All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:03 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

General Plot: As said in the Interest Check, it will have a bit of an X-men vibe, but instead of a school, we'll have a Big Brother style house, with cameras everywhere and all that jazz. And everyone in the house has some kind of superpower they have yet to learn to control.

General information about the roleplay:

We are going to have a posting order just to keep us in track as to who is supposed to post next. Yet, we are not having a posting limit time. Every writer can post whenever they have the time, and I just ask that everyone tells me in case they need to be skipped at any given round.

Character creation information:

1- Character ages should be between 16 and 25, though if they are under 18, they will need to include in their backstory how they got permission to go into a reality show-like project. Characters over 18 can simply sign themselves up for it.
2- Each character should only have one special power, and none of the characters has mastered theirs yet, so they can and will screw up at times.
3- While you can't use a canon character from any medium, you are free to take inspiration from any character for superpowers.
4- Remember characters are supposed to interact with each other, so no characters that won't speak to anyone, and obviously no villains, as it wouldn't make sense for a character with the potential to go around killing others to be accepted.

If you need any help with character creation, let me know!

Character list will be posted here:
Andrea "Andy" Allen, aka Sonic - Shades
Cloud Auron Sherman, aka Wizmo - Malikai
August Munroe, aka Aurora - Cotton
Gloria Valdez, aka Delta - Missmusiclover
Nicolás (Nick) Daniel Do, aka Nick - Ben
Daniel Carver, aka Seer - GothicGnome
Raymond Marcus Alexander Winston, aka Phase - Eferhilda
Charlotte (Charlie) Cameron Reid, aka Char - Poise&Poison
Goomie (Goo), aka Slick - OddlyEverAfter
Ramona Crescent, aka Squadron - Ace Arion
Dovan Firezzi, aka Blur - TheIrishGoat
Seth Hunter, aka Blaster - Ordo

Posting order: Shades - Cotton - Poise&Poison - Missmusiclover - Ben - Eferhilda - OddlyEverAfter - Ace Arion - TheIrishGoat - Ordo

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:11 pm 

Sort of back.

Character sheet template

Name assigned at birth:
Nickname (should have something to do with their superpower):
Personality:
Superpower:
Have they had it from birth or has it come from some other source?
Brief character bio:

Bonus round for your character to answer in their voice:

Smile for the camera and talk to us about yourself and about why you are here with us. Go!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:38 pm 

Sort of back.

Name assigned at birth: Andrea "Andy" Allen

Nickname: Sonic

Physical description: Andrea is on the shorter side, standing at about 5 feet, give or take, and average weight for her height - but she will never divulge an actual figure. Her skin is fair, and her hair is artificially blue - which has made the nickname Sonic stick even more. She is always dressed casually, and due to her power's clothes-ruining potential, Andy will never wear anything more expensive than jeans or yoga pants and T-shirts or sleeveless blouses.

Personality: Andy is very kept to herself, and at the same time, has the tendency to be a caregiver. As soon as she gets to the house, the girl will probably try to stay out of everyone's way, but at the same time, she will welcome interaction and take on the role of chore-doer should nobody else do, as it keeps her busy and useful. She will be naturally drawn to anyone who is injured or sick, but will probably wander off once she has done her job, as she doesn't want to be seen as getting too close to her house mates.

Superpower: Growing spikes out of her skin whenever she feels threatened, launching them off (she is still perfecting this second part, and can't really control when the spikes pop out).

Have they had it from birth or has it come from some other source? As far as she knows, Andy has had the ability from birth, but it has manifested only a few weeks ago, and she is still trying to navigate this new world in which she can accidentally hurt people just by getting startled.

Brief character bio: Andrea was born into a completely ordinary family, at least in her opinion. Her father is a Chemistry teacher and works with some experiences in a lab in the family's basement area, but has never done anything other than work with the chemicals he teaches his students about, as far as his family knows. Andy's mother stays home with the kids, as the family has some money from Mr. Allen's inheritance and don't need both parents working to keep afloat. Andrea's older brother, Michael, is the one person she loves above all, because he understands her. Or at least he used to, up until everything went wrong.

Michael, being three years older than his sister, was already in college, and the two siblings would only have time together during breaks, as Andy didn't have a car yet. It was during one of these breaks that things changed. Being each other's only sibling, Andy and Mike had always been very physical when it came to playing, and roughhousing wasn't anything unheard of. And that was exactly what they were doing on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

While Andy was downstairs doing laundry, Mike came up behind his sister and lifted her off, tossing her over her shoulder - nothing out of the ordinary. As usual, Andy screamed and laughed. What wasn't ordinary was that Michael screamed as well - in pain. That was when Andy noticed that someone was bleeding. And it wasn't her blood. It took Mike a while to push his sister off him, as her spikes had dug into his skin. The two siblings stood in there staring at each other in horror for a few seconds, before Andrea took a few steps back and dashed upstairs, before Michael could say something. She couldn't bear to think that he could call her a monster or a freak, so she ran out of the house, not taking anything with her other than the bloodstained clothes she was wearing.

The next two days were spent basically hiding from anyone, and Andy would probably have resigned to live in the streets if she hadn't gotten hungry and cold enough to look for shelter. It was there, in an unassuming public shelter for runaway youth, that she met a man who, she didn't really know how, had managed to get her to tell him her whole story. Before she even knew, the man was offering her a place to stay - a place where she would be welcome.

Smile for the camera and talk to us about yourself and about why you are here with us. Go!

"Really? Okay, fine. Is this thing on?". After getting the confirmation that the camera was on, Andrea showed an awkward smile.

"Hello. I'm Andrea, but you can call me Sonic, I don't mind. I'm here to... umm... be a part of the team these nice people are gathering to live in this house and learn how to deal with our abilities. I don't really know what to say, but I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Thanks for listening, I guess. Have a nice day, everyone".

After speaking to the camera, the girl sighed in relief when it was shut off. "I hate cameras", she murmured, before standing up from the chair in front of the camera and leaving the room.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:24 pm 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So, he's 17. He hacked the records using his power over tech.

Name assigned at birth: Cloud Auron Sherman

Nickname (should have something to do with their superpower): Wizmo

Physical description: Wizmo is a tall and lanky youth with an air of arrogant smarm wafting off of him. His eyes glow an eerie blue due to the nano bots inside him. He often has his hair died different colors. He wears thick horn-rimmed glasses despite having nano bot enhanced vision. He wears a lot of jewellery, specifically religious symbols, even ones that he doesn't worship.

Personality: Apathetic, snarky, and just crude all over; Cloud is quite the stereotypical socially awkward goth teen. Just don't tell him that or he'll throw a hissy fit about how he strives to be an individual. He loves to rebel for the sake of rebelling, truly living up to the phrase "A rebel without a cause". He loves to argue, even when he knows that he's wrong

Superpower: Tech Genious, Mental control over technology, Crushing it

Have they had it from birth or has it come from some other source? Whilst walking through his hometown of Fort Flounder, Florida at the age of 14, a massive portal opened up on the side of the road. Out from this doorway to another dimension came a large pink robot with the words "Dimension Express" embossed upon the iridescent surface. Cloud looked on in terror and awe as the robot scanned the surroundings and said "Are you the guy?" in an oddly raspy human voice.

"Uhhhhmm," Cloud said with utter and obvious certainty, "Yeah?"

The robot smiled, yup, and said "Awesome!". He then proceeded to inject a hive of super magical tech wizard nano bots directly into his brain. After that, his powers developed at an immense rate and he's been struggling to get them under control since. Ever since the "Hail Wizmo!" incident, it just hasn't been as funny…

Side note: He was born crushing it.

Brief character bio: Cloud Auron, as his name would suggest, was born to a couple of hipster goth kids in their junior year of high school. Raising their boy on a steady diet of anime and meems; Cloud is the poster child of "that deuche on Reddit". As soon as he was able his parents taught him to use a computer and made him an account on 4chan. They were clearly not wise parents.

Transcription of interview type 3: Could Auron Sherman AKA Wizmo.

Hey guys, what's crackin'! I'm Cloud Auron Sherman, and for real breh, you have to put me in that house. Look man, I can control robots right? But, what do you think happens when I can't control the fact that I can control robots?! Weird nazi robots that try to kill my neighbors cat. That's right, I caught them organizing a camp called Meowshwitz. Also, not my fault, I had history homework to do, and I got my flashdrives mixed up. It was just a big mess.

Normally, I don't go for shows like this because of all the corporate *expletive deleted*, but I had to make an exception for this one. Don't get me wrong, I totally know that your executive drones are going to be there to try and make everything picture perfect and politically *expletive deleted* correct, but you know what? *expletive deleted* that! *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted*… Hmmm… I can just edit that out later. *expletive deleted*, I hope I don't forget.

I'm a real people person. I really like to think I'm good at seeing right to the heart of a person, right into their deepest fears. You know, I just can't help it if people weren't so, not stupid, but… Dumb. Yeah, dumb.

---Fanciful quotes not included above---

The government isn't even real. Just like money, or love.

I won't say it's the Illuminati, it's something darker.

I don't need to do drugs, I just can't always stop.

Sometimes, I feel just like Tupac Shakur.

I learned most of my social skills from 4chan. *expletive deleted* you.

Look, I don't think I'm above anybody. Why is it my fault if they're just sort of… Beloooow… Yeah, that still sounds the same.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:26 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Got dat character up!

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:30 pm 

Sort of back.

You may or may not have caused me to spit my drink. lol
I love him!

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:36 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Hell to the yeah, let's get this party started! Will be putting my character sheet here.

Name assigned at birth: August Munroe

Nickname: Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty)

Physical description: August is a long-legged, small-chested girl with a thin build, standing roughly 5'10". She has tousled wavy hair in a bob style, reaching her shoulders. Its colour is ash in the roots, quickly turning blonde. Sometimes, she pulls the top layer of hair back for a half-ponytail effect. Her eyebrows match the colour of her roots, and are curved and rounded, matching the soft and circular appearance of her face. August has a straight-edged nose and small but full lips, her favourite lipstick colours being red, a slight magenta shade, and a rose-beige nude. Her green eyes are wide and slightly down-turned, with either false eyelashes or lash-boosting mascara. August is rarely without a full face of makeup, including lipstick, blush, and foundation matching her porcelain, cool coloured skin. Overall, with makeup, August is highly attractive. Without it, she is plain to attractive, depending on the viewer.

Due to her training as a model, August walks straight-backed and proper, and avoids bad habits such as biting her nails and fidgeting.
Very fashion-focused when around people, August likes to wear pastels in the summer and natural colours and blues in the winter. Her outfits often include floral patterns, with fit-and-flare dresses, skirts, open cardigans, jean and white lace shorts, statement necklaces, leggings, bright coloured belts, and flowing tops (pretty much think Pinterest). When by herself, August tends to revert to her baggy gray hoodie and leggings, but still doesn't lack makeup.

There is a birthmark shaped like a heart on August's right ankle, and she has several freckles over her body.

Personality: It's easy to see that August enjoys attention, fame, and excess. In general, August likes having stuff, whether it be clothes, technology, accessories, or cosmetics. She has never lacked much in her life, except certain foods she hasn't been allowed to eat. She tries her best to be known by everyone she meets, and become a friend. Or, at least, have the person think she's nice. August is a natural born people-pleaser, especially in the case of her mother, who often dictates August's actions. August is rarely able to distinguish between being taken advantage of and being asked for a favour, and will do most that's asked of her, with the exception of manual labour and cleaning, which she will refuse to do unless incentivized or coerced. August can be tricked into believing a lot of things, not often taking the time to check facts. Because of this August easily appears dumb and materialistic. She can be described as ignorant in the sense that she doesn't understand other people's struggles because she hasn't thought that they would have them, having so much in her own life. August has a rich and creative imagination, and can say rather random and outlandish things when she is in an environment she feels comfortable in.

August loves social media, from Tumblr, Facebook to Snapchat, she has it all and can't stand not being connected to it. Instagram is, of course, the most important of them to her. She's also always up for gossip.

Superpower: Astral projection. August is able to separate her 'soul' or 'aura' from her body and project it where she wishes. To do so, August needs to be in a resting or meditative state, and can't move her physical body until she returns, her body acting like in a deep, unbreakable sleep (hence Aurora). In her aura form, August can be visible or invisible, and has the ability to hold and touch objects or go through them. Neither of these factors are currently controllable.

Have they had it from birth or has it come from some other source: From birth.

Brief character bio: Raised by a single mother alongside her twin brother Parker, August lived a structured, planned life from the beginning. Her mother, a CEO for a large corporation, wanted the best for her children. As they grew up, Parker appeared to have the talent for music, while August had a pretty face and not much else. She became a child model for different products and brands, learning about the model industry and doing jobs after school hours. August loved the attention and feeling pretty, but she didn't feel like she had the connection with people that she wanted.

August used her power often as a baby, though it faded as she began to grow through the toddler phase. Her memorable account was when she was 10, dozing off after a photoshoot. Having always wanted to go to Paris, August pictured herself there and suddenly found herself in front of the Eiffel tower, people passing through her like she was made of mist. She had several more of these events occur, but simply assumed that they were vivid dreams.

It was at 13 that August discovered Instagram, and thought that it was the perfect platform for her to still model to please her mother, and do what she loved, which was having and connecting with a fanbase and people who care about her. At current she has 700,000 followers.

August's ability was truly confirmed several months ago when Parker went missing. On the third day of his absence, August imagined being with him again, and was suddenly in a motel room, her brother sleeping on the bed. August woke her brother and demanded that he would explain himself. The more rebellious of the two, he had decided that he had had enough of his mother dictating his life and left. Using a mixture of logic and guilt, August convinced him to return home.

August assumed it had been a stress dream until Parker showed up at the door a day later. This time, it was him demanding answers on how she had found him. August explained her 'dreams' from childhood on to her brother and mother, and began testing the ability.
It was August's mother who signed her up for the show, insisting it would be good publicity for her modelling career. Reluctantly, August agreed.

August gave a photogenic, model-perfect smile before speaking.
"Hi guys! My name's August Munroe, unfortunately no relation to Marilyn." She gave a wistful laugh. "I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody at the house. It's like, a big long slumber-party, huh? Anyway, a few things about me! My favourite colour is pink, of course, I have a Boston terrier named Charlotte, and I absolutely adore Alessia Cara. Oh! And follow me on Insta, @August_Dreams! Bye bye!" August's bracelets jangled as she gave a wink and a cheery peace sign. She paused for a few beats before looking to the cameraman and sliding off the chair. "All done?"

Last edited by Cotton on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:21 pm 

Name assigned at birth: Gloria Valdez
Nickname (should have something to do with their superpower): Delta
Physical description: Delta is short, a legal midget perhaps standing just under 5' tall. She weighs the average, though she'll never tell due to her self consciousness about her height. Her thick dark colored hair is unnaturally colored to a dark blue that looks nearly black. It is long and curly, but in that kind of way that people are jealous of, not in the puffy annoying way. She has dark eyes that appear to be solid black and can be intimidating to look at
Personality: Delta has the personality of an ocean, she definitely owns her emotions and lets the tides roll. If she is sad, she will be full blown sad, if she's angry..same goes. She is very much a leader and detests being ignored due to her size.
Superpower: Delta is a hydrokinetic, meaning she can mentally manipulate water, including purification, the creation or calming of storms, and has complete control of waterspouts...though she has little control and has been known to accidentally create storms when she gets to involved in an emotion. She also occasionally breaks water pipes, or messes up water circulation throughout the house.
Have they had it from birth or has it come from some other source? She's had a special connection with water her entire life, though she was unaware of her powers until the night of her 21st birthday where she got so angry at her then boyfriend that she created a storm that destroyed an entire town.
Brief character bio: Gloria has always been a force to be reckoned with, her mother died when her and her four siblings were very young and Gloria struggled with bipolar disorder much of her life due to the trauma. Her father used to joker that Gloria could take out a whole town with her anger. Little did he know that eventually, she would do just that. After that night, Gloria left town and ended up here on this reality show with a promise of someone to help her control these newfound powers.

*Glares up at the camera man* "I'm down here sir!" *waits for them to adjust* "Well, I guess I am here because I killed an entire town of people and there is no way I'll be going home without pulling my s*** together

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:13 am 

Sort of back.

Both characters added to the list.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:44 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

So Aurora totally loves Wizmo, she just doesn't know it yet. lololololol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:46 am 

Sort of back.

Nobody loves Wizmo! lolololol

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:01 am 

You never know xD Aurora is basically like the "other side" of the internet. From the same but totally different worlds. If he tries to charm her with dank memes I'm afraid she won't understand.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:05 am 

Sort of back.

I bet she'll love Andy's willingness to do all of the chores. lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:11 am 

Very much so. Are we starting the roleplay right from them all meeting each other for the first time?
Also, if anyone joining would be interested, perhaps you could pick up Parker as a character? I just think it would be fun to play the sibling/twin dynamic in the house. Feel free to overhaul anything I might have mentioned in August's bio including name, if you're up for it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:13 am 

Sort of back.

Definitely starting in their first meeting, and if anyone else joins up later, we'll fit them into the story as a late comer. =)
Also, I just noticed I gave AAA as Andy's initials, counting the nickname. She'll be extremely bummed if someone refers to her as a battery.
...just saying, for no reason in particular.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:15 am 

lol that's definitely something August would notice. Not that she can talk, being named after a month she wasn't even born in xD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:18 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Both things Wizmo would notice lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:19 am 

Sort of back.

And obviously make a point of commenting on lol

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:20 am 

Like Cloud's a great name either. All of our characters' parents were massive trolls.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:21 am 

Sort of back.

They totally were, that's probably why their kids turned out weirdos. lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next