All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Medieval thing OOC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:14 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

All right, bear with me here, as it has been ages since I last did something even vaguely similar to this kind of story.
I'm going for medieval fantasy, so we will have the following races and classes:

Races: Humans (free for all), Elves (free for all), Halflings (free for all), Dwarfs (free for all), Gnomes (free for all), Hybrids of humans and elves (free for all). For other races, check with me and I'll look a it at a case by case basis.

Classes: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Warrior, Wizard, Paladin, Ranger, Thief (no multiclassing, please)

Alignments allowed: Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, Neutral Good, True Neutral, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral.

General plot: our characters will start in the usual tavern (either as strangers or already acquainted - the latter would be cooler for me), when a messenger comes inside asking for a group of adventurers willing to take on a mission for the King. The mission will be kept hidden from the characters until they follow the messenger.

Character creation rules: Each player can have up to 2 characters at this point. More can be opened in the future, but this is it for now. Races, classes and alignments are the listed above. Should you want anything different, please check with me first.

The plan is for this to be a long term plot, so keep that in mind when creating your characters, as they should all be beginner level characters. Apart from characters who use magic, none of the characters should have magic items available. They will have the chance to find some during their quest, though, and can choose to keep them and add them to their item list.

NPCs:
The messenger
The King
(more will be added as the story unfolds, so keep an eye out for this)

Template for character sheet:

| +
Character image (any kind of image, except for anime depictions):
Character name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:

Equipment: (up to 3 pieces of equipment for the beginning, check with me if you have questions)

Skills: (any skills your character has acquired through learning or training - check with me if you're unsure about anything)

Personality (paragraph form, just a quick blurb on your character's personality):

Backstory (optional, but encouraged. It can be in paragraph or list form, marking the most relevant events from your character's life):

Relevant in-game events (finding some item, getting injured, anything that can affect your character's development):

Note: If you plan on creating more than one character, please do put each character on a different post, as to make linking and following the changes in character sheets easier. Thank you.

Anyone who wants is free to post their character sheets, I shall post mine tomorrow, as it's pretty late here already!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Medieval thing OOC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:02 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

Medals: 3
Hero of the Month (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Character image:
| +

Character name: Asher Allnill
Race: Halfling
Class: Bard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Equipment: Short bow(20 arrows in quiver), Sawtoothed Dagger, and Buckler shield.

Skills:
Proficient: Performing (Mainly singing, but dances, does storytelling, and acts as well. Currently in the process of looking for an instrument to play.), Stealth (super sneaky, people tend to not look down), Bluffing, and Survival (fire starting, hunting, the basics).
Beginning: Knowledge (Geography aka map reading). Linguistics (Currently fluent in Common and Halfling, Semi-fluent in Elvish and Dwarfish), Disguise, Diplomacy, Intimidation, Asher also knows a little bardic magic, mostly practical spells and things used to prank others.

Personality: Cunning, charismatic, and wiser than they let on, Asher seems like a lovable ditz to those who do not know them. Using their small stature to their advantage, whether to trick others into thinking they are a human or elven child in sticky situations by seeming meek and helpless, gain good favor of those too trusting of those who seem weak, or catch people off guard and go for low blows, Asher is a strong opportunist when things go wrong. Though despite the initial ditzy act they are kind and caring to those who get past the rouse and become friends with them for who they are. Being who they are, Asher does what they please when they please they are a trickster and tends to diverge from any set plan unless they fully trust those they work with. Asher is only truly tied to their devotion to the good people of the troupe who have saved and raised them, but even then they are a free spirit and are unpredictable at times. Though they are generally neutral they tend to favor the side of the good more than the side of evil, but this does not mean they are not susceptible to doing bad deeds every once in a blue moon. Asher is generally kind and free spirited to those who show them kindness in turn, but for those who do Asher injustice, beware, they can be quite merciless.

Backstory: Asher Allnill does not remember any of their past before the age of five besides their first name. Found near death on the side of a deserted road with many serious wounds, most noticeably a crescent-shaped burn on the side of their face, the child was nursed back to health and taken in by the Joyful Rayne traveling troupe. When the troupe could not find the child's rightful home, the kind people there became the only family Asher has ever known. Asher loved the life of performing in a traveling troupe, just living off the charity of others and when unable to do that, lived off their own skill and the great bounties of the land. Though they know not of their past they do not care to search for it and instead looks towards the future, earning the surname Allnill to be representative of their lost past and bright, expansive future. Due to the great opportunity of living and working with a traveling troupe, Asher learned numerous skills from their time with the Joyful Rayne troupe and is thus adapted to any environment they are put in. Though Asher is female by birth they would rather not be judged for what they are but by what they can do thus preferring gender neutral pronouns.
Xander Rayne, leader of the Joyful Rayne traveling troupe had gone missing during a raiding ambush while traveling to the current town/city. The troupe in distraught and disarray without him has sent a few of their members in search of him and any whereabouts, many fear for the worst. Asher has not lost hope yet and is doing the best they can to glean any information from the towns folk and local bars and taverns. About two days later a ransom note appeared tacked to the side of the troupe's caravan, pinned by an odd dagger, asking for a ridiculous sum of money, money the troupe does not have, due in about two weeks time. Changing gears, Asher is lurking in taverns and bars yet again, but this time in search of an opportunity to get cash and fast.

Relevant in-game events:(To be added as game goes on)

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

Last edited by Zana820 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:31 am 

Sort of back.

Hey, there!
Everything is cool but the last part and skills! That on the last part is on me, I should have explained better, that this is for the stuff that happens after the roleplay starts! As for the skills, I would like to see them a bit more on the beginner character side! Let me know if you want to discuss what can be changed there so we have a balanced character!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Shades wrote:
Hey, there!
Everything is cool but the last part and skills! That on the last part is on me, I should have explained better, that this is for the stuff that happens after the roleplay starts! As for the skills, I would like to see them a bit more on the beginner character side! Let me know if you want to discuss what can be changed there so we have a balanced character!

Okay, so just move everything from Relavent In-Game events to Backstory?

As for the Skills I feel as though it makes sense for my characters lifestyle, Some of the more base stuff such as Diplomacy, Bluffing, Stealth, Intimidation, and Bardic Magic are inate traits they possess, or things that anyone can do that should be fine. As for Performing, Lingustics, Disguise, Map-reading, and Survival, those are things they learned as a part of their lifestyle. Performing is a no brainer for being a bard, Linguistics comes from Storytelling, can't tell a story to people unless you know at least some of their language, Disguise is a part of acting (not saying they can immediatly blend in and look like a courtesan or a prince, but they can at least apply make-up and change some facial features), Map reading/ Knowledge (Geography) comes from years of travel, and Survival has the same idea behind it as Map reading— traveling is dangerous, know what you are doing. The only skill that I could say that might be a tad unlikely would be Bow Making, which is a skill I'd love them to have if not now, at a later point. If anything I could clarify the level at which they are proficent in the skill to make things more beginner level. If there are things that you still would like to be removed though I have no problem with compromise. :)

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:02 pm 

Sort of back.

Zana820 wrote:
Okay, so just move everything from Relavent In-Game events to Backstory?

As for the Skills I feel as though it makes sense for my characters lifestyle, Some of the more base stuff such as Diplomacy, Bluffing, Stealth, Intimidation, and Bardic Magic are inate traits they possess, or things that anyone can do that should be fine. As for Performing, Lingustics, Disguise, Map-reading, and Survival, those are things they learned as a part of their lifestyle. Performing is a no brainer for being a bard, Linguistics comes from Storytelling, can't tell a story to people unless you know at least some of their language, Disguise is a part of acting (not saying they can immediatly blend in and look like a courtesan or a prince, but they can at least apply make-up and change some facial features), Map reading/ Knowledge (Geography) comes from years of travel, and Survival has the same idea behind it as Map reading— traveling is dangerous, know what you are doing. The only skill that I could say that might be a tad unlikely would be Bow Making, which is a skill I'd love them to have if not now, at a later point. If anything I could clarify the level at which they are proficent in the skill to make things more beginner level. If there are things that you still would like to be removed though I have no problem with compromise. :)

Yup, the in-game events would move to backstory.

And if you can leave bow-making to be learned later on, that would be cool. As for the other skills, a beginner level specification for most of them (you can pick a few, about 3 or 4, in which he's more proficient, if you'd like) would make the character much more realistic for the type of set up we're going for!

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:09 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Can do! Thank you for the clarification. ^-^

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:22 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

The skills section has been edited. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:02 pm 

Sort of back.

Looks good, thanks! =)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:29 am 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

edit again:

Actually, might as well check on this since I get two characters.

Would a half-orc perchance be acceptable?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:05 pm 

Sort of back.

Sorry, I hadn't seen it up until now. Sure, feel free to make it. As long as the character is not evil, it's cool.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:40 pm 

Sort of back.

Character image:
Attachment:
female-warrior.jpg
female-warrior.jpg [ 43.56 KiB | Viewed 12370 times ]

Character name: Jasmine (surname undisclosed)
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Alignment: Lawful Good

Equipment: A double edged sword, a dagger and a round shield.

Skills: Fighting with swords and daggers (experienced), blacksmith - craft (basic), reading and writing (experienced), first aid (intermediate).

Personality:
Jasmine is pretty kept to herself. She is relatively polite, and has a good nature, but is not too open about speaking about her past life. Her present will be an open book to her new companions, but other than that, she will be pretty unwilling to share facts about herself. Apart from this somewhat mysterious demeanor, Jasmine is a giver. She is always willing to share food, time and services she can provide with her friends or fellow party members, and also to protect them if they seem to be more vulnerable than she is at any given time.

Backstory: (Note: Most of this is unknown to her fellow party members) Jasmine was born into the royal family, and raised to be a traditional princess for the first years of her life. She was taught how to read, write, tend to wounds, and was moving on to the skill set she needed to run a household when her brother was killed in circumstances nobody outside the royal family really knows. Whatever happened during that time made the girl so disgusted that she cut all ties to her family, changed her name and left the royal palace to live within the royal guard's quarters. In there, she took on the leader of the guard as a new father figure, and learned all she needed to be a member of the guard. While the royal guard knows who she is, they are bound by orders of the King not to treat her like a member of the royal family. Recently, Jasmine left the guard and moved out of the royal grounds, looking to make a new name for herself through deeds, and not through bloodline.

Relevant in-game events:
None yet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 pm 

Sort of back.

Sorry I ended up taking a tad longer, things ended up getting busier than I expected and I could only post my character now!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:04 am 

Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

I'm almost done my character, but I want to ask. Would a language like Norse be ok to add? I'm trying to make my character like a Viking. :p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 pm 

Sort of back.

I didn't really think of a place for this world, but I'm assuming English as a main language, just to keep everyone on the same page. It can be his original/second language, though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:43 am 

Sort of back.

I'm sorry, due to some personal circumstances I couldn't have foreseen, I'll have to drop this. I really apologize, and if someone wants to take over, I'm cool with it. Sorry, everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:37 am 

Hm. Well if Goat and Zana are still interested, I can take over.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:05 am 

Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

I'm still interested, almost done my character in fact :p

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:45 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Still interested in playing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:27 am 

I'll post a character by tomorrow.

Feel free to suggest stuff... I have no idea what Shades had planned so I'll have to make up a story from scratch from here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:35 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

If you need I can make an extra character. If you need any suggestions for a campaign feel free to ask me, I can suggest a few.