All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: The Blood Trials OOC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:27 pm 

The Blood Trials have officially begun.

Blog: View Blog (1)

"The arena is complete."

"Must we really do this Abaddon?"

"Do you know of anything else entertaining we could do Veleda? Does Cassius need to remind you?"

"We rule all reaches of the galaxy, and all the corners of every existence. What or whom is going to stop us?"

"It just doesn't feel like we should be playing with these creature's lives..."

"In time, Veleda, perhaps you can come to enjoy the trials too."

Three beings devised a game
None of the contestants were willing to play
Each hand picked from their homes
They were brought here to a special dome
The first game of many was set to begin
Each participant had a need to win
The game required they protect their life
Unless they were the one wielding the knife
Promised glory, money, or a ticket home
They solidified their goal before hope was gone
Allies and enemies would be quick to be made
Betrayal was unavoidable in this game
Either find the murderer before everyone dies
Or he would be the one to claim the prize
A game blessed in blood and bodies in a pile
Marked the beginning of the first blood trial

The Low Down

Hello everyone and welcome to Lewi's latest creation! This is a wonderful little game I like to call The Blood Trials. In this game there are two gods and a goddess, Abaddon, Cassius, and Veleda. Abaddon is a god of evil, Cassius is a god of chaos, and Veleda is a goddess of benevolence. Because they grew bored, Abaddon devised a game. A game where each of the trio would select an even number of opponents to toss into an arena designed by one of the three. This particular arena happens to be of Cassius's design. The game consists of 3 teams. Veleda's Team, Cassius's Team, and Abaddon's Team. A character's team alignment has nothing to do with whether or not they are the murderer or traitor. Their team alignment also doesn't tie them to working with or against any other players. When it comes down to playing the game, they're on their own to forge their own alliances, enemies, or work on their own. All their team alignment does, is show which god or goddess selected them for the blood trial so that at the end of the games, the gods and goddess know which one of them wins.

Once selected, they will be brought to the arena at the starting point, and they will be greeted by their god or goddess. They will explain the game, and brief them on what they are to do. How to win the game as a player is avoiding death, and figuring out the identity of the murderer. First one to identify the murderer and present proof wins. How to win the game as a traitor is to avoid detection among your fellow players and survive until the end of the game or kill off the murderer and other players. Should it come down to the murderer and the traitor alone, then it will go into sudden death, and the first one to kill off the other, wins. How to win as a murderer is to kill off all the other players. But be careful, there is one player who is a traitor among the group, and will assist you, but be weary as if it comes down to you and the traitor at the end, you'll have a predator stalking you back. The winner of the game will be either the traitor as the last one standing, the murderer as the last one standing, or the first player to identify the murderer and present proof.

The winner of the game will be granted a prize from one of the gods of their choosing, and may ask for anything they wish except more wishes or that the games stop. The person who played the winning character gets to design the next blood trial.

The Mechanics

The way this will work is by dice. Please be forgiving as this is my first time using a dice mod of any kind, or even trying a roleplaying game involving dice, and I will probably be having some minor difficulty until I adjust, but I do have plans in mind for how this will work. If you know more about dice than myself, feel free to help me out. Because I haven't dealt with dice before, and because I have a system (probably not the most efficient system) worked out, I will be using one twelve sided dice with very simple rules (and not mathematical at all) until I better get the hang of things. Which means everyone’s initial roll will be written as follows when you move to post it, minus the asterisk. [*dice]1d12[/dice] .

After every 12 posts, at least until we try this out IC and see if every 12 posts is too much, there will be a roll on a random event. The random event will affect everyone unless it requires a specific character/characters. In event of that, there will be a roll to see who the character/characters involved will be.

When a character is caught by the murderer and there is a conflict, if a critical blow is landed, a dice roll will be held to determine if the character lives, or dies.

YOUR INITIAL DICE ROLLS WILL DETERMINE THE MURDERER AND THE TRAITOR. Any further dice rolls needed will be requested by me.

If there are any other instances where you feel a dice roll would be appropriate, don’t hesitate to inform me! Remember, I am new to this. Assistance is appreciated and very helpful. ^.^

The Rules and Reminders

• One character only. Usually my roleplays encourage multiple characters, but in order to keep this one fair, please only use one.
  • Dice roll determines who is the murderer, traitor, whether or not a character dies when caught by the murderer, and random events. Everything else is free game.
  • Each team is allowed one hint from the god/goddess that selected them. The key word here is TEAM. Not each individual. So if a person is off on their own, and their other team member can’t cooperate with them and uses the hint, then that’s just too bad for the other guy. Helps to add some tension and interaction for the characters.
  • The winner cannot wish for the games to end or for more wishes. I have a feeling there's more things here that I am missing, but I am going to try it this way first lol.
  • The winning user gets to set up the next blood trial with its own rules, regulation, and setting if they so choose. If not, whoever is the runner-up, or interested will be able to do so.
  • The murderer is allotted ONE weapon at the start. Any other weapons must be either made, found, or stolen from another player.
  • The players and the traitor can choose to have a weapon or not. Be aware that I don't think it would be wise to go into an arena with a murderer unarmed.
  • A rope is not a weapon, a rope javelin however, is.
  • If you carry a made up weapon, or an unusual one, a short summary of how said weapon works is appreciated.
  • Remember to use the tagging system.
  • If you're taking awhile to post, I will ask you what's wrong. Please don't take offense to it.
  • I reserve the right to kick people from this rp.
  • Slots are on a first come first served basis. First CS up gets the spot.

The Arena

It's kinda small, so I don't know if you can read it correctly or not, but it's a completely encased arena, and there's only one supplies drop outside the mountain range. The red circle is the starting point. If one strays past the one supplies drop outside the mountain range, there's a drop off into a pitch abyss. So they're trapped within the above terrain.

There are six supply areas:

• Supply Drop #1 - Farthest left on the map
  • Supply Drop #2 - Farthest up on the map
  • Supply Drop #3 - Upper right on the map
  • Supply Drop #4 - Lowest on the map outside the mountain range
  • Supply Drop #5 - Directly to the right of Supply Drop #1
  • Supply Drop #6 - Bottom right in the forest

Each Supply Drop area will consist of a small shelter-ish shack, and somewhere between 1-4 items that the team needs. I have randomized the contents of each one using dice. So if a character heads for one, there's no telling what he or she will get.

Example Character Sheet

Name:
Species:
Job/Career:
Magic: Yes or no and what kind (It is VERY possible to have this limited by the arena. Will make that rule after I see what kind of characters I get.)
Weapon: (If a player or traitor, one can elect to have none. If you're the murderer, you must have one.)
God who Selected you: (There can only be two per god, so if two people already listed Cassius, then you'll have to go with Abaddon or Veleda. You'll know because when I list them on the cast list, their name will match their team color.)
History:
Appearance: (Would greatly GREATLY prefer a photograph so that we can accurately picture your character. Photograph may be of any art style.)

THERE IS CURRENTLY 1 SLOT OPEN! This is subject to change as is anything in this roleplay until I work all kinks out.

IC THREAD - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48999

Our Cast

Veleda - @Lewi
Ghaleon Grace - @Ghaleon_Sericia
Gemma - @Sojourn
Cassius - @Lewi
Jester - @Blackmarket Salesman
Icarus Finley - @solitarycaffeinment
Abaddon - @Lewi
Anna Slokor - @The_Silence
Mal Carr - @Alastar Rainford

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Last edited by Lewi on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Blood Trials OOC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:05 pm 

Illithids (Mind Flayer): A Dreamers worst nightmare.

Location: The Mental Nexus, Where Thoughts Are Imported, And Ideas Are Exported.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Alright, I'm game. Can I use Bastion, and just fill in the missing required fields?

Click to summon my familiar. He's only an Hatchling, for now.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:08 pm 

Just so the required fields in the example character sheet are filled so I can see it that's fine

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:18 pm 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Beginning my CS. I will be sending a quick PM to you, however :)

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:06 pm 

Fate has failed to remove you, I am here to Rectify that mistake.

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

Name: Ghaleon Grace
Appears to be: 27
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Species: Divine Angel
Job/Career: Assassin of Fate
Magic: Minor Shadow Magic, Air Element Control
(For Air, Self imposed arena Restrictions) Unable to use effectively passed 15 ft. around him when wings are hidden away.
(For Air, Self imposed Arena Restrictions.) When wings are out, Extends his Manipulation to 20 ft.
Shadow Meld: Passive. Allows him to blend into the shadows, making it harder to spot unless observed.
Muffling: Air/Shadow: Quiets his footsteps
Cloud of Smoke: Activated - Used to get away, or obscure view
Weapon: Simple Longsword, Named Soul Tear (t-ear) Minor Poison Residue in the blade, Causes Drunk like symptoms when introduced to a wound.
God who Selected you: Veleda
History: Ghaleon is an Assassin that was Picked up by the Collective order of Fate in order to ensure that those who somehow survived the onslaught Fate sent their way was dealt with before their lives Endangered the Natural order of the world. In some worlds he is known as a Reaper, but in others, he is the Mouth of Fate itself. He is willing and able to destroy anyone who's time has ended, and over the years has become an impressive warrior. Bound by duty, It is rare for him to lift his blade against anyone that fate has not directly sent him toward, but with that comes his greatest downfall. Without an order from Fate, No aggressive action will be taken. His travels have taken him to many worlds, forced into Immortal service, he can die at any moment, and should the Gods Deem it so, His road can and will end. His job tends to affect his personality, making it nearly impossible for him to attach himself to anyone or anything. Prefers to work alone, though has been known to lead when needed.

Appearance: Long Black hair, To his Shoulders
Green Swirling eyes, with no Pupil, the Pools of Green spiral into the middle.
A black tattoo behind his hair on the left side of his forhead.
6'2 210lbs. Muscular. Wears a long black Raw hide Trench coat with Many pockets on the inside. 8 leather belts tied across his chest, holding down white 6ft Wings that Are nestled beneath his heavy Coat. Simple Black Burlap Pants and Strong Soled boots. While not form fitting, Allow for near full range of motion. White Tunic, Black fencer Gloves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:09 pm 

Accepted @Ghaleon_Sericia

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:20 pm 

@Ghaleon_Sericia You can go ahead and do your initial roll. I can write it down and wait on everyone elses ^.^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:58 pm 

Fate has failed to remove you, I am here to Rectify that mistake.

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

Okay ^.^
Ghaleon_Sericia rolled 1d12 and got a total of 4:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:19 pm 

World building for RPs that always seem to die

Medals: 1
Most Creative (1)

Name: Jester (Real Unknown)
Sexual Orientation: None
Species: Unknown
Job/Career: Unknown
Magic: Master of slight of hand- Can create mundane objects seemingly out of thin air.
Teleportation- Capable of teleporting in quick succession within a 10 meter radius.
Insanity- immunity to mind control and mind reading
Weapon: Razor sharp playing cards
God who Selected you: Cassius God of Chaos
History: Little is known of the Jester mainly due to his lack of ability to communicate outside of crude charadies that tend to teater on the vulgar. He acts very much so the god who picked him being helpful and kind one second and hurtful and cruel in the next.
Appearance-
Attachment:
Jester.jpg
Jester.jpg [ 48.55 KiB | Viewed 16144 times ]

Blackmarket Salesman rolled 1d12 and got a total of 1:

Last edited by Blackmarket Salesman on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:22 pm 

Accepted

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:35 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Name: Gemma
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Species: Dragon, is trapped in a human body for in the Blood Trials.
Job/Career: Treasure Hunter
Magic: Yes, but unable to access them in this form. In her home world, she is a dragon. She can fly and create fire. She is also difficult to kill in her dragon form and dragons have a long life span. However, she is weak in the human form.
Weapon: Sword
God who Selected you: Veleda, Goddess of Benevolence
History: In her home world, Gemma is a powerful dragon. Few would ever dare to cross her path and she spends her days with her mate, Blaine, adding treasures to their horde and scary the locals for fun. When taken to the Blood Trials, Gemma was cursed into a human form and hates it. She dislikes being a weak human and misses her power.
Appearance: In her human form, Gemma is 5'5 with an hourglass build. She has long dark brown hair and eyes. Although weak in her this form, her eyes show she is an old soul and have a fiery passion. She dresses in all black.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:47 pm 

Accepted!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:47 pm 

Also @Sojourn Do your initial roll, 1 d12 dice, and if you have a skype, I have a discussion group for the rp on there. ^.^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:51 pm 

Here's my roll:

Sojourn rolled 1d12 and got a total of 10:

I have Skype but I have to get bed for work very soon (I work early mornings), so I can't join the chat tonight, sorry.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:52 pm 

@Sojourn It's ok! You can just pm me your skype tomorrow evening and I will add you ^.^

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:54 pm 

Sounds good, will do. =)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:09 am 

Location: The Mental Nexus, Where Thoughts Are Imported, And Ideas Are Exported.

God who Selected: Abaddon
Weapon to Start With: Deck No. 4, Sicily's Symphony.
=====================================================================
Note: The Weapons listed aren't going to be used, this is just my UCS, so nothing is altered. Everything else, is correct. Appearance, is a W.I.P. I can't find a good picture. (I also prefer not to FC)
=====================================================================
Bruce Lee wrote:
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

First Name: Durante
-Pronunciation: doo-RAHN-te
-Meaning: Enduring
Middle Name(s): Valentino
-Pronunciation: vah-len-TEE-no
-Meaning: Strong, Vigorous, Healthy
Last Name: Vitali
-Pronunciation: vee-TAH-lee
-Meaning: Vital, Of life.
Nickname(s): Dante-(Diminutive)
-Pronunciation: DAHN-te
-Meaning: Enduring
Alias(es): Ace of Spades
Title(s): The Don, Father, Kingpin, Ace.
Preferred Name(s): Dante Valentino
-Pronunciation: DAHN-te vah-len-TEE-no
-Meaning: Enduring & Strong
Ethnicity: Italian
Homeland: Sicily, Italy
Appearance | +
Dante has Jet-black Hair, with Streaks of Grey from age. His hair is long and smooth, covering the left side of his face. His Eyes are Heterochromia1, His left Iris is Green, while his Right Iris is Blue. Usually wearing his Formal Attire, Dante prefers White Suit and Black tie, as opposed to the classic Black suit and Red tie. On the back of his neck, Dante has the Vitale Family Name Tattooed, showing his Loyalty, Love, and dedication to his Cosche. Opposed to a large amount of facial hair, Dante has a nice, thinned peach fuzz, just barely visible. He has broad shoulders, and long, slender legs. His facial shape is similar to that of his ancestor Vito Vitale, just thinner, and he usually has a smirk plastered on his face. Attached to his front right belt loop, is a long silver chain leading into his pocket, connected to his Vintage Pocket Watch, which he checks regularly. Along with his watch, Dante is never without his Messenger Bag, containing his Sketchbook, Journal, and assortment of Writing utensils, including a quill pen made from a feather off of his raven, with a small lockbox containing sealed glass vials of ink. When walking around, he usually has his ornate decorative cane, topped with the carving of a wolf head.

-Physique: Slim and Tall, but also Muscular.
Rank: The Don of the Vitale Cosche, the Largest of the Cosa Nostra.
Knowledge Level: Above Average
Friends: ----
Foes: ----
Skills: He is skilled with Automatic Guns, Blunt and Sharp Melee Weapons, and Four Decks of Unique Cards. On top of all that, he is skilled in multiple forms of Unarmed Combat.
Weapon(s): His main weapon is the Switchblade his father gave him on his Tenth Birthday, but if need be, he also has his Family Revolver, .44 Caliber. Along with the run-of-the-mill weapons, he Also has his Four Decks of Fifty-two Cards, each specially made for a specific reason.
Dante's Decks | +
-His first deck, Called the Gambler's Greed, has each card lined on all sides with a thin, razor-sharp blade. The Face Cards blades, are Poisoned, but Dante's Immunity to this allows him to draw without worry.
-His second deck, Called the Jack's Jest, is able to create Hyper-Realistic Illusions, that even the highly trained eye would view as real. From Monster to Myth, the only Limits are what he can think of.
-His third deck, Known as the Demonic Don, has a weapon on each card, that when drawn, through science, or perhaps magic create a working copy of the pictured weapon. When the weapon runs out of Ammo, it takes a day before he can use it again.
-His fourth and final deck, known as Sicily's Symphony, creates a Doppelganger of whoever drew the card, but this isn't without a seal. The Copy, albeit physical and able, is bound to the deck's original owner, and only one card can be drawn per day.

Pet(s): A small raven, named Lucrezia|loo-KRE-tsyah.
Sexuality: Straight
Height: 176.9cm. (5' 9.7")
Weight:63kg. (138.891lbs.)
Personality: Devious, Daring, Risk Taker, Charming, Methodic, Bull-headed, Charismatic
Dislikes: Paper Trails, Unorganized Crime, Foreign Competitors, The Stain on His Family Name
Weaknesses: Lack of Contacts, as his Mafia was handed down, and lost many ties.
Strengths: Methodic Actions, nothing he does is without months of planning, and at least five back-up plans.
Theme Song: ----
Bio | +
At the early age of Five, Durante Valentino Vitale, called Tino by his Father, was taught inside the Vitale Cosche, instead of Public School. While he did learn everything he would've within an actual school, he had some... more unorthodox classes.

At the young age of Ten, Dante was given his first weapon, and officially inducted into the family, the Vitale Cosche, by Swearing an Oath of Loyalty and Secrecy, the omertà. The weapon was a small, spring-loaded Switchblade, easily concealed, and easily replaced. As his Father was a Stickler for Rules, Dante started out as that lowest Rank in the Chain of Command, a Soldier, a Soldato. The Picciotto, or, Inexperienced Soldier, wasn't at all displeased with this, he was overjoyed that he finally was official, and no longer an Associate.

By age Fifteen, Dante was officially one of the three 'Head of Ten', the Capodecina, moving rather quickly through the CoC. Dante, being one of the biggest Gamblers in the Clan, thought of himself as a Jack, leading a Number Cards, with the King and Queen rendered Obsolete. After only a year, 'Dante's Quarter Deck' became the term people used when referring to his Soldiers.

By age Twenty, 'Dante's Quarter Deck' came under new management, and was ultimately rendered obsolete, as he moved up once more, becoming the Underboss, the Capo bastone. This was where he wanted to be, the top of the Chain, right under his Father, Giotto Alexius Vitale. While in this position, he dealt the the Family's day-to-day affairs, arbitrating any dispute, and trying not to bother The Don if it wasn't necessary.

By age Twenty-five, Dante became the new Don, after his Father couldn't handle the Job, and stepped down. It was at this point, where Dante became known as the Ace of Spades, the Black Sheep of a Stained Family Name. Dante wasn't going to let the family fall though, so he put all of his time into his career picking his 'Face Cards' carefully.

1-Different colors in each Iris.

Last edited by Zwei on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:24 am 

Accepted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:41 am 

I'm looking forward to working with/against you all.

Click to summon my familiar. He's only an Hatchling, for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:42 am 

@Zwei Do your first roll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next