All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:24 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Roleplay rules:

- Main characters are to be over 18. If your character has children or other minors associated to them (siblings, etc) they should be NPC’ed and you can control them (in this case, you should post their names and ages within the appropriate field of their character sheet so we can keep track.

- Posting frequency: each writer has up to two weeks to post. After that, unless they let me know they need more time, they will be skipped, but not removed from the roleplay, and can post in their turn in the next round. We are having a posting order, established through the first posts by each writers. Noting again that the only way for someone to be removed from the roleplay will be if they go away from the site itself or upon request. Unless one of the situations verifies itself, they will keep on and be skipped after the deadline is up, and will be free to post on their next turn whenever.

- I would advise that each writer takes no more than two main characters (NPCs not included in this number). Anything over than that can be talked about, though, should the writer be able to maintain more than two.

Town Name: Crossroads.

About the town: Crossroads is a small town, one of those where everyone knows everyone. The population was counted at 3.245 inhabitants in the last census, and most of these are at least the third generation in their families living there. The few people who move into the town are often looked at with some suspicion at first, but gradually accepted as they prove themselves not to be disruptive presences. The main locations in town are the school, the local churches, the city hospital, the social club, the police station, the inn and the city hall. There isn’t much to do in matters of entertainment, other than a small movie theater where movies premiere a few weeks after they have at bigger cities.

Note: only town natives can be witches or wizards. Since werewolves are turned, they can be non-natives.

About the curse: The curse has been cast upon the town by a wizard (still unidentified as of now), whose main goal is to rule the entire town, including who stays and who goes away from it. His ultimate goal is to turn everyone in town to his side by offering them power - or destroy them, should they refuse. A large part of the town’s inhabitants are on his side, either for ambition or fear, and his main soldiers are werewolves turned to his side with the (void) promise of a cure, and witches turned dark through a craving for more power and less rules, as light witches have very strict rules they need to follow to maintain their connection with their source of power - nature.

Options for PCs: Humans; werewolves (1 slot taken - may open more if more people join); witches and wizards(light magic only, dark magic witches and the one dark wizard will be NPCs for now).

General Antagonists (all NPCs):

The wizard - still shrouded in shadow, this person is the source of the curse, and may be any person in town. I’m still working on a particular person for him to be. The only given information fow now is that he is an older male, and a regular citizen, not in a position of any special power.

Dark witches - witches who have been raised properly and learned the perks and limitations of light magic. Unhappy with the limitations, that made their power far from absolute, some of the witches moved to the dark side, seduced by the promise of more power, and started following the wizard and targeting their light counterparts for converting to their cause or merely destruction.

Dark werewolves - werewolves in this setting are cursed beings. They change in the full moon and have no control over their transformation. They are changed through being bitten by another one of their kind and are doomed to a life with an incurable condition. Despite there being no possible cure, the wizard has still managed to manipulate some of them by promising a cure, should they stick with him and do as he tells them to. Some infected with weakest minds or a more optimistic nature have bought the story and moved to side with the wizard while waiting for him to fulfill his promise.

Antagonistic humans - humans are obviously not granted any powers through following the wizard. They are simply either threatened, or bribed with money or other perks to act as informants. As there is nothing apparently different about them, every person may or may not be an antagonist, which serves to keep everyone who is against the wizard on edge.

Personal antagonists:

Pandora - Dark witch. Arianna’s eldest sister. Has turned to dark magic seduced by the wizard’s promises of power and of allowing her to rule by his side when he wins. Is constantly alternating between trying to turn Arianna to her side and attacking her. Has been known to plot to take her daughter as a means of convincing Arianna to follow her, but has been unsuccessful so far.

Note: should you want a personal antagonist, drop me a line and I’ll add it to the personal antagonists list.

Character sheet template

| +
Picture (preferrably human pictures only, no anime depictions, please - can be replaced by a description):
Description (optional if a picture is provided):
Name:
Nickname, if any:
Personality (paragraph form, not list):
Special positions (witch or wizard, werewolf, others may be added):
Relationship status:
Children:
Other Relations:
Background Story:
Misc (anything not covered in the previous fields):

(Player) Character list:
Arianna McCoy, witch
Ingrid Edwards, witch
Kurtis Franko Milburn, werewolf
Charlotte T. Watkins, resident

Posting order (to be established as people post): Shades - Sojourn - Eferhilda - Ben

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:37 am 

Sort of back.

Picture:
Attachment:
Arianna.png
Arianna.png [ 818.73 KiB | Viewed 12255 times ]

Description: View picture (PB: Elizabeth Gillies)

Name: Arianna McCoy (maiden name undisclosed)

Nickname, if any: Ari, Anna

Profession: Inn keeper

Personality: Caring, attentive, kind yet firm. Arianna has a motherly demeanor, and feels that she should take care of everyone around her. On the flip side of this nature, Arianna is somewhat strict with those she takes care of. Her own daughter - Moira - will probably learn how her mother can be as she grows older, but her close friends and relative also get their own examples of Arianna’s behavior, as she feels a need to take care of everyone she cares about.

Special positions: Witch, light magic.

Relationship status: Married, husband - Richard McCoy - gone from town before her child was even born.

Children: Moira McCoy, 6 months old.

Other Relations: One sister, estranged, who has crossed to the dark side. (NPC) Parents are deceased in unclear circumstances, grandmother passed away when Arianna was still a child.

Background Story:
Arianna was born in Crossroads, and raised by a loving mother and grandmother. Her father was around and supporting the family financially, but didn’t get involved too closely in his daughter’s upbringing. While growing up, Arianna always knew that the women in her family were different. It took her a while, though, to understand that her mother, grandmother and sister - a few years older - were witches, and that she was one of them.

Despite knowing that she was different, Arianna had to wait until she turned ten to begin her education in the path of light magic. Unlike her sister, Arianna soaked up any and all knowledge given to her. She learned protective magic, healing, cleansings, and how to commune with the Earth Mother.

Having completed her education - both in magic and regular studies - at eighteen, Arianna moved out of her house and into the inn that had been kept by the family through the generations. Not too long after, she met Richard McCoy, a man who had come to town for work. It had been love at first sight for Arianna, but she moved carefully until she was sure Richard liked her as well. It didn’t take long for them to start a relationship, and at twenty, she was married to the man, who had decided to stay in Crossroads forever.

Unfortunately, Fate had other plans. At around twenty-one, Arianna was expecting her first child, and could not be happier - despite the fact that her sister had, by then, turned to the side of dark magic and was constantly tormenting her. Ignoring that was not easy, but Arianna kept her home - the upper part of the inn - safe and her sister away from her. Even with her sister’s presence, everything seemed fine to Arianna up until her husband had to travel for work. It didn’t seem like a bad thing, at least not until he found out he could not enter the town on his way back in. Arianna was in deep despair, and tried everything she could to open a way back in - but it was all to no avail. Whoever was running the show in town had decided not to allow Richard back into Crossroads. He missed the birth of his own child, and everything else about little Moira’s life.

Despite a few men knocking on her door, Arianna decided she would not remarry, or accept any other man in her life as anything but a friend. And that she would find a way to break the spell over the town so she could have her happily ever after.

Misc: Arianna is always willing to help anyone around her, and will befriend anyone who also wants to dispel the curse. That includes welcoming them in the inn if they need a safe place to stay.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:13 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

And this totally slipped my radar but now that I have found it, I will be working on a character right away.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:16 pm 

Sort of back.

No problem, mom! No rush at all!
Waiting on @Ben as well, but no rush, since I won't get to IC working before the weekend, and all that! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:44 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

I'm here in the shadows, I'm writing a Gran Gran and it's not as easy as I thought it would be. !sigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 pm 

Sort of back.

No rush at all, man!
Drop me a PM if you need help with anything, okay?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:30 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Still accepting characters, twin?

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:08 pm 

Sort of back.

For you, twin, I would open up a spot even if there were none XD

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm 

Awww, I feel very loved. =D

I'll get a character up this weekend then.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:12 pm 

Sort of back.

You are loved <3
And cool, drop me a line if you need help with anything at all! XD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:38 pm 

Picture (preferrably human pictures only, no anime depictions, please - can be replaced by a description):

Description (optional if a picture is provided): Ingrid is about 5'6 with a slim build. She has long blond hair and dark blue eyes.
Name: Ingrid Edwards
Nickname, if any: None
Profession: Nurse
Personality (paragraph form, not list): Ingrid is an intelligent and caring person. She loves her job and she also loves her family. She can be quite stubborn at times. She also has a tendency to think she is always right, even if she's not.
Special positions (witch or wizard, werewolf, others may be added): Witch, light magic
Relationship status: Married, her husband name is Gabe, he runs the local pharmacy
Children: Hunter, 16 years old; Eliza, 13 years old
Other Relations: None (may add later)
Background Story: Ingrid and Gabe grew up in Crossroards, right down from the street from each other. Only one year apart in age, their parents always thought they would someday get married. They went from playing games together as kids, to dating in high school. Ingrid's family are witches. Since her childhood she felt drawn to healing magic. It only seemed natural to be in the medical field.

The only time either Ingrid or Gabe have left their little town was to go to college together. Ingrid trained to become a nurse and Gabe trained to be pharmacist. They got married, soon afterwards their son Hunter was born. The little family returned to Crossroads once they completed their schooling. Ingrid took a job, working as a nurse for the local doctor's office. Gabe joined the local pharmacy, eventually buying it when the previous older retired and sold it to him. About a year after coming back to Crossroads, their daughter Eliza was born.

Ingrid and her family love their little town very much. While Ingrid can use healing magic, she tries to use it as a last resort when tending to patients. Although she does maintain a garden behind her house to grow herbs to help with natural healing methods. Which Gabe then sells at a reasonable price at the pharmacy.

When the dark ones came to their town, Ingrid has resisted the wizard's promises of power. Her family had taught her that magic was a gift and meant to use only for good.

Misc (anything not covered in the previous fields): Gabe and their son Hunter are humans and have shown no magical powers. Their daughter, Eliza, is starting to show magical abilities and isn't as strong willed as her mother to resist the darkness.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:39 pm 

Let me know if I need to edit anything about Ingrid. I figured that the dark ones could try lure Eliza to the dark side. Something that Ingrid would very against. She loves her kids very much and would do just about anything to protect them.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:47 pm 

Sort of back.

I really love her! I'm sure she'll be involved in some really fun plots! XD

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:29 pm 

Thanks. =D

I think a plot involving Eliza would be good. ;)

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 pm 

Sort of back.

Are you sure you're saying that to me, twin? XD

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:12 pm 

Twin, you know I'm always up for anything. XD

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:15 pm 

Sort of back.

I will remember that, twin. XD

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:34 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Picture:

Description: Kurt comes in at about 6’0 even and now sports a scruffy almost renegade appearance. Thick beard with the sides of his head shaved to allow for the top to be kept long. When on the job he ties it back in a ponytail, though the beard he has not shaved for some years. Even going so far as to curl up the ends of his mustache to allow for a bit of style. Tattoos adorn his body as a mark of his unique personality and a road map of his life so far. Many of them are over scars that he has acquired through the years. Even when on the job, he can be seen with his most prized possession a corn cob pipe that he made himself.

Name: Kurtis Franko Milburn

Nickname, if any: Kurt or Frank

Profession: Town Sheriff

Personality: Kurt is a tough cookie, who likes to keep his town as safe as possible. This often means he has to be the “bad guy”, but he wears the mantle with pride. Stern and sometimes grumpy, Kurt is not one for coddling or other such soft behavior. This town is his home, and he plans on making it safe for the others that are trapped there. Even if that means ruffling feathers and what not.

Special positions: Werewolf

Relationship status: Single

Children: None

Other Relations: None that he is aware of

Background Story: Kurt was an eager beaver back when he first came to the town. This was supposed to be his big break and his chance to really advance his career. Deputy of a small town was not huge, but it was a stepping stone in a career that he hoped would be full of adventure and heroic stories. Instead, he was there on sight for what would turn into his curse. The town was attacked from within, the citizens put under lock and key with their former sheriff turning into a monster and attacking everyone, Kurt included. It was by his hand that he killed the beast, and it is now by his hand that he safeguards the city.

Years later and he has struggled to keep it together. Fighting his own inner beast and working with those within the city to keep it all calm. Tired and frustrated. He is not sure what is currently going on, but he knows that it is not okay. He plans to try and convince some of the other werewolves to stay with the light and ignore the promises of the force that has even approached him. Though he would love to be rid of the curse, there is a part of him that knows all that glitters is not gold.

Misc: When he is close to shifting he locks himself at the station so that he cannot hurt anyone. The cycle of the moon is something that he keeps meticulous track of.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 pm 

Sort of back.

Approved!

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:33 pm 

Hey! Effie and I are planning to chat about a connection between our characters. Once things are solid, I'll post my sheet. Expect it soon!