Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Attachment:
haunted_house-t2.jpg
haunted_house-t2.jpg [ 71.69 KiB | Viewed 10594 times ]

The house

Plot starter: In a rainy night at a rural area (I have chosen to leave the exact location vague), the characters need to find shelter for some reason - their car broke down, the path they wanted to follow was blocked, the appointment they had was canceled due to the storm, or anything else you choose. And also for some reason, the only available shelter is an old - but still structurally sound - house.

In there, the characters won't find much in matters of food, but there will be water and a dry place to sleep. As time goes by and the storm keeps raging on, the characters will start having hints that their presence there is not as random as it sounds.

There is a supernatural element that will be revealed as the story goes.

RP Rules:

Human characters only

One character per writer

Focus is in interaction, character development and cooperation, so posts should strive for integration

Cooperate with advancing the plot in every post. Don't just post something random to get it over with. Let us know if you need more time

Posting frequency: Extremely flexible, though I would request taking no more than one week on a regular situation. If someone needs more time, just giving a heads up will be enough to extend the posting time.

Posting order (flexible, but everyone must post before I start a new cycle - people will be added as they post):
Shadow - PhantomCrevan - iamcrystalqueer - madeoflove - Fain - Eferhilda - Monday - Loralyda

Note: This order can be changed according to necessity. Should one person need to post outside their assigned position, please post in the OOC or talk to the person whose turn it would be in advance, so the person know to hold on.

Preliminary floor plan for the house - only so everyone knows the general layout:

Basement: Wood storage space - as the house is really old and relies on wood for heating and cooking, junk scattered around in boxes or on the floor. There is a furnace, and in the boxes, old toys, books, journals, photo albums, etc.
Ground level: Entrance hall/living room, still with the register counter and keys to the rooms available; kitchen, with a large communal table and old, but still solid chairs, and a primitive stove; a small office behind the living room, with a desk and a file with some papers and notes on the people who have stayed in the inn; a small laundry room near the kitchen, with a large vat for the watching, a table for ironing and an old iron, the kind you put coal inside to warm.
Second floor: Bedrooms, a washroom and an indoor restroom. Bedrooms have one large bed and a dresser each. Some have mirrors over the dressers, some don't - every room corresponding to a woman will have a mirror.
Attic: Poorly lit, has a few skylights, too narrow for anyone who tries to escape through there. There are old chests with clothes and mementos from the previous occupants of the house. Each chest corresponds to one of the people in the house.

Last edited by Shades on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Rainy night OOC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:12 pm 

Sort of back.

Character sheet template:

Code:
Name:

Picture (human, please - ask if you need any help):

Description (if you want to add something to your picture):

Personality:

Profession:

Reason for being outside:

Reason for stopping at the house:

Misc:

You will notice that I didn't add a background. You can have one for your own use, or develop yours while the story happens.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:13 pm 

Sort of back.

Name: Marianne (Mari) Blake

Picture:

(Face claim: Sophia Bush)

Description: View picture above. 5'2", weight undefined, build: slim.

Personality: Social, open, very interested in knowing things about the people she interacts with.

Profession: Home designer/decorator.

Reason for being outside: Was going to a furniture auction at an old farm house.

Reason for stopping at the house: Her car broke down halfway to the place she was planning on going to.

Misc: Will enter the house in a white blouse and a black pencil skirt, and will have some clothes and a few necessities in a backpack, as she planned on spending the night out and going home in the morning.

Backpack contents:

- A nightgown
- Two sets of underwear
- A pair of flip flops
- A hairbrush
- A small cosmetic bag with a few make up items and feminine hygiene products
- 3 tuna salad sandwiches
- A plastic bottle of Coke
- Two plastic bags (for trash)
- A teddy bear

Attachment:
teddy-bear21.jpg
teddy-bear21.jpg [ 49.6 KiB | Viewed 10578 times ]

Purse contents:

- A wallet - 50 dollars, driver's license, credit card, some family pictures and receipts are inside
- Her phone
- A small notebook
- A few ball point pens
- A couple pencils
- Car keys

Car contents:

- A folder with a few designs, addresses and pictures of the house she is working on
- Two bottles of water
- A bag of chips
- A tool box in the trunk

Complete attire at the moment:

- Underwear
- Black pencil skirt
- White button down blouse
- A pair of black flats
- A wrist watch (worn on the right wrist)
- A necklace with a delicate crucifix pendant

Purse

Last edited by Shades on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:38 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Name: Gabriel Black (Gabe)

Description (if you want to add something to your picture): 6'7" tall, thin, with long black hair, gothic, quite a few tattoos on his back and arms, but artistically done and not just all over. Likes to wear dark eyeshadow and dies his blond hair black. He has jade green eyes and a few body piercings. His ears a pierced at a few locations and he has a nose piercing on his left nostril, a few more on his lower lip and two on his left eyebrow. He likes necklaces and has a few of them. He has a gothic celtic cross, a dragon head pendent and a family crest that hang from various lengths chains. Other then that he likes to wear black and loves trench coats and dusters. Typical gothic is what he wears.

Personality: Superstitious, kind, social and a bit of coward. Gabriel likes to talk. He likes to read and he is very much into the occult. He's very very superstitious. He's the kind of guy to tell you that ghosts are for real and there really are monsters and faries out there even if no one believes him. In fact most people tend to think he's a little insane.

Profession: Owner of Black Moon Books and Apothecary

Reason for being outside: On his way to acquire a rare book collection from an estate sale when the road he was taking was blocked due to flooding from the storm.

Reason for stopping at the house: It's the only place for miles around and Gabriel was planning on staying at a hotel for the night and finishing the trip in the morning since he doesn't like driving in the dark.

Misc: He has provisions for a two day trip in his car. Along with a little travel food and a six pack of monster (the energy drink) in his car. He thrives on monster as his primary source of caffein. A few random herbs can be found in his car, probably from when he transported the plants and other things he sells at his store. In his bag ( a large black duffle bag) he has besides clothing and toiletries a gun, bullets (not in the gun but in an amo case) and twin daggers along with a travel sized pillow and a plushy (yes he has a teddy bear)... His car is filled with random crap in the trunk from the lack of organization and the fact he never takes anything out unless he has to. There are for sure a baseball bat, a large bag of soil a bunch of newspaper and a spare tire. What is probably also likely are plenty detritus, old food wrappers and probably some actual food in various stages of nasty (since the car doesn't stink of nasty they are in plastic bags, Tupperware or another sealed container).

His car: The inside is a mess, but the outside is kept in absolute mint condition. It is a 2010 Black Camaro

Post subject: 23q
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:41 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Name: Rue Devyat

Picture:
Image_DSC4862 by AlfredFJones, on Flickr

Description: 5'5" Chubby and curvy. Still deceptively heavy and strong. Has dark green eyes, medium length brown hair tide back and is not wearing make up. She has a black rose tattoo on her back framed by golden wings.

Is in possession of:
Loose brown t-shirt and form fitting stretch blue jeans that allow for movement.
Black work boots and mismatched socks.
Black crop whip.
Purple riding helmet.
Cell phone (out of range).
Sterling silver necklace with rose pendant.

Personality: Rue is open and hospitable but for the most part hates being around people. Social situations make her feel uncomfortable but she is very good at hiding it. Says she is unable to do certain things but this is not because she can't but because she is afraid to fail. When need be she can be very physically aggressive and knows how to use her body to her advantage. She believes in ghosts but does not believe she can encounter them. When Rue likes you she is loyal and caring and tends to be the 'mom' of the group.

Profession: Vet tech and new hobby farmer.

Reason for being outside: Fell off her horse while trail riding miles from home. Her horse took off leaving her.

Reason for stopping at the house: Was hoping one of her new neighbors would help her out.

Misc: Rue has recently moved into the area having just purchased a farm of her own several miles away. She is not from the country originally (came from the suburbs) but loves the wilderness. Is really liberal despite her new area of residence and loves eclectic fashion, books and tea. Her medical expertise is in pregnant and nursing mares and their foals.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:34 pm 

Sort of back.

Great char! Approved =)

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:46 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Name: Charlie Cox

Description (if you want to add something to your picture): 5'7", lean, but is pretty strong. Has a pair of wings tattoos, starting at her shoulders, and running down her upper arms (so when she moves her arms, it looks like she is flapping her wings). Has a collarbone piercing at her right collarbone.
Is wearing:
Slightly oversized black tanktop, with the text "My sexual preference is: Not you" in white.
Blue skinny jeans.
White ballerina flats.
Black leather jacket.

Personality: Charlie is very social, and likes to get to know new people. However, she has zero tolerance for bullshit, and doesn't take it lightly when people try to cheat her, or lie to her. She is pretty much an open book, and doesn't feel like she has any deep dark secrets to keep from people. She is reckless, and doesn't always think before she acts.

Profession: Just quit her job as a bartender to go explore what else life has to offer her.

Reason for being outside: She was hitchhiking to another big city, when her ride started to get a bit too touchy with her. She punched him, and decided to walk the rest of the way.

Reason for stopping at the house: To wait for the rain to stop, so she doesn't have to get soaked.

Misc:
Is in possession of:
A backpack.
Her purse
A pack of cigarettes, missing two.
A lighter, and a half-empty box of matches.
Her cellphone (dead battery.
A small tub of lip balm, unopened.

Backpack contains:
Toiletries, including a wide array of make-up and skincare products.
Two pair of jeans, two tank-tops (also with some form of text), one plain black t-shirt, four dresses and her pajamas.
Three packets of Skittles, and one can of Pringles.
A half-empty water bottle.

Purse contains:
Cellphone charger.
Wallet (containing ID, a bit of spare cash, her credit card and a condom)
Breath mints.
Headset.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:34 am 

Sort of back.

Great character! Approved!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:08 am 

Sort of back.

Didn't forget about this, okay? Working on the initial plot, and giving it some time to see if Efer will put up a char.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:48 am 

Hmm... I am intrigued. But, ah, will very likely need help on the picture front, if you will have me. I will start on a character either way. (Never know when a premade character could come in use!.... Although admittedly I am tempted to use the character who is apparently becoming my recurring character...)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:56 am 

Sort of back.

I would prefer fresh characters for this one, as their stories will be built in during the roleplay. But if the character app is okay, no problem. If you want, PM me what you have in mind for image later and I'll look into something later on.

ETA: I think I should also add that people who are involved in this must be extremely patient when it comes to waiting for posts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 am 

Aye, away I go to design.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:31 pm 

I'm always patient for posts as I can be slow to posts myself. So no worries on this front =D

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:33 pm 

Sort of back.

Thanks. I'm usually fast, but with all the mess at work (today is actually kinda quiet), I prefer not to promise fast posting.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:05 pm 

I just always assume that something will probs happen and life will just blow up and posting will slow down due to life. No rush hun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:15 pm 

Sort of back.

Same, to be honest. It's better to err on the side of caution.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:35 pm 

Out of Hiatus! (:

Name: Apollo Roux

Picture:
| +

Description: 6'2, broad shoulders and a agile frame. Various tattoos with no rhyme or reason throughout his skin. The most notable an a snarling wolf on his shoulder and a laurel wreath on his bicep. Has a septum piercing. Wears loose comfortable clothing and athletic shoes throwing on a faux leather jacket on if its cold.

Personality: Slightly distrusting of others he acts carefully around strangers. Can be a bit stubborn if things don't go his way and tends to stick to his beliefs rather strongly especially if he's under stress. Thoughtful and patient he'll think things out thoroughly before acting and always tries to make sure he's getting the best possible outcome. Cares deeply for wildlife and nature.

Profession: Wildlife Rehabilitator

Reason for being outside: Was going to pick up a delivery from the postoffice

Reason for stopping at the house: Ran out of gas on his motorcycle, was seeking shelter and spare gas

Misc: Carries a black backpack with him that contains:
→ a few candy bars
→ a full water bottle
→ a pack of gum
→ his cellphone(no service)
→ a small notebook with an attached pen, inside are messily scribbled addresses and phone numbers.
→ his wallet with credit cards, drivers licence and a 20 dollar bill

His motorcycle has the following items:
→ A small tote bag with a change of clothes (plain tee shirt, jeans, socks, and underwear)
→ Another water bottle
→ His helmet
→ Self defense pepper spray and a stealth comb knife

| My Listing || Character Profiles |

Availability | +
Out of hiatus!
Available most days of the week

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:51 pm 

Eh... So what season is it? My character has essentially been traveling around the countryside for (during the current trip) at least a week or two, with a few stop overs in town for resupplying and to take an actual shower. Would feel awful silly to have him packed for a summer trip in a winter rp or vice versa.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:35 pm 

Sort of back.

@Monday: Welcome aboard!

@Phantom: Judging by everyone's choice of attire, probably spring or summer. So he can pack for good, warm weather.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:39 pm 

Oh good. Because the list of stuff was already kinda... Long. If I have a character having been doing something, it is an unfortunate tendency to try to be at least fairly accurate. I referenced three different lists of week + long camping gear. The list of gear is smaller only because I assumed "camping gear" covered somethings. Most of it probably won't even be used, but I worked it into my character's personality so there's that.