All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:16 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Plot: The year is 2116.

We have finally conquered space travel in a way that's safe and comfortable. Humanity has been travelling back and forth from several planets and mapping out our galaxy. Now, we are taking the next step - colonization.

With all the progress humanity has made, they haven't learned how to preserve their own planet. So, when a sister planet to Earth was found, the first thing everyone thought about was: let's take over.

It had breathable air, water, and a similar surface. And it seemed to be completely empty of other life forms that could pose a threat.

That's when the plan went wrong. The planet was not empty at all. There was already a previous group living there. And humanity was not welcome.

The idea for characters is to have a crew, sponsored by the government, that will take our characters to the new planet and leave them there with whatever they need to start a new life there. The crew will be NPC's, since they will be there only to take our characters to the new planet and dump them there. Our characters will be a first test group, picked out between criminals the government had in its power. Since nobody would really miss them should they not come back, the government has sent them with the mission of starting the first human colony.

Notes: The characters can be any kind of non-violent criminals, as it would obviously make no sense to send a group with a murderer on board. We will have a posting order, to be established as we start posting, but pace will be basically post when you can, and I only ask that people let me know if for some reason they need to be skipped at a specific round.

Character sheet template:

Name:
Alias, if any:
Appearance (description, can be as simple or as detailed as you wish):
What are they in for? (remember, no violent criminals - your character may have committed a murder, but it should be for a good reason other than they being generally violent)
Personality:
Skills:
Brief bio:
Misc (anything I haven't included previously that you would like to add):

Character list:
Mary Ann Dallas - The Dealer
Griffon Savage - Ducken

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:16 pm 

Sort of back.

Name: Mary Ann Dallas (unclear whether or not the name is real)

Alias, if any: The Dealer

Appearance: Mary Ann stands at about 5'6", with a lean built, and has a fair, tattoo-covered skin. Her hair is dyed purple, and she often wears dark wash jeans and tattered shirts, usually in either white or black.

What are they in for? Conning people out of their money, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit items off as the real deal.
Personality: It's hard to define Mary Ann's personality. On the surface, she is a perfectly polite and kind young woman, the kind of girl you would think had been raised by a fine family. Her true self, though, wasn't nearly as nice as she seemed to be. Unless someone is interesting in any way - either as a potential victim or someone she can con out of some item she can later sell -, Mary Ann is just not interested.

Skills: Sweet-talking; counterfeiting almost any possible item to look exactly like the real thing; conning people out of money, items or secrets; cooking and sewing (skills acquired as she has needed to fend for herself from an early age).

Brief bio: Mary Ann was born to what could be called a single mother, if not for the fact that the woman wasn't a mother at all. Not the woman was abusive. Luckily for Mary Ann, her mother didn't care enough to even notice whatever she was doing. She was too busy going out and doing her own thing, leaving her daughter to her own devices. For a while, it was complicated, as Mary Ann was too young to fend for herself. As she became older, though, those long lonely hours became precious hours of freedom. Once the girl learned how to cook something to keep herself fed and sew, she had all she needed, and her mother became simply some random presence she ignored most of the time.

When she was not keeping herself alive, Mary Ann started practicing her sweet talking. She would convince some older person that she was lost and steal their money - leaving their wallet behind. She would convince them to give her something and sell it for a profit. With some more training - the streets were a good place for that -, she started learning to basically mimicking any valuable items into something that didn't work, but people never reported her anyway, as they bought her stuff thinking they were buying stolen goods.

Mary Ann kept on doing their deals without being disturbed, and could have done so for the rest of her days, if she hadn't tried to con the wrong person. Despite her "customer" being into the underworld, he was the son of a police officer, and when he found out he had been deceived, the guy ratted her out to his daddy. That was the end of Mary's lucrative business.

She was arrested for her antics, and kept into a low-security prison, as she wasn't violent, despite not caring much or at all about others. The girl was supposed to serve a ten year sentence and then be released and have an eye kept on her, but then the Colonization project came along. As she was one of the few non-violent female prisoners and her health was in great shape - along with her basic skills -, Mary Ann was chosen to be a part of the project and help people keep alive.

Misc: Mary Ann is not aggressive or violent, but she will refuse to do anything unless there is some advantage involved. She is also not interested at all in the reproduction aspect that scientists thought it might be a part of the project - not that anyone has asked her in advance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostThis post was deleted by Shades on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:27 pm.
Reason: Inappropriate content.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:46 pm 

Sort of back.

(Short version: no. Long version: I'll PM you tomorrow about him)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:52 pm 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Name: Griffon Savage

Alias, if any: "Ducken"

Appearance: Standing at 5'6 while also wielding the shoulders of a line backer, Griffon is as short and stocky as they can get. His naturally strong demeanour lends great to his ability to work with heavy machinery when building whatever piece of technology he might be working on. It also assists greatly when it comes time to scrap. He's green eyed with short, scruffy chocolate brown hair and a naturally tan complexion. He has a few tattoos(I'll decide as it fancies me) and a piercing in his left ear.

What are they in for?:
---Breaking and Entering… A lot.
---Larceny… A lot.
---Grand Larceny… A lot.
---Grand Theft Auto
---Assault
---Assault with a Deadly Weapon
---Intent of Fencing Stolen Goods… A lot.
---Fencing Stolen Goods… A lot lot.
---Possession of Illegal/Unlicensed Equipment
---Possession of Illegal/Unlicensed Chemicals
---Failing to Properly Contain Dangerous Chemicals
---Public Drunkenness
---Public Ludeness
---Disturbing the Peace
---Alleged Attempted Murder(Not proven. Evidence was all circumstantial and Griffon, as well as other witnesses, claimed self-defense. The other guy was in a coma, and therefore never got to share his side of the story. Some would say "his loss.. That's absolutely horrible, but they'd say it)

Personality: "If they're friends, they're family. If they're enemies, they're dust." This is a phrase that Griffon Savage had been raised on since birth. With both parents being entangled with organized crime, the harsher lessons of trust were learned early on. He ran the streets with a small street gang that ended up giving Griffon some notoriety. He found himself particularly skilled with technology of all kinds; most notably the locks on big, expensive doors built to keep people out. This fascination drew out his true talent; Griffon's uncanny ability to mentally adapt to nearly all situations. Within a few seconds, no matter the pressure thrown upon him, he can find solutions to a problem. Be it This virtue also gives him an odd sense of calm in stressful situations that many people either find comforting or entirely infuriating.

Skills: Great with building, repairing, and salvaging technology. Great creative/critical thinking skills. Decent in a nitty gritty street fight. Very strong. Very good under pressure.

Brief bio: Griffon grew up roaming the mean streets of Detroit, Michigan. After the economic recessions and industrial collapses that left the once thriving city in ruins, corporations began to invest in the potential they began to see in its rundown industrial districts. The once slums became a metropolis. Between the newly erected skyscrapers, down nestled between in alleys and backstreets, was a thriving community built on, and amply profited from, crime. Crime syndicates began to spring up and eventually consumed the corporate world making a much more dangerous industry.

A young boy thrust into the middle of all this, Griffon took heed from his parents. The world was dangerous and you needed to learn how to get by on your own, without relying on some government pay check. At such a young age, he had virtually no choice but to follow his parents advice. His criminal life seemed blessed with good fortune right up until he was 28. During a job assigned to him from the family things went wrong. To this day he still isn't sure on the details, but one second he was cracking a mid-level security system and the next he was on the ground and cuffed. He often suspects his family of some kind of betrayal, but that just doesn't matter now. After spending 4 years in a Detroit Privatized Maximum Security facility, he jumped at the chance for something different when he was chosen for the colonization mission. At least if he died out there, it wouldn't be dying here

Miscellaneous: The nickname "Ducken" was given to Griffon whilst in prison. During his second Christmas convicted, just after the suicide of a friend and fellow inmate, Griffon decided that he needed to bring some cheer to his cellblock. With weeks of planning and getting some equipment, Griffon managed to build a makeshift oven out of a dryer in order to make a turducken. He was caught, allowed to finish, and then promptly put in solitary confinement for 2 days after the dinner. It was worth it.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

Last edited by Malikai on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:54 pm 

Sort of back.

I can't wait to get access to him! Drop me a line if you have questions at some point!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:13 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Blog: View Blog (2)

I'll work on the redesigned version of Kestin tomorrow XD too lazy right now to do so

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:29 pm 

Sort of back.

No rush at all! I haven't even posted my own yet! Only have a vague idea of what she's gonna be like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Shades I just realized, Kestin is a superpowerless criminal version of the character I was gonna make for your X-Menish reality sitcom roleplay XD

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:40 pm 

Name: Kestin Goodman
Alias: Cowboy Kingpin
Appearance: 6'3, 190 lbs, Short blonde hair, cold blue eyes, tanned white skin, scars cover his body, has 'hillbillyish' teeth, muscular build, wears a cowboy hat and denim overalls with a white t shirt underneathe nothing else.
What Are They In For?: Multiple counts of Possession of Drugs With Intent to Distribute (Has about 100 counts of this with counts for EVERY TYPE OF DRUG), Illegal Running a Brewery, and 3 counts Murder
Personality: Sexist, Racist, and Stupid but Intelligent. Kestin has no respect for women whatsoever he believes they are good for two things: baby-making and child-raising. He like everyone in his family is a White Supremacist who believes if you aren't completely white you aren't worth ****. He doesn't know when to shut up when it comes to those things however this is about the only thing that makes him stupid as he is actually quite intelligent.
Skills: All Aspects of Farming, Good Marksman (Hunting), Master Mechanic (Can fix anything mechanical), Brewmaster (Can make excellent alcohol with the right materials), Master Drugmaker (Can make homemade painkillers and antibiotics as well as other things) Decent Hand To Hand
Brief Bio: Kestin was born in a small Louisiana town to a small but prominent Louisiana family. The youngest of 3 he was pampered and spoiled throughout his life. His mother taught him all about farming and his father taught him all about fixing things and hunting. He learned how to make alcohol from his eldest brother and how to make drugs from both of his older siblings. From the age of 14 he was dealing drugs to his fellow students at school and people on the street. He was smart about he did it so it took years for him to be caught. By the time he got caught he was rich from not only his drug empire but his alcohol brewing empire as well. He was given over a hundred drug-dealing charges as well as a charge for illegally running a brewery (since he technically didn't have a license to do so and also wasn't of age. He was sentenced to life in prison and spent 8 years in a maximum security prison before he was chosen by the government for a colonization mission.

Other: In the 8 years he was in prison he got in hundreds of fights over drugs and alcohol. In one of these fights he had to kill 3 fellow inmates out of self defense because they would have killed him if he hadn't.

(I hope this is better and acceptable? Lol I still want him to be hated so I kept the sexist and racist personality (Hopefully this is okay...)

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:50 pm 

Sort of back.

All right, approved.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:57 pm 

*sighs with relief* XD He is gonna be a useful person... which is why I wanted him to be hated because it would add some comedic relief as he is so terrible that the others want to kill him but they can't because in a way he is likely to be the person that keeps them fed and healthy.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:17 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Threw up a character sheet in the original post I made. Like, third down I think.

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:21 pm 

Sort of back.

Approved! I should have mine up over the weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:10 pm 

Can't wait to read about her!

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:45 pm 

Sort of back.

All right, my character is up, edited the first post with links for the currently approved characters.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:00 am 

CF's Resident Drunk

Medals: 2
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (1)

Still working on mine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:13 pm 

Sort of back.

Just dropping this line so whoever pops up knows I haven't forgotten about this, and that the idea is very much still alive.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:40 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

I'm still here and down! School has just been riding right up my ass, so no worries at all

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:57 pm 

CF's Resident Drunk

Medals: 2
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (1)

I am honestly not sure which character to build for this. Are there any necessary people that are not covered?