All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Hogwarts 2018 - Group RP
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:22 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Please notice: This roleplay is going through a reformulation process. If you are interested in it, please PM me.

OOC Rules:

- Alpha Standards apply
- No godmodding. First offense, and you will be warned. Second time, you will be asked to leave the roleplay. If you need to move someone's character for the sake of your post, I need to see their permission here in this thread.
- Read through the other posts carefully before sending your own.
- Please follow the provided template for the character sheets.
- If you won't be able to post within the five-day period, please let us know if you want us to wait for longer. If we get no warning, we'll move ahead and you can post on the next round.
- Be patient. Everyone has lives, so if they are not posting later than the schedule, we should all be patient and wait.

Character creation rules - in place starting at this moment:

- The max number of characters is 3 for writer.
- Before creating a 'different' character (hybrid, for instance) please check with the GM.

Notice that these rules do not affect the character sheets that have been created already.

You are free to post your character sheets for approval. Please, follow the provided template.

Character List

Posting order:

Shadow (GM post) - PrincessKyra - Kee/Xeyn - Gunther - LilithRayne - Cer Kamber - Eferhilda - Shadow (Bernice) - Fain - Ristina

Posting Frequency: As said in the interest check, once every five days at least. If someone does not post within the 5 day frame, an activity check will be made, and depending on their reply, I will inform here whether we wait or the next one is free to post.

Last edited by Shades on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:33 am 

Sort of back.

Character sheet templates:

Student Template

Full Name:
Nickname(s), if any:
Age (birth date):
Year:
House:
Race (full-blood, half-blood, muggle born):
Wand:
Pet:
Picture (optional, human pictures only):
Description:
Personality (qualities, flaws, I need your character to be described as a real person):
Alignment (Good, Neutral, Evil - evil characters will naturally have to be cunning enough to hide their true alignment):
Fears:
Dreams:
Relationship status:
Family (parents, siblings):
Brief background from birth to the current moment (at least the major highlights of the character's life):
Misc (anything else you consider relevant about your character):

Professor Template

Full Name:
Nickname(s), if any:
Age (birth date):
Discipline(s):
House, if Hogwarts student in the past:
School of origin, if went to another:
Other positions (head of house, for instance):
Wand:
Pet, if any (optional for professors):
Additional skills, if any (another discipline in which your character is particular skilled other than their own):
Description:
Personality (qualities, flaws, I need your character to be described as a real person):
Alignment (Good, Neutral, Evil - evil characters will naturally have to be cunning enough to hide their true alignment):
Fears:
Dreams:
Relationship status:
Family (parents, siblings, children):
Brief background from birth to the current moment (at least the major highlights of the character's life):

Staff Template

Full Name:
Nickname(s), if any:
Age (birth date):
Position:
House, if Hogwarts student in the past:
School of origin, if went to another:
Wand:
Pet, if any (optional for staff members):
Description:
Fears:
Dreams:
Relationship status:
Family (parents, siblings, children):

Last edited by Shades on Wed May 20, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:44 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Name: Anastasia Stilinski
Nickname(s): Anya
Year: Sixth year
House: Slytherin
Race: Full-blood
Wand: Phoenix Core, looks like Bellatrix's from the movie
Pet: Black Cat named Moon
Appearance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-T-l6gD99srE/U ... blr+02.jpg

Description: skinny but curvy, she only stands about 5'3" in and weighs 111 lbs. She has one green eye and one blue eye and deep red colored hair that comes to about the small of her back.
Personality: Smart, cunning and a wise ass. This girl knows her way around and is good with numbers and words. She is very hot tempered and easily angered. She is a very jealous girl, and isn't above using magic on one of her peers if need be. She's very eccentric and a tad clumsy.
Alignment: Evil
Dislikes: Muggles, weaklings
Fears: Spiders, losing her mother
Dreams: To become a strong and powerful witch.
Relationship status: Single (secretly a hopeless romantic) Family - Father: Jonathan Stilinski Mother: Melony Stilinski. No siblings.
Brief Bio: Anya was born a pureblood. She wasn't born a mean girl, she was actually sweet and kind, but her parents wanted her to be in Slytherin like they were, so they taught her to be cruel and a smart ass. When she was old enough and got her acceptance into Hogwarts she was overjoyed. She is a rich girl who has connections with everyone and isn't afraid to use magic to get what she wants.
Misc: Anya has had the gift of speaking and seeing the dead since she was younger. She often sees them and hears them wherever she goes. They do not scare her now that she is older. And they often tell her of dangers to come.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Last edited by LadyAsriel on Tue May 19, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:05 am 

Sort of back.

Full Name: Bernice Carmody Kerry

Nickname(s), if any: Nice (friends), Bernie (husband only)

Discipline(s): Astronomy, able to fill in for Divination if needed

House, if Hogwarts student in the past: Ravenclaw

Other positions: Ravenclaw Head of House, Counselor for troubled students

Wand: Unicorn hair, 12 3/4 in, Chestnut, Hard

Pet, if any: None

Additional skills, if any: Divination. Avoids using it, though, whenever possible.

Picture:
| +

Description: Around 5'4" in height, 112 lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes, petite frame, delicate appearance in general.

Personality: Bernice is a giver. She is kind and loyal to a fault to those she loves, and tends to think the best out of all she comes in contact with. Her nature tends to make her somewhat innocent to the evils around her, but Bernice's intuition has served her well and kept her out of trouble throughout her life. She is also extremely careful not to disturb or bother anyone, and likes to keep an open mind and an open door. She might sometimes seem a little averse to forming close bonds, but it is only her shyness showing, and she will open up once she feels comfortable with the people around her.

Alignment: Good

Likes: Tea, Milk, Sweets, Children, Small animals, Flowers, Books, Helping others

Dislikes: Coffee, Spicy food, Rudeness (doesn't have to be aimed towards herself), Coldness, Meddling people, Seeing someone hurt and being unable to help

Fears: Losing her loved ones, No longer being able to help others, Her visions

Dreams: To have a happy and stable family, To remain working at Hogwarts for as long as she can manage

Relationship status: Married. Jonas Kerry, 30.

Family: Parents - Peter Carmody and Sandra Blake Carmody, both deceased. No children.

Brief background from birth to the current moment: Bernice was born into a modest, but happy family. Her family kept pure bloodlines mostly due to having lived in the same small area than due to design. The Carmodies were not wealthy, but had enough to live and were content with what they had. Going to Hogwarts, for Bernice, was like going into another world. The school probably housed more people than her whole small village. Being sorted into Ravenclaw, Bernice loved the school. It was the ideal place to quench her thirst for knowledge, and she took as many disciplines as humanly possible. Her favorite by far was Astronomy, and she did very well in Divination due to an affinity to her own intuition. It was also in Hogwarts that Bernice met the love of her life. Jonas was two years ahead of her, and a prefect to her house. The young couple clicked right away, but took the traditional route and waited until they finished school to get married and start their lives together. Jonas landed a job in the Ministry of Magic, investigation suspicious activity, and Bernice, after additional studies, accepted a position as a teacher in her old school.

Misc: Bernice has a very strong intuition, and the gift of Foresight. It is a gift she regards as a partial curse, as sometimes visions come unannounced, leaving her physically and emotionally drained afterwards. All of those sudden visions are tragic in nature, and maybe this is why she hates the gift so much. She has also been known to faint or stay asleep for long periods of time after some particular visions.

Notes on the other characters:

| +
Anastasia Stilinski: Too cunning for her own good. Should be carefully watched lest she hurts herself or someone else.

Leandra Umbrax: A good girl, but must be watched for attitude and relationship with classmates.

Headmistress Melony Stilinski: I respect her, and she keeps the school working. That is all I can ask for.

Lillith Tobby Prince: A good student, I feel she is lonely. I might look into inviting her over for tea one of these days.

Professor Tyresius Jordan: He obviously dislikes me, but as long as he is not actively rude, which he isn't, I can deal well with him. Excelent professional, has to be noted.

Aaron Peter Morris: Very good socially, and not a bad student, but I would say there is something not quite right about him. Note: invite for a cup of tea some day.

Tiernan Mortimer: An old friend, someone I would trust with my very life.

Winnie Quinn: Another one of our loners. Looks like she could use a friend.

Rita Meliflua: Socially adequate, but behavior should be watched.

Martin Girard: Observe relations with others.

Alexander Bartok Winston: A good person, always willing to work hard. Something seems to worry him, and I would love to offer help, yet I fear upsetting him by asking.

Evianna Veltrom: A good student, but a little prone to getting in trouble. Keep an eye on her and offer help if needed.

Last edited by Shades on Sun May 24, 2015 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:09 am 

Sort of back.

Almost good. Please, reorder to fit the template, so we can follow her better, and add in the items that are missing. Thanks. I'm at work, but I will review as soon as a I can.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:58 am 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)

Full Name: Leandra Umbrax

Nickname: Gotha

Age (birth date): 13/3/2002

Year: 6

House: Ravenclaw

Race: Half-blood (2 half-blood parents)

Wand: 9.5", Blackthorn, Thestrail Tail Hair, Pliant

Pet: White Snow Owl by the name of Spectra, an impish messenger

Description: Standing at 5'6", Leandra is slightly tall for a girl her age, but otherwise somewhat ordinary. She tends to keep her raven black hair tied in a high ponytail dyed white, wears light gothic makeup and a pair of muggle-designer glasses (A gift from her muggle grandfather). Her face is slightly gaunt, bringing out a pair of large grey eyes. Her bodily build is slight but not unhealthily so, though her pale skin does betray slight underconsumption of some vitamins. On her days off, her style of clothing is predictably dark and victorian, but always balanced so as to fit in (to some extent) in both magic and muggle society.

Personality: For starters, Leandra's personality is the polar opposite of her style. She's bright and sociable, and merry on most days. She enjoys rainy days more than her peers, but is uncomfortable in smothering heat. She can come across as something of a tease at times, but she's usually down-to-earth. Her somewhat carnivorous nature can come across as unnerving to some, and her macabre personality can be offputting at the best of times. Finally, she's slightly narcissistic, and can be very petty if she feels her intelligence is insulted, even is she sometimes does it to others without always realising it.

Alignment: Neutral good

Likes: Meat, cabbage(!), thestrals, gothic-themes clothes, flying, quidditch, puzzles, macabre jokes, reptiles, Care of Magical Creatures, Herbology, Charms, Quidditch

Dislikes: Tame jokes, cruelty, swimming, heat, too much sunlight, small birds, DADA, Astronomy

Fears: Bugs with stingers, heights (when not mounted), deep or rapid waters, griffs, fire

Dreams: Graduating, getting married, having kids, breeding thestrals.

Relationship status: Single, open for change

Family: No siblings, twin brother died in infancy. Parents are Solomon Umbrax and Melissa (Dwindler) Umbrax, professional thestral breeders and trainers. Grandparents: Peter Dwindler, maternal grandfather (muggle), deceased. Claire Dwindler, maternal grandmother (witch), alive. Gretha and Montgomery Umbrax (half-bloods), alive. Uncles and aunts: Robert Clarke, half-brother to mother (muggle) alive. Occasional contact. Knows of the magic world and Hogwarts. He has two children, Grant and Melody. They do not know of the magic world.

Brief background from birth to the current moment: Born in a twin birth, Leandra was three weeks overdue, leading to major complications. She survived with little to no long-term detrimental effect, but her twin brother died in infancy. This had led to a sheltered upbringing with only close family and the family business really impacting her early life, a result of which is her macrabre humour and unnatural comfort around the topic of death and decay. The last three years, Leandra has grown more and more outspoken, overcompensating (perhaps) for her lack of non-familial relationships in childhood. She's also spent an unusually high concentration of time in the muggle world, as her muggle grandfather often took care of her whenever her parents were indisposed.

Misc: Will sometimes be wearing temporary tattoos, as she makes henna-tattoos as a hobby. Patronus takes the form of a lynx. Keeper of the quidditch team.

Edit: elaborated some aspects of the sheet and changed age.

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

Last edited by Kee/Xeyn on Wed May 20, 2015 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:33 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Full name: Melony Stilinski

Nickname: None

Discipline(s): Defense Against the Dark Arts (if she has time to fill in)

House: Slytherin

Other positions: Headmistress

Wand: Unicorn Hair, 12 1/2 in, hard, oak

Pet: None

Additional skills: None

Picture: https://wtit.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/dark.jpg

Description: 5'10" in height, 120 lbs, long brown hair, blue eyes, very skinny but also busty. Most of her weight comes from her breasts and bottom and muscle. Pretty curvy.

Personality: Melony is a no nonsense type of person. She is basically the female version of Snape. She can be kind at times, however it is very rare. She only shows kindness to her daughter but that isn't in public very often. She always pushed her daughter to be the best she can possibly and doesn't take failure in her or any student as an option.

Alignment: Evil

Dislikes: Disrespecting children, pretty much everything and anything.

Fears: Small spaces

Dreams: For her daughter to graduate with high honors.

Relationship status: Widowed. Jonathan Stilinski

Family: Parents - Henry Poulin and Maria Poulin, both deceased. Daughter - Anastasia Stilinski

Brief background from birth to current moment: Just like her daughter, Melony was raised to be in Slytherin. Melony was always somewhat of a troubled girl when she was younger. She didn't have any friends because her parents wouldn't let her have any. She was forced to have books as her friends. Now that she is a mother, she did the same to Anya, though a caring mother behind closed doors, she is strict. But she is not strict enough to not have her child not have friends or a life. She wants Anya to have the life she never could have.

I also edited Anya's CS.

My Character's

Last edited by LadyAsriel on Tue May 19, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:03 pm 

Sort of back.

Kyra: I think mentioning the relation on Anya's CS would be good, just to keep it as a reference. Other than that, both approved.

Kee: Approved.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:11 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Djeez, I thought I'd mix it up by playing a girl, and here you both go an make girls galore too xD

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:13 pm 

Sort of back.

LOL
There are still a few people to make theirs. =)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Lol sorry about that.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:17 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

I have a question, though - isn't this supposed to happen in 2018? Don't wanna come across as nitpicking, but I can't see the ages of Kyra's characters match. Will someone please elucidate?

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:20 pm 

Sort of back.

Thanks, I had not looked into the years. I'll walk to the corner and stand there for a while thinking about what I have done =D

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:24 pm 

Sort of back.

Kyra:

Anya should have been born in 2001, if she's to be 17.
As for Melony, she should have been born in 1979, if she's to be 39.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:30 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Oh ya whoops I was thinking of my mother and I XD

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:31 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ok all fixed, sorry about that.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:35 pm 

Sort of back.

It's all right, it happens. I'm not the best one when it comes to numbers.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:36 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Sixth years are 16. Unless they went to school late. Just stating >.< I'm a Harry Potter geek so....

Off through the woods I go, to see my sister Snow White. My red cloak flows behind me, bright splash of color among a background of dark green and black. Let the Wolf find me, I'll invite him along, hoping that maybe we can eventually be. This I promise because my life is no fairy tale.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:40 pm 

Sort of back.

If it's end of year, it may be 17. But yes, standard would be 16.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Was ever really stated when in the year this would take place, out of curiosity.

Off through the woods I go, to see my sister Snow White. My red cloak flows behind me, bright splash of color among a background of dark green and black. Let the Wolf find me, I'll invite him along, hoping that maybe we can eventually be. This I promise because my life is no fairy tale.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next