All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Court Intrigues OOC
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:04 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Plot starting point:

After the old king’s death, his son and heir rose to the throne. As it always happens, the change in government shifted loyalties, ruffled feathers, and awakened ambitions. Everyone wanted a place in the sun - or close to the throne. Members of the old King’s private council, general noblemen, the new King’s friends, everyone wanted to benefit in some way. And they were willing to do whatever they needed to get a leg up in life.

At the same time, a darker current wanted, not to share on the King’s power, but to take it for themselves. Who will win this battle is up to us all.

This roleplay will be more on the collaborative side, that is, I, as a GM, will merely provide the settings and we’ll all create the situations as we go. You’re free to create and control NPCs related to your characters, add to the story, and send in suggestions for the plot whenever you’d like.

For reference, the story will start a few months after the new King’s coronation.

List of current characters:

Queen Esther Lesnar - Shades
Thaddeus Dumont - HappyJinglez
Annalisa Savoy - HappyJinglez
Victoria Dumont - Sojourn
Isabel de' Medici - Sojourn
King Braiden Owen Lesnar - Fain
Albeit Godsourn V - ShadowsVictor

List of free characters:

King’s best friend (or younger brother)
King’s sister
Queen’s brother
Queen’s ladies in waiting (up to 3)

General rules for this roleplay, as stated in the Interest Check:

- Alpha standards apply, in length and grammar use.
- No godmodding is allowed in any way. If you need to assume something about someone else's character for your post to work, ASK THE PERSON.
- Each writer can take up to two characters - I would ask that you check with me before creating the second one, though, so we can keep things tidy.
- Posting frequency: I would require once a week per writer (or per character, in case one has two of them and they aren't in the same place at the posting order). As all of my other roleplays, I want it to have a relaxed pace, but not so long as to get buried and forgotten. Should anyone need more time, it'll be considered, though, as long as they drop a notice on the OOC or through a PM to me.
- Posting order: we will have one, so everyone knows when they're supposed to post, but it can be made flexible with a heads up by whoever needs to post out of the regular order.

Posting order: Shades -Sojourn - HappyJinglez - Fain

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Court Intrigues OOC
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:05 am 

Sort of back.

Character sheet template:

[Picture - Optional - Any depiction except anime]

Name:
Physical description (it can be very basic if a picture is provided):
Current residence:

Relationship status:
Significant other, if applicable:
Parents:
Siblings:

Positive personality traits:
Negative personality traits:
Talents and skills:

Background story up to the beginning of the roleplay:

Additional Information (any relevant information not covered before):

Since the characters in this roleplay are closely connected, communication here will be key, so I ask that people talk to each other, through here or as they see fit, as to have the character sheets and any in-game events make sense.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:08 am 

Sort of back.

Attachment:
Queen.png
Queen.png [ 531.39 KiB | Viewed 11993 times ]

Name: Queen Esther Lesnar, neé McMillan
Physical description: View picture
Current residence: The Royal Palace

Relationship status: Married
Significant other, if applicable: King Braiden Owen Lesnar
Parents: Angus (living) and Mary (deceased) McMillan
Siblings: Isabel de' Medici, older sister, (younger siblings, undefined).

Positive personality traits: Caring, loyal, clever, polite, generous, attentive, studious.
Negative personality traits: Overly submissive to those in positions of power (husband or father), non-confrontational, jealous of those she loves deeply.
Talents and skills: Writing (mostly poetry and religious texts), singing, playing the harp, needlework.

Background story up to the beginning of the roleplay: Esther was born in Scotland, to a nobleman who was friends with the old King and his wife. Having been born not too long after the King’s son, the little girl was soon promised to the young prince. While knowing that she was to leave her country and family to marry, Esther tried not to think of that and live her life as happily as possible.

As a child, Esther spent her time with her siblings, whenever she was not studying. From an early age, the girl had a lot of respect for her older siblings and a mother-like feeling for the younger ones. When her mother passed away at her last childbirth, Esther took on a motherly role to her young siblings, as it was in her nature to always care for others.

During her formative years, Esther’s contact with her betrothed was made solely through letters, and those were too formal for any real bond to be formed. Going away when she was sixteen, to prepare for marriage, was a terrible pain for Esther. She felt as though leaving her siblings behind was leaving a piece of her own heart, but there was no choice.

In knowing the prince she was supposed to marry, Esther was relieved to know that he would be nice to her.

It didn’t take long for Esther to warm up to her husband to be, and to wish to please him, as well as his father. When the King passed, Esther was already used to the new family, having married his son two years after her arrival, and was devastated at the loss, and - if she were to be honest - a little scared of the change from being the wife of a the heir to the throne to being a Queen.

As there was no choice, though, the new Queen prepared to act with as much dignity as she could possibly muster, and to support her husband in everything - all the while dealing with every demand that could come her way, the largest one being, of course, for a male heir to the throne.

Additional Information: Queen Esther has yet to give her husband an heir, and since they have been married for around three years, she has been extremely concerned that she might be unable to have children.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:10 am 

Sort of back.

You're all free to post your characters now - let me know if you need help with anything!

@Fain
@HappyJinglez
@Sojourn
@ShadowsVictor

No rush at all!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:31 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I'll work on posting possibly tomorrow afternoon! If not, than the next day!

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:39 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Awesome. I'll get to posting my characters in the next few days.

@HappyJinglez: Your character's wife is going to be named Victoria.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:46 pm 

Ok! I'll keep that in mind when I make my cs

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:28 pm 

Sort of back.

No rush at all, my pretties! =)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:35 pm 

Quick question. In what country is this taking place?

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:39 pm 

Sort of back.

Oh, sorry, since this is a reboot, I totally forgot about that lol
I used a fictional country inspired in Tudor England for the last one, I think I'll use England itself this time just to make things easier on the logistic for us. XD

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:11 pm 

Name: Thaddeus Dumont

Physical description (it can be very basic if a picture is provided): Aside from the photo above, Thaddeus is tall with an impressive shoulder width.

Current residence: The Royal Palace

Relationship status: Married

Significant other, if applicable: Victoria Dumont

Parents: King Francis (deceased) and Sarah Dumont (deceased)

Siblings: King Francis II (half sibling and former King of England, recently deceased)

Positive personality traits: Thaddeus is always quick to laugh, he has a great sense of humor and loves a good time. Thaddeus is also driven to succeed in everything he puts his mind too

Negative personality traits: Thaddeus is very much an Alpha male and asserts himself frequently. He also is a lover of women and while he truly only loves his wife, Thaddeus often takes other women to bed.

Talents and skills: Very good at hunting and is known for his archery. His diplomatic skills are next to none.

Thaddeus is the older half brother of King Francis II (may he rest in peace) and half uncle of the current King of England (Long live the king). His mother, Sarah Dumont, was the King's Mistress. Thaddeus grew up with his brother, but always knew he was a bastard child. Nevertheless, he and Francis were always close. Growing up, Thaddeus did not envy the weight his brother had to carry.

However, durring the end of his brother's reign, partially due to his wife's influence, Thaddeus began to entertain the thought that the crown belonged to himself. After all, he was the first male, even if by a mistress. There was so much that his brother chose not to address. Mostly the living conditions of the poor. Thaddeus felt his brother couldn't relate to his less fortunate subjects. It was all just a thought, though.

Thaddeus was married to Victoria at 19. She gave him 3 strong boys and a beautiful baby girl (who happens to be a daddy's girl). Thaddeus feels Victoria did an exceptional job rearing their children and he can't help but feel proud to be the head of his household.

Despite the pride Thaddeus had for his family, he still had a terrible habit of bedding other women. Dispite his indiscretions, he truly only loved Victoria who was his equal in every way except one. She was a woman, but as a woman and as Thaddeus' wife, he had always felt supported: because of this, Thaddeus's incubating thoughts to become King started to grow.

While he would have never started a palace coup against his brother, his nephew is a different story. There have been a good number of nobles that have hinted at supporting Thaddeus should he ever decide to go for the thrown and the fact that the Queen had yet to produce an heir didn't help.

Additional Information (any relevant information not covered before): There had always been speculation surrounding Francis II death. It was rumored that Thaddeus played a hand in his demise. Truth be told, Thaddeus loved his brother and had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by HappyJinglez on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:13 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

I'll work on mine this week between baby Goat sitting.... Shouldn't take me long.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:45 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Today was busy, but I'll get my character sheets up soon.

I think the sister will be older. Like she was married off to a Duke and is very protective of Esther.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:46 pm 

Sort of back.

I love the idea for the sister! <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:17 pm 

I think I'm done. I can add/change anything if I need to

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:34 pm 

Sort of back.

Looks great! Can't wait to see him in action!

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:43 pm 

I'll be working on my other character tonight or tomorrow. I may add/change some things about Thaddeus, but for now this is a good skeleton :p

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:23 am 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Oh crap I totally forgot about this RP I have way to many ATM hahahah I begin work on my character tonight

I do have one question what time era is this taking place in I'd like to make my character somewhat accurate in the way of clothing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:32 am 

Sort of back.

No rush! And think Tudor England =) Let me know if you need help with anything!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:45 pm 

WORK IN PROGRESS

Name: Annalisa Savoy

Physical description (it can be very basic if a picture is provided): Aside from the photo above, Annalisa is on the slender side due to years of ballet and acrobatics.

Current residence: The Royal Palace of Savoy in Italy

Relationship status: Widowed without children

Significant other, if applicable: Ambrosio Savoy (deceased)

Parents: Riccardo Abiatti (deceased)

Siblings: Jocelyn Abiatti, Michaelangelo Abiatti, Fiorra Abiatti (All whereabouts unknown)

Positive personality traits: Annalisa is a very bright young woman who thirsts for knowledge. She is very straightforward and usually tells it like it is. She's also very kind and generous and generally has an upbeat attitude.

Negative personality traits: Annalisa has a terrible habit of speaking out. When many believe a woman should be quiet, Annalisa is the opposite. She doesn't take well to orders that come from anyone that isn't her authority: and even when they are she may dispute them. Annalisa is a very stubborn woman, to say the least.

Talents and skills: Annalisa grew up learning ballet as well as some vocal training and knows how to play the mandolin. She's a decent seamstress and is a very talented public performer/speaker.

There isn't much Annalisa remembers from her childhood. Her parents sold her and her siblings to one Riccardo Abiatti, the owner of a traveling dell'arte troupe who went around performing semi elaborate comedic skits. All of her siblings learned acrobatics, ballet, and an instrument. Even though she never really knew her parents, Riccardo was a loving caregiver who loved Annalisa and her siblings.

When he died from a broken leg (an unfortunate accident) the troupe disintegrated and Annalisa was left on the streets with her 3 younger siblings. In order to keep them alive, Annalisa became a Courtesan (prostitute with upper class clients) at 13. As her and her siblings got older, they slowly distanced themselves from their sister, ashamed of her line of work. However, it was because of her work that she met, and eventually married Ambrosio Savoy, Italy's current reigning King Lucio's Uncle.

Ambrosio was an older gentleman with an affinity for pretty whores and when he asked Annalisa to marry him, she accepted. Ambrosio was a kind man and gave Annalisa an education and is the man who instilled in her the thirst for knowledge she now has. In return Annalisa was a good wife to her husband, she gave up her courtesan ways and remained faithful even after he died of pneumonia. After his uncle's death, King Lucio employed Annalisa as his personal ambassador: while it was odd for a woman to hold such a position, Lucio found it effective when dealing with old kings and nobles.

Additional Information (any relevant information not covered before): The entire reason behind Annalisa's visit is to strengthen the alliance between Italy and England

Last edited by HappyJinglez on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next