All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:43 am 

Apologies to my Partners. Life is a bit hectic.Thanks for being understanding.

Blog: View Blog (0)

Welcome to a period in Japanese marked by social upheaval, political intrigue and near-constant military conflict Japanese historians named the Warring States period. There is much strife and hardship around you. As if that wasn’t enough, demons and monsters ravage the countryside, making victims of those who struggle to survive the wars and famine.

Rules
1. The setting is as portrayed by the InuYasha manga/anime series. This is equivalent to the Sengoku period of Feudal Japanese history (c. 1767-1603.) This rule withstanding, your characters must fit into this timeline. You CANNOT be a modern era character who has been misplaced in time. In terms of the canon timeline, this will be during the 50 years between Kikyo’s death and Kagome’s appearance in the Feudal Era.
2. This is an Original Character fanfic. You cannot be connected to the canon characters in any direct way. This means no to origin stories where you are their children, family members, students, enemies, etc. You ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT act as a love interest to a canon character. This displaces the canon characters and therefore makes them non-canon. I may possibly allow your character to know of them, but nothing more.
3. There will be two groups: the villains and the heroes. I may open up the option for having multiple characters if needed.
4. We are not running by a strict posting order but you do only get 2 posts per cycle. This is to keep the flow going without allowing for a single person or pair to hijack the RP. I want all of you to feel as though are equally important to to the story because you are!
5. I do require that you post fairly regularly. This will also vary depending on how fast the rest of the group posts. If one person or so is slowing down the group, I will intervene.
6. Any post in blue is a GM post, which is a post with NPC and environmental reactions to your characters. This resets the "round". After these, your 2 posts per cycle renews. It may be that, on occasion, you only get one response. This is part of the "story flow" mentioned above. My characters post is in white, same as yours. Yes, no colors in your post.
7. Posting a warning of absences in the OOC is a MUST! I will give you a few days. However, if you haven't posted in a week, I will PM you to check up. If you make a habit of posting less than a week without a VERY good reason, I will kick you from the RP. Sorry but this is a group RP and you made a commitment.
7. I fully encourage friendships and relationships between the character. However, please be careful to be considerate of the group. Do not clog up our RP with a long dialogue scene, especially if its getting steamy. Feel free to move it to PMs.
8. If you are interested in joining, please post here or PM me.

Character-specific Rules
1. I will work out the story with each of you for your characters. This will be important for villains especially. This will continue on as the story progresses.
2. I will be playing the lord. He is the main villain. He will be the one to whom your villains report back to. He is a constant until the end of the story. This is only true as he is not a presence in combat. He is limited to doling out instructions, secret meetings, and various other small scenes for the most part. Your villain characters are demons and/or half-demons that he has exerted control over.
3. "Minor" villains will rotate turns each week. I use the term "week" loosely. Basically, I and the player who has the "acting villain" will get together and plot out a basic idea for the current encounter. This will be played out until it is completed, which I would say should be about a week at most. Then, the next person who is slotted to play the next villain will pick up where they left off. Depending on the story discussions, there may or may not be recovery time for the heroes.
4. You have a hero and a "minor" villain. Your villain will have a full story to them. They may or may not be a willing "servant" to the lord. Plan on creating an entire story for your heroes AND villains that will develop as the story progresses. I promise that I will allow you time to grow as characters and to see your character's story arc come to light. Please, remember that the goal for the heroes is to defeat the villain. This most likely will result in your villain character being killed eventually.
5. Your characters, no matter how much you love them, must be capable of being injured. This can be as a small gashes to which the character simply snarls at on up to serious, debilitating wounds. You may end a week in hiding until you have healed. This is some of the story discussion mention above.
6. If I suspect that you are "godding" your character, I will ensure your character will be out of commission for a time. This will happen twice with the second time being quite a while. The third offense, I will kill them. They CANNOT be revived from this death. I am unsure if I will allow you to make a new character at this time.
7. You can have up to 3 henchman for the villain's "monster of the week" element (think 3 demons you hired or kidnapped to fight for you). You can have more if they are temporary (think "Shadow Clone Jutsu" from Naruto). We can talk about your plans for the "week". Please, just be sure not to take to big of a bite for yourself.
8. The other big no-no is SPOILERS! If you are playing the villain of the week, you CANNOT secretly reveal information to any other player. You wouldn't tell your friends how the manga ends, would you? If you would, shame on you and get out! We don't like asses here. XD
9. Also, as the GM, I hearby promise to never use my knowledge of the story to gain an advantage for myself. That being said, this does not mean that my EVIL lord will not exploit weakness. If you have a puppy you love more than anything, he could kill it. If you harbor deep secrets in your past, he can and will blackmail your character. Be warned. He is, after all, a bad guy. However, if your villain has a wound that they managed to completely cover up, my hero will not have pinpoint accuracy to stab you just exactly where you are already injured or anything of that sort.
10. In the same light, as I may know intimate details, I will never be the source for any great reveals or solved mysteries. If a player wants it to be a secret that their character is, in fact, a woman despite all outward appearances otherwise, I will never draw attention to this fact. It must be figured out by the other players.

Contacting the GM
If you have any questions about anything you see or don't see here, shoot me a PM.

The In-Character Thread *NEW*
Yay! Its the thread! HERE.

Strange Lands & Stranger Company IC OOC
InuYasha: The Demon Army of the Daimyo IC OOC

Last edited by Teal88 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:09 am 

This is reserved for the posting on accepted character profiles. Character submissions will be PMed to me where they will be discussed until they are deemed ready. The actual profile itself will not be displayed; The only things that will be shown are: the Player's name, the character's name (could be their alias or assumed name), his/her role, and possibly their picture for reference sake.

Profile Skeleton

APPEARANCE (Picture preferred but not required)

BASICS
Name:
Role: (Hero or Villain?)

RELATIONSHIPS
Sexual Orientation:
Romantic Interest/Partner:
Family:
Friends:
Other:
Social Skills:

Current Residence:

BACKGROUND
Talents/Skills:
Abilities (if applicable): (Magic or otherwise)
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
History:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:08 pm 

ACCEPTED HERO CHARACTERS

USERNAME:
Teal88

APPEARANCE

BASICS
Name: Matsubara Aikiko
Race: Human
Role: Hero
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USERNAME: Ben

APPEARANCE
Junji is short (5'4") but surprisingly stocky in his build and has a medium complexion (darker than fair but not quite olive) best compared to light maple wood. His hair is short, prickly and unkempt with black roots and auburn base. Sitting in his hair are a pair of fuzzy brown tanuki ears with white tufts of fur in them. Junji Possesses a set of bright brown eyes though they are concealed by their slant and are only visible when he becomes very surprised or upset/ serious.

His outfit consists of a simple grey half-off yoroi hitatare (Snug version of the Traditional unarmored Samurai outfit with the top tied at the waist) and plain white undergarments (White Shirt and fundoshi) with his Tanto (dagger) in a glossy black sheath tucked into the left side of his thin black obi (belt). During especially warm times and when he isn't within a city or village, Junji is known to completely forgo the undershirt. During hunting and fishing, Junji will simply wear his fundoshi. Junji refuses to wear any form of footwear; if he wants to pretend to wear sandals, he casts an illusion spell.

BASICS
Name: Junji Izanagi
Race: Tanuki Half-breed
Role: Hero... sort of
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USERNAME: Bottlecap

APPEARANCE:
Moroa

Image Katako

BASICS
Name: Josho Moroa, the Returned Ronin.
Race: Undead Human
Role: Hero

USERNAME: Aeromancer

APPEARANCE
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5605/ketlin-liselse.25/0_60d3b_9eab6e96_XL

BASICS

Name: Hoshoku Mushiba - spelled with the Kanji for Predation and for Tooth Decay

Age: While his demon spirit heritage would perhaps hide a sufficient amount of aging anyway, Mushiba is unsure of just exactly how old he is.

Last edited by Teal88 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:03 am 

ACCEPTED VILLAIN CHARACTERS

USERNAME: Teal88

APPEARANCE

BASICS
Name: Daimyo (Lord) Morimoto Ayumu
Race: Human
Role: Villain

USERNAME: Ben

APPEARANCE:
When in human form, this yokai has an average appearance; 5'6" pale, dark black hair, very traditional silk attire.

BASICS
Name: Matashichiro (Grudge of Ryūzōji)
Race: Bakeneko (Cat-yokai)

USERNAME: Bottlecap

APPEARANCE:

BASICS
Name: Shino, Lord of the Crows.
Age: Unknown. Some rumor he is as old as the Demon Crows themselves, their father.
Race: Demon

APPEARANCE:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3f/59/6a/3f596a576e5f886c6f83859472a9f154.jpg

BASICS
Name: Tawamure, written with the kanji for staged literary work
Race: Obake Youkai

Last edited by Teal88 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:14 pm 

I hope i'm allowed to break the silence here with a

"Hell yeah."

That is all

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

I'm pumped! Are you all pumped?!? Btw how do you think we should go about the characters meeting each other? Should we already be teamed up or should the first encounter with an enemy draw us together?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:40 pm 

No i think we should all have a first encounter to draw us together, realize we all hate the same guy, and agree to fight alongside one another

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:59 pm 

Also, I'M PUMPED BEN ARE YOU PUMPED?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:15 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I'm assuming Teal will be starting the first random encounter this time around?

Also

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:53 pm 

@Bottlecap
Yes, yes you can. Boo yah!

@Ben
*ROARS* PUMPED! LET'S DO THIS!
Great pic, Ben! XD

Okay, here's where we are at. I have everyone's character except for Aero's villain. However, I want to talk with each of you about your character's goals, most especially your hero. If you could each PM me, we will get a story arc discussion started. Think up your character's long term goal and have a few ideas for your first encounter. I am working on the GM introduction post and the opening encounter set up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:37 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

Having been out for a bit, I wanted to apologize in the same way that I apologized to everyone else. As I've been trying to tell everyone that I write with, there was a severe emergency at work. Essentially I was blamed for something that wasn't my fault, and it caused a mix up. Fortunately I was able to keep my job, and I'm back on Creative Freedom full-time as well. Will you all please forgive me? I would deeply appreciate it !meow

I sincerely hope there are no hard feelings!

To be honest, by the way, I wasn't entirely certain if I should write out a character sheet for my villain character. Should I make it as full as I made the actual player character? I could do that, but I know that you only use a portion of the character sheet, so I didn't want to write out a wall of text if that was going to be an issue.

By the way, I also hope that I haven't been holding things up at all! I surely didn't mean to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:04 am 

No worries, Aero, i think i can speak for everyone and forgive you. :) i don't really think you've been holding things up, i'm still talking over my own story things with Teal so you can get caught up with plenty of time. I did a full sheet for my villain, though it was a little less detailed than my hero. I don't know about anyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:28 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

Thank you very much for that extension of forgiveness, as naturally I meant to displease no one. I genuinely do appreciate it, and sincerely hope that there are no hard feelings over my apparently extended absence. I'll take your advice then and just fill out the character sheet as I did with my other character. I think that I actually have an idea for a villain as the case might be.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:08 pm 

Yeah, it fine Aero. We are still getting things ready here.

Plus, I need to come up with "scientific" way to pick which villains get to play when. Quick! Roll initiative!
*coughs* Sorry, D&D slipped in there.

Good news, everyone! I should have the IC up any moment now.

*Edit: It is up now. Sorry about the "triple post". Its just this one-time. They will be much smaller and more manageable after this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:36 pm 

Should we post now then orrrrrr......?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:44 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I only see two posts but I'll most likely post by tommorow if I don't tonight.

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:45 pm 

Nevermind i see it's not exactly an opener to the er to our posts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:45 pm 

Unless it is...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:48 pm 

Lol. It will be. Give me a few minutes. I had to change it as a mod pointed out that the double post is illegal.

Ok. NOW its up and ready to go! Feel free to have your hero characters wander into town.

By the way, I have come to a descision. This "first week" I will have be the villain, so as to get your guys securely on the path to the villain. Afterwards, your villain will start. Ben will be the second week, followed by Bottlecap, and then Aero, of course. We will continue that order unless something unforeseen happens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:23 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I see someone's been watching inuyasha lately. that narrator homage at the end was an awesome touch.

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays