his body is lean and slightly built, so he appears to be taller than he naturally is (especially when standing next to his sister). His hair is a dark chestnut brown, nearly black and his eyes are a softer brown. He is also tan, however his dark tan is a result of long days spent out in the sun. His shoulders bare thin white scars that appear to have been deep scratch or claw marks. There are similar white marks down his back, and one that reaches his neck just above his shirt collar.

Usually Carlos doesn’t care what he’s wearing. Jeans and a shirt always work fine. So it’s not all that surprising that he wakes up in a dark pair of loose jeans and a white shirt that’s slightly stained with dirt and muddy water.

Personality: Carlos, in a sense, in the opposite of Maria. He is more outgoing, but not exactly and open book. He isn’t quick to trust, but he’s quick to defend someone is he feels they need help. He usually speaks his mind more so that his sister, and he’ll only speak out of line when his emotions are at his highest. Unlike Maria, who is usually positive and calm, Carlos has less control over his emotion state and therefore easy to anger. However, when he’s in a better disposition, Carlos is polite and known to crack a few jokes here and there.

Objects: Carlos wakes up with a wallet in his pocket that has a colorful flag on the front. He can’t exactly remember what the flag stands for, but he guesses it has something to do with his family. In the wallet, there’s nothing but a picture of him and a younger girl. Since she looks so much as he does, Carlos guesses it must be his sister. No name comes to mind, only questions.

Family: The girl in the picture?

Friends: None that he can recall

Other Allies: None

Enemies: Carlos remembers getting into a fight or too, but he can’t pin-point names or faces

Fears: Losing control, and hurting those he considers innocent or caring for. Since Carlos has little control over his abilities, the nagging fear of losing completely control haunts him whenever he shifts.

Abilities: When in his hawk form Carlos is swift and lethal. His speed is a tad bit faster than natural born hawks, and his sharp talons are used effortlessly against his prey.

History: Carlos can hardly remember anything of his past when he wakes up.

Oh and I forgot to mention the place they’ll wake up….for Maria, a coffee or tea shop if possible, and for Carlos, maybe a gym or anywhere actually xD

γνῶθι σεαυτόν.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:48 am 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

That seems just fine as well. Just a question, though, and I might sound like an absolute idiot by asking it, but that's a gamble I'll take: they turn into natural sized versions of these avians, yes? Not anthropomorphic or large versions? Just out of curiosity; the island is hardly safe for the average person, you see.

Either way, here's his phrases:
HIS MAP WILL GUIDE YOU
DO NOT FEAR HIS FIRE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:15 am 

Yes. When they change forms they appear to be that specific bird. As humans they can retain some of their animals senses and as animals they retain their human intellect. So in essence the best and worst of both worlds.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:14 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

Ah, alright! If you guys would be so kind as to nudge any friends of yours who might be interested in this sort of thing I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's a couple more of the characters I'm going to use:

Alias: Buyou

Species: Raccoon

Appearance: About four foot five with shaggy blond hair that is just barely too long, sometimes falling in front of his dazzling green eyes. His fur is tan on darker brown stripes and facial markings. He wears baggy blue jeans with shoes that are very similar to any generic sneaker. Finally, upon waking up he was wearing a black parka with the words "Combat Instructor" across the back shoulders in bright yellow, with a simple white shirt underneath.

Family: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Friends: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Other Allies: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Enemies: As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Likes: Music, friends, training, pranks, and happy people.

Hates: Depressing or angry people, people who write-off magic as nonexistent/inferior to science.

Fears: Doing something he'll regret.

Strengths: Extreme understanding of magic, martial arts prodigy, highly intelligent.

Weaknesses: Very willing to trust and forgive.

Abilities:
Mana-Sight: Buyou is able to see the natural lines of mana in all things, and is able to manipulate them physically thanks to his acute knowledge of magic in its most basic form.
Superhuman Strength and Speed: By manipulating the mana within himself through extensive training, Buyou is capable of feats of strength and speed that should not be possible for someone well beyond his slight frame.
Electric Powers: No one, not even Buyou before he awoke in the city, was quite certain of the origins of his affinity for electricity. Partially magical in origin, and just as biological, his boundless energy can be manifested in violent bursts of electricity that can be controlled thanks to extensive training. Of course, much of this training was forgotten when he woke up.

History:
Finding only a nametag on his person, Buyou has only the fuzziest recollection of who he is.

DEATH COMES NOT TO THOSE WHO WAIT
WITH HIS STRENGTH COMES LOYALTY

--

Full Name: Roxxie McAllister

Alias or Nickname: Rox, Roxxie, Moxxie

Species: Fox

Age and Place of Birth: 23; Miami, Fl

Appearance: Roxxie stands at about five foot four, her main fur color an established jet black with hot pink underbelly, snout, and ear and tail tips. Her eyes are a stunning steel blue. She normally wears a pair of black studded jeans with a pink tank-top adorned with a black skull and some mirror-lens aviators, as well as black combat boots.

Family: She cannot recall any.

Friends: Any current customer.

Other Allies: Whoever is convenient.

Rivals: She has no competition in the city.

Enemies: Whichever unfortunate soul ends up at the wrong end of a gun.

Love Life: Wild and casual.

Hates: Magic, preppy things, cheerleaders, followers, nay-sayers

Fears: Supernatural things beyond her control, sharks, the roaming horrors of Ivy City

Strengths: Leadership skills, loyalty, steady aim, good gut instincts

Weaknesses: Headstrong, eccentric, sometimes apathetic

Abilities:

Numerous Piloting Skills: Experienced with preferably helicopter-like aircraft, but not opposed to fighter jets or bombers if the need arises.

Peak Fitness: Though liking to keep her girlish figure, Roxxie is no slouch in a fight and is capable of impressive running speed for an otherwise normal vixen.

Unique Fighting Style: Taking after her wild personality, Roxxie hits hard and fast with a combination of gun slinging and physical combat.

History:

Roxxie is, as far as anyone knows, from the earliest wave to awaken on the island. She tends to not talk too much about the others she'd met during that time more than that they'd had a bad run in with one of the roving 'bosses' as she calls them. To her knowledge, there is only one other person from her wave that could still be alive, but she hasn't seen him in over a month.

She's staked her claim in a way that is pointedly unusual among those who wake up on the island, and after experiencing its mysteries she has grown content to simply make a living. Moving in to one of the many fully prepared bars on the island. She makes sure it's always open for business, and any newcomers are more than welcome. She's found a gun to be a great deterrent for troublemakers.

Offering warm beds in the small hotel the bar is a part of, food, and drink solely for the price of what little information the newcomers have is largely her practice, but sometimes she hesitantly asks for favors from guests: getting some more ammo from a police station, medical supplies, and such. For some reason, the roaming bosses of the island never seem to make a circuit past her bar, except for the one that she calls the Stalker. The one that everyone sees at some point.

All in all, she's an often drunk, cranky, troubled ****ing of a vixen, but she's got a good heart. Rumor has it that she's been collecting the cryptic notes all those who wake up have on them, or soon find, trying to find a meaning to them. In fact, she keeps her own taped up behind the bar.

HOLD THE FORT
ONE IS A LIAR

~~

Full Name: Zakhar “Zack” Alejandro Rojas-Lobov, A.K.A. “Le Loup”, A.K.A. “Mr. Red”

Species: Human/Werewolf

Age and Place of Birth: St. Augustine, Fl; 23

Appearance: Usually dressed like the sort of fellow you wouldn’t like to meet in a back alley, Zakhar has a particular fondness for the color red. He often wears some sort of hoodie to obscure his face when approaching victims, since he is still vulnerable when human. Though confident, he tends to walk around with something of a lazy slouch, his hands stuffed in his pockets. Usually in he wears jeans, and tends to prefer walking around barefoot given that his transformation tends to do a number on any shoes he might be wearing. Otherwise, he usually wears a simple black undershirt beneath his hoodie. Brown-haired, green-eyed, and olive-skinned, he looks like his mother who, despite Russian nationality, was probably more of Turkic origins.

When transformed, Zakhar gains considerable muscle mass befitting of the strength he acquires. Growing from a modest 5’8” to a much more substantial 7’, his body is covered in a rich brown and bronze coat with a much more red color on his shaggy mane. With large claws and a digitrade posture, he maintains a slouch most of the time to facilitate running on all fours for added speed. His eyes stay that same stark green after transforming.

Family: Father, Deceased; Mother, Deceased. As of RP start, he cannot recall any.

Love Life: Likes to think of himself as a player, but he’s usually too busy to do much.

Likes: Red meat, spicy food, the moon, nighttime, city life, petty criminals, singing, movies, and the color red.

Hates: Silver, cops, being coddled and dismissed.

Fears: Doing something he shouldn’t when transformed; addiction to the drugs he used to traffic, and revenge from the Medellin Cartels.

Strengths: As a human, he is clever, charming, and possesses enhanced senses and reflexes. When transformed, he possesses immense strength and agility, enormous stamina, and vicious teeth and claws.

Weaknesses: As a human, he possesses a short temper and has a tendency to get into fights against his better judgment. He is also just as vulnerable to damage as any normal human, despite being rather quick on his feet with his enhanced reflexes. As the wolf, he is something of a juggernaut, but he is still weak to things that traditionally cause problems for werewolves, particularly silver. Any injuries sustained as a wolf are partially healed when he transforms back, but not fully, potentially leading to mortal injury that causes shock when he regains full control of himself.

Weaponry:
Switchblade: Self explanatory, mostly. Given to him by his father.

Abilities:
Lycanthropy: The ability to transform to and from his werewolf form. Under the light of the full moon, this change is involuntary and unavoidable unless he stays entirely isolated from the moonlight. Once exposed, he will be in his werewolf form until the moon sets. This can mean, of course, that a full moon during the daytime is capable of transforming him as well. During this sort of involuntary transformation, he is entirely subject to the will of the wolf, and is consumed by instinct, preventing him from being aware of his actions or having and influence on them. As such, the best strategy for dealing with him in this state is to put your enemies between you and him so he has someone else to kill before he gets to you.
At all times, the wolf’s presence is known in his mind. This manifests itself in different ways as a byproduct of his psyche attempting to deal with such a powerful force. Primarily, the wolf takes the form of a voice that goads him into giving in, which he is capable of doing with at least partial moonlight. When transformed during these times, he is mostly in control of his actions, but is certainly much more prone to the suggestions of the wolf. Furthermore, his temper is also much more violent, and he is altogether easily agitated, and tends to respond to issues with brawn rather than thinking them through. In effect, his mind’s fusion with the wolf is directly proportional to the amount of moonlight, as is his overall strength and resilience.
In the absence of moonlight, he is unable to transform at all. Though he had taken an interest in some more supernatural means of drawing out the wolf in times of need, he was mostly unsuccessful, since the only means he found was a concoction called Liquid Moonlight, an ancient drug that had a strong tendency to become so pervasive and addictive in a werewolf’s body that they would permanently devolve into the wolf. As such, he’s mostly content to just hold on to his humanity. While human, he possesses above average strength, stamina, and speed, and immensely enhanced senses. These attributes are also affected by the phase of the moon, but even in the event of a new moon, these passive effects never fade entirely.

As a result of the transformation being a strenuous experience for his body, he also tends to eat quite a bit to make up for it, despite never seeming to gain weight. If he does not feed in some sense during his time as the wolf, he will be severely weakened and exhausted upon returning to human form, and often in intense pain if he has not acquired the energy to undergo the transformation without penalty.
Despite all this, and his fear of the wolf consuming him from the inside, he shares the fantasy of all werewolves who embrace their new selves: simply giving in to what he is, and becoming the wolf of his own will for the rest of his days.

History:
Character Biography
He cannot recall his past as of the start of the RP.

Zakhar was exposed to the lycanthropic curse early in his childhood, when he was abducted by a werewolf in St. Augustine. Though the crime was random, his family more than had the means to respond quickly, and he was recovered mostly unharmed. Still, he had already acquired the curse by the time he was recovered. Why, or who, cursed the young child is still a mystery. As such, he had a much longer time to develop an understanding of his condition through adolescence and into adulthood.

His family has a long and storied history with the Medellin Drug Cartels, and his father was an enforcer for Griselda Blanco in Miami in the 1980’s. Before she was deported back to Colombia and during her imprisonment in the United States, on the assumption that his father had cooperated with federal forces, had his father and mother killed in the late 1990’s.

Despite his parent’s urgings for him to follow them into either end of the criminal world, with his father’s ties to Columbia and his mother’s heritage in gun running soviet weapons out of Eastern Africa, Zakhar always was much more interested in his making his own name for himself in the underworld. He signed on as an enforcer for the a gang that moved black-market drugs, weapons, and artifacts out of Algeria through mainly French ties. As a result, the gang’s bosses took to calling him “Le Loup” for obvious reasons. For a while, he prospered.

After the death of his parents at such a young age, though, many of his parents contacts often extended invitations to him knowing his skillset and heritage. Though most were unaware of his lycanthropy, he was reluctant to accept competing offers until his boss, the ever elusive “Mr. D” suggested, through a courier, that he move to Vegas to enforce some for the mafia in some of their casinos. The gang would take a cut, and he would essentially be a mercenary for hire with “Mr. D” as his agent of sorts. As such, he spent plenty of time in Vegas until it became apparent that he tended not to break the hands of his marks so much as rend them limb from limb, which was bad for business. As such, he moved to Miami and went about purposefully working for competitors to the Medellin Cartels. After drawing too much of their ire, “Mr. D” graciously sent Zakhar to France for a while to let the heat die down.

He spent the time enjoying life a bit more, and meeting a certain American vixen who ran a small airport, and formed a fast friendship. In the meantime, he used his time to learn more about his condition.

BEWARE HE WHO WOULD RECRUIT YOU
THE MAP IS READY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:47 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

Ah, here's the RP thread proper:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5213

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:38 pm 

So do we start or are we going to wait for a more members?

γνῶθι σεαυτόν.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:58 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

We could get rolling and see if it garners more interest as we start.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:32 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

Hey, sorry to double; Just finished class for the semester so I'm going to get at a post tonightish!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:37 pm 

Owner

Yeah. I am working on a post for this tonight as well as swordman. Was going to do it this morning but some stuff happened which threw me off. Sorry for holding stuff up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:50 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

Who's workin' to post next?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:55 pm 

Owner

Got a partial post written up in ms word. Sorry this is taking so long. I really hate when I hold things up.