All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:45 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

WELCOME all of you. This will be a bracket style tournament. Once you've received your partner one of you will set up the fight in the 1v1 section. The person on the top of the bracket pair (randomly generated) will choose to post first or second.

Posting Rules:

1. The person who posts first gets to choose the environment.

2. The person posting second gets to attack first.

3. the entrance of your character can be whimsical, fantastical, overall really really cool, and make absolutely no sense whatsoever. After this, however, there is to be no reality altering or nonsensical posting. You character cannot block an attack, take time for tea, travel to china, and then pop back in behind your opponent to blow their head off.

4. You must post a link to your character sheet at the top of your entrance for convenience. If your character is not up to par (the standards below) you will not be disqualified. Your character will simply be nerfed in the fight. As in you can't use this, but can use that. Etc. It'll all be hashed out but it'll likely be quite annoying. Much easier if you just start with a legal character.

Character and Combat Rules:

1. Characters should be of meta-human level abilities. Abilities should not exclude

- Moving at the speed of sound. In fact nothing should move faster than a bullet, especially not your character.
- the ability to destroy anything as big as a house in a single blast. This should cover general strength and energy abilities. You shouldn't be able to bench press a mountain.
- Characters should have a stamina limit. You should be breathing heavily after about thirty minutes of battle. This also applies to pain tolerance. If there is any reason your character can stand more pain than your average rp character (because let's be honest, we put them through a good bit of abuse) then that's fine. Otherwise you shouldn't be able to get your arm ripped of and charge straight back into battle.

All that being said, characters should and can be balanced in different ways. Your character could be made of glass (an expression of course) physically but have a large mana pool. I'll try and review all the character sheets as closely as possible but mainly, just be reasonable and if there's a question as to a character's OPness don't hesitate to contact me. I have a personal hatred for op characters.

2. No abilities are able to take control of your opponent's character or their npc's. If your character is a psychic, for instance, he or she cannot simply mind control the opponent and make them kill themselves. You shouldn't even be able to touch their mind. No psychic influence, nothing.

3. Likewise to number two, no metagaming. Your character should in no way be able to know anything about your opponent he or she has not gained from the fight. They could make assumptions and connections through observation. Situations differ. Just be fair. They should never have met until now (unless for some reason you agree with the opponent to do so. I have no idea why you'd want to but hey, go ahead.)

4. Setting traps. Not usually mentioned around here. A trap is something which is not stated outright in the post, but can be pmed to the judge (in this case, me) and told so that your opponent can be caught in an otherwise hard to set situation. For instance, you character may dive behind a wall. He could set a motion detecting mine there to await your pursuer's unsuspecting arrival. Well if you put this in your post, the surprise is ruined. They'd just walk around to the other side of the wall. But to set the trap you could simply say you dove behind the wall, and pm me that your character has set the mine. As long as this is pmed to me before your opponent responds, the trap is set. When they respond i will then post in the fight saying whether or not the trap was successful and you will continue the fight from there.

5. The most obvious. No godmodding. If your character fits the qualifications, you can still be a douche and dodge every frigging thing your opponent throws at you. Keep doing this and you've godmodded in the worst way possible.

If there is an argument you and your partner cannot resolve on your own. (What attack should've hit, etc.) Contact me and i will resolve it. At the beginning of a fight between me and another contestant, we will both agree on a judge to consult in such a situation together. Once the Twentieth roles around i'll post the bracket and we'll all start our fights from there.

Post your character sheet, and nothing more (to make this run smoother) in the section below by the twentieth. I will then post the bracket and after this there can be ooc chit chat but anything which needs decided can and should be mostly done in pms between partners and me.

If there is any immediate questions go ahead and post them with your sheet and i'll answer them all with the bracket.

Last edited by Bottlecap on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48186#p320776
Personally i'll be using this little psycho, Travis.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:03 pm 

By the power of Grayskull!!

I'm using pretty much the only regularly-used brain baby that I've posted. Fun.

John Cena Theme MIDI. Because why not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:31 am 

I'm throwing in this character.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48244#p321711

With an additional clause that her Multilocation ability is limited to three clones at one time, as per Bottlecap's request. To keep things fair.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:37 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Name: Kaito Ishida (Kai)
Race: Human

Religion: Kajuri - A religion involving the expression of oneself through dance. There are many kami (spirit gods) who exist within Kajuri and each can be prayed to during the performance of an elaborate dance, similar in design to martial art forms or tai chi. Kaito's primary Kami is the water kami. Kaito has been blessed with the ability to manipulate water elements as spells.
Description: Kaito "Kai" Ishida, 22 stands 5' 7" in height and weighs 155 Lbs. He has long black hair braided at the back of his head forming a topknot and tail that extends roughly two and a half feet down his back. A three-inch vertical scar adorns his left cheek interrupting the lay of his beard when grown out. Kai prefers clean-shaven, but occasionally displays a scraggly beard.

Kaito is referred to as "Kai" by his friends and responds more readily to this nickname than his formal name. But he uses his formal name for all important matters. Kai tends to dress in black and white. The color black dominates his attire with the occasional smattering of jade green wearing robes and cloaks quite frequently.

Kai tends to be quiet, keeping his thoughts to himself. He is a good listener and does what he believes his right. If a companion can logically argue why he should do something, Kai will follow. He is loyal to a fault. He may speak his mind if witnesses such a malicious grievance deserving of justice. It is during these times of injustice, that Kai cannot prevent himself from acting out in the name of righteousness.

Kai is an optimistic lad who believes he controls his own destiny. He is not shy to speak up for what he believes in, preferring silence and restraint over boisterous bluster. He knows himself well and foolishly believes he is capable of taking a life, if necessary. Although, he never has taken a life, the young man's bravado pervades his thoughts on this topic, waiting to be tested.

Strengths:
- Agility
- Stealth/use of shadows
- Stronger around water
- Use of bladed weapons

Weakness:
- Fire/Fire spells
- Earth spells
- Lack of armor; wears cotton clothing
- Unfamiliar with higher technology weapons.

Biography: Kaito was raised a farmer, but desires to be a warrior since the age of awareness. He began training in unarmed combat at age four. Two years later he was introduced to the bō staff and has acquired great skill in the use of this weapon. He has also trained in throwing knives, swords and the use of Kamas. The Kama, occasionally referred to as a Kai is a natural weapon for a farmer. The weapon was initially used as a farming tool and then adapted to a combative use. The weapon serves as an extension of his arms. Kai received training in the use of the swords; a combination of bōth the long sword and the short sword in unison. Kaito has incorporated his weapon uses in a sort of a Kata with his fighting styles. His grace in exhibiting these forms favors the aesthetic, can be pleasing to view.

At a young age, it was discovered by the priests at the temple he resided in that he possessed some powers over the water elements. by using various material components and uttering practiced words, Kaito is capable of casting various spells with varying effects. He possesses a mana pool that is drained slightly when cast. After an evening's rest, his mana pool is returned to full. During the day, he can consume the mana. Once his mana pool is empty, he has no more until the next day. A spell list is included at the bottom of this spell sheet. He has access to several others, but currently only has the ones listed below memorized and available to him.

After leaving the farm, Kaito found his way to Pryton. He met a man who referred to himself as a thief. Initially, Kai was under the misconception that was a bad thing, but apparently there is a large group of thieves, members of a guild who offer their services out to "acquire" things for a fee. The pursuit or occupation was one Kaito felt naturally compelled to engage in. He learned from a few master thieves, how to pick locks, detect and defeat simple traps and to hone his balance. His previous training in unarmed combat aided him in this endeavor. He found the trade to be a comforting one and was soon accepted as a thief or in some circles, Rogue in the thieves' guild of Pryton.

By age 21, Kai found himself in Aborline. His fighting prowess well honed, accentuating his heightened agility and ability to hide in the shadows, climb walls and understand various languages. Kai does not rely on power or strength to fight, but on body mechanics and technique. Continued practice in these martial forms coupled with a few well placed water spells has aided his ability in preserving his own life and getting by in the world. At one point last summer, he participated in underground fighting to earn extra cash.

Possessions:Kai has few possessions, a small leather pouch fastened to his belt and tucked into his cloak containing a half a dozen gold coins and a few silver pieces. A small pack or more accurately, a blanket wrapped by a length of rope embraces his torso over his left shoulder, cinched at his right side. A length of Jade on a leather cord acts as a necklace. A few pouches containing material components for spells are available to him. His cotton trousers and vestments are one of his few possessions with a pair of low soft leather shoes. He carries his kamas tucked into his belt. A pair of swords slung beneath his satchel, protruding from his right side about waist high. The bō staff serves as a walking stick during his travels.

Available Water Spells:

Blessing of Healing - Kaito must be focused and within ten feet of a wounded friend and heal a small amount of their wounds. There is no material component for this spell. Kaito must utter or think "Sano" and focus upon the recipient of this healing spell. It is a low level spell which will stop bleeding, in some manner; maybe cauterizing the wound and restore breathing. The wound is still exposed and subject to infection. The reverse of this spell enables Kaito to inflict a small amount of damage upon an enemy. Kaito must utter or think "Lanio" in order to inflict a small wound upon an enemy. The wound will ooze with blood and is subject to possible infection. Casting this spell consumes 5% of available mana. This will allow Kaito to heal his own wounds as well.

Fortune's Turn is a water spell which allows Kaito to divert a projectile. When Kaito or one of his allies, who happens to be standing within ten feet of Kaito, he can cast this spell by uttering or thinking, "Defendite Oblecto". This spell will cause one to three projectiles to fall harmlessly to the ground. This is an instantaneous spell. It does not remain in effect like a shield spell. It is cast for a specific threat, has an effect and is spent. If there are successive incoming missile threats, Kaito would have to repeatedly cast this spell for each attacking missile. Casting this spell consumes 5% of available mana.

The Inner Ocean is a water spell allowing Kaito to become living water for a brief time. The material component for this spell is Ocean Kelp. Kaito must insert the kelp in his mouth and think, "Aquam Vivam". Upon uttering or thinking these words, he becomes water. He returns his human form, but his body becomes fluid. Any objects aimed at him will pass harmlessly through him including fists and swords. He can travel at an advanced rate of speed along bodies of water like rivers, lakes or oceans while in this form. The spell lasts for no more than two hours and can be canceled sooner if Kato desires. Casting this spell consumes 10% of available mana.

Yuki's Touch is a water spell allowing Kaito to cause a body of water to freeze in a way of his choosing, forming ice shapes. The material component for this spell is a white rose petal. Kaito must hold the rose petal in hand and drop it into the water as he utters or thinks, "Aqua ad Gelu, Ponte Transire". Upon casting the spell, the rose petal is lost and the body of water, regardless of the current temperature will turn completely into ice for up to one hour or when Kaito cancels the spell. The area of effect is never more than that with which is needed. Kaito could never turn an entire lake, sea or ocean into ice; a path across a river, pond or stream would be sufficient. Casting this spell consumes 5% of available mana.

Summon Water Spirit is water spell allowing Kaito to summon a small water spirit which obeys Kaito's commands. Kaito must have a piece of jade in his possession and needs a Lotus Petal to cast this spell. He utters or thinks, "Nympha Adsignatos surge". When the spell is cast, a bright light erupts from the ground next to Kaito. A well spring pops up into the air with water surrounded by a mystical cloud. Within sixty seconds, the cloudy vapor takes on the shape and appearance of a large human man standing just under seven feet in height. It has no real definition; with swirling limbs and body outline. A light blue hue surrounds the spirit or kami.

The water spirit will protect Kaito during combat by placing a barrier of rushing water in front of any hostile combatant attempting to get near him. The Kami also deflects any missiles hurled at Kaito. The water spirit's weakness is fire and earth. Earth based weapons will slow the Kami down into a sludge until it cannot stand any longer. Then it melts back into the earth. Fire magic will make it s team and evaportate. Air and void have no effect upon the kami.

When Kaito is not in combat, the kami can carry up to three hundred pounds worth of encumbrance and keep up with the party. It does not complain. If the Kami is encumbered and a battle erupts; it is needed to protect its master, the kami will drop its burden and perform its assigned tasks. Kaito can dispel the Kami whenever he wishes. Casting this spell consumes 10% of available mana.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Last edited by Gunther on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:07 am 

I'll use this little nerd
Sangoman | +
Name: Sangoman Remórde (Picture linked)
Titles: The Shadow Priest; The Fortress Mage
Nickname: Pinky
Species: Fairy
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 107 lbs
Regular Group Role: Defensive Support Mage
Specializations: Healing, Evasion, Battlefield Control, Limited Mimicry
Appearance: Sangoman is very short in stature and slight of build. He's got a bit of a babyface, a characteristic typical of his species. He's quite deserving of the nickname 'Pinky,' dressing almost entirely in pink, black, and grey. He dresses very modestly, always covering himself entirely from the neck down. He wears a tight, black shirt and pants underneath his robes, as well as purple gloves and boots. He keeps his long, pink hair in a bun on the top of his head. Whenever he is using magic, he wears his plague doctor-esque mask, which helps to amplify his magical power.

Personality: Happy-go-lucky, timid, and too caring for his own good are all things his friends would use to describe him. He's never without a reason to smile, at least in his own mind. While reserved around new people, he's quick to open up, provided the person he's meeting is nice. He's very protective and supportive of his friends, doing what he can to help them when he can. He is usually very forgiving if crossed, and doesn't typically seek revenge. He's very patient, and does what he needs to do to succeed.

Fighting Style: In combat, Sangoman is typically backed by a group of allies which he protects with his formidable defensive magic. He has decent mobility to get around the field, usually used to bait out enemy attacks against him which are rapidly negated by his magic, leading opponents out of place to be picked off. Most of his magical abilities lie in healing, shielding, æther magic, and control and counter magic, making him incredibly difficult to kill on his own, and an unrelenting force to be reckoned with when he has a team to back. His offensive skills are limited at best, having only two routes of attack on his own. First, he has weak offensive fairy magics including bursts and bolts of fae magical energy, as well as life draining magic and possible damage from some of his control magic. Second, he has to ability to mimic the powers of demons he has linked himself to, using much weaker versions of their abilities.

Example Spells:

Healing&Protection | +
Purge- Dispels all magical effects from a target, as well as curing poisoning by purging the toxin from their body. Full removal of toxin or magical effect takes about 2 minutes, scaling up to 10 with the power and duration of the effect/toxin being purged
Mend- A basic healing spell, knits together skin and bone, reconstructs tissue to some degree. Can reattach recently severed appendages.
Barrier- Provides a long term shield that slowly depletes over time, or upon taking a certain amount of damage. Blocks both magical and physical hits from reaching the protected target.
Flicker- Dispels an allied target into the æther for a moment before returning them to how and where they were before the flicker. An altered version may be used to move a target like a short distance teleport.

Control | +
Wall of Denial- Instantly constructs a massive, impassable wall of fairy energy. Blocks both magic from passing, as well as stopping any physical movement through it until it is destroyed or dispelled. Basically acts like Barrier, but as a placed wall. Slowly depletes in energy over time or upon taking damage from a hit or a spell.
Faemine Field- Creates a large number of brightly glowing pink wisps in the air in an area, making movement through the area difficult to do without tripping one of the lights. Touching one causes it to explode in a large blast of light and magical fae energy, causing a decent amount of damage and throwing the target back quite hard, likely into another faemine.
Fairy Fetters- Pink ribbons of fae magic are controlled to bind a target, chasing them down if needed, wrapping the target and anchoring them to the ground, rendering movement incredibly difficult and suppressing magical abilities.
Repulse- Can be used at a single target or in a radius around himself, or a radius originating from a specific area. Causes a practical explosion of force, forcing away anything in the area quite a distance
Æthersnap- Similar to Repulse, forces away a target, but in the opposite direction it was coming from, with quite some force and backlash. Can be used offensively to smash an opponent into something, as it forces them back the way they came very hard.
Fairy Mist- Doubles as both a control/zoning spell, and as one of his most powerful offensive spells. Creates a toxic, choking bright pink, glittery fog to come into existence in an area. Not bothersome in the slightest to fairies such as himself, but most creatures will succumb to the toxic air in minutes of exposure.

Offensive | +
Faebolt- Fires a barrage of magical bolts, each doing meager damage
Death Grasp- Sangoman clutches at the opponents life essence with his magic, attempting to drain it from them, restoring his own mana and stamina while draining theirs. Long enough of a channel can kill an opponent or render them unable to fight. Must make physical contact, coating his hand in spirit magic and reaching into the target's chest for their soul in an attempt to drain it.

Mimicry | +
Lilu- From his link with Lilu, Sangoman can use weak pyromancy and astral magic. Most aren't powerful enough to bother with, due to Sangoman's complete ineptitude with fire and astral magic
Nyro- From his link with Nyro, he gains weak Illusiory magic and the ability to dissipate his body into a gaseous form, losing all ability to do anything but move.

Strengths:
- Massive Mana pool, can cast spells for days, especially with the mana drain against targets that have any from death grasp.
- Difficult to kill. Between his healing, barriers, and direct control, good luck killing him.
- Observant, quick to figure out an opponents weaknesses and use them against them.

Weaknesses:
- Very weak offense. Relies on outlasting an opponent while pelting them with lightly damaging fairy magic, or hopes for them to be dumb enough to run into his faemines. Needs to keep somebody in place to kill them effectively, or to slowly wear them down while outlasting them
- Without his magic, he's incredibly vulnerable. He's tiny, and practically made of glass. He's overpowered in hand to hand by almost anybody. If he runs out of mana, he's out of the fight.
- Healing takes time, and magic takes some degree of focus. If somebody gets to him, stays on him, and keeps on hitting, he'll have a hard time getting them away from him, if he doesn't just outright die very quickly.
-Needs distance to be able to fight effectively. Only his faemine field and fairy mist are effective at close range, the former only because he won't trip his own mines.
Theme: River Flows In You
Battle Theme: Animus Vox

A few random facts for a feel for the character:
- Sangoman loves ballet and ballroom dance. He may not have wings like most other faeries, but he can glide across the dance floor as if he did
- Loves music and plays the flute and the violin. He and his friends often play music together; Lilu sings, Scyler plays the violin, Sangoman plays flute, and Blake plays the piano. He adores every minute of it
- Genuinely loves taking care of people
- When in battle with his friends, he takes on the persona of a leader, calling out commands to them. He controls the battlefield and the pace of the fights by manipulating their opponents, so he calls the shots for his friends.
- Loves both action packed days and quiet evenings. Loves to cuddle up with any and every one of his friends during their usually somewhat quiet evenings, especially on movie nights
- After playing music, his favorite hobby is crocheting and knitting. He loves the look on his friends' faces when he surprises them with something new he's made. If you can't tell, he's a pretty big softy
- Silently battles depression. Deals with it by forcing himself to live for his friends. They give him hope, and make him happy. They are his inspiration, and he feels he owes everything to them.
- Was exiled from his home for dedicating himself to the darker aspects of priesthood, becoming a well renowned shadow priest. He worked with demons instead of holy spirits, leading him to his current group of friends after making contact with Lilu when he still lived in the Second Circle of Hell.

Changes as per Bottlecap's request:
- Death Grasp now requires physical contact to work. Must physically reach for his opponents soul inside their body, ætherizes his hand in the process, so it deals damage to nothing but their soul/life force
- Purge takes about 2 minutes to fully dispel effects or purge poisons from the body. Time varies by strength of effect
-Flicker cannot be cast against an opponent
- Wall of Denial acts like a deployable version of Barrier. Not so much of a change as it is a clarification

Last edited by megarandom on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:13 am 

So there's like five participants? I always thought for a tournament to work we need multiples of 4? I.e. 8 participants in the preliminaries, four in semifinals, then the two in the finals. Not pulling out of this, just thought I could bring this up. Are we allowed to enter multiple characters to fill out the bracket or what?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:14 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Lawman is onto something there. Should we introduce NPCs or multiple characters?
I'm still waiting to see if my character is OK. It is in my character repository linked in the signature.
Kaito Ishida

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:27 pm 

I had anticipated six entries, in which i was going to judge a wildcard. How about i have each of you throw in another character, and just pull mine out? Sound good? Keep him as an alternate just in case. I'll have plenty of judging to do anyways. @Gunther @Lawman @megarandom @monstermanchego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:32 pm 

Kaito is completely legal. @Gunther

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:56 pm 

Oh snap. So I need a second character, eh...? Aight, then. I'll get started on another character sheet, then. I might need an extension on the time until the start of the tournament, though... -___-"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:16 pm 

Same as @monstermanchego. Got another character I could probably port into this. But will need to convert their character sheets from Zetaboards BBcode to PHPBB code... can't do that while I'm currently at work.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:50 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Kaito Ishida has been posted.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:48 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Name: Liwanu (pr: Lee - Wah - Noo) or "Growling Bear"
Race: Human

Description: Liwanu, 35 stands six feet and weighs 180 Lbs. Liwanu is an Amer-Asian with ancestry leading to China, Caribbean, Africa, Russia, and America. His dark skin is attributable to his African genes and his almond shaped eyes to his Asian genes. Liwanu is very muscular with leathery hands and calloused feet. He is considered by most to be a handsome man and he knows it.

The name "Growling Bear" was one he picked up as a child. He behaved in a manner complimentary of a bear and growled when he became angered. It is a nickname that has stuck with him.

Liwanu can be a happy go lucky kind of person if his needs are taken care of. If he feels disrespected or harmed in anyway, he will seek retribution believing that every person should be held accountable for his actions. He prefers not to have to fight women and children, but will if they fight him. If things are going the way Liwanu would prefer, then he finds ways to turn the situation around. He is at his best when under stress.

Liwanu is an honest man and hates his living environment while at the same time loving his family. He is torn between his environment and his clan. He understands how bad things are and would like to get away. He needs a reason to get away and go someplace. Fear of the unknown keeps him in place.

Generally Liwanu is quiet; reticent. Once he gets to know someone he warms up to them and becomes friendly. If Liwanu likes the person, that person will see his warm and inviting smile. For those that Liwanu does not particularly care for, they will see only his reticent expression; the door is closed.

"Liwanu" | +

Strengths:
- Dexterity; quick on his feet.
- Strength
- Stronger around fire
- Use of bladed weapons
- Use of firearms
- Experienced in Martial Arts (Tae Kwondo, Kempo Karate and Krav Maga)

Weakness:
- Water/Water spells
- Void spells
- Lack of armor; wears cotton clothing
- Arrogant and given to allow his own pride to prevent him from seeing the truth. He has a tendency to underestimate opponents. This can cause him problems.
- Enjoys playing games of chance which may be good or bad, but tends to get him into trouble.

Biography: Liwanu grew up in a commune. His mother cared for him along with others who may or may not have been his natural born brothers and sisters. He always referred to them as brother or sister even though racially, they were as diverse as the rainbow in color. He never actually knew if he had a natural brother or sister and never cared to ask. The subject never came up. But the children who lived in the communal environment were all his brothers and sisters. His mother was the only woman he knew for sure was his mother. She was of Asian and Russian descent, but thoroughly American. He was aware that his father was of African and Caribbean descent, but never knew the man. His mother told him he died when Liwanu was not quite one year old.

A blessing from God or an inheritance from a father he never knew, Liwanu possessed the ability to manipulate fire. He gathers a pool of mana which is restored after a night's sleep. He has practiced the art of fire manipulation since he was aware of his gift; maybe age nine or ten?

As a child, the commune never went for food. There was always plenty on the table and the elders insured the children were fed; constantly being reminded they were the commune's future. Young Liwanu spent his days in classes with his "brothers and sisters" learning about the world they lived in, about math and science and even delved into literature. Liwanu enjoyed listening to stories and when he was skilled enough, reading.

At age five, he was introduced to Master Sensei Lei Xiang Minnow who taught Liwanu discipline and focus through martial arts training. He earned his first black belt in American Tae Kwando at age 11. Master Sensei Mook Kaduk trained him in American Kempo Karate at age 13 and he received his 1st Degree black belt at Age 18. He also received his 2nd degree black belt in tae kwondo at age 16 and the third degree black belt at age 25. Master Sensei Lei Xiang Minnow trained the young Liwanu in the use of the sword at age 10 initially using a wooden training sword. He was awarded a real sword made of steel at age 15 when he was considered to be a man.

To be a man, the boys of the commune were required to spend three nights outside the city. Boys were ready for this "test" at age 14 or 15 and chosen by the elders. They could carry one weapon and only the clothes on their back. They could survive as a group or as an individual. The highest survival rates among the boys were those who worked as a group.

When Liwanu went through the trials of manhood he entered the forest with six other boys. He doesn't talk much of the trials, but only three boys returned home when the trials were complete. It is generally believed that the other four boys, were considered weak and were consumed by the wild. Those experiences hardened Liwanu but also made him fearful of his environment. He honed his fire abilities during these trials. They did provide him with an unfair advantage.

As a young man, Liwanu has learned to deal with his fears gaining confidence in his abilities and slowly becoming ready to venture outside. He was probably ready years ago, but life has treated him well. Only recent events have motivated him to seriously consider leaving home and heading into the neighboring province.

Possessions: Liwanu wears cotton trousers and a shirt with a silk lined leather hooded black cloak and soft leather shoes. He carries a small leather pouch fastened to his belt and tucked into his cloak containing a half a dozen gold coins and a few silver pieces. A small pack rests on his shoulders. A length of Gypsum Crystal on a leather cord acts as a necklace. A few pouches containing material components for spells are available to him. He carries a pair of swords slung beneath his backpack, protruding from his right side about waist high. The bō staff serves as a walking stick during his travels. HE carries food and water as well. Although he is experienced with the use of firearms, he does not carry one. If the opportunity should arise to employ one, he will without hesitation.

Available Fire Spells:

Aura of Flame - When cast, this spell provides a barrier against physical attacks from harming Liwanu. It either absorbs the energy of an attack or burns/melts materials that attempt to get near Liwanu. There is a 33% a physical object will be burned or melted in some manner if it passes through this barrier rendering it ineffective. Liwanu must have a piece of Gypsum Crystal in his possession and must utter or think, liesmas uz in order for his body to appear to become engulfed in flame. This spell can be turned off by the caster at will. This spell consumes 1% of Liwanu's mana ever five minutes of use.

Burning Hands - When cast, this spell causes a cone of fire to emanate from Liwanu's hands. This blast of fire and heat will last for mere seconds and then die down. It causes a small amount of fire damage upon the target. Liwanu must utter or think, ardens manus and have a piece of Gypsum Crystal in his possession. This spell consumes 5% of Liwanu's mana.

Chasing Osano-Wo - When cast, this spell launches a powerful bolt of fire from the caster's hands toward a target. The caster can hold the ball for several seconds or longer to release it when he desires. This spell does moderate to significant damage to its intended target. Liwanu must utter or think ignis globus to create the ball. Then he must focus on his target and mentally cast it from his hands to the target. There is no material component. This spell is instantaneous and consumes 10% of his mana.

Disrupt the Aura - When cast, this spell allows Liwanu to create an imbalance in the target's energy or mana pool which would prevent healing. Liwanu must utter or think, perturbo while holding a small petal from a star magnolia flower. The flower petal is consumed during the spell casting and costs 2% of Liwanu's mana.

Fire Seeds - When cast, this spell allows Liwanu to turn acorns and berries into grenades and bombs. Liwanu must utter or think, Edatur telum and sprinkle the powder of Anise Magnolia upon the berries and acorns. The nutty bombs will cause small amounts of damage to anyone within 10 feet of the explosion. Repeated explosions increase damage over time. This spell consumes 5% of Liwanu's mana affecting roughly 20 acorns and berries.

Fire Walking - When cast, this spell allows Liwanu to enable those touched to withstand the heat of non-magical fires, so the targets are invulnerable to normal fire damage. Liwanu must utter or think, ignus praesidium and blow the powder of Kobushi Magnolia upon the targets. This spell consumes 2% of Liwanu's mana.

Flaming Sphere - When cast, this spell allows Liwanu to give the target a brief burst of speed, but leaving him drained afterwards. Liwanu must utter or think, globum ignis and hold a sample of sulfur powder in his hand. This spell consumes 2% of Liwanu's mana.

Fury of Osano-Wo - When cast, this spell allows Liwanu, preying to Osano-Wo, to call upon lightning to attack his target. Liwanu must utter or think, fulgur percusserit and to raise his Bo Staff up into the air, pointed at the clouds or at least skyward. The lightning strike causes moderate to high fire damage to the target. This spell consumes 25% of Liwanu's mana.

Heart of the Inferno - When cast, this spell allows Liwanu to launch a bolt of fire. Liwanu must utter or think, ignis globus while focusing on his target. Each bolt of fire inflicts a small amount of damage and can be fired repeatedly as it consumes Liwanu's mana. This spell consumes 5% of Liwanu's mana.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

Last edited by Gunther on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:10 am 

Entering one more character then.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48244&p=322127#p322127

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:53 pm 

Yeah we'll extend the time to the 22. Unless you would just rather have your second spot as my character @monstermanchego if you don't want to make a whole new character.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:57 pm 

Beautiful. Love the penguin @Lawman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:56 am 

Nah, it's cool, I can make the second character. I like to think that I'm relatively good at making characters. Worst case scenario, I just make a character sheet for a character I made for IRC a long while back - I have an overabundance of those sorts of characters, honestly, and with varying degrees of quality that are mostly dependent on when I made them - and throw them into the tourney.

Anyway, I've got some relatively sour news. Due to some IRL business, my time on the internet will be very limited for quite a while; until the end of the month at most. So, if you start the tourney before then, PLEASE don't have me in the first fight...

Hopefully, though, this damned pause will mean that I have more than enough time to work on the second character sheet, and maybe even create a new character for it specifically. I might stumble across some interesting ideas for fighting styles during my absence, or have a sudden brainstorm as to the character's backstory. In any case, hopefully this second character will be a good one. >:D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:04 am 

Also. That is the most beautiful "imaginary friend forwardslash invisible guardian"-type character concept I've ever seen.

NOBODY TOUCHES THIS WRASSLER PENGUIN'S FILET MIGNON, BRUTHER!! OOOH, YEAH!! STONE COLD STUNNER, BRUTHER!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:31 pm 

Alright the first round will be as stated as soon as the other twogive me their character sheets. Just wait a bit they'll be here. Megarandom has already told me about her character just hasn't actually posted yet.

Lawman #2 ------\_______
Gunther. ------/ \
|----------
Megarandom #2 --------\______/
Monstermanchego. --------/ \
|----------
Monstermanchego #2 ---------\______/
Gunther #2. ---------/ \
|----------
Lawman. ---------\______/
Megarandom. ----------/ Bottlecap
(To fill the gap in t. the third round)