All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:43 pm 

Wifi is iffy until April 15th and then it might be gone. Please bare with me as I try to get replies in, everyone :)

Blog: View Blog (0)

July 10th, 2024

Specimen survival rate has increased from 10% to 15%. The spike in the percentages is uncanny and most of the other scientists are celebrating and rejoicing at the success the facility is having. Experiments that are apart of the Doberman Project are beginning to get antsy for experiments to fail that an incident happened at 5am just before the majority of scientists had appeared. Specimen 438 was killing in his containment cage by subject 41 who was part of the Doberman project. 41 gave the excuse of needing new prey that the facility wasn't providing in the recent spike of surviving experiments. Subject 41 has been contained until such a time where he has calmed down.

Today's casualties and ill fated projects:
9 Deaths and only 2 specimen left in the Chapman project. Chapman's might be terminated within the weak.
July 11th, 2024

Today tests in all fields were terminated due to a gas leak on the main floor. Tests will continue tomorrow after the leak has been taken care of and all experiments in the Elektra project have been relocated to keep them from interacting with the leakage. Scientists are now becoming nervous from the words some specimens are saying and have requested a lock down on the facility to prevent further problems from happening. Higher-ups refused.

Today's casualties and ill fated projects:
2 Deaths and the Ro project has been terminated.
July 12th, 2024

My name is Felicia Harring and I'm writing this from under a table on floor 3. Someone from floor 1 made a mistake and an experiment was left lose. It is currently rampaging around in the building trying to find the head scientist at the facility. Jenova left hours ago and has been told to stay away from the place until they can recapture the specimen and terminate it. I fear though that this incident was planned by the experiments... The one looking for Jenova is freeing other specimen as it roams.

These could the last of the facility and we may be forced to sent the Doberman project to exterminate all creatures that were freed. We may not be able to defend ourselves from this upcoming war anymore...

This is the end of Felicia Harring's journal

Congratulations! You, who could be a test tube baby or your mom needed a little extra cash in her wallet, have successfully escaped from this hell hole that sits in Death Valley, Nevada. After years of being trapped in cages or sometimes in locked white rooms with a straitjacket, you are able to free yourself because of someone who named themselves "The Stormbringer". Maybe you had heard his number 928 a few times or the tale that fluttered around the facility about his aggression towards the head scientist, but either way he was your savior.

All right, so you and a small group made it out of this place alive, now you're in the blistering heat of the desert they kept you in at the prime of summer. You've got rags or a jacket for clothing and the ground is sprinkled with foliage while the facility you were raised in is just out of sight from you. You don't know how to live on your own nor do you know why you're here to begin with. You could have some creative idea as to what to do now, but maybe you don't and your just standing there experiencing something new. Freedom.

Plot

All right, welcome to your first day of freedom! From this day forward you have to try and survive either alone or with the meager amount of experiments who escaped with you. Might be more beneficial to stay even if solitude would ease your nerves more.

Not only do you have the need to keep yourself alive but you know of a bigger threat to you than just starvation. You know what the Doberman project was created for. It was to keep escaped specimen from being found by the public later on. One would think these creatures had their DNA spliced with a dog, right? In fact, this project was named by the male who came up with the design and complexity of the mutated species. Don't expect to be hunted by a large dog. Expect to be eaten by a feral abomination.

The fun doesn't stop there though! You had a reason for being created. Don't you feel special? War was anticipated in 2023 because of China expressing their disdain for America. The large population of the country was ready to get rid of the US and the only thing keeping them at bay was time. They wanted to finish a project of their own before dispersing the nation that gave so much freedom to its people. Well, freedom to non-mutants at least.
Rules

Easiest section of this rp to follow, I assure you!
  • Follow the sites rules that are always in place.
  • After seven days of inactivity from a member in this rp, I will send a pm asking what's going on. I understand life gets in the way so I am very patient and hopefully anyone joining this is also just as patient. I do like to know what is causing problems and delays though.
  • Before posting, make sure I have approved your character and your name is on the roster please!
  • If you aren't having fun, let me know why. I want this to be an enjoyable roleplay and not one that becomes a chore to reply to :)
  • Your character can be from 9 to 25, it's up to you. I put this rule because seeing an old man as an experiment doesn't seem... feasible I guess. Everyone is unstable and who knows? Some might not last to be 30 years old.
  • Be creative with this. The point of having projects is to let your thoughts of fantasy collide with Science a bit :) If you can come up with a way to water bend, all the more power to you! I love seeing what people come up with.

Roster
Skylar Lara Clark=Played by DragonMusic
Tris Elzen=Played by FawnChaser
Arisia Maylinde=Played by FawnChaser
Salem Grace=Played by extraordinaiinsley
Slot 5
Slot 6
Slot 7
Slot 8

Character Sheet

Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Project[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]History[/b](Optional):
[b]Other[/b]:
Projects

Some experiments were categorized and have specific reasons for being created just like those in the Doberman project. In Felicia's notes you read about several of these projects that were terminated or made so I'll quickly explain each other. If you want your character to be in a certain project or you have an idea of your own, lemme know!

Doberman- Founded by Jerry Doberman. He wanted a creature that was powerful but not all brawn. He wanted something clever. He spliced a human fetus with a wolverine's DNA and the results were amazing. Unlike what they had previously done with bears and wolves, the mutant was subtle and those part of the project could easily pass as flawless humans. They were powerful creatures and the only thing that distinguished them from regular humans was their jawline. These specimen have powerful jaws that can chew through bone and flesh like it's nothing. Their teeth and appetite are what scare most who want to leave the place.

Chapman- Founded by Louis Chapman. The project was to give life to a new age of frontline fighters that could take severe hits because of a hardened skin and adaptability the elements to keep them surviving through the harshest climates. They tried splicing insects with exoskeletons into humans to create a denser skin and a lot of specimen were morphed into grotesque creations of man and bug. The appearance frightened many of the scientists that they decided this should be the end of the Chapman project. Perhaps later on they will be able to get better results.

Elektra- Name the greek language meaning "The Fiery Sun". Those in this project were to become a new age of fire power to humans. Instead of ammo and guns, these experiments can harness the molecules of flammable objects and set them aflame. Lots of work is put into this project since they can be very useful against enemies but also cause danger to the scientists. Instead of cages, Elektra experiments were put in metal rooms that weren't easy to set on fire.

Ro- Founded by Jessica Ro. She wanted to created something that could help humans understand the brains of both humans and creatures alike. It was a side project and was terminated because of the budget and because any animal she tried to mutate past away without showing signs of telepathy, increased brain activity, or other mind abilities she wanted. -Terminated-

Halo Project- Named after the circular light that appears over angel's heads. Humans used in this experiment are normally spliced with different types of birds. Specimen in the beginning were unable to fly and their wings were like decoration. Later versions of this experiments have developed hollow bones to help them fly as well as strong appetites. All specimen from this group who have gained the ability to fly have had their wings clipped at the ends to keep them from escaping. The only time this project is allowed to fly is in the small enclosure they used to test if they can fly in the beginning.

Serpentine Project- It was an attempt to create a mutant that could easily infiltrate enemy bases and was created to be as stealthy as possible. The project infused human DNA with that of a snake and a few other trace amounts of other animals. It was an old experiment, and the creator, Markus Johnson, claimed that the results would take years before showing any real results. So they tested on young infants and left them for years to track progress. Those who were tested on have fangs resembling a snake's, and also has the added bonus of deadly poison if mature enough. Experiments also had some stunted growth, leading them fairly petite.

Questions? I don't bite!

Last edited by DragonMusic on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:19 pm 

Wifi is iffy until April 15th and then it might be gone. Please bare with me as I try to get replies in, everyone :)

Name: Skylar Lara Clark
Project: Halo Project- Named after the circular light that appears over angel's heads. Humans used in this experiment are normally spliced with different types of birds. Specimen in the beginning were unable to fly and their wings were like decoration and Skylar was one of the first experiments to have hollowed bones to fly. All specimen from this group who have gained the ability to fly have had their wings clipped at the ends to keep them from escaping. The only time this project is allowed to fly is in the small enclosure they used to test if they can fly in the beginning.
Appearance:With black hair that reaches to the middle of her back and rich blue eyes, Skylar is a slender built female. Her cheekbones are prominent and her lips are full. Her pale skin easily tans and rarely does she ever end up with a sunburn. She stands at about 5'7" with a straight back and proper posture. Sky carries herself with confidence and takes pride in her looks. On her back are a pair of caramel wings with black speckles scattered on them. The ends of the wings seemed to have been dipped in white paint and her wing span is 10'9".

As for what she wears, as of now she has a dirt ridden, white tank top and blue jeans with holes in the knees and the bottoms are shredded. Her hair is normally in a ponytail, the holder for it being a little black hairtie that someone dropped one day in the lab. She doesn't wear shoes nor socks and the bottom of her feet are rough.
History(Optional): Skylar had an odd and terrified life. Before she was even born, her family was poor. They wanted to keep their daughter, but they knew they couldn't afford another mouth to feed. A male found the couple one day and offered them help if the proud parents would let them test a new vaccine on the little fetus inside the mother. They were hesitant as they accepted, knowing the man would help them with money. Desperate for that help they were brought into a small facility that was similar to a hospital and let them do a few tests.

They were told to come back every once in awhile and let more tests and another shot be administered. The couple nodded and smiled shakily. Over the years after she had been born, there were knobs on the back of her that no one could explain. At the age of 5 those knobs had grown into small wings and it terrified her family. Before 5, her mother had passed on from a severe sickness that might have been dormant from when she had the baby girl. The scientists had a call from the father with him yelling about fixing his daughter and they told him it would cost a lot of money and she could die in the process. Instead of such a tragic end, he was given the offer to give his daughter to them to keep her well. Without any other choice, he accepted and from then on she was in a cage in this hell hole.

Well, till The Stormbringer helped her escaped.
Other: Sky has a personality that is cocky and some might call her stupid for some of her actions. She always pulls through for those she cares about though.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:11 pm 

All right, extra! Hopefully everything is going all right for you since I haven't seen you around in awhile :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:20 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

Subject 0767996: The Final Surviving Subject of Ro.
Name: Tris. Subject 0767996.
Project: Ro- Founded by Jessica Ro. She wanted to created something that could help humans understand the brains of both humans and creatures alike. It was a side project and was terminated because of the budget and because any animal she tried to mutate past away without showing signs of telepathy, increased brain activity, or other mind abilities she wanted. -Terminated- (Abilities checked with DragonMusic.)
Appearance:
Tris has dark red hair and deep emerald green eyes. She's very skinny, about 2'5''. Due to her tiny physique, she can be rather useless in a fight. The child is pale due to being kept inside much of the time and she looks tired and has dark circles under her eyes most of the time. She has straight hair that reaches down to her shoulders and piercing eyes; her face is gaunt and she'd almost look starved.

She'd be dressed in a slightly torn straitjacket. Her hair would be tied back with a strip of cloth ripped off of the straight jacket. She'd have a gash on her left thigh and another on her lower right leg.

History(Optional): Tris was the daughter of a young street psychic. The street woman had been out of work and when she was approached about selling her daughter, she readily agreed, as she hated the child for being the product of a rape. Tris was raised in a small steel room, injected with a variety of things. At age four, she began to demonstrate an almost psychic attunement to the feelings of those around her, and in some cases, she could almost tell what they were thinking. When given tests around animals, she could easily determine what sort of mood the pet was in and care for its needs with little to no prodding.

When the project was terminated, she was left in a steel gray room and fed a small meal a day while the scientists determined what should be done with her. Before her fate could be decided, she was rescued by another clone. She didn't know his name/number, as she had been isolated from everything in the tiny steel room.

Other: Tris will not speak to anyone at all. She is mute, by choice.

Subject 996: Halo Project.
Name: Arisia Maylinde.
Project: Halo Project- Named after the circular light that appears over angel's heads. Humans used in this experiment are normally spliced with different types of birds. Specimen in the beginning were unable to fly and their wings were like decoration. Later versions of this experiments have developed hollow bones to help them fly as well as strong appetites. All specimen from this group who have gained the ability to fly have had their wings clipped at the ends to keep them from escaping. The only time this project is allowed to fly is in the small enclosure they used to test if they can fly in the beginning.
Appearance:
With strong shoulders and broad black wings, Arisia stands taller than most at her age. She is about 5'7'', with a surprisingly large wingspan of 12 ft. She has curly blond hair that drops in wild ringlets down to her upper back and shoulder bones. She is also fairly pale. The teen mutant has dark blue eyes that seem to pierce into you when she looks at you.

Arisia wears a torn and ragged hospital gown. She also stole a makeshift pair of trousers from one of the fallen scientists, tying a random strap of cloth around her waist to hold them off and tearing the excess material off at the knees.

History(Optional):
Arisia had the misfortune of being the child of a very poor family that sold her into the project. Upon being born, she had strange shapes seeming to grow from her back. Around age 3, she grew wings. At this stage, the family deserted her in an old cardboard box left in a river. She flew to safety only to be captured by one of the project members. She was taken into custody and slowly grew up.

At age ten, Arisia was taken to have her wings clipped. When she learned that she could no longer fly, Arisia began to eat less and refused to listen to her captors or speak. She has become highly suicidal and depressed, generally laying in her cage. She has no liking of the scientists and plans on ripping them to pieces or dying herself. She was rescued on her birthday, not that she knows this, and followed the other mutants out in something of a haze.

Other: Arisia is used to being caged and has grown depressed and suicidal, as a result.

Last edited by FawnChaser on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:07 am 

All three accepted! ^^ And extra, I actually hoped to see people come up with new projects! The ones at the top are to get you thinking or if someone likes the idea behind them. I like the Serpentine Project myself and will be putting it up at the top as one of the projects that were made :) This was a huge facility and they had many ideas to mutate humans into creations that were more powerful than humans.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:57 am 

IC has finally been created ^^ Sorry you two for the wait! viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49522

Anyone who still wishes to join is welcome. I have made it so the amount of people in the rp was in the air so more could join later if they desired. Right now I have 4 spots open and if I decide I want even more people, I don't mind increasing the amount of people especially if some want to rp with more than one character.

For FawnChaser and Extra, I'm excited to see how you two get out of the facility and make it to the outside world :P I plan for Sky to stop moving when she can only see the place on the horizon and then she will be searching for others. She knows she can't fend for herself and if she finds Tris first she's helping her without question. How you guys decide to find one another of myself is up to you ^^ Happy writing! PM me if you have any questions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:36 am 

Do we have a posting order then?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 am 

I would say just as long as all three people have posted then it is okay to post again. So say... we got a set done already at the moment. So the next three posts would be in whatever order. Though with the circumstances of the characters finding mine, I will humbly reply next ^^ Love the replies though guys! This is definitely going to be fun. Will be replying tonight.

Edit: Okay, so I didn't get it done that night. Now it's done though :P Sorry about that you guys. Been having a rough time lately and just got back into the swing of things. Shouldn't take nearly as long next time!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:06 pm 

I'll let Extra post first in that case. :_)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:58 pm 

RN (Ratchet Nurse)

Global Moderator

Medals: 8
Funniest Member (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

*inserts helpful tool*

Tired of your post disappearing? Fed up with lost hopes and dreams?! Throw away your frustrations and sorrow with the Lazarus Form recovery add on!!! For just 5 easy payments of $19.99 you can forget about ever having to lose a post again!

Add on is actually free of charge and available for both chrome and firefox...get it today! :p

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -recovery/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fgno?hl=en

TWERk twERK tWeRK | +
Fire, fire burning bright,
Turn my darkness into light!
Take away my bad luck and ill,
Now bring me nothing but goodwill.
Bad luck came and stayed too long,
Be gone forever, be gone, be gone!
With this fire burning bright,
Bring me good luck, bring me light!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:07 pm 

*Blinks* Why is he advertising on our thread?

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:48 pm 

RN (Ratchet Nurse)

Global Moderator

Lol no it was just a joke. xD Sorry if it seemed strange, Lazarus is a free tool that you can add to your browser and it will save all the text you type so like, if you were typing a really long post and you got auto logged out or your page refreshed and you lost all your work you can just click the icon in the top right of the text field and it will bring back all your hard typed work since it saves it in live time. It's free (that's what I put in the small font to be funny) and it has saved me LOADs of time. :)

TWERk twERK tWeRK | +

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:06 pm 

Okay, hello! Sorry I have been rather quiet. Been dealing with some stuff but I SHOULD be okay.

Also have to admit I have heard tales of the elusive @Leumas who appears only to those who have done wrong. Like not having a long enough post in Alpha and other stuff. So... seeing that I had a notification about this shady creature who lurks the threads... Holy crap I was worried what I had done! Thanks for keeping me on my toes there, Leumas.

As for posting order, I want to make mention that I would like it if FawnChaser replied before I did just so everyone is together and I can answer the obvious questions the characters will probably be asking unless Fawn would really like it if I replied first :) I just thought it might be easier to get answers for all the mutants and then... maybe have some excitement happen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:45 pm 

Okay. Good to know. I'll try and reply then. Give me a few days.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:47 pm 

RN (Ratchet Nurse)

Global Moderator

@DragonMusic LOL, you have no idea how much I enjoy being viewed as a scary minotaur BAT from hell! *obligatory ka-kaw noises*

TWERk twERK tWeRK | +

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:39 pm 

Posting here so everyone knows I'm alive. I have been waiting to hear anything from FawnChaser and I don't know what is going on with them currently. I have also been having moving trouble, but I should have that settled in the end of the upcoming week. Then I will be figuring out what will be happening with the group and the like.

I apologize for my absence, I promise I will be continuing this rp and I won't let it die so easy unless people have lost interest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:19 pm 

I've not lost interest. I'm drafting a response and should post tomorrow. Sorry for all the chaos. Really hard few weeks right now, as I placed in status. It's a bunch of tests and craziness but I'm never gone. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:43 pm 

Okay. I've got half of my post done. I'm slightly confused with how Salem was interacting with Tris so need to resolve that in my weird head. *deep breaths* XD

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:07 pm 

Sorry for the really long wait. I've replied recently though. :) How are you both?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:25 pm 

*Sleepily wanders in* I hope this didn't die. I really do love the story and want to continue. :)