All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:28 am 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Funniest Member (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Name: Trent Godfrey
Description: A short gangly fellow, his body speaks of a farmboy whom weathered with the animals instead of the field. Light brown curled locks jut from his pale scalp, and freckles line his cheeks in small clusters. His eyes, such a dark brown they seem almost black, are wide and curious, while his hairless smooth jaw lacks definition. Were it not for the ripples of sinuos muscle thanks to his labor and the grime covering him most days, one would think him a scrawny prince-ling.
Home City: Parcel
Bio: Born within the city of Parcel, Trent was raised as a farmhand to help around his families home. They were neither rich nor poor, but lived mild lives within the city of smiths and soldiers. Though threat of attack was frequent the skills of the men protecting the people were enough to give a modicum of peace to the townsfolk. Few were the attacks the Red flight broke through the defenses, and the fires quickly put out through various magicks. Magicks that a curious boy found awe inspiring. Among his friends in the town they played many games, imitating the soldier's and mages, and during one such game Trent discovered something amazing. He too had the gift of magic.

Troubled, his parents tried to hide it from the public once they were excitedly told by Trent, but it was far too late for deception. The boys friends had spread word of it through the town, and the next morning they had come to take, and train him in his new-found abilities. To the capitol they took him, being so young, and trained him dutifully through the years, but slowly it was found that young Trent hadn't the skill for advanced spells. The meagerest manipulation of an element seemed to allude him unless he could interact with already existing sources. Wind magic was no chore, there was hardly a lack of air to utilize, but fire and lightning proved impossible for him. Baffled and tired of his lack of progress, his trainers relented and lost hope in his plight. They assigned him to the front lines near his hometown, an assault force. In their mind, a suicide mission.
Magical Skill:Novice
Prefered Elements: None
Dragon's Color: Black

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:49 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

In regards to relationships with my character, as long as you are nice to her she will be nice/friendly toward you. She is very simple when it comes to this kind of stuff and being mostly deaf and unable to speak properly body language and actions play a huge role in how she perceives the world around her along with the people in said world.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:58 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)

Trever would like it known that this rp is on hold for the time being, but definitely not forgotten.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:22 pm 

as she said, due to the time I wish to put into this I have stalled the release until I have moved so I have a work area dedicated to my writing. I'm sorry for the terrible long wait, but by this winter it will be ready for some writing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:07 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

No rush Trev, I'll be here when you launch it again and still completely interested.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:49 am 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Name:

Nissyen Reptureelm

Female

Description:

Home City:

Hamel

Bio:
Nissyen started off life like many others before her. Born in a quite village just outside Hamel, she was the first born to her retired soldier of a father Kahl Reptureelm and a mother who was a lowly peasant woman. While her father had always wanted a large family filled with many sons, the sudden death of his wife a year after Nissyen's birth thwarted that plan. Instead of giving into despair, her father fought back and promised the young Nissyen that he would always love and protect her, while also passing on everything he knew about fighting with a spear.

Her earliest memories revolved on training, working the land her father had bought, and dealing with all sorts of issues a young girl had to deal with. One such issue that plagued her youth was her magic and her lack of control of it. It revealed itself to her during a training session with her father. He was teaching her how to thrust a spear into a straw dummy when they decided to take a water break. Her father had grabbed two buckets of water from their well and handed one to her. They chatted about what she did right and wrong with the training thus far. She was used to the scolding her father would give her when she did not use proper form. She was young, after all, and the intricate nature of combat often flew over her head as she dreamed of a life much like those bestowed upon the other girls of the village. Dreaming of dances, flowers and everything associated with that often filtered into her head as her father would explain what she should have done.

As she was lost in her day dream, her hands began to move slowly above the pail of water. Her hand circled around the rim of the bucket as her mind played out her first dance for her. She would be picked by the most handsome of boys for her first dance. Figuring she would be clumsy at first, she allowed a small grin to fall over her face as she imagined the attempt she would make at dancing. She would almost hear the compliment her dance partner would pass to her on her skills dancing. Her smile was almost unbreakable, but a shriek from her father broke the illusion and his eyes were stuck on the bucket of water. She quickly looked down, and nearly cried out in disbelief herself as she watched as the water spiraled inside the bucket, forming a whirlpool in the center. She was frozen for a few seconds before she dropped the bucket as her hands shot to her sides.

She was a mage.

She had heard the stories of what happened to mages. Tears welled in her eyes as she recalled the idle gossip she had heard. Young children torn from the arms of their families to hone their magic skills before they are sent away to fight the Dragons. She descended from simple tears to full blown sobbing.
“I am not a mage.” She would say in between bouts of hysterical sobbing. “I can't be!” She cried out as she felt the arms of her father descend upon her, bringing her in for a warm embrace as he placed a kiss on top of her head. He held her close as he too knew the fate that the army would bring for her. He reassured her that the army would never find out, that they needed to be careful and not tell anyone one. He would not allow any harm to come to his only child while he could protect her. He told her he would not let his only child be subjected to the horrors of war that he experienced. The sobbing was eventually replaced with sniveling, and the occasional laughter as her father told her funny stories. Soon enough they retreated back inside and readied themselves for bed.

The next few weeks were different for Nissyen. While her father tried to keep everything as normal as possible, Nissyens magic worked to continually reveal itself. From within their water pale to the streams they fished, every motion would solicit a uncontrollable response from her magic. From simple water spouts forming in the river to accidentally splashing her face with water when she tried to drink. Her father tried to calm her with tales of the many mages he met in his time, how they were as normal as anyone else he had met. But this not help as much as he would have liked. The days turned into weeks and soon Nissyen began to embrace her magic as best she could. First training to keep it under control, it soon spread to it's uses in the combat training she received.

This would continue for a few years before she became quite competent in a fight with both the spear and her water magic. She began to use the magic more and more to assist her in her daily life as best she could. As she neared her twentieth birthday, she began to venture into town more often than she ever had in the past. She began to socialize with the people of the town, fast becoming known as a beauty worthy of the most handsome of bachelors. It was in town where she began to hear more tales from the front-line. How battalions of mages fighting alongside normal soldiers had managed to stem the unholy hordes of beasts. The way the other people talked about mages, to an extent it seemed like they were glorifying them, shocked Nissyen. She had always held the assumption that others would fear her for being different, but she soon realized that she was wrong. Soon a thought entered her mind. What if she were to answer the calls of her King? Fight the good fight against the evil dragons. Her father had told her the many stories of his exploits and the fame he had earned enticed her. She decided she would tell her father about this when she arrived home.

Her father was less pleased with the option, which surprised Nissyen. He shouted at her that she was to not consider the option. That he did not want his only child to die at the hands of dragons. He told her that he made a promise to himself when her mother died to always keep her safe. He spoke in detail about the horrors of war. How dragon fire melted the flesh off the bones of soldiers standing next to him. The crunch that the body would make when held in the jaws of their enemy. He tried to nail in the thought that war was no place for his daughter but it only slightly dissuaded her from her desire. She was eventually convinced to let that thought rest for awhile and just help her father while she could.

The next month was a blur for her. She remembers training, spending time in the village yet the specifics of these events remained cloudy. The only details she remembers in full is when the Mage Hunters came to her village. From what she was told they had asked the children of their village if they had seen anyone with 'gifted abilities' and upon learning that they knew nothing decided to head to another village down the road. The path lead by her house and she was out training on this particular night. She did not notice the soldiers approaching her, as they walked with a silent pace that only the Mage hunters could. She was too focused in on her thrust. Her father had criticized her for her lack of commitment in her strikes, and she decided to keep trying until she herself is pleased.

“Greetings on this fine evening.” The lead soldier spoke. “Fine technique you posses, I have never seen a woman exhibit such ferocity in combat as you.”

Nissyen's eyes grew wide with suprise as the soldiers approached her. Many thoughts passed in her mind as she tried to figure out why these soldiers were approaching her home. They might have heard the stories of her father, they could be looking for young men to fill the ranks of their army, and anything besides them knowing her magic talent.

“Evening.” She said as she gave them a slight bow. “And thank you for the compliment, I have had the most wonderful teacher.”

“And who taught you how to wield the spear like that?” The lead soldier asked as he spread his arms out wide. “It might as well be the great Dragonslayer Kahl Reptureelm himself!”

“You know of my father?” She asked in a shocked tone.

The soldiers were surprised to learn that this woman was the daughter of the legendary warrior. They asked her many questions but most dealt with the same issue. Were the stories true? Nissyen could not help but laugh at the soldiers. Her father always said that while the stories were often exaggerated, there was some truth to the legends. She cheerfully explained that the stories were true to her knowledge and he was a wonderful teacher.

The sound of an old door hinge creaking in the night could be heard as Nissyen's father emerged from the doorway. His eyes darted to the cheerful look on his daughters face before settling on the soldiers. “How can we be of help tonight, soldiers. You must be tired after many travels. Come inside and enjoy some tea.”

“I would love nothing else!” The lead soldier spoke. The group soon found themselves sitting around Nissyen's fathers small table. The soldiers kept asking questions about his fights, from him defeating the sturdy brown dragon to the story of him bringing down a green dragon by throwing his spear. Soon the lead soldier stood up. “It has been my honor meeting you, Kahl Reptureelm. But my soldiers and I must be off. We came to your village looking for mages but found no traces of any here. We have a long road ahead of us until we make it to our next village.”

Nissyen and her father looked at each other. He mouthed the words “don't” to her and she flashed a weak smile in response. “I know of a mage.” She spoke as she slowly stood up. She placed her hand on her fathers shoulder. “I can use water magic.” She spoke to the lead soldier. “My father insisted that I properly learn how to fight with a spear first before I fulfilled my duty to the King.” She lied impressively.

“Do you mind showing us how far along your water magic is?” The lead soldier spoke as he sat himself back down in his chair. His expression had changed from the gleeful expression of someone to meeting his idol to one that resembled a curious teacher.

Nissyen did as was asked. Her hand moved in a circular motion above her tea cup, pulling at the tea to rise. After a brief second the tea began to ascend upward, slow for sure but it rose upward regardless. Soon it began to form an ever shifting ball inbetween her hands. She managed to hold it there for a second before her concentration was broke by her father suddenly rising from his seat and rushing towards the far side of the room, causing the tea to splash down on the table before her. “I am not very skilled yet. Give us a minute” She spoke as she turned her face to her father. She walked to his side, placing a hand on his shoulder as she turned his body to face her. His crying face surprised her. “This is my choice, father. You can't protect me from destiny.” She said as she firmly hugged him.

“I can't lose you as well.” He said in-between sobs. “I made a promise to your mother on her death bed to always keep you safe.”

“But you have.” Pausing as she pulled her body away, leaving her hands on his shoulders. “The training you have given me shall keep me safe, no matter the enemy I fight.” She smiled as she allowed a second to pass. “You did your duty to the king, now let me.”

Her father eventually relented. He told the soldiers that he would hold them personally responsible for the safety of his daughter. He grabbed his old spear and handed it to Nissyen, saying that it brought him luck in his travels and it shall grant her the same luck. He gave her once last hug at his doorstep before Nissyen left with the soldiers.

Nissyen would spend the next few months on the road until they eventually reached the training grounds for mages still learning how to control their magic. The lead soldier explained she would spend the next few years learning how to use her magic to fight the dragons, before he left her and went off into the world.

She quickly became friends with a fire mage named Shea, and soon they were told that they were to be sent to the front-lines together. As they exited the gates of the training ground, a familiar face greeted Nissyen. Her father was standing alongside the lead soldier who had found her, both with smiles on their faces. Her father gave her a warm hug and proclaimed how he waited for the day he would see her again. After a moment the lead soldier explained he was their guide now, that he would guide them to their fate. They took a path that led the group into Nissyen's old hometown. Her father reluctantly said his goodbyes, saying she knew where to find him before leaving the group.

As they excited the village, Nissyen wondered what her future would hold. But she knew her training would be put to the test soon enough.

Magical Skill:

Adept

Prefered Elements:

Water

Dragon's Color:

Blue, The Sea Serpent

Application post.
Almost frantically Nissyen was working at the locks with her water magic, warping the water in and out of the padlock in a vain attempt at freeing herself. Her eyes quickly scanned the makeshift camp around her. The soldiers that captured her a week ago were preoccupied with drinks that they had been “gifted” by the local inn. They stood around a campfire telling whatever story they could think of. Her attention shot back down to the lock, the water had already started to evaporate in the few seconds she lost her concentration. She began to silently mouth the words “Come on” as she refocused her magic and went at the lock with a new found fury, each second the torrent of water grew stronger and stronger.

“You know that won't break.” The familiar sound of the lead soldier came from her side.

Fright fell upon her as the voice called out, and all her water evaporated in an instance.

“I hand picked these locks from the finest craftsman I could. You can not break them, and you would have to be a master thief to pick them. Besides, even if you could it would only take me a few hours to capture you once again.” Pausing as he shrugged his shoulders. “Pointless to even try.”

Her eyes quickly calmed themselves as she turned her head towards the lead soldier. She flashed him her trade mark 'fake' smile. “Mind unlocking it then? They are very uncomfortable.” The fake smile spread from ear to ear in the vain attempt to regain her freedom.

The lead soldier chuckled, laughed even at the impossible request. “Even if it would be simple, I'd rather not spoil those soldiers night by bringing them away from their” Pausing as he looked back towards the soldiers. His smile turned to a small frown. “Their celebration.”

Her fake smile quickly gave way to a frown. Her head fell to the dirt beneath her. Her head quickly shot over to the lead soldier and her eyes fell upon his. “Why do you do this?” She asked. “Hunt people down, rip them from their lives and force them to fight the monsters?”

“I should not have to hunt mages in the first place.” Pausing as he took another drink. “Our King our ordered all mages be used to save us all. I am just the guide and the occasional hunter in that regard.”

“Don't dance around the question.” She shot back.

The lead soldier turned his body to face Nissyen. He gave her a quick smirk. “I am good at what I do.” Pausing as he placed his mug on an empty stool and sat down in the dirt next to her. He brought his knees close to his chest, and placed his arms on top. “Truth be told I am from a family of hunters. My father taught me everything I would ever need to know about this job.” He paused as his hands shot out wide as he faced Nissyen. “And I am damn good at tracking your type down, aren't I?”

Nissyen frowned at that. Her head shot back down to the lock keeping her hands bound before shooting back to the man beside her. She had not given up yet, not by a long means, yet she could not help but like his cruel efficiency.

“You thought you could run for ever, didn't you?” The lead soldier spoke in an amused tone. His hand shot up and grabbed the mug before he began to drink once again.

“At least longer than I did.” Nissyen responded.

The man spat out his drink as he allowed laughter to escape his lips. “Seven years is an impressive feat for an apostate like yourself, give yourself some credit.” Pausing as he wiped off the spit infused grog from his mouth. “But like any good trophy I caught you.”

“Yeah.” Pausing as her body prepped for something stupid. “But for how long?” She said as she attempted to jump up and run, but was stopped by the chain that was linked around the fence behind her.

The lead soldier laughed as he watched Nissyen stumble back down to the ground.

“You forgot about that, eh?” The lead soldier spoke as he held back the giggles.

“Yeah.” Nissyen paused as she flashed a grin. “Yeah I did.” She said as she flashed her fake smile once more. “Can you blame me though?”

“Not in the slightest my prey.” The lead soldier spoke as he stood up. “Sleep, Nissyen.” He said as he downed what remained of the grog. “We have many more miles before we make it to the front-line.” Pausing as his grin faded into a frown. “You will need you strength.”

“Thanks for reminding me my gallant guardian.” Nissyen sarcastically responded as her eyes rolled. While she wondered how Shea was faring she knew she needed sleep. As he walked away she found a position that was as comfortable as they came and tried to fall under sleeps warm embrace.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A few weeks later.

“Nissyen I told you I would show you the world.” The lead soldier boastfully spoke as they approached the city of SpringCott. “Impressive is it not?” He asked as he once again stretched his arms out wide.

Nissyen grinned at his over dramatic persona but she waited to give him a response. For now her eyes darted around, trying to see the city as best she could. “These few weeks have taken there toll on me, lead soldier.” She had not the slightest clue about his name. “I can't quite take in the sights as I once would might have been able to.” She finished as her head bowed in defeat. For the longest time she thought she would never take part in the war. Her father had shielded her for the better part of her life yet here she stood. Walking towards the nexus point of the war against the dragons.

“I am sorry for the long marchers, I truly am.” The lead soldier spoke. “But I have a job to do and I have a quota to fill.”

“It must take it's toll.” She asked as her weak eyes fell upon the soldier. .

“All jobs take their toll on the one working it.” The man replied as he held his head up high once more. “The blacksmith sweats, the soldier bleeds, and I deal with the repercussions of my actions as anyone would.” Pausing as he turned his head back to Nissyen, and with a smirk, did he continue. “With many drinks and women.”

“You will find a way when you see.” The lead soldier spoke as he lost his grin again.

“Can you at least assist my weary eyes and tell me of the city we walk towards?” Nissyen asked. “I wish to know the details of the hell I walk towards before stepping into it.” She asked as her head darted back down to the lock. Her mind asked the question if she tried one last time, would her water magic break the lock? But eventually she remembered the numerous failed attempts of escaping. The pain she was forced to endure when the soldiers discovered her attempts or the mockery the lead soldier would make her endure when he discovered it. Decided it was worthless, she continued her walk and waited.

“The walls are battle torn to say the least.” The lead soldier spoke. “To the left of the city is the soldiers barracks. Hundreds upon thousands of soldiers await their eventual orders. The city itself suffers from the constant assault by those stray dragons who refuse to fall in with their elders.” He said as his hand pointed out positions on the wall. Nissyen could not make out the details. “On top of the wall there stand our silent stewards.” Pausing as he slowed his pace. “They have seen the worst of what the dragons send. They don't talk much.” Pausing as he turned his focus back to Nissyen. “Not much to notice in this city.”

“What of the architecture? Or the people who live within the walls?” Nissyen asked.

“You will see that soon enough.” He responded.

Nissyen dropped her head, eyes watching the changing ground beneath her. “I still don't know your name.” She spoke.

“You have never asked me for it.” He responded.

“Well now I ask.” Nissyen retorted. “If I am to fight the dragons than I wish to know the name of the man who bested me.”

“My name will always be irrelevant.” He responded with a grin. “If you wish to figure it out then win the war, and come find me.”

“You were always so helpful.” She responded. “Don't know why I expected anything else.”

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Half an hour later

As they approached the gate, the lead soldier approached her once again. This time at his side was her friend Shea. Her eyes glowed with their forgotten intensity at the sight of her friend. A smile long since forgotten spread to every corner of her mouth as the duo walked next to her. “Come here often, Shea?”

“You know me.” He responded. “I love a good run-down joint.”

“We really need to talk about that. This looks like the start of the end for us” She responded.

“Don't be so hard on yourself.” The lead soldier chimed in. “You both have the makings of a powerful pair of mages.” Pausing as he lifted his right fist in the air. Behind the trio the sounds of boots slamming into the paved surface beneath them filled their ears before the area fell.

“Did he just complement us, Shea?” Nissyen asked.

“Sure sounded like it, Nissyen.” Shea responded in turn.

“Why did you complement us? You never complement anything!” Nissyen asked as she turned her head to face the lead soldier once more.

“You must have realized that I am not your enemy by now, Nissyen.” The lead soldier spoke.. He lowered his fist to his belt, grabbing his key ring in the process. He first went after the lock on Shea, unlocking it in seconds. He then turned to Nissyen and removed her binding in turn. “It would be wise to do as this soldier commands.” Mentioning the approaching soldier. “He is now your commanding officer.” Pausing as he used his thumb to point towards the top of the walls. “If you try and run he will order for the archers manning the parapet to shoot you down. Remember they are trained to shoot at flying dragons, you wont get far.”

“Thanks” She spoke.

The lead soldier motioned for someone to approach. He handed the lead soldier Nissyen's spear and Shea's staff. The lead soldier turned around as he approached the commanding soldier. He offered up the weapons to the commander who grabbed them and held them as he looked over his two new soldiers. His eyes first sized up Nissyen and then her weapon. He briefly looked over Shea's staff but quickly turned his head towards Nissyen

“You are not soldiers of the mage corps. You are slave mages and you best remember that fact. Soldiers, put them in chains and take them to their barracks.” The armored soldier spoke as he introduced himself.

“Take off our chains only to put new ones on?” Nissyen asked.

“These are my locks, as I said earlier. I paid good coin for them.” The lead soldier spoke as he shrugged. “You must have expected this, being flight risks after all.” The lead soldier gave the man a salute before turning his attention towards Nissyen once more. “Good luck.” His final words. His body quickly turned around, and he began a quick walk away from the gates.

“Soldiers, enter the city. Escort the mages to their barracks and prep them for their duty.” The commander spoke.

The soldiers fell in around them and ushered them towards their fate.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A few weeks later. On a forced march to war.

In the few weeks that passed her disdain for the soldiers around her had grown from pure hatred to utmost disgust. Her eyes filled with rage at the conditions in her mage 'barracks'. While her stay in the city was less than ideal, with many near altercations with the soldiers that thought they had control over her, she remembered she had it good compared to some. Those forced to sleep and live in the cages, subject to daily cold water baths to wake them and beatings when they would look at a guard wrong. Lashings were far too common a sight than she had expected as well. If one of the caged mages would even speak a word of protest against a soldier, they received a few lashings in turn. Nissyen's hand gripped tighter on the shaft of her spear as her head slowly turned towards the ranks of the soldiers that marched alongside the mage corps and the slave mages. In her head a few dark fantasies began to play out.

“Look away Nissyen.” Shea spoke as he placed his hand on her shoulder. “They are not worth it.” He whispered.

“Not worth it?” Nissyen whispered back. Her head quickly checked to see if any soldiers were paying attention to their short conversation. “You know as well as I do what ever we do to them would only be half as bad as what they did.”

“I know.” Shea said as his hand left the shoulder of Nissyen and placed it on his own, before rubbing it slowly. “I was the only one between us who suffered any lashes, remember?”

“I'm sorry about that.” Nissyen shyly turned her head to the ground. “It was I who deserved them.” She paused as a tear began to well in her eyes. If she was given time she might have relived the ordeal that placed them in that position to begin with, but was spared.

A nearby soldier heard the duo talking and shouted “Quite down, slaves.”

Nissyen tossed Shea a quick smile, her trademarked fake smile, before turning her attention back towards the front. The sun had just set over the top of a nearby mountain range, yet the orange sky above still allowed her to bask in the beauty of nature. Her eyes flowed down the side of the mountian. She admired how the forest, flanking the formation of soldiers on both sides, she could barely make out on top of the hill she marched down was clearly visible for as far as her eyes could see. Her eyes spotted twin rivers flowing forth at the bottom of the mountain, both traveling away from the road and into parts unknown. Indeed, she would have prefered to stay at the top of the hill for a bit longer but they were on a mission.

From what she was told, they were hunting a nest inside the dragons territory. She knew the scouts of their army were good, but she would be even more impressed if they made it far into the territory of the dragons and back to the city only to venture back into hostile land to lead others to the location of the nest. From all reports, the land of the Dragons was not a place for a human to walk. A shout from the front of the formation was the first she knew something was wrong.

A soldier had apparently spotted something flying in the skies above, and before they could shift under the tree line to hide from them, another soldier spotted a dragon flying towards them directly ahead. The next few minutes became a blur of molten fire and screaming soldiers. A flight of three fire dragons, one flying from their front while two flew in perpendicular, sprung their trap on the formation of soldiers and mages. Their initial pass was devastating. While the fire mages had readied themselves for the dragon who flew in from the front, the two from the side caught everyone off guard. Soldiers lay screaming on the ground, writing in pain as their steel armor melted onto their skin. Water mages and fire mages alike tried to put out the fires, but they were fighting a losing battle.

“Nissyen, help us.” Shea said as he used his magic to fling the fire at the dragons.

Nissyen moved fast to grab Shea by the hand and she pulled him into the tree line. But she did not stop there. Further and further away from the carnage she pulled Shea, deeper into uncharted lands they ran.

“We need to help them!” Shea shouted as he pulled Nissyen to a stop. He was adamant. “We are alone out here.” Pausing as his voice lowered. “Alone, in the middle of dragon country.” He pointed back to the direction they ran from, the screams still echoed throughout the lands. “They may have treated us bad. Hell they may have abused us, but they won't kill us outright like those monsters!”

“I am not going back Shea!” Nissyen spatted out as she held back tears. “ I will never return under my own power!” Her voice rose slightly as she spoke.

“We won't last a day out here, you understand that.” Shea spoke. “I only know what one dragon actually looks like outside the tales and we just watched it burn our group.” Pausing as he moved back towards the soldiers. “Come, let's go. As soon as we help those in need, we can find out way back to the city.” He kept walking. “They might even promote us to the mage corps for helping, think about it. Sleeping in actual beds, not having to deal with those soldiers and being able to train among the best trainers out there. We could..” He paused when he heard Nissyen begin to cry. He tunred around to see her head buried in her free hand.

“What did that soldier do?” Shea asked as he paused.

“There was a mage who had slapped him when he tried to bring her outside for a lashing.” She said as she calmed herself a little. “He did not hesitate and he plunged his sword into her stomach.” Pausing as she collected herself a little bit more. “I shouted at him, insulted his being. I told him he was worse than a dragon, a monster of a man. And he turns towards me and said he was going to make me pay. If it wasn't for you..I would have been stripped of my clothes, tied to a post, and lashed for all to see.” Pausing as she turned her head away from Shea. “Thank you. I don't know what would have become of me if he had lashed me.”

“You would've become a mess.” Shea responded.

“Yes, yes I suppose.” She spoke in a soft tone.

“But even as bad as that was. It is still better..” Shea paused as the all too ominous sound of a giant creature slowly rising from the dirt filled the air. His head slowly swiveled towards the source of the sound and his jaw slowly dropped as he realized what he looked at. Rock looking scales adorned the beast of earthen color. Wings as earthen color as it's body slowly began to rise above the massive frame of the dragon as it's head slowly moved down to size up the human before it. Shea did not move for a moment. His being frozen by the first sight of the Earth Dragon filled his mind. The Dragon did not roar, no did it make any quick movements. It slowly but surely rose itself out of it's sleeping nest, revealing a score of young baby dragons nearby.

Shea's head quickly turned towards Nissyen and he shouted “Run!” The Dragon roared at the sound as Shea tried to turn his body around. The head of the dragon lunged out and snapped close over the body of Shea, filling the air with a sickly crunching noise. Nissyen shouted “No”, a shout that echoed through the nearby area and instantly brought tears close to her eye once more. The Dragon twisted it's head around a few times before letting go of the broken and dead carcass of Shea, allowing it to slam into a tree nearby. The dragon slowly moved it's body around allowing it's wings to fully extend, before it slammed it's front feet into the ground, sending a shock wave through the nearby area. A massive roar, eclipsing even the one from before, bellowed forth from the mouth of the dragon as his eyes met Nissyens.

“So this is how I die.” She whispered as her body shook as it entered shock. “My fathers spear against the very beast the legends claim he bested.” A sick grin began to spread on her face as the beast charged her. This was her choice after all. She would rather die at the claws of a dragon than the hands of those monsters back in the castle. Each step the dragon would take felt like a thousand seconds to Nissyen as she slowly watched as salvation slowly inched closer. But a single voice rand out in her head. It was the voice of her father shouting run. Soon the same word was echoed by Shea. And as the Dragon lunged through the air, Nissyen ducked under it's high aimed strike and took off perpendicular.

She remembered the rivers that seemed to be so close earlier, the ones she spied as she crested the hill. This would be her only chance at escape. The sounds of trees being brushed aside by the beast behind her indicated that the monster was back on her. Her ears carefully listened to how close the beast was as her eyes guided her on a path that was as obstacle clear as possible. She ran for minutes as the beast gave chase until she spotted a rather large tree ahead. Thinking on her feet, she ran straight towards the large tree as she slowed her pace slightly.

“Crunch, crash. The beast is getting closer.” She thought. “Got five seconds.” She guessed.

She silently counted down to one, until at the last second, did she veer away from the tree. The beast slammed head first into the wooden base of the tree. A roar of pain could be heard along side the cracking sound that emanated from the tree. The midsection of the tree splintered before breaking, causing the large tree to crash down on top of the dragon. Another roar of pain bellowed forth, followed by the cry of the beast. Singing out in the tree line, the dragon buckled before falling down.

After a few more minutes of straight running, Nissyen broke the tree line and within a hundred meters was the wide river she had seen earlier. A sigh of relief escaped her lips and was soon followed by laughter. She had bested an Earth Dragon! She was elated that she had followed in the footsteps of her father. Her pace slowed as more laughter escaped her lips and she began to think. Bards would have to be told of this tale. How a water mage used a tree to best the earthen beast that chased her. She began to imagine that this and this alone would allow her to be free of the clutches of the slave corps. She could not tell if this was hopeful bliss or actual actionable thoughts, yet she was elated none the less.

Soon the sound of trees being pushed aside, cascading to the ground behind her drew her out of fairy tale land and placed her back in the grounded nature of reality. Her head slowly turned back towards the forest, some fifty meters away, and groaned as the all too familiar roar of the Earth Dragon that chased her filled the air once again. Her body lurched forward as she resumed the quick pace of her run as cracking trees began to draw closer to her. Her eyes were initially locked on the water ahead of her but quickly darted back in fear as the dragon burst from the tree-line and began to fly towards her.

“Oh ****!” She shouted. She was now on the banks of the river, and the dragon was closing fast. At the last second she leapt into the water, diving away from the biting attempt of the dragon. She was quickly caught by the current and was carried down river. Nissyen used her water magic as best she could to guide her along the current but soon things became too rocky for even her liking and she propelled herself to the opposite side of the river bank from where she had emerged and dragged herself back onto land.

She sat there motionless for a minute. The reality of her situation had not quite sunk in yet. Her mind was still in a state of blissful ignorance until it all came crashing down. First the sight of fire melting both steel and flesh alike slowly began to filter it's way back in. She remembered the soldier who threatened to lash her, he was one of the first to get caught in the fiery breath of the red Dragons. She remembered his charred form trying to scream out but could not before he collapsed down. Then the image of Shea trying to lead her back to the group. While he could not have been certain of what fate awaited them back at the killzone, he was certain that it was a safer bet than this. Nissyen remembered she did not agree but she also remembered the look of fear in his eyes as his point was proven true.

At that image she began to cry. At first it started out as a soft sobbing, like a girl whose heart was just broken by a bad romance. But soon she began to sob. Tears readily flowed from her eyes as she remembered all. She would have continued crying uncontrollably but the sounds of something breaking just past the rivers bank broke the silence. At first her ears barley heard it, but soon it began to fill them. Her head sharply turned and her eyes grew wide at the sight. It was an egg with a slowly growing, pulsing crack at the top, submerged in water. She knew it was a dragons egg. What else could it have been? Her hand gripped tighter on her spear as she slowly brought herself back to her feet.

“One of your kind took a friend from me.” She spoke as she raised her spear up. Her eyes quickly dried of tears as she stared down the ever growing crack with a fierce look. The corners of her lips curled downward as she began to slowly walk towards the pool of water. “Your kind in general has forced me to bear witness to untold horrors.” She continued as she walked closer to the the pool. “Don't you understand?” Her head tilted slightly at her own question. A large portion of the egg broke off and she readied her strike.

Out from the egg swam a small water drake. Her eyes watched as it began to swim up, around and clean itself in the water it was birthed in. It quickly swam to the corner of the pond and pulled itself out. Yet after a second it seemed to feel the gaze of a crazed woman staring it down. It instinctively ran behind a small boulder and hid, only poking it's head out. Nissyen tried to thrust the spear towards the creature's head but something within her stopped her. She tried to thrust again but again she was stopped. “Why?” She asked herself as she tried once again. Her vision was locked on the sight of the water dragon and she began to feel different as she kept her gaze on the dragon. The creature seemed to share the same response as it slowly moved past the boulder, away from his shield, while slowly moving towards Nissyen. Nissyen's eyes matched those of the dragons for the first time and tears began to fall once more..

“I should hate you!” She shouted. The dragon took a few steps back and lowered it's head. “I should despise the very existence of you!” Her hand let go of her spear as she shouted even louder. “Why can't I hurt you like your kind hurt me?” She cried out a third time as she fell to her knees near the side of the pool. Her hands instantly shot to her head as she began to sob once more. She began to think herself weak. Unable to bring herself to kill a dragon for one reason or another. Yet as soon as her hands left her face, and the sight of the dragon looking up at her once more, did she feel a strange calm fall over her mind.

“What is wrong with me?” She asked the dragon directly. It simply turned it's head away in response before turning it back towards Nissyen and locking eyes once more. It began to move towards the side of Nissyen, stopping only when it was still a foot or two away. It slowly crept closer to her, all the while leaving it's eyes locked on her own. She let loose one more tear as she slowly inched her hand closer to the creature. “I think I will call you Shea.” She finished as she placed her hand on it's head.

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:34 pm 

Ok guys, the first post is finally up. Posting order will be first come first serve and it will stick like that throughout this rp's life unless we need to stray from it.

As for some notes, you don't yet have your dragon since your application posts are now null and void with the start of the rp. Of course you can still use a large portion of that for your first post if you wish, just make sure it falls in line with where my post ended.

HAVE FUN viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48978

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:38 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Wooo!

I'll try to have something before I go away this weekend. No promises though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:16 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

I'll try and post as soon as I can... (Not here Friday to Sunday so IDK it might not be till next week)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:23 pm 

Sorry about the wait guys. The most recent post is a bit of a collab between Trent and Ardessi, so feel free to do your own collabs and get with me or each other. As always if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:12 am 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)

Good posttt! Just a head's up; I'm moving so I might not respong for a bit. I have trouble when my work space is disturbed and I like... Don't even have one at the moment lol

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:50 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

I'll be working on having something for you this week, hopefully.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:27 pm 

Ok sounds good. 'Get it?'

Ill be around everyday in the afternoon if you need me