All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:00 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

One girl's accessory is another girl's weapon! (OOC)

Inerest check - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=480&p=5166#p5166

IC - TBA

Basic Plot to Know
Setting: Modern day.
Genre: Modern + Fantasy + Romance + Drama + Humor.
Idea: You buy a necklace which turns out to have special powers, now you need to decide if you'll keep it or give it away to someone else. Or if the power was made for you.

Big Picture

A group of friends in their last year of high school decide to use their Christmas money to spoil themselves. When they go to a small hole in the wall, they find a woman selling necklaces. They buy whatever catches their eye and head to their separate homes, excited about their latest purchase that symbolizes their bond which cannot be broken.

The next day, the group comes together at school and they each notice strange things beginning to happen. They are being followed by a mysterious duo. And that's not all, it seems the necklaces glow when the person wearing it experiences an intense emotion like rage, jealousy, love, joy, sadness. Anything. The friends rejoin after school to decide what's going on.

It is clear that the necklaces harness different powers and that someone else wants them. It is now in the hands of the group to decide to give up the necklace or fight this foe who is after them. The duo then corner one or two of the teens from the group and sway them into working for them and getting the other necklaces from the others. The evil duo then begins to make trouble for the bustling town, in attempt to draw the necklace wearing kids out into the open.

I will not be giving everything away so soon. I will be playing the two male "evil guys" who find 1-2 of the characters and keep in contact with them. More will be revealed in the story. If you know you want you character to be one of the 1-2 picked to be evil, let me know, otherwise I'll pick myself.

You may play an enemy with a necklace or someone in the group of friends. I will decide who gets what power so if you just want to join so you can control fire and wear a mini skirt or something, leave now. I take my roleplays very seriously and expect a lot from those who join.

Rules

This is set in modern day, you're a human teen around the age of 18. Have human faults and traits, I don't want to see a character that no one is like. This is supposed to be realistic mixed with a mind blowing fantasy element. Just think, if YOU had the power to control a shadow or something, how would you really react? Let's make this fun shall we?

I will be leading the story in the beginning but please, do not assume my character who isn't bad, and I will be playing one main character, is the "leader" of the pack. If someone else is going to make a "take charge" kind of character, I'd be happy to work alongside them while roleplaying. However, I have final say in what goes down. If someone posts something very very out of place, I will make you Edit it or I will have someone delete it. I do not like loners or asses in my roleplays. It's disrespectful to everyone to wants to have fun and write.

I do not want to see walls and walls of boring text. I will make an exception for you introduction post in the IC, but please do not bore us with things we don't need to know. I don't need to know what color bra your character put on, sorry that isn't detail to me, it's creepy! I expect 4-5 paragraphs per post, nothing under 3 and nothing over 7. This is Advanced aka Alpha so please use detail but be smart about it. Using detail for feeling and setting the mood. Use it wisely. We can post quality and quantity here right guys?

I want this to be active, I should see a post from at least two people here, twice a day. Putting together 5+ paragraphs shouldn't take eight hours. Do not speed post or slug post. I want everyone to be involved and have a part to play, we all rely on one another. I will start bothering you if it's been a day or so since you posted and I feel you should post.

Details

I encourage romance and drama, this is high school guys. There's drama everywhere!

I want Character Into + About the Roleplayer PM'ed to me, do not post them here or I won't consider your Character since you can't even read.

I will be assigning powers when I find out the personality. Personality wise, first come first serve. I do not want 3 depressed laid back emo people. It just won't work. I will also be the ones giving you the necklace, you do not pre pick it.

This OOC format is actually based off of the way my friend did his, so format wise goes to him.

Also subscribe to this!

Last edited by Genkai on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:04 am 

Characters Approved

TBA

You will be playing a high school student. You will be friends in a group of 4-5 people. You will have known each other since Freshmen year.

Character Info

Name:

Appearance: (real pictures only)

Powers: (pick 3 numbers between 0-20 and I'll take the three random powers picked and let you pick between them.)

Personality: (1-3 paras please)

History: (a good 3-5 paras please)

Other:

About the Roleplayer
Comfort Zone: (Something else to help me pick your powers. This is how awkward the situations you can be put in before you decide to ditch the rp. As this is going to be a semi-realistic rp, you won't be able to say "Don't do that" and expect for them to listen.)

When I'll be on: (Never put on these, but I don't know why. Please put use Eastern Standard Times.... yes, because I live there, but we've got to have some standard, don't we? ^>^)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:25 pm 

We need male players, the 2 female spots are now pending approval.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:44 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Just wanted to drop in and let you know I'm very excited to get this one going and figure out what my character's power will be. If you need me to run two characters, that would be fine with me. Other than that, I'll leave everything up to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:47 pm 

Thanks. I hope to start this soon this week maybe Wed at the very very latest.

I hope to see some male CSs...if I don't, I would love it if you doubled.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:56 pm 

Alright, sounds awesome to me. If no one else does by the end of tonight, I'll start working on a new profile tomorrow because I have a day off of work. I won't get too attached to it, though, in case someone else wants to join in like two days.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:08 pm 

I might just wait till Monday. Alright, do what you'd like and I'll get to sorting out powers and what not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:15 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I think I'll join. I'm working on my character.

It's better that I see it through your eyes"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:17 pm 

I think all we need is a male.

And by the way the delay in PM'ing people back is due to something personal which happened yesterday, thus throwing my mojo off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm 

Okay. I just sent you my character.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:08 pm 

Blog: View Blog (6)

Oh you take care of yourself above all else!! No pressure! You keep yourself as safe and happy as you can! :(

Damn straight I'm good in bed! I could sleep for days! :3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 pm 

Don't worry about it Genkai, life happens. Take it easy for a few days if you need to.

Personally, I feel bad for taking so long making my second character. It should be ready tomorrow, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

No prob, I can wait. :D

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:20 pm 

Yeah, Genkai. It's fine, just take it easy, alright?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:29 pm 

I feel bad.

And spot, it's okay I don't think it's needed now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:31 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai

Don't feel bad, take care of things in RL and stuff okay! We are a patient bunch and we understand. Don't stress yourself!

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:15 pm 

Hope everything is alright Genkai! Seriously, no pressure!!

On to the meat and potatoes ...

Can we have a moment, after you've approved our characters to swap and make up a few stories and histories between each of our characters as a group? Seeing as we're supposed to have known each other for years and what have you! :P

Just a few days to get to know each other through and through, establish what kind of tension already runs between one another, where we stand, where we go out as a group, what we hang about doing etc!! =D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 am 

BUMP! Come one guys :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 am 

Waiting for Gen to approve my char, I sent it via PM. :D

~Master to Butler Vilora