All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Bonnie and Clyde. Lovers and partners in crime who met their end together. Tragic, eh? But we have to admit it was pretty exciting while it lasted... So, that's pretty much what I'm aiming for here. The characters don't have to be Bonnie and Clyde, of course. It's merely inspiration. And they don't even have to die at the end.

We could set the story anywhere, and in any time setting, with our characters being any sort of people we choose to write. So, he doesn't have to be a bank robber. He can be a con artist, a hired gun, pretty much anything.

What I am looking for here:

- Focus on character interaction + development;
- Helping me with advancing the plot - we can discuss finer points, or you can just throw stuff at me and I'll deal with them and vice versa;
- Good grammar and sticking to Alpha standards - if you need a spell checker I can indicate the one I use.

Posting frequency: I would say once a week minimum, but we can post more often when we have time - is this okay for you?

Character Sheet template and details (all of this can be adjusted)

[Picture/Image] - I'll probably use a real person's image, but you can use whatever you prefer

Full name:

Parents:
Siblings:

Positive traits:
Negative traits:
Skills:

Background story:

Misc (any relevant information not covered before):

Let me know what you think. I'll make mine once we have the finer points dealt with.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:28 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Should I also add a weapon? As Bonnie and Clyde both had a weapon they used, Bonnie had a six shooter while Cylde had a BAR

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:40 pm 

Sort of back.

Sure. You can add it in Misc, or I can edit it and add an option for weapon/weapons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:09 pm 

2nd Year (1)

I'll add it in misc, also I'll have to make most of my CS after work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:27 pm 

Sort of back.

No problem, I'll make mine after work as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:59 am 

Sort of back.

Sorry I didn't post last night. I'll wait on yours to post, since I don't know what time setting we're looking at here. Since she's kind of following him, it only makes sense I post my CS after yours.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:41 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Alright haha, and I was letting you choose the time period:p but I got to go to work again so I'll finish up after.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:42 pm 

Sort of back.

No problem. I totally can, if you want me to. Let me know when you get back home.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:36 am 

2nd Year (1)

Sorry I still haven't posted.. Writers block is very real

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:19 pm 

Sort of back.

No rush at all, I can totally wait.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:17 am 

2nd Year (1)

So I'm getting close to finishing, but I do really need to know what time this is in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:24 am 

Sort of back.

It can be any time setting that works for you. The 20's/30's, nowadays, some other time setting. I'm really willing to roll with whatever you prefer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:34 am 

2nd Year (1)

Full name: Johnny Alexander Peterson
Current residence: 1405, Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL

Parents: Ashley Peterson, and Edward Peterson.
Siblings: N/A

Positive traits: Fearless, Creative, Hard working, Reliable, Resourceful, and Lively.
Negative traits: quick to anger, Jealous, ruthless, has dyslexia, and lacks a long attention span, is not very good with his words.
Likes: Cars, guns, money, the feeling he gets when he robs a bank, movies, rock music, baseball.
Dislikes: people who are fake, gambling, drugs, football, woman who are to easy.
Skills: knows how to pick a simple lock, like something you see in a common house. Can fix a car, clam under pressure, can speak Italian.

Background story: Born in 1945 in Rome, Italy. His mother was from Italy, but his father was part of the American Army who was serving over seas durning the Second World War. He only lived the first year of his life in Rome before he and his mother moved to the states where his father was, he moved to Chicago. Where he would spend the next sixteen years of his life, in these sixteen years he would meet his best friend Joey. They both had something in common, they were from Italy and it helped that they grew up on the same street. Thought that's really were the same's end, Joey was a full blood Italian, his mother and father were poor and could barely live on the street they did. But it was all for Joey, Joey didn't know that for some time. So he grew up pretty happy, and Johnny helped to keep happy. They played baseball together and even when they were teens they would either come home together covered in dirt or blood from a fight one of them had started.

When Johnny was fifth-teen, Joey learned he was pretty poor, and thus his best friend turned to the street to help his family have money. Johnny didn't like this course his friend was going, but he thought he might be best if he went along with. If only to keep a eye on his friend. In those two years Johnny saw the underbelly of Chicago, and some things he liked some he didn't. But in those two years he learned how to pick a look and learned how to actually fight; but Johnny had to say, he really did like being on the other side of the law. Though by the age of seventeen, Johnny wanted out of things, but Joey wanted to stay. And Joey also gave Johnny a scare, he had gone in to deep. There was only two ways he was getting out, either he had to pay his way out. Or leave by leaving the world of the living, not liking what he was given, Johnny made a third path. He joined the Navy, much to the dislike of his mother and father.

For the next four years of Johnny's life, he was part of the Navy. In these four years the Navy also showed him how to fix the engines on the ship as well as cars, letting him be a mechanic when he exit the Navy when he was done.

At the age of twenty-one he was let go of the Navy and moved back to his home city, once home he didn't do anything for a year. Or so it seemed, really he was taking part of under ground fighting. He was doing this to make money to buy his own shop, which buy the end of the year he made enough money. In truth he hated working under someone and he wanted to make his own money, though after the fight was done. He knew that if times came hard, he wouldn't take that up. It just was to much risk and it wasn't to much fun getting punched.

After buying his own shop, Johnny has enjoyed a years of rest and just working on people's cars. He has not heard anything from his old friend since coming back to the city. And doesn't think he will.

Misc: while robbing banks he uses a 12G pump action shot gun and 44. Revolver hand gun.

(automotive technician is just a guy who works with cars, nothing more. It's just the technical term, he will not know the feeling of robbing a bank till the first time they do it :p)

So I was think May and your character meets at Johnnys auto shop? Then Joey shows up, saying if he wants to be done with mob then he has to do one last thing. Which is Rob a bank with him, but they need one more person, maybe your character hears and wants to help to get close to Johnny? This is only one idea. I'm sure we can brainstorm and come up with more :3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:32 am 

Sort of back.

Character looks nice, I'll try to do mine today after work. As for how they'll get close, not sure yet, I may have a few ideas once I'm done with my character. Not sure she'd jump in like this, but not sure she wouldn't either. I'll see how she turns out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:23 pm 

Sort of back.

My power is flickering due to bad weather, I'll create the CS as soon as it stabilizes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:40 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Alright, take your time :3 you waited for the least I can do is wait

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:03 pm 

Sort of back.

Full name: April Carter
Current residence: No fixed residence. Various stints in cheap motels.

Parents: Ernestine Carter, father unknown
Siblings: Unknown

Positive traits: Quick learner, Good judge of character, Friendly, Easy to please
Negative traits: Slightly short tempered, Not too keen on hard work, Tends to speak before thinking when nervous
Likes: Books, Fun activities, Making friends, Having money without too much hard work, Helping her mother
Dislikes: Violence (towards herself), Excessive drinkers, Loud people, Arrogant people in general
Skills: Sweet talking, Lying with ease, Crying on cue, Memorizing names and faces at a glance (temporarily, she won't remember forever, just for a while)

Background story: April was born in 1950, in a small town called Raymond, IL. The town had less than 800 inhabitants in the census made that year, and couldn't get much less interesting for a girl to live in. Daughter of a seamstress and an unknown father - rumors had it that it was the priest, the school's headmaster, or pretty much any other married prominent man in town -, April had a pretty simple life. Going to school in the morning, and helping her mother around the house during the rest of the day, the girl thought her life was pretty uninteresting. Despite her mother's advice, April was a dreamer, and wanted something more than being a seamstress.

When she turned 21, the girl took what little money she had and got on a bus to Chicago, promising to find a good job and to send money to her mother. For a few months, April managed to make good on her word and send every spare penny to her mother. After some time in Chicago, things started getting complicated. A stroke of bad luck caused her to lose her job. And a bad decision got her to have her meager savings wiped out for a man she had met and fallen for. After these events, April could barely make a living, picking up odd jobs here and there - cleaning a house, doing laundry, or pretty much anything. These jobs were enough only for the girl to keep from starving, but she was making so little money she couldn't afford to pay for her motel rooms and kept being kicked out of them after a couple nights.

The only good thing that came from her time in Chicago was that April made a couple good friends and a few acquaintances - mostly people she met casually during her time as a waitress or at one of her odd jobs. Right now, April has just been kicked off another cheap motel, and is looking for anything to make a living - a new steady job, an odd job, or someone to help her out a little.

Misc: April is extremely proud, and won't admit to anyone she's in a bind - not even friends.

Last edited by Shades on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:59 pm 

Sort of back.

She's done. I though her knowing Joey, though not being extremely close to him, might work as a hook for her to meet Johnny.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:57 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Hmmm alright, but remember Johnny hasn't seen his good friend in years since he joined the navy, so I guess he would just come up in stories and the like.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:31 pm 

Sort of back.

Hmmm... I migh wanna change that then