All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:39 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Plot:

Our story goes down in Hogwarts, 20 years after the last battle. That means new Headmaster, new teachers, new students. It’s a sandbox roleplay, centered around the rise of a new evil force in the wizarding world and the need to, once again, defend wizards and muggles alike.

Roleplay rules:

- Original characters only (if you have a previously created original, you can simply adjust it to the template I provide - this rule applies only to not having canon characters);
- Please be patient with everyone else, as people have lives and this is supposed to be a relaxed roleplay - we are waiting for as long as the person whose turn it is needs, unless they ask to be skipped in the current round;
- Alpha standards apply, including attention to grammar, spelling, punctuation and the likes;
- Well built characters, with believable personalities and solid background stories, will be a requirement, and I will read every character sheet and ask for changes where needed;
- Godmodding will not be tolerated. If you need to assume someone’s character response, ask them, here in the OOC so I can be sure you have permission to do so;
- Respect the posting order. If you need to post outside your place in the order, please do talk to the person whose turn it would be so they know that will you be posting in their turn;
- Once we establish the posting order, please tag the next person up at the bottom of your post, as it’ll make things easier for them as they will be notified by name.

For the first opening, I’m taking on only adult characters (professors, staff members, etc). The Headmistress (I’m still deciding on which) will be NPC’ed and my player character will be the Ravenclaw Head of House, who teaches Herbology. For now, we are opening one character per player, and any unclaimed position is up for grabs. I might open a second slot for character per player in the future. If I do, it will be looked at on a case by case basis.

List of characters (check it if you want to claim a position):

Headmaster or Headmistress - Professor Sarah Milton, 57 - NPC (Shades)

Heads of House

Slytherin - Professor Jaden Connor, Fain
Ravenclaw - Professor Cassandra Ruskin, Shades
Gryffindor - free
Hufflepuff - Professor Emeline Lobelia Pineheart, Cotton

Professors

Transfiguration - Free
Muggle Studies - Free
Astronomy - Free
Study of Ancient Runes - Professor Jaden Connor, Fain
Defence Against the Dark Arts - free
History of Magic - Free
Charms - Free
Divination - Free
Herbology - Professor Cassandra Ruskin, Shades
Potions - Free
Care of Magical Creatures - Professor Emeline Lobelia Pineheart, Cotton
Arithmancy - Free
Flight Instructor - Free

Other Positions

Caretaker - Free
Keeper of Keys and Grounds/Maintenance - Alexander Bartok Winston, Eferhilda
Librarian - Free
School Nurse - Free

Note: Professors can only double as Heads of House. Other positions are stand alone jobs.
Note #2: If you didn’t respond to the initial Interest Check, please PM me before creating a character sheet.

Character sheet template:

| +
Picture (optional - if not provided, see below - human pictures only):
Description (basic if a picture is provided, detailed if it’s not):
Full Name:
Nickname(s), if any:
Position(s) (Professor, Staff, Head of House):
House, if Hogwarts student in the past:
School of origin, if went to another:
Race (full-blood, half-blood, muggle born):
Wand:
Pet, if any (optional):
Additional skills, if any (ask if you have any questions):
Personality (qualities, flaws, I need your character to be described as a real person):
Relationship status:
Family (parents, siblings, children):
Background from birth to the current moment:
Misc (anything else you consider relevant about your character that hasn’t been covered in the previous fields):

Links for lore:
Wands
Marauder’s Map
The Elder Wand
Tree meanings (can be used to pick out the wood for each wand)
Personality traits for reference

Posting order: Shades - (others will be placed here as they post)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:44 pm 

Sort of back.

Picture:
Attachment:
Cassandra Ruskin.png
Cassandra Ruskin.png [ 341.14 KiB | Viewed 10001 times ]

Play by: Amanda Wellsh

Description: Cassandra is always dressed soberly. When at work, she will often wear long dresses in dark colors, black and navy blue being favored. When off duty, her wardrobe consists mostly of shirts in various colors and a dark skirt or dark pair of paints. Her footwear choice falls mostly on boots, though they are rarely visible due to her long dresses, and her wand is always kept in a wand holster on her right side, as Cassandra is left-handed.

Full Name: Cassandra Rosemary Ruskin

Nickname: Cass (only for family members and very close friends).

Positions: Herbology teacher, Ravenclaw Head of House.

House, if Hogwarts student in the past: Ravenclaw.

School of origin, if went to another: N/A

Race: Half-blood (father is a muggle, mother is a witch).

Wand: Willow, unicorn hair, flexible, 12”.

Pet, if any: A black cat named Bastet.

Additional skills, if any: Divination (sporadic and uncontrolled), potion brewing.

Personality: Cassandra is, at a first glance, a very quiet person. Once one gets to know her better, though, their place in Cassandra’s life will determine how they see her.
Closer friends will see a deeply empathetic person who is always willing to walk that extra mile for those she cares about.
Colleagues will see a hard-working woman whose time is devoted to work and who will always work longer hours if necessary. She is always willing to lend a hand to a colleague as well, if it is at all within the realm of what she can do.
With her family members, Cassandra is extremely loving, caring and protective, even willing to risk her life to protect theirs. That is even more accurate when it comes to her father’s side of the family, since, as muggles, they can’t defend themselves against magical dangers.
With her students, the best way to define her is ‘to each what they deserve’. As a general rule, she is pretty strict and expects her students to behave and pay attention to her classes, as she hates to repeat herself. Students who are struggling, though, will see a softer and more compassionate side of their teacher, as Cassandra will go out of her way to help them.
On the negative side, one that she tries to keep under control, Cassandra can be a little inclined to act before she thinks when it comes to things she values deeply. She is also extremely self-critical, and a perfectionist to the point where everything she does will take longer than usual until she is satisfied. When it comes to romantic relationships, she is either completely uninterested or interested in the wrong man, so she has basically sworn off being with someone for now - at least until the next bad choice comes around.

Relationship status: Single.

Family: Father: Ronald Ruskin, living; Mother: Rosemary Ruskin, living.

Background from birth to the current moment: Cassandra was born to a mixed couple. Her father was a teacher, and her mother, a witch, met him casually while shopping with her mother not too far from the school he worked at. They started seeing each other, with Rosemary’s parents approval - they were pretty progressive, and didn’t mind that their daughter was dating a muggle -, and it didn’t take too long for Ronald to propose. After speaking to her parents, Rosemary said yes, and the couple got married in a discreet ceremony, with only the families and some close friends. It was shortly after the wedding that Rosemary told Ronald she was a witch, and explained what it meant. While a little scared, Ronald loved his wife enough to still want to be with her. Any lingering doubts the man had went out the window when their only child was born. Cassandra had seemed just like any other child in the first years of her life. When Cassandra was eight, though, she started displaying some different skills. One of those was the ability to foresee some minor events, an ability that grew with the years. Other little things, like accidentally making something fly or change color, were also sign that the Ruskins didn’t have a regular child at home. When, at ten, Cassandra got her acceptance letter to Hogwarts, it was no surprise to her parents. Mr. Ruskin wasn’t too happy to think that his daughter would go to a boarding school, but Cassandra was incredibly excited, and promised her father she would write every day - a promise she kept during all of her seven years in the school. After she finished her schooling, Cassandra already knew what she wanted to do with her life. Through her interest in herbs, developed during her years in Hogwarts, Cassandra had decided to open a little herb and concoctions shop in Hogsmead, and that was exactly what she did. It had been her plan to stay there for the rest of her life and work with her herbs and potions, up until she got another letter from Hogwarts. This time, the letter invited her to an interview for a position as Herbology teacher. It took Cassandra some thinking - and some talking to her parents, who ended up taking over her business - to decide that she couldn’t miss this opportunity. After the interview - during which everything ran as expected -, Cassandra moved to Hogwarts to start working. After two years, with the retirement of the previous Head of the Ravenclaw house, Cassandra was offered the position, and happily accepted it.

Misc: Cassandra is pretty kept to herself, but she will be friendly to any of her coworkers in a neutral manner.
[If someone wants a closer friendship (older friends or forming a closer bond since she has gotten to the school), let me know and I’ll add it to my character profile.]

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:13 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Blog: View Blog (2)

Dibs on Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher and Head of Gryffindor House

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:18 pm 

Sort of back.

All right, if you're cool with waiting on us to post (I do warn you that we're gonna be extremely slow-paced), your positions are reserved. Let me know if you have any questions!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Yeah seeing as I already have the character sheet seeing as my first posted character sheet is for Harry Potter roleplay is there anything I need to adjust? Also no I don't mind waiting. I just pray I can keep up I'm sure I'll be able to but this is my first Alpha roleplay. :o If I don't need to change anything can you show me how to link my character sheet to here? As I REALLY, REALLY Don't want to have to write the entire thing out again. XD I will if needs be but I'd rather not.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:30 pm 

Sort of back.

Yes, please, I would ask that (as stated in the RP rules) you did adjust your character to the template provided on the first post (inside the spoiler, or you can use my character sheet as a template as well) and post it here. Remember that for your character to be a Hogwarts professor + Head of House he should be around my character's age (I would say at least 27). If you have any further questions, let me know!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:36 pm 

XD At this time my character would be in his late 30s early 40s. Okay I'll try to adjust it to your template.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:45 pm 

Sort of back.

Cool, the age works then. And thanks, drop me a PM if you need any help adjusting the CS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:52 am 

Description: Has gold eyes much like a dragon, wears neck to floor cloaks that billow around him, usually in shades of black, crimson, and midnight blue. His footwear consists of dragonskin combat boots, though they are never seen as his cloak covers them making it seem like he floats across the ground. He keeps his wand in a holster up his sleeve so he can have it ready in an instant.

Full Name: Michael Odysseus Crowley

Nickname: Mikey (Only his older brothers Damien and Godric are allowed to call him this anyone else will get hexed to oblivion)

Positions: Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and Head of Gryffindor House

House: Gryffindor

School of origin: N/A

Race: Full blood

Wand: Rowan, blend of phoenix and chimaera, springy, 13"

Pets: Phoenix named Apollo and Owl named Hades

Additional skills: Animagus (Turns into an enormous black wolf with his gold eyes as the identifying characteristic) and potioneer.

Personality: Michael is a brilliant and extraordinary wizard who is dedicated to his work completely. One might say he is overprotective of those he cares about and they'd be right. He is very intuitive when it comes to trouble as if he can smell it from across a room. Be it a fair maiden or man in distress he will ride gallantly in to save the day or at least attempt to do so. Be it two students fighting he will come down hard and strict with them. He can be a bit over dramatic when angered.

Relationship Status: Single at the moment although he has a close bond of trust with Professor Cassandra Ruskin.

Family: Father-Zeralus Crowley (living), Mother-Valeries Prewett (deceased), Brothers: Damien, Godric, Max, Samuel, and Daniel (all living), Sisters: Amelia (living), Rowena, Helga, and Salazara (all deceased)

Background: Michael is the third eldest son of Zeralus Crowley and Valeries Prewett. Zeralus and Valeries met at Hogwarts where they had a storybook romance. They wed two months before Michael's eldest brother Damien was born. A year after Damien came Godric -, two yesrs after that Michael, a year after him Max, a year after that Samuel, and then finally a year after that Daniel, Amelia, Rowena, Helga, and Salazara were born. Like most of his family Michael showed signs of magic ability early around when was 3 years old. Michael however, showed signs of magic so strong that the only Crowley they could compare it to was his great (x4) grandfather. It came to no surprise when Michael like his older brothers was accepted into Hogwarts as it was the family school. He was a year ahead of famous Harry Potter and top of his class all 7 years at Hogwarts. He was Prefect and Head Boy in his time and participated in the Battle of Hogwarts alongside his family. Tragedy struck as he lost his mother and three of his sisters on this day. Two years after this though he was only twenty years old he was offered the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher which he happily accepted. Ten years after that he was made Head of Gryffindor House after McGonagall retired. Now eighteen years after he started working at Hogwarts he has never once regretted his decision. His father at this time is Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Damien is Head of the Auror's Office, and all his other remaining siblings are some form of Magical Law Enforcement officer. (Aurors, Hit Wizards, Wizengamot members).

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 am 

Sort of back.

Approved! Adding him to the list of characters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:49 am 

Hopefully we get plenty of people to join. :)

My Resume

My Characters

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:19 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

will work on my character soon. Already started kinda....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:25 pm 

Sort of back.

Nice!
No rush at all!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:32 pm 

Hey Shades do you think you could show me how to link my character profile thread and resume to my signature?

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:38 pm 

Sort of back.

Sure, I'll pm you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:41 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Description: Ochrid is slender and beautiful with pale skin and red eyes. She wears black lack and leather corsets and combat boots and always has eyeliner but it looks super natural. Her hair is long and straight and black, and she's really short but wears heels. She has tattoos all over her right arms of skulls and stuff.
Full Name: Professor Orchid Nightmare Paralyss's Corvid Way
Nickname(s), if any: Ochrid
Position(s): Care of Magical Creatures professor and Hufflepuff Head of House
House, if Hogwarts student in the past: she didn't go to school
Race (full-blood, half-blood, muggle born): full-blood vampire
Wand: 18" elder wand with thestral tail hair
Pet, if any (optional): a thestral named Eternal Darkness
Additional skills, if any (ask if you have any questions): Is a vampire, metamorphagus, can animagus into a thestral or a dragon or unicorn, really good at potions, best seeker ever, amazing potioneer, can control animals with her eyes
Personality: Ochrid is really nice and kind and loves everyone but she has darkness inside her that she hides from everyoen so she gets sad sometimes. she is beautiful and extremely intelligent, like three times as much as Dumbledore. Everyone likes her and she likes everyone except she doesn't like anyone from Slytherin because their evil. And she really likes goth things and heavy metal. People always come to her for advice.
Relationship status: super single wink wink
Family: all dead because they aren't vampires like her
Background from birth to the current moment: When Ochrid was 16 she was turned into a vampire by some evil vampires and was their slave but she escaped and met godric Gryfffindoor who offered her a position as the first care for Magical Creatures professor because she could control animals but she declined. She became a justic vigilante and almost killed Voldemort during his rise to power but decided not to. She was very close friends to Dumbledore and became a very important character in the Battle of Hogwarts. then the new headmaster offered her the job again and she decided to accept because she wanted to settle down.
Misc: JK, my real character will hopefully be up within the week. I'm super excited, guys!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:44 pm 

Sort of back.

@Cotton

I don't like you too much right now LMAO
You nearly gave me a heart attack!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:48 pm 

Lol damn Cotton I actually cooled Michael down and even HE WASN'T that powerful before! XD Well okay maybe he was close but still dang! XD I'm thinking I could have put in the fact that Michael is a Legilimens/ Occlumens and he is his generation's heir to his family's ability to control magical creatures with ease XD

My Resume

My Characters

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:49 pm 

Sort of back.

@Master Samurai
She wouldn't dare to actually make this character lol
She values her ability to live.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:51 pm 

XD Yeah I figured it had to be a joke character. It's just TOO OP and newbieish for someone of Cotton's (assumed) experience.

My Resume

My Characters