All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dawn Over Olympus (OOC)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:25 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

This was never posted in interest check, as Sojourn and I had decided to go ahead, others interested or no.

There will be a prologue written between she and myself (1x1), and then we would like to open this to some others afterwards.

The plot goes something like this: Around the time that Greece was swallowed by Rome, and lost its independence, the Grecian gods also fought a catastrophic battle against the protogenoi, Nyx, and her minions. They were defeated, forced into exile, acquired amnesia, and lost the bulk of their powers. Then replaced in the hearts of mortals by the impostor Roman gods, who were actually shadow entities, servants of Nyx.

In the present day, numbers of the key gods have dwindled to being incarnated as human, unaware of who and what they once were. Some may show vestiges of what they were, while others have refuted or reviled wholly their sphere of influence. (Poseidon, for example, might well be a mountain man with a dread of water)

But, there is going to come an opportunity for the pantheon to awaken once more. Naturally, Nyx is still about, and she and her nightmarish brood have a vested interest in making certain this doesn't occur.

This *isn't* going to be another "camp half-breed" sort of story. We are aiming for something different --- darker in tone, and focused on the characters as people, regardless of fantastic events, and whether they are "people" or gods.

Posting rate should be fairly casual. But that still probably means more than once a week, depending on your role.

The setting is Ancona, Italy. Any character must have some reason for being, or getting there, eventually. But you needn't begin there.

Any of these may be taken as characters in the story:

- Awakening Greek gods (Zeus is already more or less awake, and an npc)

- Humans reincarnated from the time of ancient Greece, who were involved in the calamity, in some way.

- Normal people from the present day. (Which may sound un-glamorous....but if someone wants to go this way, we will work them in in a significant way. The hero is often a normal guy, etc. )

- Heroes, demi-gods, mythic creatures and others featured in Greek myth. (A case by case basis, with any of these. We'll need a viable backstory that makes sense of your presence within the story)

- Nyx's children, if you're in the mood for creative, colorful villainy.

- I think we'd like to assume the titans are still prisoners within Tarterus, and not a part of this. But this may be subject to change.

Current characters-

Sophia Evans / Athena ~Sojourn

Anna Evans / Dysis, Athena's Oracle ~Imagine

Chris Carver / Ares ~Gunther

(TBD) / Hermes ~The_Silence

(TBD) / Artemis ~RainAzel

-Heather Nova, Winter Blue

Hawkgirl: "Standard interrogation technique. I was bad cop."
Superman: "You're always bad cop."
Hawkgirl: "Why play against type?"
Urd: "I'll just be Santa's little helper...so to speak."

Last edited by Imagine on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostThis post was deleted by Leumas on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:12 pm.
Reason: user request
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:29 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

The following Gods have been claimed already and are not available for anyone else to use:

Zeus
Athena
Ares
Artemis
Hermes
Moros

Any other Greek god is free game. =)

ImageImage

Last edited by Sojourn on Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostThis post was deleted by GreyHelm on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:37 pm.
Reason: Requested
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:25 pm 

Character Sheet

Modern World Name:
Ancient World Name:

Picture (optional)

Ancient World Title:
Modern World Occupation:
Modern World Age:
Relationship Status:
Family:

Background: (Both in the Ancient World and the Modern World)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:27 pm 

Modern World Name: Sophia Evans
Ancient World Name: Athena

Ancient World Title: Goddess of Wisdom
Modern World Occupation: Cashier at a grocery store
Modern World Age: 21
Appearance: Sophia has a long dark, curly hair that falls pass her shoulders. Her eyes are green and she is about 5'6 with a hour glass build.
Relationship Status: Dating a loser named Dean that her family doesn't approve of.
Family: Sister: Anna, Mother: Lynette, Father: Bradley

Background: A lifetime ago, Sophia was known as Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom. She was one of the most beloved goddess of the Grecian Pantheon. She was revered both for her great wisdom and for leadership in battle. An entire city was built in her honor. She was brave and fierce in battle, loyal to the ones she loved. Outside of the battlefield, she was kind to the people. She created many things to help people advance their lives. She also was a patron goddess of the arts, so that people could not just survive life, but enjoy it. Athena was the favorite daughter of Zeus and she could see no wrong in him. She knew he had faults when it came to his lust for women but she always sided with him in any conflict he had.

Athena had many worshipers and she grew especially close to an oracle named Dysis. Allowing the oracle to channel her wisdom for the people. Although that did not prevent the great end of Ancient Greece. Even with her leadership, she was unable to prevent the bloody wars that would come with the Romans. The battles in the mortal world distracted Athena, Zeus, and their fellow gods from a true threat, until it was too late. Nyx, the Mother of Monsters and her children concocted a masterful coup that led to the pantheon's downfall. Athena was exiled with the rest, her powers bounded and her memories forgotten.

In the modern world, Sophia is a far cry from the goddess she was once was. Reborn to the Evans Family, Sophia has a comfy life. While intelligent, Sophia lacks great ambition. She would frustrate her parents and her teachers at school. She was an average student but everyone could tell she was smarter then she let on. If she applied herself to her studies, instead of just coasting by, she would have been able to get into a very good college and get a good job. Instead, once she graduated high school, Sophia took a job as a cashier at the local grocery store. She has kept the same job for three years but has no ambition to move up into management, even though she would be a good leader and others often look to her for help. When her parents divorced, Sophia took it hard. She especially resents her mother for ruining their family through her affair. Not that it would matter if Lynette had not had one. Sophia would still blame her. She is a daddy's girl and believes that Bradley can do no wrong. She began to date a man named Dean. He works as a bagger at the grocery store, who has absolutely no goals in life other then getting drunk and or high as much as possible.

ImageImage

Last edited by Sojourn on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:30 pm 

Modern World Name: Dean Reigns
Ancient World Name: Unknown

Ancient World Title: Unknown
Modern World Occupation: Bagger at a grocery store
Modern World Age: 24
Appearance: Dean has brown eyes and shaggy dark blond hair that is in need of a haircut. He often sports facial stubble because he is too lazy to shave. He is 6' with a muscular built, that is surprising since he rarely exercises.
Relationship Status: Dating Sophia
Family: Unknown

Background: Not much is know of Dean's past. One day he just showed up at the grocery store where Sophia Evans works as a cashier. For some reason, that Sophia's family is still trying to figure out, Sophia was drawn to him and after their first shift together, they went out on a date. Dean knows Sophia's family, especially her sister, Anna, hate him and he doesn't care. He appears to not have many goals in life, other then getting high and or drunk as much as possible. For the sisters' trip, he invited himself along.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:22 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Modern World Name: Christopher "Chris" Carver
Ancient World Name: Ares

Picture...
Courtesy: Maxi Iglesias

Ancient World Title: God of War
Modern World Occupation: Martial Arts Instructor
Modern World Age: 25
Appearance: Chris is a handsome young man with crystal blue eyes and well-defined features. He often wears his hair slicked back, but not always neat and tidy. He exudes confidence and is very muscular and toned. He stands 5'10" and weighs 200 lbs.

Relationship Status: Single and not looking. Chris has always met success with women. He lusts for women, but has no intention of a relationship other than what he can get tonight. Unbeknownst to even himself, he seeks Aphrodite, the one he loved/lusted for in the ancient world. "Love/Lust, what's the difference?" 8-)

Family: Robert Carver, 53 (Father), Diana Carver, 50 (Mother), Allison, 27 (Sister), Selena, 23 (Sister) & Adam, 21 (Brother)

Background: In the ancient world, Chris was known as Ares. He represented the physical or violent and untamed aspect of war, in contrast to his sister the armored Athena, whose functions as a goddess of intelligence include military strategy and generalship. Ares often resented his sister for her battlefield prowess, but resigned himself to not get too hung up over her successes or the adulations the masses bestowed upon her. He often felt betrayed, bitter or jealousy over her success; success he may have at times felt belonged to him. He did not care, or did he? He made an overt attempt at congratulating her on her victories, even though he felt anger to her on occasion.

Most people are ambivalent towards Ares. He embodies the physical strength and knowledge of the combat arts for success in war. He is a dangerous force, "overwhelming, insatiable in battle, and destructive". Associations with Ares endow places and objects with a savage, dangerous or militarized quality. He is both fearful and feared.

Ares suffered humiliation at the hands of the sun-god Helios who spied a torrid encounter between Aphrodite and Ares. Helios immediately informed Hephaestus, Aphrodite's husband, who invited all the immortals to witness the lust-filled encounter. The females demurred most tactfully, but the males bore witness to the carnivorous feast of flesh. They adored Aphrodite's beauty and each would have willingly taken Ares' place. But Ares drew embarrassment at such exhibitionism; public displays of lust.

In the Modern world, Chris seeks his lover, unaware. He knows not who she is or who she ever was, only that she is his soul mate. He will not rest until he finds her. He is willing to meet as many women as it takes and taste their flesh to determine whom is the modern incarnate of Aphrodite. Chris is not consciously aware of this personal quest for his love, but it is the driving force for his lust. Helios, on the other hand is someone he would challenge to combat to embarrass or humiliation.

Chris holds a fourth degree black belt in Kempo Karate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai and Krav Maga. He holds the title of Sensei or Head Instructor at the Martial Arts Academy he works for, The Lotus Dragon Academy of Martial Arts. Chris has been training for twenty years, since the age of five when he wore the Gi of a Little Dragon. His sisters also train at his Academy, but have left the dojo to pursue other careers. His brother, Adam has never shown an interest in Martial arts pursuing other artistic pleasures involving paints, canvas and music. Adam has always excelled at music playing the piano, guitar, bass, and Saxophone. He has a wonderful singing voice, but his confidence is weak in comparison to his older brother. Adam is also a drug addict.

Chris enjoys his career in martial arts. It fills this void in his heart. He is disciplined and focused in his training. He spends at least eight hours a week honing his self-defense skills. He spends another nine hours per week with anaerobic muscular development, lifting weights at the gym. He has a regular running schedule combining distance runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and sprints on Tuesday and Thursday. One day on the weekend he runs at a comfortable rate for distances greater than eight miles. The furthest he has run is 30 miles. He has participated in six different marathons since the age of 18.

Aside from Martial Arts, Chris has always enjoyed reading military history and more specifically, ancient history. He is well versed in the feats of Philip of Macedon and then of Philip's son, Alexander who conquered the Persians. It was all very fascinating to him. The art of maneuver was interesting, but he found the physicality of the fight more enthralling. That was where he drew the most pleasure. It helped him in excelling at martial arts.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Last edited by Gunther on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:03 pm 

Welcome board @Gunther

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:42 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Chris Carver / Ares

Where is my Aprhodite?
Oh no, not my former sister, Athena! /ugh /facepalm

=D

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:00 am 

Love Chris/Ares' CS.

I don't think Sophia will get along with him in the modern world either. :P

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:50 pm 

Meh... only my Lady's blowhard brother would still be about, still believing that War trumps Wisdom. You haven't learned yet?

EDIT: Hm, well, I guess you're mostly making love, not war, these days. Perhaps there's some hope for you, yet? Just pray Adonis doesn't show up, and compete for Aphrodite with you...

Nicely written, anyway, @Gunther . Welcome. Hope the holidays are treating you well, so far.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:33 pm 

Modern World Name: Anna Evans
Ancient World Name: Dysis of Athens

Ancient World Title: Oracle of Athena
Modern World Occupation: Bar band singer, lingerie model (nothing high end, sporadic work), cocktail waitress as needed, internet entrepreneur (of sorts), other odd jobs, too many to list...
Modern World Age: 25
Appearance: 5’8” tall, modelesque figure. Long, light brown hair, presently done blonde. Hazel eyes.
Relationship Status: Recently separated from a hot-shot, struggling, attorney who went back to his ex-wife.
Family: Sophia Evans (younger sister), Lynette Evans (mother), Bradley Evans (father)

Background: In the final years of ancient Greece, prior to its annexation by the Roman Empire, Dysis rose from rather humble beginnings to become one of the most spiritually in touch oracles of Greece’s history. She was a devout worshiper of Athena, having become so after a dream-visitation from the great goddess during childhood. But, if her channeling of Athena’s divine wisdom was a great boon to her countrymen, it was overshadowed by the awful wars that ensued when Rome demanded the Achaean League, last stronghold of Greek independence, be dissolved. The final, bloody defeat came at Corinth, which was razed to the ground, and marked the end of an era.

But the war that was fought in the mortal world was merely a shadow of the true conflict. The primordial being called Nyx -- Mother of monsters, daughter of ravaging Chaos, more ancient and fearsome than even the Titans – had concocted a masterful scheme that led to the downfall of the Greek pantheon. As Greece fell, so too were its gods exiled, driven into states of amnesia, their awesome power dwindled and bound. And then replaced in the hearts of all but the most devout of their worshipers by the impostor Roman gods, whom in reality were shadow entities in service of Nyx.

Dysis suffered horribly in that calamity. Not only was she slain, but the impact of the unspeakable, astral horrors she witnessed, from the perspective of the gods’ realm, was far more than a mortal psyche could bear. As well as the numbing loss of the goddess to whom she’d devoted her soul. In her next several life times, she was raving mad, and died young.

Eventually, however, her resilient spirit began the process of mending. In order to do this it was needful to close the deep psychic awareness that had been her gift, her mark of excellence, as an oracle. She had been such a profoundly spiritual person, this couldn’t help but change her a good bit...

Today, Anna is a rather far cry from who she once was. Reincarnated into the Evans family, the older of their two girls, she has lacked for little. Her infancy was certainly pleasant enough. She was a happy, healthy if somewhat moody toddler. Despite a few disturbing dreams, after her mother became pregnant with Sophia, she was mostly enthused by the prospect of having a little sister. And, once Sophia entered the world --- her life was forever changed.

She was four years old when Sophia was born. She wept a great deal after the event, without being able to explain to her parents what she was feeling. Some deep mix of melancholy and joy, too much for a child’s mind to sort out. But after that brief period, she made it plain that Sophia was her baby. Anna doted upon her – did everything a four year old could manage to do to ensure Sophia was comfortable, happy, and had whatever she needed. When Sophia was upset, or woke from a bad dream, she would sing softly to her; echoes of the songs of praise and adoration the oracle once sung in honor of her goddess.

She worried over her sister constantly, though rarely attempted to restrict or interfere with her freewill, unless it might put her in harm’s way.

This period gradually phased out, as both girls grew older, and lost themselves in the things that occupy most young people. Anna still cared deeply for Sophia, but sometimes expressed it in mocking, or teasing ways. Nonetheless, whenever the chips were really down, such as during their parents’ ugly divorce, she was devotedly there for her sister.

As for Anna herself...she seems to do so very well at living beneath her potential. Like her sister, she is smarter, deeper than she generally lets on, but lousy at really applying herself. She left high school early, taking the GED, rather than face a fifth year, due to poor grades. She enrolled at the local junior college, but never completed her degree, by that time putting her powerful singing voice to work with various bar bands. She also put her natural assets to work doing some lingerie modeling, for two smaller brands. There are various picture of her loose about the internet, that on occasion come back to haunt her. She has been stalked by two perverts, over the last year and a half.

Anna uses marijuana recreationally, as well as smokes cigarettes, though recently she has quit those. For the third time. She is a little too fond of good wine, but can control herself, and isn’t truly an alcoholic.

Not so surprisingly, Anna views Sophia as the family’s real star. Her great, secret pain is that she believes her own crappy example has tainted her little sister, and stunted her success. She is torn between wanting to get away from Sophia, for her good, and wanting to be on hand to shield her from a chaotic world. Despite that one might think Anna has things in common with Sophia’s boyfriend, Dean, she cannot abide him. And has a strong interest in helping Sophia see the light, so she will dump him, and find some guy who is actually worthy of her.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 pm 

@The_Silence I responded to you in PM, like 4 hours ago...for some reason, it's still sitting there in the outbox, even though others have gone out. So, in case you don't get it, the short answer is yes -- we'd love to have you, and yes, you would be welcome to play either of those.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:12 pm 

@RainAzel: You are welcome to join us if you are still interested too. =)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 am 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Imagine wrote:
@The_Silence I responded to you in PM, like 4 hours ago...for some reason, it's still sitting there in the outbox, even though others have gone out. So, in case you don't get it, the short answer is yes -- we'd love to have you, and yes, you would be welcome to play either of those.

The outbox simply shows that you have a sent message that has not been read yet ;)

I will start working something up as soon as i am able!

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:29 pm 

Welcome aboard @The_Silence. No rush on coming up with a CS, Imagine and I are still working on the prologue before this opens up to a group RP.

Did you decide which god you wanted to claim? If so, I'll post that he or she is taken, so no one else tries to claim him or her.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:19 am 

Blog: View Blog (13)

I'm still interested X3 Sorry family is coming in for the holiday, trying to keep myself sane XD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:33 am 

RainAzel wrote:
I'm still interested X3 Sorry family is coming in for the holiday, trying to keep myself sane XD

No worries. We are seven days away from Christmas, everyone is getting busy. I hope the visit goes well and you can stay sane. =)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:34 am 

Blog: View Blog (13)

I'm sure it will X3 And thank you for understanding.