All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:32 pm 

Apologies to my Partners. Life is a bit hectic.Thanks for being understanding.

Blog: View Blog (0)

Introduction

Welcome to Askana, a beautiful land full of friendly people. You have awaken to find yourself in Cardy, a small port city on the Sea of Mache. You head downstairs to find that you are in an Inn known as the Silver Goblet. The only problem is that you have no idea how you got here. In fact, you are from Lenovia and have never even heard of this land. You seem to have no memories for the past year. However, your entire childhood and most of your adult life is all intact. You have a pack full of supplies, as though you were on a journey. To an even greater surprise, you soon find that several other patrons are suffering the same fate. What could account for this? More importantly, what are you to do about it?

Greetings!

Hello. Welcome to our humble OOC. Hopefully you are here to join our group. We'd love to have you! Please read this first post in its entirety.

Rules

1. We are not running by a strict posting order but you do only get 2 posts per cycle. This is to keep the flow going without allowing for a single person or pair to hijack the RP. I want all of you to feel as though are equally important to to the story because you are!
2. I do require that you post fairly regularly. This will also vary depending on how fast the rest of the group posts. If one person or so is slowing down the group, I will intervene.
3. Posting a warning of absences in the OOC is a MUST! I will give you a few days. However, if you haven't posted in a week, I will PM you to check up. If you make a habit of posting less than once a week without a VERY good reason, I will kick you from the RP. Sorry but this is a group RP and you made a commitment.
4. I fully encourage friendships and relationships between the character. However, please be careful to be considerate of the group. Do not clog up our RP with a long dialogue scene, especially if its getting steamy. Feel free to move it to PMs.
5. Any post in green is a GM post, which is a post with NPC and environmental reactions to your characters. This resets the "round". After these, your 2 posts per cycle renews. It may be that, on occasion, you only get one response. This is part of the "story flow" mentioned above. My characters post is in white, same as yours.

Contacting the GM

If you have any questions about anything you see or don't see here, shoot me a PM.

In Character Link

In Character

Ok! I will have a thread in Personal Works and Creations. It will contain all the World Lore. It will cover topics from races, politics, religions, and even a calendar. Please, take a look at it. It will help you get a good idea of what the world is like. Its content will update as your characters explore. I will post in the OOC when new information is available.

Strange Lands & Stranger Company IC OOC
InuYasha: The Demon Army of the Daimyo IC OOC

Last edited by Teal88 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 40 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:34 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Can we be any type of race we want? I was thinking my character be a dragon that can shapeshift into a human.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:00 pm 

Uh, there is a link with the Races on the Interest Check.

But unfortunately this may be scrapped if we don't get more people.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:07 pm 

Is there? I must have missed it. It might to help to post it here too.

Christmas is a exactly one week away and lots of people are busy. You just posted your Interest Check last night, sometimes it takes a few days to get some players, especially this time of year.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:46 pm 

Ok. I'll re-post it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:49 pm 

Thanks. I'll look it over to get a better idea for a race to use in the story. =)

Although if you want, I can put making a character on hold until you get the desired number of players you want for the story.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:28 pm 

Waiting may be a good idea. That way you know who's going to be there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:31 pm 

Not a problem.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:02 pm 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I would like to describe the appearance of the character in words (otherwise CG or picture will be provided, i dont like human avatars for elves)
and play an elf or half elf, if possible.
it will be probably a ranger (if elf) or a rogue(if half-elf (sorry if i call them halfelves, when i read halfling i automatically think about hobbits T_T" )

if thats all good with you i can proceed in thinking up a CS.

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

How to beat a Machine gun with a Laser sword. | +
(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:58 pm 

Oh sure. You can describe them in words if you want. I just included the picture option as some people thinks its easier.

Oh cool! Just remember that you don't have to stick to "classes". You character can be whatever you want them to be (within reason, of course!) And yeah, I used terms that will confuse both LoTR and D&D fans. XD

I'm reading your PM now, by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:00 pm 

okay, im sated and resting and thinking what to choose now XB ... what classes /races do you both want to play?

might go for a balanced team since i can't decide between the a little bit evillish halfling and the archer elf :) but im looking at the elf archer with loving eyes for now.. xD

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:54 pm 

I'm not sure what Sojourn is thinking but I am a dwarf. He's a trader and veteran warrior.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:02 pm 

I'll probably go with a human character.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:51 pm 

Oh cool.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:13 pm 

@Teal88, here is my primarily bio. Let me know if I need to edit anything. =)

APPEARANCE

BASICS
Player Name: Sojourn
Name: Raine Protos
Race: Human

RELATIONSHIPS
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Romantic Interest/Partner: Single
Family: Lord and Lady of Reinbolt
Friends: Raine is a pretty social person and has many friends back home
Other: None yet
Social Skills: Raine is a friendly person, she had been in social circles all her life and can talk to just about anyone

LOCATION & TIME
Hometown: Reinbolt, Lenovia
Current Residence: Lost in Askana
Occupation: None, her parents are the lord and lady of Reinbolt and she will take over as Lady when they step down

BACKGROUND
Talents/Skills: Raine has been taught self defense. She has a good speaking skills.
Abilities (if applicable): None
Personality: Raine is a friendly and smart young lady.
Strengths: Intelligent, natural leadership abilities, and friendly nature.
Weaknesses: Due to her friendly nature, Raine sometimes will not speak her mind in fear of hurting other people's feelings. She also can be stubborn and has never truly been on her own.
History: Raine is the only child born to the Lord and Lady Protos of Reinbolt in Lenovia. All her life, she has known that someday she would become the next Lady of the land and spent a great deal of her life learning how to be leader. While her parents believed it was essential she be taught self defense skills, Raine has no actual in the field training and has been surrounded by guards her whole life. She would have no idea how to survive on her own. She is a relatively friendly person and the people of Reinbolt do not object to her being their next leader. As her parents get older, they are giving her more and more duties. Before she arrived in Askana, she was traveling with a small of guards to Kal Vosk to meet with the dwarves on a diplomatic mission.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:22 pm 

APPEARANCE

BASICS
Name: Razmus Deepsunder
Race: Dwarf

RELATIONSHIPS
Romantic Interest/Partner: None set.
Family: None set.
Friends: None set.
Other: None set.
Social Skills: He is not known for his personal friendships. He is professional but rather distant.

LOCATION & TIME
Hometown: Kal Vosk, Lenovia
Current Residence: None; Lost in Askana.
Time Period: Medieval (fantasy)

BACKGROUND
Talents/Skills: Proficient with a great sword and waraxe. A good head for business.
Abilities: None.
Personality: He is a bit gruff at first but he is not unkind. He is blunt and straightforward, but fair and honest. As a friend, he is loyal and true. He takes great pride in his skills and his both his former and current profession.
Strengths: Proud. Active. In-shape. Shrewd mind.
Weaknesses: Too impersonal at times. Rather unimaginative in most areas.
History: He is a former military officer who is semi-retired. After he was declared to old to serve ten years ago, he started his own trade caravan. He was a brave soul and willing to go places that some caravans dared not go. He still trains to keep himself in as good of shape as he can. Prior to the start of the year gap in his memory, his caravan and his cargo of fresh summer furs were bound for the northern, snow-bound Lenovian town of Faybury. His caravan and its load are missing.

Last edited by Teal88 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:54 am 

BASICS
Player Name: Ari

Full Name: [Raiye Zepherel Dawntracker]
Nickname: Rai, Raizel Dawn
Race: Elf

APPEARANCE
Stands at 1,85 cm tall, average height for male elves. His facial features are androgynous, but have a definitely male appearance, with a prominent jawbone, and an oval but a little edgy face. Almond shaped green eyes, a straight nose and thin but well shaped lips are placed well and make a picturesque appearance, as is common to the elvish race.
His pointy ears are pierced, with two silver pieced earclips with the same half-round shape but different engravings, a star on one side and two half moons on the other. His skin is a little sun-tanned, and a tone darker than his fair, light blonde hair. Growing at waist length, a loose braid keeps most of it together for convenience purposes, with some shoulder length hair strands framing his face. If the hair is lightened up in the midday sun, one might discover a slight rust-colored glow.

Due to his occupation as adventurer, his body is lean but well trained.
However, Rai usually hides his facial features and the muscular but lean body behind a deep dark green cloak, with a hood that almost covers his eyes, not disclosing his outer appearance, to keep away from attention.

RELATIONSHIPS
Sexual Orientation: probably straight.
Romantic Interest/Partner: none.
Family: unknown
Friends: (explained in history)
Other: Has a few year long gap due to circumstances, and his memory loss deems not from being spirited away but due to natural reasons.

Social Skills: Good manners, but not an extrovert. A better listener than talker.

LOCATION & TIME
Hometown: Forest of Silvarrain, Lenovia
Current Residence: Forest of Lenovia Askana

BACKGROUND
Talents/Skills: Bow mastery, daggers, herbalism, traps, knowledgeable with magical races and animals.

Abilities: Forest magic consisting of wind and plant magic. Uses wind blades and guided arrows to strenghten his bow when necessary. Uses plants to bind a target. Has a moonstone amulet and silver-moonstone earrings that strenghten his magic, when he is not in a forest. (If taken off, the magic he can use outside the forest is negligible.)

Personality: mild-mannered, calm, soothing, but not a pushover. Can be (rarely) stubborn. A little shy, but not apparently so.
Strengths: rational, intelligent minded. Equally friendly and good mannered, non discriminating. High tolerance in stressful situations.
Weaknesses: too forgiving, will not kill anything if there is any other choice besides that. The friendliness is heartfelt but detached from material world, as with most elves. Has no concept of money.

History:
Rai is an adventuring elf, in contrast to his brethern, he was always actively seeking other races to travel with and be connected to, since the first time he ventured out into the world.
He is well trained in his discipline - the bow and daggers - , but is also well mannered and compared to some adventurers not rough at the edges. This might be just a racial trait of course.

The last thing he can remember is that he was out on an adventure with his companions, when they encountered a major mishap. In the unavoidable battle, he saved his companion, but got heavily injured instead of him. Hitting his head, Raizels memory lapse is not one year prior but a few years earlier, maybe that is why he seems to cope well with being spirited away to Askana..
His injuries are now completely healed, however, either due to the additional memory lapse from the changes, his memory is failing him quite a lot in some things. He had been still in the process of putting his memories together, when he appeared to not be in Lenova anymore. So, his memories are now all over the place, and he has to piece them together once again.

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:29 pm 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Funniest Member (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)

APPEARANCE

BASICS
Player Name: Sir Trever the Mighty
Name: Kevkas Wolfswift
Race: Half-Elf

RELATIONSHIPS
Romantic Interest/Partner: Single
Family: Elf mother and human father both deceased
Friends: A wolf named Fenris
Social Skills: Few and far between. His social skills rely on acquiring provisions for his travels, or bounties for funds, so don't look for small-talk in dealing with this hunter.

LOCATION & TIME
Hometown: (Somewhere in Lenovia)
Current Residence: Constantly on the move.

BACKGROUND
Talents/Skills: Skilled with a bow out to 150 meters. Further if the weather permits, and his elven sight allows well placed shots even at night. Basic hand to hand combat known to defend himself against wild animals. An expert tracker of animal and humanoid alike.
Abilities (if applicable): Knowledge of simple nature spells to ensnare or aid in his tracking.
Personality: Focused in his drive to track down his quarry, whatever it might be. He doesn't see many people as little more than expendable tools at best, with few exceptions. As such it is difficult to travel with him, as his loner personality clashes with group effort.
Strengths: His precision with a bow has given him great confidence in his own abilities, and when he is in the wild, very little can escape his tracking eyes, or see him coming.
Weaknesses: When out of his environment, his confidence dwindles. The social environment of the urban sprawl leaves him skiddish and jumpy, and the crowded streets make his main weapon impossible to utilize well.
History: Growing up in the wilderness with his parents was more than Kevkas could ever want in his life, and they were the happiest days of it. His father a seasoned hunter, and his mother an estranged elf, lived quietly in a secluded forest for years. In the year of his fourteenth winter however, they found that the forest was not as secluded as they had thought. A mighty dragon had moved into the territory and did not like trespassers on his new-found land. The beast swooped in destroying Kevkas's life faster and more violently then anything he had seen before. Scared and using the skills his father had taught him, he hid within the rubble of the home as he witnessed his parents both succumb to the dragons fierce attack. He stayed still for two days waiting for the creatures return among the rubble of his home and bodies of his parents, but it never returned. Gripping his fathers broken bow, and whatever else he could carry, Kevkas walked from the home not looking back, becoming a man of the land on his constant quest to find the dragon that killed his family, and more importantly, find a way to kill it.

His journey would soon be accompanied by a wolf-pup, orphaned by Kevkas from a recent kill. Where the pack was Kevkas wouldn't find out, but this pup, Fenris, would soon become his only partner in his quest for vengeance.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:02 pm 

Ok, I am working on the first post right now. So, the IC will be up shortly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:27 pm 

I posted. =)

ImageImage