All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:21 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Picture
Description (basic if a picture is provided, detailed if it’s not):
Jaden is tall at 6’ 4” with a slim build. A wild looking mane of black hair. Deep blue eyes and sharp angular features. Jaden or Jade as he prefers to be called usually dresses in dark colours and rich fashions showcasing his wealth and the fact that though he is a half-blood he inherited the Fawley family money and namesake. His mother Elizabeth Fawley was the oldest daughter of the last Lord Fawley. The Fawley bloodline is Extant in the male line. Though the war insured that much of Fawley fortune went into salvaging Jade’s status the association that both his parents held as supporters and his father as a Death Eater has not faded completely and continue to taint Jade’s current life.

Full Name: Jaden Connor
Nickname(s), if any: Jade

Position(s) (Professor, Staff, Head of House):
Head of Slytherin House
Professor of Ancient Runes

House, if Hogwarts student in the past: Slytherin
School of origin, if went to another: Hogwarts
Race (full-blood, half-blood, muggle born): Half-Blood
Wand: Oak with a Dragon Heartstring core at 11 and 3/4 inches
Pet, if any (optional): Eagle owl by the name of: Sullivan
Additional skills, if any (ask if you have any questions): Nonverbal magic, Wandless magic, basic skills in Legilimency and Occlumency (not great). Most of his dedication was to Ancient Runes

Personality (qualities, flaws, I need your character to be described as a real person):
Jade seems to almost have two personalities. This developed due in part to the duality of his upbringing. His mother being a strong dark supporter and a strong believer in the Dark Lord and his schemes was always teaching Jade the prejudice she was raised on. Making Jade a very angry and cruel child. Jade’s father was hardly anything but a doting presence who tried to curtail his wife’s spoiling of their son. However he was so wrapped around his wife’s little finger that he hardly seemed like a father to Jade.

Jade’s grandfather was the predominant male role model for the young boy. Jade was taught how to be a child and how to love and accept others by Edward who was a strict and strong hand with the boy. Jade had to hide that softer side of himself around his mother and therefore seemed to almost have two personalities.

A hard, cruel, selfish and self-centred person who cared not for anyone else but himself.

A studious, well mannered and exuberant person who enjoyed life and cared about others.

There is a mix of both inside Jade. He’s caring to an extent, but usually only to those he actually considers important or his students. He’s selfish and tends to like to showcase his wealth. He knows his looks and money can get him anything he wants and he likes to pretend he’s better then everyone else.

Jade also has a secret he doesn’t want anyone to know. One he’ll guard at all cost as it is something he knows would never have been accepted by his parents. The only one who ever knew his secret was Edward and he tried to remind Jade that he was free to choose what he desired.

Relationship status: Single
Family (parents, siblings, children):
Mother: Elizabeth Connor Nee Fawley (pureblood)
Father: Sebastian Connor (Half-Blood)
Grandfather: Edward Connor (Half-Blood)
Siblings: None
Children: None

Background from birth to the current moment:
Sebastian and Elizabeth fell in love during their sixth year at Hogwarts and an arrangement of promise was made between Elizabeth’s father and Sebastian’s father. They were wed right out of Hogwarts and Elizabeth went on to tend to her families home while Sebastian took to a position in the Ministry of Magic in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Both Elizabeth and Sebastian were Slytherin’s during their school term.

Sebastian unknown to most had taken a vow to the Dark Lord about a year after his marriage to Elizabeth who was a strong supporter for the Dark Lord and strongly encouraged her husband to do just that. Sebastian being a rather soft man where his wife was concerned did not argue her wishes.

Elizabeth and Sebastian had Jaden when they were both well settled into their lives. Elizabeth was not a young mother when she had Jaden, she was nearing her fortieth year of life. She had had two miscarriages before Jaden’s birth and Jaden proved to be her only child. Elizabeth didn’t mind as she didn’t particularly want children at all. Sebastian on the other hand had always wanted children and though he was disappointed that Elizabeth adamantly refused to have more then Jaden, he was pleased to have a son.

Jaden was spoiled from both and therefore tends to be rather spoiled and self-centred. Though Sebastian did try and temper the overindulgence of his wife towards their son he didn’t have much say in Jaden’s upbringing. Elizabeth instilled the same etiquette and decorum that had ruled her life and had Jaden not been twelve years old at the fall of the Dark Lord would have carted him off to the Dark Lord as soon as he was of age.

Jaden for his part didn’t particularly care about that, even now he’s not drawn to the dark arts as one would expect someone raised in a dark home. His father was jailed and his mother was killed in the Battle of Hogwarts. The twelve year old boy was raised by his Grandfather, Sebastian’s father, Edward Connor from when he was twelve to when he reached maturity and inherited his fortune from his mother’s last will and testament which had been held in trust, well mostly. A large part of that fortune had went to the ministry to pay for his father’s trial and as restitution for their part in the war. Jaden’s grandfather tried to curb the boy’s selfish tendencies and darker nature, but that didn’t bode well for the moody teenager.

Jade was and is a rather exuberant male who enjoys to be the centre of attention. The more quiet and studious side of the boy was rarely seen. It is however a much more often seen side of Jade as an adult.

Jade graduated Hogwarts and went on to enter the ministry, intent on becoming an Unspeakable, however, that dream was soon curtailed before Jade could take the vows that would bind him to that office. He received a good majority of the training, but after the death of his Grandfather Jade fell on hard times. He was close to his grandfather and his rather selfish nature took over. Jade’s tenure in Hogwarts began two years after his ‘exuberant phase’ as he calls the two years of adventure the young man (then twenty) undertook. He was twenty-two years old when he began to teach at Hogwarts.

At twenty-five he took over as Head of Slytherin House and has been there ever since.

Misc (anything else you consider relevant about your character that hasn’t been covered in the previous fields): To be added later

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:32 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Approved! Adding him to the character list, and adding this to the list of posts to write! Should have it up sometime next week!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:19 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Blog: View Blog (2)

@Shades Excellent

@Fain He sounds like he would of been one of the one's Michael observed when at school. And then would of tried to be a positive influence to him as a teacher for the 3-4 years that he had him.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:52 am 

@Master Samurai For the first year that he would have had Jaden he'd have had a very quiet and uninterested 14/15 year old. Jaden would have been polite but a little cold to everyone. He didn't really ever get back into 'life' at Hogwarts for the first couple of years. Considering his father was Jailed during the trials after the battle and his mother had died in the battle and Michael would have started only two years after all that so Jaden would still have been getting settled with his Grandfather and dealing with a lot of the fallout of being the son of supporters and death eaters he probably wouldn't have spared a thought to his professors actions until he came back to Hogwarts to teach as a young man. That would have also been a pretty turbulent time for Slytherin as a whole house. So he'd have been leery of almost everyone while still in school.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:06 am 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

@Fain I don't doubt it. Nonetheless, having experienced tragic loss himself,Michael would stubbornly try to get through to Jaden.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:55 pm 

@Master Samurai, I'm ok with that. :) It makes sense and gives them a little back story.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:01 pm 

And so atleast 3 out of 4 of the fellow staff members have past history with Michael. x3 I am happy. I think Alex would have had a year or two with Michael if he was in Advanced Defense but otherwise being 4 years younger and a Hufflepuff they wouldn't have any history together.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:08 pm 

I'll look at the other characters over the weekend and propositions possible past interactions at that time. XD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:07 pm 

@Shades and @Fain I didn't think that it would be necessary to state that Michael could do nonverbal and wandless magic. XD I kind of thought it was implied that wizards of Hogwarts teacher caliber could do that.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:28 am 

Sort of back.

So, we have a free space for the Gryffindor Head of House, and also wanted to let you guys know I should have this up before the weekend, okay?

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:09 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Sounds good!

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:46 pm 

awesome sauce!

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:41 pm 

Sort of back.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50842

All right, IC is up, everyone!
Feel free to post whenever! And also, if someone wants to meet up with Cass, feel free to!

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:00 pm 

Yeah boiii

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:03 pm 

WOOOHOOO and added to my list.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:04 pm 

@Eferhilda - can Alex see thestrals? Since he was at the Battle of Hogwarts I would assume so, but I wanted to be sure. Emeline was away for the summer, so she would have requested he care for them as much as he was there, or to pop in on occasion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)

@Shades would that be something he could see?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:08 pm 

Thestrals are seen by people who have seen people die @Eferhilda c:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:14 pm 

Owner

Yeah those funky horse things? Right? LolThen probably but figured I'd ask the tiny ****ing to make sure.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:49 pm 

Owner

Already want to write a post with Alex trying to take care of them while she was away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next