All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 pm 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Full Name: Leandra Umbrax

Nickname: Ms. Umbra (to her students) Gotha (to her friends)

Age (birth date): 13/3/1993

Discipline: Care of Magical Creatures

House: Ravenclaw

Other positions: School nurse.

Race: Half-blood (2 half-blood parents)

Wand: 9.5", Blackthorn, Thestrail Tail Hair, Pliant

Pet: Albino raven by the name of Spectra, an impish messenger with a penchant for pranks

Other skills: Herbology, Potions, Charms

Description: Standing at 5'8", Leandra is somewhat ordinary. She tends to keep her raven black hair tied in a high ponytail (the ponytail itself is dyed white), wears light gothic makeup and a pair of muggle-designer glasses. Her face is slightly gaunt, bringing out a pair of large grey eyes. Her bodily build is slight but not unhealthily so, though her pale skin does betray slight underconsumption of some vitamins. On her days off, her style of clothing is predictably dark and victorian, but always balanced so as to fit in (to some extent) in both magic and muggle society.

Personality: For starters, Leandra's personality is the polar opposite of her style. She's bright and sociable, and merry on most days. She enjoys rainy days more than her peers, but is uncomfortable in smothering heat. She can come across as something of a tease at times, but she's usually down-to-earth. Her somewhat carnivorous nature can come across as unnerving to some, and her macabre personality can be offputting at the best of times. Finally, she's slightly narcissistic, and can be very petty if she feels her intelligence is insulted, even is she sometimes does it to others without always realising it.

Alignment: Neutral good

Likes: Meat, cabbage(!), thestrals, gothic-themed clothes, flying, quidditch, puzzles, macabre jokes, reptiles, magical creatures, medicinal practise.

Dislikes: Tame jokes, cruelty, swimming, heat, too much sunlight, small birds

Fears: Bugs with stingers, heights (when not mounted), deep or rapid waters

Dreams: Travelling the world to see natural wonders

Relationship status: Single (open for suggestions from other RPers here)

Family: No siblings, twin brother died in infancy. Parents are Solomon Umbrax and Melissa (Dwindler) Umbrax, professional thestral breeders and trainers. Cousins: Jim-Arthur McMurphy (muggle). Other family is estranged.

Brief background from birth to the current moment: Born in a twin birth, Leandra was three weeks overdue, leading to major complications. She survived with little to no long-term detrimental effect, but her twin brother died in infancy. This had led to a sheltered upbringing with only close family and the family business really impacting her early life, a result of which is her macrabre humour and unnatural comfort around the topic of death and decay. Her lack of contact with most people has given her a keen aptitude for animals, which later developed into an interest in vetrinary practise. Is at her third year of teaching, and has applied her knowledge of medicine to the school infirmary, becoming de facto nurse of the school.

Misc: Will sometimes be wearing temporary tattoos, as she makes henna-tattoos as a hobby. Patronus takes the form of a lynx. Will sometimes host "hobby hour" for the school's students, particularly when she's been bored for a long time.

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:31 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Approved, adding to the respective positions.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:40 pm 

Sort of back.

Just so everyone stays informed:

- we're waiting on Cer's character and maybe an application by creedhunter (waiting for confirmation on that)
- I'm already working on plot points, so if anyone wants to include an important plot point for their character, just PM me

IC will be posted as soon as all characters are ready and approved.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:33 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Sounds good.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:47 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

sounds good to me too

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:10 am 

I'll have my CS PMed to you today latest tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 am 

Sort of back.

Great, looking forward to seeing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:30 am 

Not sure if i should make her staff or a professor. What do u think?

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:48 am 

Sort of back.

Is there any free subject you really like? Staff is cool to, they can have a more active role when things go out of control, as they have more mobility around the castle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:49 am 

Perhaps defense against the dark arts class would be good?

The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:57 am 

Sort of back.

It is free, and it would put your char in a pretty prominent position in times of need. Go for it. =)

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:01 am 

Contest Winner (1)

I suppose there's no chance I can play Peeves? :p

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:08 am 

Sort of back.

@Kee: Nice try... but nope.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:19 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Aaaawh :( alright, then.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:13 pm 

Okay ill trying fixing up the character sheet as soon as i get home. Had to make a bunch of stupid phone calls n appointments today. Blech....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:40 pm 

Sort of back.

No rush at all. If you need any help when you're doing it, just holler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:06 pm 

Okay i will

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 am 

Full Name: Isaac Goldstone

Nickname(s), if any: Zac (by his friends)

Discipline(s): Charms

House, if Hogwarts student in the past: Gryffindor

School of origin, if went to another: N/A

Other positions: Head of Gryffindor

Race: Half-Blood

Wand: Dragon heart-string 10 3/4

Pet, if any: N/A

Additional skills, if any: Knows a few curses, hexes and jinx.

Description: Isaac stands at 5ft6 and weighs 150lbs and has a slight tan to his complexion. Isaac has greenish blue eyes with a charming smile, he has blonde hair that he keeps short and tidy with a goatee. On his right shoulder he has a tattoo of the Gryffindor logo. Isaac can be seen wearing the colours of Gryffindor predominantly red/maroon with hints of yellows.

Personality: Isaac is smart and knows how to get what he wants without causing too much harm to others. He is a warm and friendly guy and is loyal to his friends and family, he is slow to anger unless you threaten said family or friends then he could turn into your worst nightmare. Isaac enjoys seeing other doing well and will help them get there goals if he can. Isaac has a good sense of humour that few understand and can be a bit sarcastic which sometimes comes off as rude or arrogant. In the class room Isaac is hard to a point with the students and pushes them to be the best they can be, he tries making lessons fun but still educational and most students enjoy it and they know he is willing to listen to them if they need someone to talk to. He respects the students and they have a respect for him in return.

Alignment: Neutral. Isaac will always try to do the right thing, either for students, staff, family and friends but sometimes it’s hard to keep everyone happy.

Likes: Neat and orderly environment. Meeting new people and making new friends. Watching or playing quiditch. Showing off his knowledge of charms, spells, hexes, and curses.

Dislikes: Silence, been alone. Untidiness and chaotic environment. Swimming. Rude and uncaring people.

Fears: To end up dying an old and lonely man. Has a huge fear of snakes and spiders and will properly almost freeze up at the sight of one. Failing his fellow staff members.

Dreams: To marry, have a family of his own and watch his kids grow up and do well for themselves. To be in charge of the ministry of magic.

Relationship status: single

Family Mother: Mary Goldstone

Father: Jody Goldstone

Brief background from birth to the current moment: Jody is a pure-blood wizard like most the male members before him were. He was a good guy worked with the ministry of magic and against the death eaters as he saw them as pure evil and extremist. It was in their last year of Hogwarts that Jody met Mary who was a half-blood but that didn’t both Jody his love for her was stronger than worrying if she was a pure-blood or not.

Isaac was born in 1988. His mother was a stay at home mom and raised Isaac with the help of Jody as he took a few weeks off work to help with around the house and spending some time with Isaac. Isaac was very close to his parents as he was an only child but his parents did the best they could not to spoil him instead they encouraged him to make friends so he wouldn’t feel alone. The Goldstone home is a modest 4 bedroom house that is located close the ministry of magic which is in the centre of the city. The home where Isaac grew up was relatively sheltered from the muggle world and they were raised like most wizarding children. His mother was strict and hard with Isaac when it came to grades at school and expected that he passed every subject without failure. But thanks to his father Isaac excelled more at the spell side of classes like DADA and charms and really enjoyed them the most.

Isaac excelled at charms and general spells and such. It is why after a stunt at the ministry of magic where Isaac accidentally broke one of the protection charms which he was meant to be strengthening and that led to unwanted persons gaining entrance to the ministry so Isaac left the ministry in shame and doesn’t speak much of the event which is why he turned to be a teacher and hopefully show the ministry after getting more knowledgeable that they might take him back in. Isaac had many friends outside and inside then school but he has lost contact with some of his friends. Isaac been the new teacher at Hogwarts didn’t really know any of the staff so he will try and make friends with the staff as he will be working with them a lot. Isaac never entered into a relationship outside a friendship and knows he’s getting older and has to be a bit more serious with is life.

Misc: None at present time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:31 am 

Full Name: Evianna Veltrom
Nickname(s), if any: Evie
Age (birth date): 26/ June 22, 1992
Discipline(s): Defense Against The Dark Arts
House, if Hogwarts student in the past: Ravenclaw
Other positions (head of house, for instance): N/A
Race (full-blood, half-blood, muggle born): Half Blood
Wand: 13" Apple wood with Unicorn hair core
Pet, if any (optional for professors): baby pygmy fire dragon (hes smaller than a cat and doesnt get much bigger) named Razor. He tends to sit on her shoulder most of the time.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/ ... heloth.jpg
Additional skills, if any (another discipline in which your character is particular skilled other than their own): was always good at Transfigurations but took on her current discipline instead.
Picture (optional, human pictures only):
Description: Evie has bright red hair with dark amber eyes. She is 5'6 and weighs roughly 135lbs. She has a slight baby face and wears only black eyeliner, mascara, light eyeshadow, and lip gloss for makeup. Whenever she isnt wearing her robes she prefers to wear a light semi-sleeved blouse with nice black pants and strappy sandals. She always wears a silver anklet, given to her by her older brother, and a dark blue glass pendant with a raven inside, given to her by her mother.
Personality (qualities, flaws, I need your character to be described as a real person): : Evie is flirtatious and loves to have fun. She is a hard working student, also gifted with animals. She also has a tendency to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, which tends to get her into trouble a lot. Although since she took on the job of teaching, this unfortunate event has been happening less and less.
Alignment (Good, Neutral, Evil / Loyal, Neutral, Chaotic - evil characters will naturally have to be cunning enough to hide their true alignment. Remember that the simple fact a character was a student from a given house does not define their alignment -ask me if you need clarification): Good
Likes: Animals, men, Quidditch, Transfiguration, magic in general
Dislikes: Slytherin, needles, spiders, being sick, bugs in general
Fears: losing another family member, darkness, deep water
Dreams: to fall in love and start a family of her own.
Relationship status: Single
Family (parents, siblings, children):
~Alan Veltrom (father/human) (alive/ 60 yrs)
~Elaine Treyfold (mother/witch) (alive/ 55 yrs)
~Aiden Veltrom (brother/human) (deceased/ ATD: 25yrs)
~Laura Veltrom (sister/witch) (alive/ 15 yrs)
~Raiden Veltrom (brother/wizard) (alive/ 15 yrs)

Brief background from birth to the current moment (at least the major highlights of the character's life): Evie grew up on the northern streets of London. Her family owns a beautiful five bedroom Victorian style house over on Main Street. She was taught about magic at an early age by her mother. In turn she helped her mother teach her younger brother and sister what she learned when they were old enough.
Her mother went to Hogwarts when she was little and was sorted into Ravenclaw. When Evie was old enough she followed her mothers footsteps by attending the school as well. After he third year she found out that her older brother had joined a rebel cause, and six months later hr was killed. Evie continued schooling after leaving for two months while her family mourned the loss of the boy. To keep him in memory Evie got a tattoo of Aiden's name across her left shoulder blade. Since then, every year Evie always misses classes on November 12th as it was the anniversary of her brother's death.
Misc (anything else you consider relevant about your character): she has a tattoo pf her brother’s name on the back of her left shoulder blade. Her favorite class was always Transfiguration but unfortunately it was taken when she became a professor.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:40 am 

Sort of back.

Approved. Will put the IC up on my lunch break.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next