All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:06 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

To view the Interest Check, click here. This roleplay is currently at capacity. If you have interest in any future openings, please PM me - do not post in this thread.

Plot summary:

This roleplay is based off of those Paranormal Investigation/Ghost Hunting TV shows. For the roleplay itself, our characters will take on cases, much like they do in these shows - being asked for help by the owners of the houses or places involved in the case.

Characters:

A Historian (to make contacts and research the story of the place/house as far back as possible) - Taken, Sojourn;
A Psychic (to communicate with the spirits in the house and pick up any different feelings) - Taken, Shades;
A Priest or Priestess (of which religion is open to the taker, to purify the house and help clients get rid of evil presences) - Taken, Asterous;
A Detective (to connect with the police and find out about crimes that may be involved) - Free;
A Doctor (to look after the members in case they happen to get injured and require first aid and also to confirm any physical changes that the supernatural presence may cause, such as changes in temperature) - Taken, Bottlecap.

List of Character Sheets:

Historian: Katherine "Katie" Brooks
Psychic: Josephine Miller
Priest/Priestess: Jean Adisa Toussaint
Detective:
Doctor: Byron Theodore Curie

Character Sheet Template:
| +
[Picture]

Full name:
Current residence:

Relationship status:
Significant other, if applicable:
Parents:
Siblings:

Positive traits:
Negative traits:
Skills:
Quote(s):

Background:

Misc (any relevant information not covered before):

All right, folks, if you need help with anything about your characters, please do let me know! Once we have all the characters fully ready, I'll start working on the first post for the In-Character thread! Also, feel free to either post your characters here or in your own thread and link me up. Whatever works for you!

@Sojourn
@Asterous
@Bottlecap

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:13 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I'll try to get my character up tomorrow. =)

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:15 pm 

Sort of back.

No rush, twin! =)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:17 am 

Full name: Byron Theodore Curie
Birth place: Cincinnati, Ohio
Current residence: New York, New York

Relationship status: Single, widower
Significant other, if applicable: N/A
Parents: Louanne and Jason Curie
Siblings: N/A

Positive traits: Knowledgeable, Observant, and Kind. Byron has never been purposefully brash or rude, though he is ignorant of certain social norms. He is generally competent and pleasant.
Negative traits: Socially awkward, obsessive, and very soft spoken to the point of annoyance. He doesn't know how to speak his mind or properly articulate his feelings. This is why he chose the path of a medical examiner, as opposed to a family doctor.
Likes: Medical anomalies, science fiction, fine art and literature, random bits of world history, occult studies, ghost hunting. People who are easy to talk to.
Dislikes: Inequality, yelling, things that cannot be explained by logic and reason, loud noises, people who talk too much, yelling, animals, and yelling. He really does not like yelling.
Skills: First aid, dissection, psychological profile, observation and reason.
Quote(s): "Sometimes the dead make much more sense to me than the living."

Background: Byron grew up used to city life, raised in Cincinnati in a reasonably comfortable home. His parents were strict Catholics, and while Byron is not as devout as the two, he still regularly attends Mass. Graduating with AP honors and a fine intellect he had more than enough scholarship money to put himself through medical school. He majored in anatomy and post-mortom studies at Cornell, making his parents very proud. Too used to the concrete jungle to move somewhere less populated he saw only one course of action. To occupy his free time he began a video blog where he discussed science fiction elements of real life and modern culture. He became a decent star on YouTube in it's early years of exploding stars through college. He continued this hobby for a few years after. Byron moved to New York and had a healthy job assisting an examiner for one of the largest precincts in the city. He fell in love quickly with an outspoken intern at twenty five and the two clicked. This is where the descent into the supernatural begins. Byron's first YouTube video a year after, opening up about the incident, goes as follows:

Byron's room is viewed behind him, almost untouched as it was before. His eyes have a twinkle in them, but he has aged more than one would expect in only a year. He wears his hair at about two inches and shaggy, died an unnatural auburn. He did his usual introduction, but quickly grew quiet. He explained that he would like to get back into vlogging, and as he mentioned his hiatus in his last video a year prior, he didn't need to say much else.

"I..." He stopped short, and his face grew slightly dark. "I want to tell you all a story. It was a thursday. Marie and I were walking home from a bar. We had had a fight and I found her there drinking scotch. We drank together. We laughed together. We basically held each other up for three blocks trying to get home." Byron seemed to fight back tears for a moment and choked on his words, but quickly sucked up and went back to talking. "A man with a knife grabbed her from me out of nowhere. She was too drunk to do anything worthwhile. He didn't even have time to say anything. His hand slipped. He cut her throat. The guy ran off and I... I just cried. I held her in my arms." The video seemed to skip, obviously edited past something." "For a month I went to work, and came home. After the funeral I didn't interact. Spoke as little as possible. After two more I couldn't take it any longer. I had a bowl of pills ready." He looked at the camera with almost a wistful smile. "But when I went to take them, there was a hand on my wrist. I had my eyes closed so I didn't see at first. When i looked in the mirror, she was there. She looked like she'd been crying. She looked right at me. I turned around and... and she was gone." The video cuts again. "I believe in ghosts. I've seen her. Marie. I spoke to her. She... She didn't speak back." He seemed to laugh with these last words. "But I promised her I wouldn't try again. I've moved on and I think she has too. I've been researching. I'm going to keep a video diary. I've found a team of," He laughed again, as 'paranormal investigators' seemed like such a fake term. "Team of people who travel for this sort of thing. I've reached out to them. Thought maybe they could use a doctor. So, episode one, over."

Since then Byron has traveled with the team keeping his video diary. With over one million followers he has amassed a fanbase for the team, though they rarely appear in the documents as little more than interviews. The videos are a hobby all his own, mostly detached from the rest of the team. He does not bring filming equipment with them as they do more to obstruct investigation than help them. Other than this Byron occupies his time with random videos discussing current events and life choices peppered into his regular vlogs. What truly interests him is the medicinal aspect of ghosts. The soul. He wonders personally, like so many other doctors and scientists, if he can link these spirits and happening to the biological and mental worlds.

(I didn't know how much of the vlogging aspect i could take artistic liberty with, but i thought it might be a fun story aspect to put in and perhaps add easy commentary. If you don't think this would be a good aspect at all i could easily edit his history to have the story of his love dying and the suicide attempt without the video and reaching out to the team.)

Last edited by Bottlecap on Mon May 30, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:25 am 

Sort of back.

Will send you a PM up in a few, after I'm done reading. =)

View Likes PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:55 pm 

Work was insane today and I had no time to think about my character. So sorry. I'll get a CS up soon.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:32 pm 

Sort of back.

No rush, twin!

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:13 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Despite my sick idled brain I got it done! Hopefully everything fits, if not let me know and I'll make the necessary changes.

Full Name: Jean Adisa Toussaint
Birthplace: Cité Soleil, Haiti
Current Residence: New Orleans, Louisiana

Relationship Status: Engaged
Significant Other: Anabelle Irelus-Raynal
Parents: Catheline Dabrezil & Ricardo Toussaint (Deceased)
Siblings: Kensia Dabrezil (Half-sister) (Deceased), Pierre Dabrezil (Half-brother)

Positive Traits: Patient, Confident, Ambitious
Negative Traits: Arrogant, Stubborn, Bold (somewhat)
Dislikes: Imposters, Recklessness, Cats
Skills: Memorization, Meditation, Multilingual
Quote(s): "Unless you understand it, I would advise against touching it."

Background:
Jean was born into a poor family in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city, his mother having died during childbirth. When he was seven years old his father got into a relationship with his step-mom and had his two half-siblings. Being the eldest of the kids he was often tasked with looking after them while their parents worked to make any sort of living and bring home enough food for the five of them.

During an outing with his siblings, the three stumbled upon a group of traveling performers; Kensia and Pierre were immediately drawn to the bright colours of the dancers and jugglers, while Jean was more interested in the almost skeletal figure of an old woman, hunched over in the back of a wagon, an assortment of amulets and beads adorning her neck and wrists. He soon discovered that she was a voodoo priestess and was offered a reading from her. Taking a seat beside her, he felt her cool fingers brush his brow, resting on his temples. Her cloudy eyes regarded him with a mix of curiosity and interest. Feeling more than a little uncomfortable Jean hastily stood, apologizing to the woman before heading in search of his siblings.

That night he had a dream, the same old woman from the travelers gave him an amulet which she placed around his neck. Before he could ask what it was for she smiled and vanished, leaving nothing but a wisp of smoke in her wake. Upon asking around, it was discovered that the amulet he described was one given to voodoo priests upon completion of their training and acceptance into the practice. Taking this as a sign Jean found a priest who was willing to teach him a few things upon hearing about the dream. Under his guiding hands, Jean began to practice the art of voodoo, becoming deeply rooted in the beliefs and customs of the religion.

By his late teens, Jean had become well versed in voodoo and had even began helping his mentor with certain minor spells and incantations. His parents didn't approve of what he was doing but didn't complain as it brought some coin into the family. When Jean reached the age where he could leave home, he promised his family that he would help them -- he would make money and send it to them, they wouldn't need to live like this anymore. He had heard whispering of a place in the United States where voodoo practices were common and where people payed large sums of money for minor things. New Orleans.

When he arrived he was more than a little intimidated by the sheer number of other "priests" and spell castors but stuck it out. He moved into a small apartment and worked from there, occasionally traveling to bars and such where a pretty penny was easily earned. It was in one such place where he met his future fiancee, Anabelle, who was looking for people just the same as he was. She was a novice priestess, just finishing her apprenticeship here in the city. The two soon became business partners before becoming more intimate towards each other.

Anabelle had since moved in with Jean and the two were getting along perfectly until news came from his family. His father had already passed a few years ago, but now his little sister had also passed. Distraught and feeling guilty -- he blamed himself for her sickness -- Jean stopped his practices, even thought about giving it up -- how could the spirits have allowed such a thing to happen? Was he not performing properly? Had he angered one of them?

It was in a dream where his scattered thoughts were sorted. His sister appeared to him, telling him it was not his fault and that he should go on doing what he loved, and helping other people. Taking this to heart, Jean restarted his practices and vowed to help others, people and spirit, who may be in similar cases.

Misc: He had an irrational fear of cats, believing them to be bearers of bad luck and omens.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:37 am 

Sort of back.

Good one! I really like Jean! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:49 pm 

Here's is my WIP CS. Let me know if I need to make changes. =)

Full name: Katherine "Katie" Brooks
Birth place: Cleveland, Ohio
Current residence: New Hope, Pennsylvania

Relationship status: Married
Significant other, if applicable: Dylan Brooks
Parents: Ross and Sue Stall
Siblings: Ross Junior and Roger Stall

Positive traits: Friendly, observant, intelligent, very thorough with research
Negative traits: Stubborn, short tempered, jealous
Dislikes: Rude people, cell phones, dumb drivers
Skills: Computer skills and good with talking to people
Quote(s): "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

Background: Since Katie's grandmother died when she was seven, she has always been interested in the paranormal. Although she grew up in a household who told her spirits were not real. Katie believed that there was more to life then what she had been taught. Although it wasn't until she grew up and left her parents' home, did she try to learn more about the paranormal.

In college, she met her husband, Dylan. He shared her interest in the paranormal and they would watch the television shows together. Her first true paranormal experience was during the day when she and Dylan were browsing a graveyard. She made the comment that it was sad that a family had to bury to two little children with in days of each other. She still cannot explain it, but Katie felt someone touch her hand. It was like walking into a spider web but that wasn't possible because there were no trees or bushes nearby.

Katie and Dylan married after college and have one son together, a boy named Sam. They settled in New Hope, Pennsylvania. Katie works at the local children's museum. Her husband, works for the city's heritage railroad.

Misc (any relevant information not covered before): While Katie believes in ghosts, she is also a skeptic. She does not believe everything is haunted.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:53 pm 

Sort of back.

No changes required at all, twin! I'll start working on the IC, should be up somewhere from here to the weekend! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:05 pm 

Awesome. Glad you like my character and I'm excited for this to begin. No rush on the IC, though. =)

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:43 pm 

Sort of back.

I have been sick, so my schedule got thrown out a little, but I'm still hoping I'l have the IC ready soon, next week at the latest.
Also, we're having a last minute addition (I swear I didn't make any threats) - @Eferhilda will be giving us the pleasure of joining our little team.
XD

So we're also giving her some time to work on her character, but I'll be preparing to launch the IC as soon as possible.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:44 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Yay

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:01 pm 

Sort of back.

Welcome aboard! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:09 pm 

Sort of back.

Linked the character sheets on the first post, and will begin working slowly on my first post so we can start as soon as possible! These posts will be for establishing characters, so if anyone wants to start thinking of their character, it would see them in 'normal' situations, in down time after the latest job, before we start on the first investigation they will do in character.

=)

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:28 am 

Sort of back.

Already have a pretty solid idea for the first post, it's nearly ready!
As soon as Efer has her character up, I'll probably be ready to go.

I'm at my mom's right now, but as soon as I get back home, I'll probably hit all of you up with PMs about stuff for the initial post, so nobody is left at the dark!

@Eferhilda - Might hit you up over Skype tonight, or tomorrow, for some plotting funsies. XD

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:10 pm 

Sort of back.

All right, PMs sent to everyone. Sorry about the delay!

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:16 pm 

No worries, good stories are worth waiting for.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:26 pm 

Sort of back.

Thanks, twin! =)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next