All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:50 pm 

can horses get songs stuck in their heads

Medals: 1
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Coffee Springs, a little known town in the middle of Pennsylvania. The residents come from all walks of life,
vampires and werewolves, witches and necromancers. They all live together in harmony. Until
people start dying off one by one. It's up to you and your friends to find out who, or what, is causing
all these mysterious deaths, and most importantly, how to defeat whatever it is.

Rules:
1. Keep the basics of roleplaying in mind. Spelling and grammar is important, don't godmod/make a mary sue/etc. Make sure the RP is fun for everyone, not just you.
2. I would prefer posts be 2-3 paragraphs (4-7 sentences each), however quality over quantity. No reason for you to write a huge post if you feel you cannot respond. However, every post you make should mean something. Just saying "okay." isn't enough sometimes.
3. Send me your character sheets before you post them. You can really be any creature you want, but I would like it if you outlined their powers/weaknesses in your CS. If I feel it's too overpowered, I may ask you to change it.
4. No OOC fighting/arguments. Disagreements are fine, however I would prefer that any/all negativity be kept to PMs.

Rules may be added as the RP goes on, so I will tell you if I have to change anything.

Your character sheet must include a name, gender, age, creature type, appearance. Anything else, such as history and/or personality is fine, however not required. If you prefer to RP these things out, that's totally fine.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:39 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

I have to think what character I want to play. I'll send you a character sheet in a few days.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:48 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Ugh. Ughh. Uuuuugh. Do you think you have room for one more (tentative) player? I really like this type of story and I'd love to join in, but I might have to back out if it turns out I drag the group with slow posting. I hope that doesn't become the case, though, since things should ease off for me soon!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:47 am 

Cotton wrote:
Ugh. Ughh. Uuuuugh. Do you think you have room for one more (tentative) player? I really like this type of story and I'd love to join in, but I might have to back out if it turns out I drag the group with slow posting. I hope that doesn't become the case, though, since things should ease off for me soon!

That would be absolutely fine!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:06 pm 

Single.

Hey, yall still taking new roleplayers in? id like to join, id send in a character sheet if needed.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:31 pm 

BlueReptile wrote:
Hey, yall still taking new roleplayers in? id like to join, id send in a character sheet if needed.
I'm afraid spots are full, however if one opens I'll send you a message!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:40 pm 

Single.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:29 pm 

New players everywhere!! *so excited* Blue can have my place if yall don't mind. I will still be reading this thread though. Also!!! Welcome new players and enjoy CF as much as I do.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:56 pm 

Single.

Hey, thanks, long as they dont mind, ill gladly join!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:58 pm 

BlueReptile wrote:
Hey, thanks, long as they dont mind, ill gladly join!

Go right ahead then, friendo.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:02 pm 

Single.

Yes! lol, do i need to send a character sheet?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:03 pm 

BlueReptile wrote:
Yes! lol, do i need to send a character sheet?

Yep! Send it to me and I'll approve it.

PostThis post was deleted by Eferhilda on Wed May 04, 2016 4:35 pm.
Reason: removing as per thread author request
PostThis post was deleted by Eferhilda on Wed May 04, 2016 4:36 pm.
Reason: removing as per thread author request
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:12 pm 

BlueReptile wrote:
Danget, i forgot weaknesses... well, Noragami can be attacked while he's changing, and Ahri isn't as strong as Noragami, so she uses mainly magic, but if she uses so much, she gets drained. she ha natural mana, but if she uses it all up, the magic uses her health.

I said in the rules to pm me character sheets before you post them.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:14 pm 

Single.

oh, my bad.... im new,plus got a lot of stuff on my mind.... sorry...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:16 pm 

BlueReptile wrote:
oh, my bad.... im new,plus got a lot of stuff on my mind.... sorry...

That's not really an excuse for not reading the rules in the rp you are trying to join. No need to try and guilt trip, just pm me your character sheets and I'll look them over.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:17 pm 

Single.

understood. wasnt trying to make an excuse, just explaining. but ok

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:16 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Name: Meg Wong-Tanner

Race: Common witch

Appearance: Meg Tanner is a twiggy thing, scraping 5'0", and being very lightweight. She tries to add a fierceness to her character by wearing the traditional clothes of a witch, including a black pointy brimmed hat, black cloak, pointed shoes, and metal band tee-shirts and bright striped leggings to make it more contemporary. During work she wears black leggings and a pastel blue collared shirt with a nametag. She charms her hair to change according to the seasons: white, long, and straight in winter, pink and pixie in the spring, yellow and wavy in summer, orange and curly in autumn. Having Chinese family origins, she is fair and has a long oval face, with the witch's traditional pointy, big beak of a nose, though thankfully she didn't acquire the chin or warts. Her eyes are small, dark, and brooding, yet her facial expressions are usually friendly and excited. Not one to enjoy walking, Meg usually travels by an inch-over-ground hover charm, or with her broomstick.

Personality: Meg is flighty and obtrusive, often jumping into things that aren't her business, and tends to talk a little too loudly. Stealth isn't her strong suit, but she can be helpful when you need to be big, bold, and loud. Even for her small size, she makes an impact on people around her with her chatty behaviour and tendency to do what she feels like, which is usually dancing. Some find it refreshing, others find it irritating. She's a hard worker and quick thinker when she finally places herself on a task, but can work herself into the ground if people aren't there to coax her out of it. Her fear of appearing weak pushes her to attempt things she probably shouldn't try. Overall, Meg is an optimistic thinker, and tries to find ways to assist others, even if they don't want the help. She's loyal to her family's business and plans to take over when her parents retire.

History: Meg was born and raised in Coffee Springs with her normal, non-magic Chinese dad and witch mother. Together her parents owned and continue to own a restaurant called Witchy Wong's. Meg worked at the restaurant from a young age, washing dishes and helping around in the kitchen, while also going to the local elementary school. She was quickly drawn to her mother's more eccentric side of the family, and began taking magic lessons with her aunt Elena. Elena's personality imprinted heavily on Meg, and she became a sort of second mother figure for the young girl. Meg often parroted Elena's favourite phrases, such as "a witch does what a witch wants". Meg became difficult to handle after spending time with Elena and learning magic, as witches often do, refusing to work, trying random charms, and wandering off to look for adventure. Her parents decided to enrol her in sports in order to concentrate the girl's energy. Meg began to take broom gymnastics at 10, and despite a fifth-hand, old broom, she showed a promise for aerial feats, as well as object and bodily levitation. This eased her wild behaviour, though it still remains rooted in her personality. Through the years she developed strong skills in charming and hexing, but failed miserably in potions, as she was often too impatient to wait for the brew to simmer before adding another ingredient, and elemental theory.
At 16 Meg met a werewolf named Frank. They quickly moved from friends, to best friends, to romantic partners. Meg grew distant from her parents in order to spend time with Frank, and over the next few years, stopped working at the restaurant altogether. Frank suggested that after they graduated high school, he would go to a university in New York, and Meg would come with him. Meg was uncertain, being very attached to her home town. Seeing her hesitancy, Frank became manipulative and aggressive, pressuring Meg to come with him. Meg eventually agreed, and they left to New York the following year. Meg hated the city, missing small town life and her family and friends. Meanwhile, Frank became increasingly abusive, often taking his frustration out on her as soon as he stepped in the door. One night, when Frank was a combination of drunk and angry, Meg had enough and used her magic to get him away from her. She left his apartment and became a member of the New York homeless, using magic tricks in an attempt to get money for a plane ticket home. She managed to attract the eye of a small theatre owner, and Meg landed herself a job doing tricks on the small stage. She worked at the job for three years before making enough money to return home and beg her parents to take her back at the restaurant. They took her back in, and she's been living and working at Witchy Wong's for two and a half years, with plans set in place for her to own the business once she turns 30. Due to her bad past relationship with Frank, Meg is wary and prejudiced against werewolves and unusually hairy men, and is not interested in developing romantic relationships with anyone.

Strengths: Aerial magic and levitation, including broomsticks skills / charm and hex magic (imbuing objects or people with magical energy that changes their state for short to medium length periods of time) / short distance teleportation (five meters) / mid-skill curse and blessing magic (bad or good luck for a few days, raining frogs, that type of stuff) / business management / wicked public dancing skills

Weaknesses: literally the worst at potions / has weak elemental magic ability (could probably charge a battery or fill a water glass) / has not yet mastered the art of perma-spelling / can't charm or hex without raising her arms (she sort of can do without this part) or wiggling her fingers (definitely can't do without this part) / any spell or charm or hex drains energy; levitation takes about the same amount of energy as walking, broomstick-riding much like riding a bike

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:23 pm 

maya • ramos
“I don't want to die without any scars.”
a twenty year old looking, bisexual woman, maya is a wendigo.
even though she is generally human looking, when she gets an extreme hunger,
or during deep, deep winters, she turns into her wendigo form. she can never
control this transformation, and it's generally very painful. during this form, she is
strong, and dangerously fast. she can be killed with conventional weapons, however
silver is the most effective way. she is not her normal self, and tends to get very
reckless during this time.

in her human form, though, not all is normal. a chill follows her wherever she goes, and any room
she is in gets incredibly cold, almost sub-zero. her eyes are sunken in, and she has several sharp teeth.
she is stronger and faster than the average human, her senses able to track down prey miles away.
she has minor control over nature, however she only deals in the cold. she is able to bring
gusts of cold wind, and has some minor control over ice. the more she uses her powers, however,
the hungrier she gets, and the more human flesh she has to eat to sustain her human form.

in terms of personality, maya is generally a very reserved girl, one of few words. she's not very caring,
some even saying she has a heart of ice. however, she is just not one to show her emotions much. as she
warms up a bit, she gets more talkative, and nicer. she's also somewhat of a glacier in terms of
showing her emotions. she starts out not showing them at all, however if things get too bad,
they all flood out at once, making her tend to freak out, and maybe even shift. besides this,
maya has several hobbies, one of her favorites being cooking. otherwise, she likes to read,
play croquet, and hunt.

in terms of appearance, maya has light brown skin, with lots of freckles covering her face and body.
her hair is usually cut short, and dyed. she prefers cool colours for dying her hair, like blues or purples.
she dresses practically, with t-shirts, jeans, leather jackets, and boots.
she's somewhat short, and muscular for her size.
she has dark green eyes, and her hair is naturally black. she also has
two large antlers on the side of her head, which are a grey color.
she has several scars on her body, either from her past or her childhood.