All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:41 pm 

Medals: 2
Original Character (1) December 2015 (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Story Outline (as created collaboratively by Cotton and Turtle :D)

Grim reapers; the servants or slaves that harvest awaiting souls of this Kingdom in the background…

Two children grew up amongst the servants, orphan workers and slaves in the Kingdom of Gale, at the castle of a king, living separate lives as children who eventually died young in poverty. But alas, the story needn’t end there just yet, as their souls were restless and in their desperate state to live more fulfilling lives, signed a contract with a society of underworld grim reapers. The main rules of such a contract were as follows:

1. Grim reapers were to come in pairs and as such, the two souls would return together as humans in disguise to reap souls from the shadows.
2. A newfound dark sorcery would be bestowed upon them, enabling them to watch the lives of the people they reap in a movie-like fashion. This magic cannot be used outside of their objectives and hidden job.

Meanwhile, after the demise of a related Duke, tension builds as the king finds himself in a prickly situation. There's a dragon stealing all of his gold and fair maidens, and the people are clamoring for a champion to vanquish the dragon! The king, in desperation with no eligible warriors, randomly pulls these grim reaper children into a new contract, unknowing of their true identities - they must go and try to defeat the dragon. Announcing this publicly, the children venture forth, along the way trying to deal with their new-found fame, their inexperience with battling and both of their pair-bound underworld and earthly contracts as they grow to understand each other. But is everything all that it seems when the dragon can 'sense' this newfound innate power within the grim reapers? Could the King's plan be something deeper than a random investment?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:55 am 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Peep peep! Making way for the lovely Bill, who shall be detailed here soon!

Name: Bill of Stamm
Appearance: Short and a little grumpy looking, Bill has dark thick eyebrows, and red hair that looks similar to a sheep's, long enough for the waves to start but not much longer than the length of an index finger. He has bangs that frame his face and wisp upwards at the ends. He is of a pale complexion, but has no freckles. His eyes are dark green-hazel. He wears the traditional servant's garb, which is a plain tan tunic and brown pants. He also wears a left shoulder-piece of sheep's wool, as well as resting ****ing face, unless he happens to be with Beatrice (which is almost always) when it will be traded in for a cheeky smile. His Reaper's weapon is a shepherd's axe which, when tied to his belt, looks like a simple walking stick or pole.
Personality: Bill is moody, thoughtful, and easily contrite, tending to be more pacifistic in certain situations when it comes to hurting people or their feelings. If facing a challenge, however, he can be an enthusiastic handful, excited to learn and poke things out of curiosity. He can be snarky at times when he's feeling comfortable. Bill is also disapproving of Bea's use of bad language, and will cover his ears or tut in a mildly sarcastic manner.
Reason for becoming a Grim Reaper: The feeling of being a failure; that he didn't do enough.

Went for souper basic here, I'm just excited to get started xD

Last edited by Cotton on Sun May 22, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:45 pm 

Cotton wrote:
as well as resting ****ing face

I love this kid already xD
And having a brief CS is a good idea, since it'll be fun to have them discover each other better IC~ Excited about this too, Cotton buddy!

Name: Beatrice, though prefers to be called 'Bea'.
Appearance: A little taller than Bill by about half a forehead, her body is little but stubborn with strong, grubby hands and a daring stance. She has long, dark brown hair tied into two intricate pigtail braids, falling beside her heart-shaped face, past muddy brown eyes and down to her waist. She has naturally fair toned skin with a speckling of small, brown circular moles about her arms and neck. She wears typical peasant clothing: a pale grey dress with strings that criss-cross her chest in a corset-style fashion, atop an off white blouse. The skirt of her clothes are high waisted and held up by a worn leather strap. Wears brown leather gloves to wield a steel sword as her reaping weapon, thin enough to be hidden from plain sight under her pull-apart dress.
Personality: Beatrice tries to be an optimistic yet straightforward and open-minded sort; a bubbly, seizing-the-moment attitude that perhaps seems to rub off on Bill. In another lifetime, Beatrice believes she would’ve been a charming princess or noble at the heart of social parties, with a love for beautiful things and the elegance of dance in her step. However, she has tucked these thoughts to the back of her mind, using her flexibility and energy as a peasant orphan to practise more practical trades such as cleaning and street smart thieving from time to time. She is easily irritated and sensitive by those who think themselves better than anyone else, not afraid of putting up a fight and being rowdy or unladylike. A potty mouth tends to escape her from time to time, speaking with ‘uneducated’ vocabulary that’s easily swayed by her emotions.
Reason for becoming a Grim Reaper: The desire to live a more fulfilling and prosperous life, excited by the idea that she could live vicariously through watching the lives of the people she reaps.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:52 pm 

I am a sufferer of RBS syndrome myself. So many people come up to me asking "are you okay?" when I'm chill or neutral.
I love her. I really like the nickname Bea. Might have to add clothes description for Bill (was too lazy to do research xD), and are their weapons matching? And, who shall start us off? If it helps, I wouldn't mind.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:55 pm 

Lol aw yeah I feel you, I think I have a similar condition but with looking depressed xD
You can pick whatever weapon you wish, as long as the concept of extracting souls upon contact is the standard way of using the magic, I reckon. If you don't mind, you may start us off. :D

View Likes PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:59 pm 

Okey-doke, I'll work on the post as I can and try not to split from excitement
Bill's weapon will be a real-ass gun you can't stop me
Actually I'll probably just go with a sword or hammer, no guns xD

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:01 am 

Whoop whoop! <3

you wanna see magic? I 'ave it right here, in my real-ass gun, pew pew!

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:24 am 

Do you know of Dodger and / or Hustle Cat? 10/10 stuff many real-ass guns

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:28 am 

omg yesss! Octo and Dodger doing that sim together is the best thing ahahah. Finley's character got 1000x better with a real-ass gun xD

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:34 am 

I found a Dodger fan in the wild what a miracle
Every time they say Bl@st Zone I really want them to pronounce it properly as "blatst zone". Octo is a top notch voice actor and I love it so much. I hope they do Reese's route because everyone seems to have a talent in their intros, like Mason's name written on a cake, Landry carved on wood, then Reese's scribbled on a bit of lined paper xD and the nerd alerts make me cry laughing every time I forget about it then it comes up again
I'm just waiting for precious Dandelion to come back around again ;^; I haven't looked up any of the routes besides Jisoo's bad end (holy crap by the way) and it's killing meeee
I have so much to say about this topic lol

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:17 am 

Oh yes I forgot about the nerd alert, it's too good xDD I really want to see them do the Graves end too! So awesome to meet someone interested in them and these silly dating sims; we are rare precious bird butts man

Cry was also brilliant in Dandelion and there are too many memorable moments in there, I hope it comes back soon too! Pickin' up dust and giving people necklaces that they have - sweet Heejung and her precious voice hahah

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:27 am 

We're just like two big ol' peas in a pod <:
Lady Dracula, Graves' cat, is exactly what my old cat was like and I wanted to snuggle her grumpy old butt so much. I don't really play any dating sims but I love watching youtubers have fun playing them and occasionally take the ****. My personal favourite was Lily's voice in Dandelion. "What's wrong, brother?" It was so funny I thought I'd pass out laughing. I think there was another series, Amnesia, that she started but as of yet hasn't continued that I really liked because of her stellar Russian accent and her use of the beautiful name Fartlily.
Do you follow any other gaming youtubers, or youtubers in general? I watch a handful of gaming channels, skit-based ones, and some art ones.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:45 am 

Dodger's many voices are superb, aren't they xD and awww your cat sounds adorable in that case!
I mainly follow the members of the The Cooptional Podcast's channels and Polaris in terms of gaming. I've also been long following Wong Fu Productions and that whole group on Youtube of popular collaborators (I don't know much about kpop but their BgA collab with Ryan Higa and the like was hilarious ahah). There are so many amazing art and music channels too; insaneintherainmusic makes brilliant jazz arrangements. Being a fan of Vocaloid and game music, I also really enjoy listening to a few English and Japanese cover artists that make their way to YouTube. Lol writing it all out like this makes me realise just how much time I spend watching these videos haha

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:59 am 

Yeah, I watched that! I follow Ryan so that's who I came to that video through. He's a funny guy, and keeps at the skits and creative things where a lot of other youtubers are falling to challenges and react-like videos where they don't really fully create their own content, just play off constructs and other people's. I used to follow Matthias pretty close but now he's mostly doing those types of videos and I'm just not interested. He did do these really funny challenges with Markiplier and his gang. They're the kind of videos you can watch over and over again and still laugh.
Ooh, Vocaloid! I like Vocaloid too, just for the sheer amount of different styles and genres you can find within it. I'm a fan of Nekomura Iroha and 96neko myself. Ironically not as much into Miku. I like listening to music in different languages, because I love the sound of the voice but don't get sidetracked by the lyrics.
For an art channel I super recommend Doodle Date. It's this British couple that draw and chat, and they're super cute and it doesn't really focus on skill, they make mistakes all the time but have a lot of fun. It's relaxing to watch, and a really big encourager and inspiration to me.
A new episode of Hustle Cat was just uploaded so I'm going to watch that and then finally go to bed and hopefully work on the post tomorrow! <3

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:26 am 

Ah awesome! You have good taste hah c; I'll definitely check out Doodle Date because it sounds adorable.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:40 pm 

eyyyyyyy

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:22 am 

Niceeeee! :D
By the way, just letting you know that I'm going on a 3 day school camp starting tomorrow so if you don't hear from me much @Cotton that'll be the reason. ^^