All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:48 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Link to Interest Check: http://www.creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=46951&p=300688#p300688

:: Main Plot of RPG ::

The year is 774 Ocaihrn, the second common period in the history of The Wohlodweiss Republic. General Oyem G. Hiller is preparing an invasion force to storm the Wohlodweissen mainland. He has sent repeated notices to the leaders of the Wohlodweiss republic. No quarter will be given. Men shall be killed. Women and children will be enslaved after being used for... other purposes.

Members of the republic pray for a sign from the heavens, and on the eve of Celestia, the winter solstice festival, they recieve what they think may be an answer. Moments after the great torch is lit, astronomers from the imperial observatory come rushing into the halls of justice. A storm far to the north has caused the destruction of a massive glacier face. A giant structure has been observed to be unearthed from deep within the ice. Furthermore, the symbol of the city can clearly be observed on the face of the structure!

The call is sent out for volunteers. They are to man an expedition force to the north, to ascertain just what is buried underneath the snow, and if it truly is a sign from the gods. The Trek shall be perilous. The brave heroes will recieve the assistance of the republic through the early mountain passes by way of flight. Once the expedition team reaches past the extent of Wohlodweisse control, however, the explorers are on their own. They will have to battle the elements, pierce the northward horizon, and push the limits of endurance and skill! Only one question remains...

who will answer the call?

:: Out of Character Specifics ::

So, we're looking for 3-6 players, not including myself, for this RP. A raving madman is threatening the livelihood of the Wohlodweisse, and so our players have to head up north to the deep temple, find out what's what, and use whatever they find there in the battle against General Oyem G. Hiller. We divide this quest into the following parts:

Part 1:

We start at the point on the map labelled β. From here, we get to take a plane ride through the mountains to the farthest extent of the boundaries of the Wohlodweiss Republic, just north of the equator. From there, they're pretty much huffing it through canyons and lush green valleys. On the route northward, we'll be taking the route labelled π, but this path will be inaccessible on the return journey. We'll have to take the longer route to the east.

There's a bridge over the ocean at the point marked Γ. Once our group gets to this point, the invasion force hits the Wohlodweiss Republic. Our team won't know about it, however, because by this time we'll be out of range of the UHV intranet signal. We'll be on our own. After the crossing, we head further up north to the point on the map labelled α. This is the Deep Temple, which was unearthed by the storm, and which was seen by the astronomers at the imperial observatory.

The deep temple is the dungeon of this RP. It'll take a while before we get to it, so I'll have more information on just what we'll be getting into once we actually get there. For now, let's go over some basic things about the terrain, the places we'll go, and the people's we'll visit:

If you look on the map, you'll find that there are 7 horizontal lines on the map. The central line is the equator, and the climate of the region between this line and the next lines out is temperate and generally habitable. Think as lush and green as the Ukrainian steps, but filled with lots of valleys and steep, sheer cliffs. There are meadows at various altitudes and plenty of generally less jagged areas, but overall the land very, very steep.

The climate of the region between the first line out and the second line out, by contrast, is very, very cold and mountainous. We hit snow, we hit flurries, we hit high pitched screeching winds. There are some small settlements in the southern regions, but really this is where **** starts to really get bittter. Still, the region is survivable, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

The Deep Temple is right below the second line out, and thank goodness for that. North of that third line, everything is frozen solid. Hell, even the oceans are just one big block of ice. The position marked Δ on the map is important, as there we have some ancient missile silos that are kind of under an active countdown.

And you really don't want to know what they're carrying for warheads.

Problem is, they're way too far beyond the second line out. We ain't gonna be able to walk that far. Fortunately, we won't have to deal with them until we get to the Deep Temple, and deal with what horrors lurk within... .(;_;).

:: Dice Mechanics ::

I would like to take a vote with respect to the dice Mechanics. You see, I've come up with some simple dice mechanics, along with a leveling system, which is described in this section. However, I'm not sure if this should be implemented here, so I'll let you guys decide whether you want to use these mechanics or not. If everyone is down with it, then we'll use the mechanics, but otherwise, I'll just mark this section as obsolete.

Every character has 3 Base statistics, and 3 nonstandard statistics.

1. Strength
  2. Agility
  3. Fortitude

• Max HP = [(BASE - fort) * (fort + lvl)]^3;
  • lvl
  • xp

Note: BASE is the sum of all three basic statistics.

Most everyone here should be pretty familiar with what these stats measure. The three basic statistics are as follows:

All our characters are going to start at level 1, so that won't be much of an issue. Leveling up is going to be pretty simple, as well. The number of experience points you need to reach a certain level is calculated thus:

xp needed = 16(level)² - 16(level);

Where 'level' is the level in question.

Everyone gets 8 stat points to begin with, plus an additional stat point each time they level up. The derived stats are calculated at the beginning of the game once everyone has used their stat points, and then recalculated each time your character levels up. We can keep each character's current stats in the OOC thread.

Thus, there are 2 actions for which we will use the dice mechancis:

• Melee Attack
  • Ranged Attack

The fomulas are as follows:

melee = (p1.agl + p1.str + d20) - (p2.agl + p2.lvl + d20);
ranged = (p1.agl + p1.str + d20)*p1.lvl - (p2.agility + p2.lvl + d20)*p2.distance;
damage = result - p2.fortitude

Don't let these rolls confuse you. The underlying formula is pretty simple. p1 is the character doing the attacking, and p2 is the character being attacked. agl, str, lvl, etc, are the relevant stats for each character in question, and d20 is your standard d20 dice roll. Results greater than 0 indicate a successful attack. Results less than or equal to 0 indicate a miss or failed attack.

No need to re-roll for determining damage. The damage dealt is simply the result of the attack, minus the defending players fortitude.

If you guys decide not to use the dice mechanics, then we'll just play by ear, and the last item on the character sheets will be disregarded.

:: Character Sheets ::

There are 4 different types of peoples that we're looking at:

Wohlodweiss Republic Citizen -- This is an indidivual who was born in the Wohlodweiss Republic. A full citizen with full rights. The Republic Citizens are more likely to be educated and eloquent than otherwise.

Mountain Man -- These people live primarily north of the Wohlodweiss republic. They occupy the various valleys and cliffs along the route we'll be taking to get back to the imperial city. They live in huge string-bridge communities high up within the clffs. They are excellent climbers, but much less likely to possess advanced technology, although they do make very nice gliders. A mountain man is much more likely to be physically strong, albeit not necessarily a brute, and there are plenty that are educated amongst them.

Keimar Dynastian -- These individuals are originally from much further west on the map. They don't have any particular stake involved between the war between General Oyem g. Hiller and the Wohlodweiss republic. Most of them are veterans from previous wars who have yet to invoke their status to return home to their home country. They are much more likely to be big, gruff, soldiers of fortune, etc. Although, plenty have decided to stay within the Wohlodweiss Republic, and have even married and had children!

Feel free to think up any other races/cultures that you might want your character to hail from. If you do so, try to take into account the surrounding environment. I've left pretty much the rest of the map blank, so feel free to invent your character's own backstory and home culture. There's plenty of room. The only thing I ask to keep your character, more or less, in the "human" category. No foxes/bats/furry anthros. Nothing against furry antrhos, mind you, they just won't fit within the scope of this RP.

Oh, and if you do this, try to stay clear of any origins close to anywhere labelled or our route. As we progress from area to area, I'll be putting up detailed posts in this thread about the cultures and peoples of each region, including a detailed map. So as to avoid conflicts, use any other locations on that map that aren't too close to any positions of interest as marked above.

One last thing is that, barring exceptional and unusual circumstances, anything in the "frozen solid" zones is not likely to be used as a place of origin for any character. These areas are uninhabitable for all practical purposes. True, they are perhaps survivable for short periods of time, but are completely unsuited for sustaining any sort of life or culture. Hell, even the oceans are frozen solid up there, and they're made of salt water!

Code:
Name:

Appearance:

Bio:

Skills:
   - Maximum of 2 Skills
Equipment:
   - At least 3 items here.

Base Statistics:
   str:
   agl:
   frt:

Once we get the requisite number of players, I will post a detailed map of the first local region, along with special information about the areas we'll be going through. Other than that, have fun creating your characters, and let's do this! :D

Last edited by DruidPeter on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:21 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

So for one, I had no clue this had been posted yet >.<

Another, I'm not sure how dice mechanics will work on here. I've played pathfinder, so I kinda of understand, but it is different online and in person.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

Off through the woods I go, to see my sister Snow White. My red cloak flows behind me, bright splash of color among a background of dark green and black. Let the Wolf find me, I'll invite him along, hoping that maybe we can eventually be. This I promise because my life is no fairy tale.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:33 pm 

Oh. Woop! I'll fix that right away. Sorry about that, LillithRayne. I'l update the interest thread with a link, and this thread with a link to the interest thread. My bad!

As for the dice mechanics, perhaps it would be a good idea to give some examples. Let's say that your character walks around the corner and comes face to face with a big burly guard, played as an NPC. The guard doesn't like you standing there and all, so he whips out a 9-inch dagger and stabs at you.

Whenever your character, or any character for that matter, is attacked, both the attacker and the atackee roll a d20 dice. The attacker adds his dice result to his strength and agility. The attackee adds his dice result to his agility and level. Then, the result of the attackee is subtracted from the result of the attacker.

Finally, subtract the final value by the defender's fortitude. If the result is greater than zero, then the attacker does that amount of damage to the attackee. If the result is less than or equal to zero, then the attack fails, and no damage is done.

Let's say that the guard, instead of running into you in a hallway, pulls out a gun and fires at you from across the room. In this case, both players roll a d20. The attacker adds his dice result to his agility and strength, and then multiplies that value by his level. The defender adds his dice result to his agility and level, and them multiplies the resulting value by his distance from the attacker, in meters.

The final value is again subtracted by the defender's fortitude. If the result is then greater than 0, the attacker does that much damage to the defender. If the result is less than, or equal to zero, then the attack fails, and no damage is dealt.

The dice mechanics are only meant to be used for combat between players and npc's, other players, etc. There are no dice mechanics for things like checking for traps, opening doors, scaling walls, etc. Also, if you create the NPC, then you get to decide what the stats are for that NPC.

All right. I'm going to make the links now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:40 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Reserved for CS

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:31 pm 

Hey Everyone. I'm going to close this OOC Thread. I know that I wanted to play another RP, and there was some interest in the interest check thread. Alas, it's likely that I'm going to start getting a bit busy with some things in real life, and I really don't need to worry about DM'ing a forum RP at the moment. I'll still be open to 1x1's, and will maintain my regular activities in the other threads, though.

Thanks,
DruidPeter.