All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:15 pm 

Everything's as near or far as you wish for it to be.

Blog: View Blog (37)

Lucky Stranger [could be both strangers are lucky or only one, could be figured out later]
------------------

Name: Wesley Theodore Bux
Occupation: Corporate worker who ignores his son in favor of more corporate work. Wesley is not a believer in anything magical, only practical. So, imagine what it will be like when he awakens in a land of magic, fantasy, and adventure as real as the mundane world he came from?

Background: Wesley is a single father with a son he barely spends time with. His dad barely spent time with him either; he was the “man” of the house and had to work constantly to bring in more moolah. He desperately wanted to be close to his son, but he immersed himself in the land of dungeons and dragons, fantasy books and movies. His son’s grades at school were okay, in the B’s – but he sort of wished his son applied more to get A’s.

After the death of Wesley’s wife, he decided not to remarry. The memory of the loss for his son was too difficult and he did not think it would be right to bring another woman in the house whom his son did not know. But in addition to cutting himself off from another lover, Wesley also cut himself off from friends in general. He was slowly becoming a loner and the loneliness was starting to wear on him. He had his son, but as a non-believer, they could rarely relate to each other.

Strengths: Sometimes Wesley is able to get out of a sticky situation using logic or reasoning; when he sets his mind on a goal, he chases after it no matter how far he must go. But the problem is getting to the point of commitment.

Weaknesses: Wesley has lost the value of trust and friendship; he gave his heart totally to his wife which in and of itself was a mistake. It was not a mistake to love passionately, only a mistake to love one to the exclusion of others. Now he is lost in his corporate world where friendships are dictated by the changing winds of political, economic, or social pressures. He has never had a best friend of any kind growing up except his wife and his sister. But his sister moved far away to the other side of the country, and slowly Wesley lost all communication.

Picture:

My ideas of why Wesley is here:

a) Because someone (not sure who) knows that Wesley needed this time to develop the kind of characteristics he needs to continue with his son or
b) Because he was randomly picked by fate when the petals dropped in the lake or
c) Because he picked up a book and suddenly entered the world (but that might be too Never ending Storyish, though maybe later if we bring the son into the story, there would need to be a vehicle to at least make him aware.)

My ideas of what Wesley’s goal is in this as of yet named land:

Whatever he is doing in this land, the goal must somehow match something that is going on in his life in the other world. So if he is trying to buy a house, maybe in this land he is fighting for the rights of the poor like robin hood. But overarching goal, I believe, is that anytime a human comes to the world – something else disastrous happens elsewhere. I might need a little help with this one, something that would make sense that would somehow necessitate both characters joining forces somehow. I'd love to hear your thoughts, Sojourn, and no worries - you have complete leeway to change up the plot as needed for your idea.

Part of what I was thinking, though, is it might be a little comical to see what it is like for a human from earth wearing strange clothing to interact with a stranger and a strange world. Probably, he won’t believe it at first until reality sets in and he realizes … he’s basically screwed. Now he wished he paid attention when his son went on and on about adventures and excitement!

What are your thoughts, Sojourn? I am totally flexible and except for God-modding or controlling characters not belonging to us, I have no real set rules for playing.

Last edited by MioYum_Yum on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:44 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

You and I are both in agreement about god-modding and controlling other people's characters. I definitely don't like either one but I'm open to just about anything else.

I like option A for why Wesley would be sent to Kiara's world (I like the name for the princess and will keep it). Perhaps Kiara's intended is going to be some terrible duke who would harm the land and its people but given that Kiara is a woman, she wouldn't have much say. The people of her land would expect a king to lead them, not just a queen.

Kiara would try to help him get home but maybe Wesley has to help her with something in her kingdom first...

Just a thought and we don't have to use it but what if there is a powerful sorceress that could send him home but Wesley and Kiara have to go on a travel to find her. They bond and become friends, both becoming stronger and better people in the process. Wesley will gain qualities to be a better father and Kiara will get qualities to become a good ruler. Also, I'm willing to play a co-worker or babysitter for Wesley's son, a person who thinks Wesley needs to open up more and spend time with his son instead of always worrying about work. She could even like him but he doesn't realize it. ;)

I do have a birthday party for my mother-in-law to go tonight but I will definitely get a bio up for Kiara soon.

Also, I'm totally open to us making lots of NPCs to help along the way. ;)

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:27 pm 

Hi Sojourn! These ideas are all great, and that's how I think the story should go.

- Perhaps my character is able to help your character's father see the light so to speak about the Duke Kiara is intended for. That can be fleshed out.
- Perhaps in return, yes our characters go on an adventure together to hone the skills the other needs for their respective calling and finding this sorceress who is the key to the entire story. Meeting her will somehow climatically solve all the problems of the story ... or introduce new ones!
- I'd LOVE to do back and forth writing in Wesley's son's world to, feel free to be the babysitter/one who really cares about Wesley. Perhaps, she has some vestment in Wesley's well being too.
- I'd also like to propose an "awkward kiss" moment because I think it sounds real. I am of the opinion the two character begin to like/maybe even love each other like siblings or just best friends. However, the process of discovering this is an unknown journey at first and, at least for my character, perhaps he gets confused with exactly what he is feeling. After all, the 'duke' is not supposed to really marry Kiara, perhaps he thinks the 'story book ending' is get the girl, rule a kingdom, the end.

But in the awkward kiss scene, while the two **might** attempt a light kiss on the lips, it becomes very apparent to both of them that that is not the direction they are supposed to go in. (In other words, I'm not a fan of the Luke Skywalker, Leigh thing ... something a bit lighter than that, but still strange.) But they don't know what direction they are supposed to go in, so it might lead into some uncomfortable awkwardness for a scene or two - you know, until they sort it out. (You know, a little drama here and there.)

I'm looking forward to creating a story with you provided all of this meets with thine approval!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:32 pm 

I'm glad you like them, I like your ideas too.

- I'm thinking the king thinks the duke would perfect and Wesley would definitely have to help show him that the duke is bad for Kiara and the kingdom.
- I like the idea of going back and forth to the son and I'm fine playing the babysitter too. Perhaps the babysitter is meant to be Wesley's new love but he doesn't realize it. I see her loving the boy very much and caring about Wesley too.
- I love the awkward kiss idea. I think them becoming friends and loving each other like siblings would be perfect for this story.
- I'm kind of a sucker for a little bit of romance. Maybe they met Kiara's true love along the way but until the awkward kiss, it's love triangle. He could be the Han Solo to their Luke and Leia. ;) If you like that idea, you could play him since I will also play the son's caretaker.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:58 am 

Name: Princess Kiara of Cyrch

Background: Kiara was the only child born to King Geoffrey and his late Queen Juliana. Her dear father, who has began to grown senile in old age, has felt that she should be kept safe in the castle. The princess always had a sense of adventure and has always believed the best way to rule her people was to truly know them and understand what they need from their ruler. That could not be done trapped inside the castle walls. Although Kiara loves and respects her father, she doesn't always listen to him. She would often sneak out of the castle in commoner clothes to interact with the people and also convinced the Captain of the Guards to teach her how to use a sword, not only so she could protect herself but also so she could lead her future soldiers into battle.

Unfortunately for the soon to be queen, not everyone in Cyrch is open to the idea of having just a queen rule them. Many suitors were brought to meet the princess since she reached courting age but she rejected them all. Each time, King Geoffrey accepted it, he wanted his only child to marry for love. The old nobility, however, now has the ear of the king and believe that what is best for Cyrch is for Kiara to marry the Grand Duke of Loxem. Kiara objects to the whole idea. Not only does she feel nothing for the duke, she doesn't trust him either. She sees nothing but terrible things coming for her kingdom if she is forced to marry him.

In his senile state, it seemed the king had forgotten his own wish that Kiara only marry for love or maybe, he had convinced himself or others did for him that Kiara does love the Grand Duke. Either way, the king told his daughter the Grand Duke would be her husband. A wedding is to take place after her 21st birthday. Upset at the news, Kiara decided today was the day she would finally defy her father and his wishes for her to never go to the lake and drop daisy petals in it.

Strengths: Kiara is wise beyond her years, having not only a well rounded education but also because from the time her mother died, she took a great interest in learning how to be a good queen by watching her father rule. She is also compassionate. She cares about her people, no matter their social standing and tries to help those in need. She truly wants to be a good queen. Kiara does have a sense of adventure and would never be one to be cooped up in a castle.

Weaknesses: Kiara is stubborn and does not always listen to her father. Despite his insistence that she never drop the daisy petals in the lake, she chose to defy him because she was angry at him for telling she was engaged with out her consent. Although the Captain of the Guards trained her, she is not as skilled of a fighter as she thinks she is. She can be impulsive at times and act without thinking. She also never truly had a real friend growing up.

Picture:

Mio: Let me know what you think of Kiara's bio. Names of the kingdom and such can be changed if you'd like.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:44 am 

I totally love it! I will be sure to contribute to the plot with twists and turns along the way, but I honestly like playing to the element of the unknown and using my partner's ideas. It is doubtful I will object to very much.

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas; I think we shall go with them!

I am very busy today Sunday and I felt the need to start the story right away so as not to leave you hanging. I hope you don't mind:

http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=48540

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:21 am 

I'm game for lots of plot twists too. I think we got a good story forming here.

I'm going to have a busy Sunday too. We got an early Thanksgiving to go to with friends.

I'll get an opening post up soon and also work on a bio for Brandis' babysitter.

Is Jennifer his late wife's name?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:07 pm 

Hmm ... maybe ... yes, let's go with that - his wife's former name! :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:13 pm 

You are a great writer and imaginative! I shall have trouble matching your wits ... alas ... I shall try! Thank you. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:28 pm 

Thank you. Don't sell yourself short, I think you're a good writer too. :)

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:42 pm 

Edit: I got some new ideas for Audrey. :)

Name: Audrey Moyer

Background: Audrey Moyer and Jennifer, Wesley's wife, were friends before her passing. They went to college together. While Jennifer met and married Wesley, Audrey's love life wasn't as grand. She and Jennifer discovered they were pregnant around the same time. While Wesley was happy to become a father, Audrey's boyfriend ran off on her. She became a single mother to her now twelve year old son, Trenton. She loves her son and would not change having him for anything in the world. Although it is hard at times to be a single mother. She took a job at the local preschool when he was little so she could spend lots of time with him. Even after he aged out of the school, she decided to keep her job because she likes it and she has a great boss who is very flexible with her hours. Allowing Audrey lots of time with her son.

Because of her friendship with Jennifer, Trenton and Brandis have been good friends all their young lives. Audrey always thought Wesley was a nice guy but too focused on his work and was never as close to him as she was to his wife. When Jennifer died, Audrey was heartbroken. To help Wesley out, Audrey began taking care of Brandis when Wesley was at work. She has grown even closer to the young boy but also cares about his father too. She does believe that he works far too much. She doesn't doubt that Wesley loves his son but he has thrown himself into work since Jennifer passed away and Audrey doesn't think it is healthy for him. It saddens her because she knows Brandis misses his mom and he feels at times his father doesn't want to spend time with him. Audrey wishes she could get Wesley to ease up on his work and spend more time with her son. She also has developed a crush on Wesley but thinks he is far too focused on work to ever notice her. Plus, she would never tell him because she feels it would disrespect her friend's memory.

Strengths: Audrey is a smart and resourceful woman. Capable of holding down a job and raising her child on her own. Things aren't always easy for her but she makes sure Trenton wants for very little. She would do anything for her son and always puts his needs before her own. She is also is caring, she treats and thinks of Brandis as her nephew. When Jennifer died, Audrey promised that she would look out for Brandis and Wesley. Although looking out for a man who is so absorbed in his work is difficult.

Weaknesses: While Audrey has no problem telling Trenton or Brandis exactly what she thinks, she is more reserved along other adults. She is a good mother but so focused on making sure her son has everything he wants, she puts herself last. It can be a cause of stress and although she would like to date again, she hasn't seriously dated anyone since Trenton's father ran off on her. She's afraid to open her heart and also too shy to tell Wesley what she thinks.

Picture:

ImageImage

Last edited by Sojourn on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:57 pm 

Here is a new character to be used when necessary, it is the man of arms captain of the royal Guard, Navarez who actually admires young Kiara, all be it in secret so he does not lose his job or do something foolish to embarrass himself or the royal throne.

Name: Navarez Darius
Occupation: He is the captain of the royal guard, especially assigned to her ladyship, Princess Kiara of Cyrch. However, it is an unspoken assignment; Navarez can be busy in conquests, but when he is around - he is to keep an eye on her safety. While it was a pleasure to do so, not in recent years. She has grown ... well, grown in height and stature as well as loveliness. He hopes that soon she will become queen and he can simply protect her from afar; he thinks of her night and day especially when he is at the castle, and he thinks such devotion would be acceptable only if he were truly head of the knights that would protect her rulership in general.

Until then, Navarez tortures himself. Besides, she is now betrothed to the Duke of Loxem.

Strengths: Navarez has a strong sense of duty, valor, and temperance. Most of the guards under him, though respectable in their own rights, sometimes seem to do the minimum necessary to be a knight. They have probably had as many women under their wings that they wanted; but Navarez had believed that one day, he would meet an honorable woman, perhaps a fellow warrior. Should he pursue her, it would be for permanent keeps and loyalty. Having not found one as such yet, he is not attached.

Weaknesses: They say the very thing that is your strength can sometimes be your weakness; Navarez cannot stand women or children crying and often goes to the ends of Cyrch to help them. No matter who they are. This odd weakness sometimes causes Navarez to go on long perilous journeys that he would otherwise skip. He is the type of knight to rescue a damsel from a dragon, but only because the damsel is someone else's mother, daughter, sister, wife, or friend.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:28 pm 

I like him. He could be the one who taught Kiara to use a sword.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:19 pm 

I updated Audrey's bio. She's a single mother who had been friends with Jennifer before her death. I see Audrey and Jennifer often taking their sons to things together because they were close in age.

If you have any issues with the update, just let me know. :)

I just thought Audrey having a connection to Jennifer would make more sense why she cared so much about Brandis. Especially since her son is friends with him.

How old is Brandis? I'm going to make Trenton the same age.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:56 pm 

You are able to fill in the blanks very well! I'd say Brandis is 12 years old now; that age in which he is still forming his own thoughts and wanting love, but also wanting to be his own person from time to time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:59 pm 

It does sound like two stories are occurring simultaneously, I'll need a little help to go back and forth. Wesley is gone for an extended period of time, so how exactly does Audrey know where he is or does she know where he is? That'd be an interesting story line in and of itself!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:14 am 

Twelve is a good age. Old enough to be a little independent but still young enough to want to spend time with his dad. Trenton will be the same age and I'm thinking because of their mothers friendship, the boys are close too.

What happens with Audrey and the boys will be interesting too. She'd let Brandis stay with her but get the police involved to find Wesley. Of course, he'll probably be gone so long, they think he just left on his own but she won't accept that.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:42 pm 

I have a suggestion to start Brandis story line with Audrey and Trenton. Maybe he calls Audrey and lets him know that his dad hadn't came home yet. Since he's 12, he could possibly spend an hour or two after school alone while waiting for his dad to get off work. Or maybe he was hanging out at Audrey's house and she was taking him home for the night, when they realized Wesley wasn't there and she tried to call his co-workers who haven't seen him either.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:52 pm 

Sojourn - Your idea is wonderful, but I have a twist on it and one that will also explain the arrow being shot at him in the last scene. This is going to get **veryyyyyyy** interesting. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:47 pm 

I love twists and can't wait to see what you have planned. :)

ImageImage