All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:40 pm 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

What is this place, you ask? Not quite sure myself. I can't remember when I took over the place, but I remember it being a wondrous adventure!

The Wandering Wolf Inn! The finest ale! The sweetest Wine! The most comfortable accommodations you will find in the entire Universe across any dimension! Our modern accommodations offer a luxurious cafe like setting, with polished black and white tiled floors, ornate metal and marble tables and the finest drapery you have ever seen. We also offer a comfortable lounging area with plush couches and a marble fireplace. What? Did I not mention how to find it? Did I not say where this fine establishment is?

It's everywhere....

Now, I'm not sure how it works exactly. I don't know if it's super advanced technology, high level magic, or just space and time gone mad, but the front door, you see, the only door into and out of the establishment, connects to anywhere. You see most stores and shops open their front doors and they are greeted with a bustling street, a busy town, or maybe even an empty alleyway, but not this one.

Our front door opens to everywhere.

I shouldn't say everywhere, exactly. No, it's more that it connects to anywhere and different time periods. It randomly opens to different doors around the world, around the Universe, and sometimes, more often than not, other Universes as well. You could think you're walking into a coffee shop in downtown Detroit and find us. You could be a weary mage traveling for days and think you're walking into a run down Tavern, yet here we are. I've had patrons visit when they thought they were entering their officer's lounge of their intergalactic star ship.

You see, every time that front door opens, it could lead anywhere and to any time.

I know what you must be thinking. How to people get home once they visit? I believe the door is sort of smart in a way. Maybe it's a bio metric scanner in the handle, or it senses your Aura or something. I don't know. But I've been told that when patrons leave this place, they find themselves exiting the same exact door they came here though. Yet as soon as that door closes, the connection is lost and the door opens to where it should.

So, by the laws of probability, one would think that if they ever visit the Wandering Wolf Inn, it would be their first and their last visit. If the connection to here is random and it has the whole of existence to chance upon, then the chance one could find this connection twice in their lifetime would be negligible.

This is why I sometimes give them keys.

A key from me is almost a sacred thing. Yes, I do believe I have an unlimited amount, but it's a free pass back to the Inn and all of it's wonders. It's an artifact granting passage to a safe place where help is offered. All one has to do is insert the key in any keyhole, and open the door. You can even draw a door in sand or on a wall with chalk and touch the key to your creation to open the portal. I've seen my keys do many miracles to work.

You must be wondering how such a place exists. Even I do not know. I know it doesn't really exist according to the rest of creation. It is an oddity of space time, perhaps somewhere in between realities. No one knows for sure. It's a place where all currencies are accepted, all languages are understood by everyone present, and you don't grow older while you stay with us.

You do, however, get hungry.

And oh what delicacies await! Anything your heart desires can be ordered and our finest chef, that is our only chef, will come from the kitchen with the best food you have ever tasted. Prices are very reasonable for whatever time period you came from.

Such a sanctuary sounds too good to be true? Well, there are rules. Not abiding by them will obviously have you forcibly removed. One word from me and the door opens and will draw you into it and back to where you came from. No exceptions. What are these rules? Mostly common sense stuff. I wouldn't be too worried. The rules are framed on the wall beside the door should you forget.

- No fighting.
- No excessive noise.
- No stealing
- No unwelcome contact.
- No vulgar language (within reason).
- No Teleporting.
- No photography or video recording allowed.

Those seem like a lot of 'No's, however, there are a few things required of you should you decide to visit.

- All patrons must store all weapons in the rack beside the door, no exceptions.
- All patrons must pay their bill. No tabs.
- All patrons must refrain from using any magic, technology or other means that make other patrons feel uncomfortable.
- Patrons are free to fraternize, but it must be consensual (OOC: Alpha Section rules apply).
- The word of the Staff are absolute, granted it's only me, the cook, and the waitress.

See, not too bad is it? Mostly common sense stuff, you know, treat others as you would like to be treated and whatnot, eh?

So you must be thinking; This all seems fine and dandy and I would love to visit, if I could, but who are you and your compatriots? Who are the lovely staff at the Wandering Wolf Inn?

Allow me to introduce ourselves...

Name: Donta Ren

Race: Moogle
Height: 4' 6"
Weight: 95 lbs

Description:
As Owner of this establishment, I pride myself on professionalism. I keep my hair combed and nicely tripped, along with my fur which is always clean and smells of a mild fruit mixture. I normally wear a sharp pressed suit and bow tie, with shined shoes and can be found attending to whatever needs to be done, mostly behind the bar washing glasses.

I am a very understanding person and find myself to be equally as fair. However, should you cross me, I prefer to simply remove you from my presence than waste time on discipline. Even I do not understand the nature of my powers nor the extent of them. I was told I was powerful at a time, but it's been so long, I've forgotten most of what I can do. I prefer to spend my time tending the Inn and in down time, tinkering in my room. I did end up creating the waitress after all...

-------------------------------------------

Name: Wolfcub

Race: Android
Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 95 lbs

Description:

Wolfcub is a sweet girl who is very obedient and rarely asks for much for herself. Then again, that's how I programmed her. Still, I left room in her programming to grow on her own and develop her own personality. So depending on how she evolves she will become more and more independent. This is what I wished for her.

As for her appearance, she chose the classic black maid's uniform, modified for her long, fluffy tail and dark blue tech gauntlets on her forearms. These devices hold a plethora of tools she can use to do just about any task, from stirring your tea, to both basic first aid and advanced medical procedures if needed. Her technology is highly advanced and her power source is nearly inexhaustible. Although her primary purpose is to serve and aid our patrons, she is also equipped with advanced weaponry and defensive capabilities should the need arise.

As for the personality she has developed so far, she seems highly innocent and can get easily confused so I ask that you forgive her in advance should she get your order wrong or misunderstand your request. She is still learning, you know. Bless her mechanical heart...

---------------------------------------------

So now you know of us and our establishment. I wish you luck in finding us and hope to see you soon. Tell your friends!

Oh, also as a disclaimer, we are also not responsible for any displaced patrons that should decide to follow other people through the front door once it's opened. It will only connect to the home of the person who opened the door after all. If someone opens the door, and another person walks through, well, they're in for a surprise and may become lost.

Anyway, See you soon!

-------------------------------------

OOC:

Any takers? This RP would basically be a sort of Roleplay/story line creator. A place to brainstorm and stick random characters together to see what happens. If a story line should emerge and players or groups of players leave the inn, please create a new thread to continue or start your quest and continue on your merry way.

The aspect of "Keys" would create options to return to the Inn. If your story diverges from the main thread and you return, please provide links in your first returning post to allow current players to see where you came from and why. Also if you leave, please leave a link in your departing post to the new thread you are going to so people can follow your characters in and out of the Inn.

That being said, it will be your characters actions and behaviors that determine if they are even given a key. The Caretaker may not like your character if you **** him off or something.

Please Post your characters here using the above character tree.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:50 pm 

Name: Sain Darkwing

Race: Avian
Height: 6" 4
Weight: 210 lbs

Description:

Sain Darkwing had been banished from his homeland for practicing the dark arts in a society known for it's purity. Avian's are well known for their elemental magic, and healing prowess, however, Sain chose to focus on the Dark Arts in secret, learning Necromancy and Demonology. This was to better understand his enemy, the Daemon Tover.

This evil cult was hell bent on resurrecting their demon god and would stop at nothing to do so, even if it meant infiltrating the isolated city in the sky, the home of the Avians. When an Agent of the Tover killed his only sister as a sacrifice for furthering their God's resurrection, Sain was then focused on revenge and began to learn the forbidden magic of his enemy to understand their strengths and weaknesses. His decision, was nearly over fifty years ago.

Now, his power is formidable, and he has enlisted several Demons to fight by his side, the many Demon stones fused into his skin show testament to his contracts. He is well versed in most bladed weapons, but prefers the dark Scythe, not only for it's versatility, but for the image it portrays with his dark robes over black leather armor. Many of his stones embedded in his arms and legs are covered by ragged bandages.

Although he may seem like a dark and evil person, Sain's personality is nearly completely opposite. He is quiet, but mostly because he normally wishes to keep out of the business of others, freeing himself to pursue his own interests. When he is in a group, he is kind and curious. He is helpful and respectful, but because of his history, his great loss has left him somewhat indifferent and rarely laughs.

Sain once came across the Wandering Wolf Inn once before and the owner had gifted him with a key.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:12 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

Promise I haven't forgotten about this. School's angrily busy right now but I'll try to get some people up by this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:33 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

Name: Prince Rys'avin Me'eli, Vastator (Rhys)

Appearance: Rys'avin is a large imposing figure with a less than imposing demeanor. Standing at 6-and-half feet, the prince has a thick, stocky build; bulky muscle apparent under his light ashen chestnut brown skin. His dark blue-black hair is cut into something akin to a messy faux hawk. A strong jaw supports a strong face; his square cheekbones lightly press against his faintly flushed cheeks, showing his less human features. A relatively small pair of slightly pointed ears presses against the sides of his head. A small pair of flesh colored lips sits with slightly upturned edges under his nose. A wide nose with an equally wide nasal bridge separates a light gray pair of pathetically puppy-dog eyes. His high angled but bushy eyebrows give him a constantly apologetic look with the left one separated at the outer edge by a small scar. Large, thick, callused hands are wrapped at the palm by old-bandages. The bandages continue to loosely wrap his forearm under a pair of leather bracers. His short-sleeved green undershirt covers his torso. A pair of reddish-brown pants with a set of large matching boots covers his lower body. There are arcane markings etched into his body; A dark blue marking at the front of each shoulder, a black mark on his left palm, a gold mark on his right palm, two identical, mirrored dark green marks on each of his thighs, and a set of red marks under his ribs.

Race: Ba'avin (Sivaan Race)
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 285 lbs

Description:
Sivaan are not a common race. They are not born through bloodline but occur randomly within the Ba'avin species. Sivaan are known as "Vastatori", "Wasters" or "Destroyers", believed to be sent by the gods to lay waste and recreate the world using their volatile magical powers. Early on in the estblishment of the monarchy, it was decreed that these beings be killed at birth, but some are unlucky enough to be spared. Rys'avan Me'eli was a miracle child born of a barren Queen. His father, desperate for an heir, looked upon the Sivaan child as a mixed blessing; by caring for the boy and allowing it to take his place as ruler he would appease the gods and save his people from their wrath. Despite his wild rationalizations, the King knew the people would not accept a Sivaan child in the royal court. So he hid the child away in the castle.
Alongside his studies, the king hired a magister to mentor the child in the suppression of his capabilities. This magister, however chose to study the Sivaan and learn the source of their volatile nature. Through years of study and observation, the magister learned that the Sivaan were not simply users of magic, they were living conduits of energy. Just as they could manipulate magic, it could manipulate them; rage could boil into destruction, happiness could create life, sadness could drain it, a mage could use their mastery of magics to manipulate the Sivaan and increase their own abilities, essentially using them as a fuel source or amplifier. The magister used this quality to further teach the child to control his powers.
Eventually, the boys powers became so great that even the magister could not properly teach how to control or suppress them. The magister used seals to bind the energy to his physical form. The seals would render human mages tranquil, but in the case of Sivaan, it only served to dampen the flow of magic. For a time, this worked. The magister taught the boy how to reapply the seals if they ever broke and Rys'avin was allowed to wander the courtyard and castle freely for the first time in his life.
The appearance of the prince was announced to the kingdom. Countless people poured in with gifts and blessings for the child. The event was extravagant and completely unwelcome to the boy. Despite the suppression of his powers, he could still feel the thoughts and emotions pouring from this horde of people and.... it hurt. It hurt so badly. Rys'avin wanted the pain to go away, to make the thoughts stop, if only the thoughts would stop! .... and so they did. Rys'avin had destroyed the capital city: his home, his people, his family.... gone. All that was left was the collapsed smoldering remains of buildings. At the age of 12, Rys'avin fled to the human city of Melura. It didn't take long for someone to notice him. A group known as the "Liberation Movement" took him in before the authorities could catch him. Under the movement, Rhys was outfitted, trained to fight and use his powers yet he refused to work as anything but a healer and general aid. He was given the code name "Vastator" and has been with the rebellion in underground Melura for several years now.

Misc: Rys'avin Me'eli means " Rushing water God" while Rhys means "bold, impatient, rash", both are very inaccurate descriptions of Rhys.
Me'eli Vastatori means "My God of Destruction"
The code name Vastator is an insult; the rebellion believes he is wasting his capabilities.
Despite Rhys's appearance, he's a big softy and even a bit of a doormat.
Rhys is shy but curious and excited by the prospect of making friends.
Rhys is very forgiving and doesn't judge people by their pasts
Rhys's voice is deep and smooth. It's fitting for his size but not his personality.
Rhys is wanted by the Ba'avin people
When Rhys prepares to use a form of magic, a corresponding seal will glow and colorize his eyes with it.
When a seal is broken it releases a powerful wave of energy that's effects depend on the seal broken; oftentimes the force is destructive.
A seal takes a great deal of time to remake; the entire process is immensely painful.
Rhys moves very carefully and apologizes frequently, even when unnecessary.
Despite his efforts, he is very accident prone.

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:45 pm 

That character sounds great. I should get the IC up later this weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:15 am 

I haven't forgotten this thread either! I'll give character creation a go in a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:27 pm 

IC is up: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49445

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:05 pm 

I haven't forgotten! I promise! A lot is going on and I have my character sheet halfway done! I'll get it up today or in the next couple of days!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:20 am 

I think since this RP doesn't really have a plot as of yet or direction, there currently is no posting order. Just try not to double post. I think I will have to post quite a bit because most visitors talk to the bartender first.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:14 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Edited my post to reflect the flooring being made of tiles instead of wood.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:55 pm 

Name/Alias: Striker
Race: Human
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 215 lbs

Description: Striker is quite tall, taller than many of her male counterparts, standing at a few inches over six feet. She is broad-shouldered and very strong, with a large, athletic figure that might cause others to mistake her as a man, which is what Striker intends. She has dark, choppy brown hair that is short and looks cut by a knife. Her cloudy grey eyes are very piercing. She has light brown skin like that of people native to arctic regions. She has a heavy, pronounced jawline that makes her look very fierce and intimidating. She would be almost pretty, if not for the large burn scar that starts just below her left eye and extends down along her cheekbone, past her jaw, and down her neck. The scar is darker and redder than her healthy skin, and is also coarser and rougher.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:48 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

@LoganDub

So much yes. She's perfect.
I was gonna make a female character like that, but you did a better job than I ever could.

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:01 pm 

Name: Tanya Morrison

Originating Realm: Earth, Modern Day.
Race: Human
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 115 lbs

Description:

Extremely curious and open minded. Believes in Ghosts, Espers and all supernatural things. She is outgoing and get's excited when she experiences something new and interesting, often pursuing it at the cost of her own well being or safety.

Tanya has pursued the supernatural all her live since she was a little kid, often searching for ghosts and took to hiking when she thought she could find faeries. Alot of the time her friends wouldn't indulge her obsession and she was left alone, but when she fancied 'normal' activities they did hang out together. While all her friends went to prestigious colleges, she deferred to ones that had a deep history in the supernatural. Campuses that have ghost stories or odd sightings. Places that were interesting.

As a result, she ended up going to a local College for journalism, where there have been a few disappearances in the past on campus. Students vanishing from a specific wing that had been abandoned. She wanted to investigate and see why.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:33 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I'm gonna hold off in case Ristina or any of the others wanna join in. If no response comes within the next week I'll post something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:15 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

@Donta

Hey, I am so so sorry about not getting back to you earlier. Exams came in really hard and I had no idea it would be as bad as it was. By the time I was free I had completely forgotten that I had an Alpha rp (I don't come in here often)

If you want to continue this, say the word and I'll get to work but I understand if you don't.

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:22 am 

I was still waiting on other people to join. Might have to be a 1x1 with multiple characters.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:48 pm 

Name: Gael Weston
Race: Human/ Supernatural Hunter
Height: 5'8
Weight: 130

Gael trained for three years in a private school in Transylvania that specializes in hunting the supernatural creatures of the world. It really wasn't her choice, but her parents. She only attended after her dad was killed by a rogue werewolf and her mother poisoned by the werewolf's human mate. Shortly after she returned from the Hunter's Academy, she was attacked by the very same pair who killed her parents before her. Sustaining a permanent scar on the left side of her face, Gael managed to kill the both of them and instead of carrying on her parents legacy straightaway, decided to attend a normal school for the last year of her high school career.

A bitter seed was planted in Gael after her parents passing and since then has not been easy company for anyone with her pessimistic attitude. She tries to keep mostly to herself, though she secretly enjoys the company of others. It makes her feel a little less alone in life. Even if she did take a liking to someone she would continue to try and keep them at a distance, because in her line of business people are more than likely going to get hurt or killed. Even with all the false hatred of everyone, Gael is the most loyal friend anyone could ask for.

Along with sometimes showing up for school, Gael hires herself out as a trained assassin. But even she has her own sense of justice and won't be hired on to kill just anyone, no matter how much her employer is willing to pay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:56 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Hey @Donta still up for this one ?

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:33 am 

of course. im just waiting for other people to post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:16 pm 

I posted! :D Just in case you didn't see !shy