All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:22 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Me too it'll be awesome! With every character and character concept I get I'm already seeing how the group will come together it's pretty awesome!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:08 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Quin Lahn
Tag Line (remove if you wish)

Put one image here if you wish otherwise remove this line, please use the img or rimg bbcode in order to put your image here.

Name: Quin Lahn
Race: Human
City of Birth: The vast city of Dornil, situated in the far northwest of the continent, where the three rivers join the "Lake of Life" with the sea. It is said that the First Melek made the lake its home. This lake is quite special in that it is crystal blue and sparkles as if stars resides inside it rather than above in the heavens. The lake glows a faint white in nighttime. The three Rivers are called the Sisters of Fate because it is said that if one drinks the black water that comes down from the rivers they will see their fate in a vision or be driven to madness.

The Duke of Dornil rules over these lands, and his keep is located on a man-made island at the center of the lake.

Location:His current location is situated on the eastern outskirts of the Moriy Mountains, to the south east of Elmar's pass. He is near the hillsides within which the hero's camp is situated, and is currently making his approach.

Appearance:Quin Lahn is a large, stocky fellow, with a well groomed beard and a ruddy red face full of jovial delight. His eyes are dark brown yet gold-flecked. His skin is pale, but there's more red pigment in it, such that it almost seems glossy and leather-like, as opposed to pale or tan. His hair is black, albeit it shows flecks of red and white prematurely. In particular, his beard is more speckled with gray hairs than his head-hair, making him seem perhaps older than he is.

He dresses in the fine silks of the region of his birth, with loose fitting slacks and coats embroidered in many different colors. He sports a small braided ponytail down the back of his neck, though the hair on top/front of his head and his bangs are cropped short. In addition to these vestments, he has thick wolf-skin boots that he has made himself, and carries a leather belt around his waist, from which dangle all sorts of tools, potions, baubles, and other things.

He also carries a large satchel pouch with him, which contains everything he needs to survive within the wilderness. On his right side(for he is left-handed), stands the sheath of his sword, the Quimlaqh.

The Quimlaqh is a large, single edged sword, about 4 feet in length and 6 inches in width. It is mostly straight, as one might expect a broad sword to be, but the last 9 inches of the blade curve lightly upward into a gentle hook shape. The hook shape has a cutting edge on both sides. The hilt for the sword consists of guards on both sides of the sword, each 3-inches long. The handle of the hilt itself is 1 foot long, and consists of a cylindrical handle wrapped up in an intricate pattern of dyed sheepskin, about 3 inches in circumference, or 1 inch in diameter.

His ears are pierced, and he has circular plugs made of jade, ivory, and onyx. He changes them out every so often.

Personality: Quin Lahn is a jovial soldier of fortune. He has seen many battles, although none as ferocious as seems to be marching out from the south east. He likes good food, lewd women, sweet brew, and hearty conflict. When it comes to the supernatural, however, he is anything but jolly.

Quin Lahn is a superstitious man. He believes enough in the supernatural, the demons of the world of Yamira, that he comports himself with the utmost propriety when the conversation turns to them. He may be a strongman from the Northwestern wilds, but he also knows when he is outclassed, and has the sense of head and humility of spirit to admit it.

History:

Quin Lahn was born the son of a common sentry soldier. His father was perhaps just as jovial as Quin Lahn would grow up to become. Despite being a common sentry soldier, his father somehow was able to provide a rich life for both his son and his wife, although this was probably due to the highly illegal sorts of trading activities that his dear old pop was involved in. The man was a womanizer, a great social drinker, loud and boisterous, and often took his son with him on his great adventures.

Besides having his father, Quin Lahn was also the second child of 6 children, 5 boys and 1 girl. The boys became known as the "Bulls" for their wild antics growing up. They learned how to drink and visited many the prostitute as young men, but also charmed many unsuspecting innocent flowers, the daughters of merchants and noble alike when the opportunity presented itself. All of them learned martial arts from the great master Mace Wi Zhainlahn, who actually was a distant relation of their father!

Alas, their dad's illicit operations could not go unnoticed forever. His affiliation with high level crooks kept his safe for many years, but that all changed with the fall of one of the large underground criminal patrons. In the ensuing crossfire, Quin Lahn's father crossed the wrong sort of people, and ended up, unfortunately, biting the dust.

The situation was now precarious for the entire family. Quin Lahn's older brother, his three younger brothers, and mother all met unseemly fates. As for Quin Lahn, he escaped death only by entering the same trade as his father, albeit as a mercenary and assassin, and not a corrupt sentry guard. Quin Lahn's younger sister also escaped death through marriage to the great Duke's son.

Alas, the two have not seen each other for many years.

As a mercenary, Quin Lahn followed very much in the figurative footsteps of his father. Jovial, boisterous, powerful, and wild--these were the attributes that made him a much sought soldier of fortune, and soon he would leave the city on his first campaign with brothers of the sword.

Other:

Last edited by DruidPeter on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:04 pm 

approved. I'll add you to the approved characters Peter!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:27 pm 

How many slots are still open?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:34 pm 

I have three approved characters. Three reserved char slots. This leaves two open slots. Once i have all the reserved chars in i will start the IC I already have most of it ready to go.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:29 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

-claps hands-
I can wait, but I must say I'm super excited for this!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:09 am 

Me too I am very excited.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:42 pm 

*Patiently waits excited*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:09 am 

I'm posting to say, Yamirah isn't dead. I'm sorry about the delays getting this going. I've had some life stuff come up.

I'm still waiting on three character sheets. I'll wait till next weekend before starting the IC. However, even once started more people are welcomed to join up.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:25 pm 

Sort of back.

As you know, I'm super excited for this and super willing to wait for as long as it takes!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:43 am 

I'm supper excited for this too. I hope that there will still be interest even if it's taken me so long to get the ball rolling.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:30 am 

Sort of back.

I'm definitely still interested. =)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:25 am 

wooohooo

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:22 pm 

Yeppers. Same here. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:42 pm 

Still a little delay. I have half of the starter written. I'm sorry for yet more delays. I had a rough weekend.. and I've been sick today. The boss is also MIA at work and I'm having a crash course in management.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:23 pm 

No worries. I'm actually going to be helping my sister move into her college dorm this coming thursday. Before that, I'll also be working pretty hard on my webcomic, so I won't really have a solid block of time until this friday.

I'm actually a little nervous, haha. Not sure how much work this RP is going to be, but I'll give it my damned best. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 pm 

don't be nervous hun, it'll be slow paced and I'm a super patient partner. I'm hoping it won't be much work, but a ton of fun. I like to run easy paced games that are fun. No rush. As you've seen I'm quite busy myself so it's all good. I probably won't finish the starter until Friday at the earliest anyways. I have the long shifts this week.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:07 pm 

college stuff, so much college stuff Dx yeah Gerard is gonna be helping me move in and i'm going to be in band camp for the rest of the week till the Thursday after. so if y'all start put me later on the list so i can have more adequate time please?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:09 pm 

Sort of back.

Don't worry, hon! Knowing Fain, and as pretty much all of us are super busy, the pace will be really lax and acommodate everyone's schedules! =)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:54 pm 

exactly what Shades said. It'll be nice and slow. I probably won't get my starter up until Friday or Saturday so you're perfectly ok. And there isn't a posting order so no rush on posting hun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next