All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Avatar: Newborn Hope OOC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:53 am 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Funniest Member (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The world has changed much in the fifteen hundred years since Avatar Wan closed the spirit portals. Twenty five generations have come and gone, and twenty four Avatar's have come into this world, helping shape it, and then leaving for the next to take his or her place. Balance has been fought for and maintained these millennia while the name of Rava, and the thought of Spirits slips from the minds of common folk. Nations begin to form among the benders of the world. Earth, Fire, Air and Water all converging amongst themselves and growing out into their borders.

Those who build with earth quickly settled in the large continent of their birth, and having recently discovered farming, have created cities larger than the world has ever seen before. No longer needing to hunt and gather for their food, the new Kingdom of Earth forms and ushers in a golden age of prosperity for it's people still felt to this day. The first succession of their leader is soon approaching with their kings failing health and sparks a time of change for the kingdom once more.

Those who fight with fire have warred for many generations and have been the center of many an Avatar's struggle. The class ideology from their life upon the Lion-Turtle was all to quickly returned to the minds of the powerful, and rebellions to claim that power rocked their people through the years. With no farming, no bending to aid in something other than hunting or war, and a constant state of combat, the people of the fire nation live a hard life. What few villages there are are simple and small, little more than tribes of hardened mud homes.

Those who glide with the wind continue their peaceful nomadic lifestyle, having changed little in these fifteen hundred years with the exception of their numbers and their companions. With the spirits having fled, they sought to tame the wildlife and work together, creating a new harmony and maintaining their spiritual ties through meditation. They remain in the mountainous island regions along the worlds equator and seldom seek out others, preferring to live their life in quiet, safe solitude.

Those who flow with water scattered, going to where their waters took them. They soon found homes in the great frozen poles of the world, using their powers to sculpt and construct great works of architecture. They have long been a powerful settled tribe of hunter gatherers, but do to their distance little is known about the outside world. In fact in the fifteen hundred years they have been apart, the only knowledge of their sister tribe remains in legend.

Little is still known about each other in this large world with one single exception. The Avatar, the bridge between this world and the spirits, also acts as the bridge between the rising nations. Conflict rises among the growing Earth Kingdom, and tensions rise around the world as the nations become increasingly aware that not only are they not alone in the world, these strangers are closer than they ever thought.

~ ~

As you may have assumed, this is a very different tale of avatar from the shows. Being within a fully unexplored timeline gives us plenty of freedom for creativity, and I have guessed at what state this well loved world would be in. Technology has progressed slowly due to people's reliance on bending to aid them in their lives, and as such in these fifteen hundred years, they have only reached the technology akin to the Bronze age. It took them ten thousand years to first utilize fossil fuels, so I don't see it as too far fetched of a possibility.

As for the role-play itself, I will be looking for one bender for each element, and a maximum of 2 non-benders to help round out the group, but they are not necessary if there is a lack of people.The current Avatar will be played by me, and the skeleton for the characters will be posted below for each element. As for specific powers within the bending, Metal bending is impossible as that isn't discovered for another eight thousand or so years when Toph lives. However, lightning, blood bending, flight, and lava bending have never had an exact date given for their discovery, therefor will be allowed given the proper back story.

~ ~

Name: Ro Pan
Birthplace: Earth Nation
Ability: Current Avatar
Description: A middle aged man with pepper specked beard, thin frame, and powerful jaw. He garbs himself in simple robes and cloth, wearing wooden sandles. His lightly tanned skin marks him as one well traveled, and he carries himself with an air of importance. Never far from his side is a smaller than average badgermole named Pip. It is not unusual to see Ro riding it for transportation.
Personality: Very strong ideals mark this avatar, and those ideals are pushed upon others with mixed results. Very stoic and precise in his day to day life, rarely would you see him relaxed or at peace amongst his friends, but when allowed his warmth could lighten up a crowd amongst a funeral.
Bio: Born and raised in the first city of the Earth Kingdom, Di Yi Se or "First city," Ro Pan lived a normal life amongst his people until at the age of 14, he beheld a vision. In it, he saw the previous avatars, one by one, fighting for balance and called to him to follow in their stead. They called him to travel to the distant lands of the other benders, and learn from them their arts, and become a fully realilzed avatar to carry on the will of Rava. He had thrown the thought from his mind as a crazy dream the morning after, but simple abilities soon manifested amongst himself, fire bursting from his fingertips, water moving with his own hands motions. He once again had the vision, and this time took heed. Leaving his home he traveled the world, acquiring new friends along the way, and helping those in need. It has been 28 years since he left, and conflict erupts as the Great Earth king passes away. Disputes over who should succeed threaten a civil war in his homeland, and as the Avatar he places himself and his friends in the middle of this conflict to try and restore balance to his home. Unfortunately this has resulted in a betrayal, and his own death. Tragedy has struck his friends and family, and only fate will decide whether or not they shall make it through this.

Character skeleton:
The one requirement that applies to each character is that they must be companions of the Avatar, traveling with him. Whether they are good friends, rivals, or even family, is up to you.
Code:
[size=150]Name:[/size]
[size=150]Birthplace:[/size]
[size=150]Ability:[/size]
[size=150]Age:[/size]
[size=150]Description:[/size]
[size=150]Personality:[/size]
[size=150]Bio:[/size]

Last edited by Trever on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:20 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

I call an earth bender.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:53 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

After some thought, I've decided I'll make an air bender.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:06 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Dammit, Sil! :P

Oh well, I continue my arsonist career. Dibs on fire!

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:13 am 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

I'll take water, then, unless someone else wants it in which case I would switch over to non-bender.

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

I'm in.

Grey beat me to water lol. I'll make a non-bender. Works better that way anyways. I like to steer clear of magics in worlds I'm not 100% familiar with the magical rules.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:18 am 

That means loulou has the last position of non-bender

I look forward to all your characters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:10 pm 

Slowly getting back to normal

Medals: 3
Supporter (2) Recruiter (1)

Non-bender...

Thanks Obama! >:( I am just gonna make the most awesomest non-bender in the history of histories ever and stuff!

*nodnod* Take that you BENDERS!

What is an RP? An RP is a creature that is frequently found on the net... ARPEE! is the natural call of the online species, of the subspecies "roleplayicus".

Easily identified, the species flock to online chatrooms and place on various displays of brilliance to attract rp mates.They are not monogamous creatures, bouncing from room to room, some being so bold as to 'court' other rp's simultaneously!

~LP~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:09 pm 

I should mention one more thing. In the first post that I'll be writing I will be taking control of your characters through it. It will be just this one post and you will understand why once it is up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:38 am 

(^_^)b

Sounds fine to me! I trust you. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:15 pm 

works for me Trev. Thanks for the heads up appreciated :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:32 pm 

Trever wrote:
I should mention one more thing. In the first post that I'll be writing I will be taking control of your characters through it. It will be just this one post and you will understand why once it is up.

How dare you. This shall not be tolerated. My theoretical, currently nonexistent character takes great offense.

=D

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:32 pm 

Exactly what Grey said.

XD

What is an RP? An RP is a creature that is frequently found on the net... ARPEE! is the natural call of the online species, of the subspecies "roleplayicus".

Easily identified, the species flock to online chatrooms and place on various displays of brilliance to attract rp mates.They are not monogamous creatures, bouncing from room to room, some being so bold as to 'court' other rp's simultaneously!

~LP~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:11 pm 

Greyhelm brought to my attention some of you would like to see the couple episodes I've mentioned that could be referenced.

http://www.legendofkorra.tv/book-2/legend-of-korra-book-2-episode-7/ that, and the episode directly after that tell the story of the very first avatar. It should give you a basic understanding of the mechanics involved. If you have any further questions just let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:38 am 

Name:
Kai Tahn

Birthplace:
Fire-benders Homeland

Ability:
Non-bender, unusually strong connection to the spirit world, seeress

Description:
Kai is a small woman, usually dressed in basic, but clean robes. She had long black hair that is always pinned up, and two pieces of hair that fall to her shoulders on either side of her face. She carries herself with dignity and grace, though she has a hard time running anywhere with shoes that are often a touch too small for her feet. She does not wear much in the way of ornamental jewelery, but what she does wear is designed to help increase her connection to the world of the spirits. She stands at just 5 feet tall, weighs 100 lbs, and has grey eyes. Her features have a porcelain oriental cast, with small features. Oval face with a slightly pointed chin, almond shaped eyes, and a nose that is just slightly too small and high to be fully centered. She is considered to be pretty by most.

Personality:
Soft spoken, but strong willed. Kai is a compassionate caring individual who always seeks to help out others as best she can. She may speak in kind tones, but can not be persuaded to change her mind when she knows what is going to be. Confident about her place int he world, her ability to do what is needed, and understands that sometimes while things are fated, people also shape their own destinies. Is also a bit of a tease when she finds people she can call friend, and a wonderful cook. Enjoys tea, and sweets.

Bio:
Kai was born to a small tribe of non-benders that were known for their ability to always predict a time of hardship and boon. Hunter-gatherers, as well as physically capable, they tended to use their various abilities to entertain. From a young age Kai saw things that many of the other members of her tribe did not. Finding another in the line of soothsayers for their lifestyle, she was trained by the others, as best they could. However, Kai's connection was unusually strong, even for them, and they eventually had to let her learn her own way.

While her and small group of her tribe were traveling to the nation of earth benders to establish the first contact, they came across the Avatar. Kai had heard many stories of this legendary man passing through her lands during their journey towards the earth kingdom, and began to become quite curious as to what and who he was. Kai was extremely impressed by the man and his abilities after having met him, and followed him about the whole of the day. Avatar Ro Pan eventually talked to her, and found out her connections, and they became fast friends. After they parted ways, Kai was still highly impressed with the man. Part of her wished to follow him on his journey. Then one week after she had met him, Kai had a vision of great importance by Tran-zul the Spirit of Time, and knowing that it was something that was highly urgent, left to seek out the Avatar in a time of need. She knew when and where she needed to be, but not the reason why. She had just spotted the Avatar and his companions and began to race towards them (poorly) to meet up and deliver her news.

~LP~

Last edited by Louloubelle on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:50 pm 

Name: Pakak

Birthplace: South Pole

Ability: Water Bender

Description: A stocky man of average height with a square jaw and numerous scars crisscrossing his cheeks including a diagonal one going over his left eye, although the eye escaped damage. Has unkempt shoulder-length black hair and a short but thick beard concealing much of the lower portion of his face. Wears fur-lined robes heavily stained by travel, though he possesses heavier furs which he has stashed away in light of the warmer climates he has taken to traversing as of late. His shoes, fashioned from walrus-dolphin skin, are badly worn but still serviceable, therefore he has not yet sought out replacements.

Personality: Pakak is at home when surrounded by water; on the inverse side of things, he is paranoid and on edge whenever there is no substantial water source nearby. To compensate, he always carries three water skins on him at all times (keeps 2 hidden), and is distrustful of people who say they're thirsty. Has something of an obsessive personality- when separated from a water source he is sparing with using many of his abilities for fear of depleting his water skins, and when it rains he always attempts to collect water, as he is unwilling to see it go to waste. He is also usually somewhat nervous around Fire Benders, even if they are friendly.

Bio: Pakak never had any intentions of leaving his home; his love for the water translated to a desire to stay right where he was, for the rest of his life. This arrangement ended, however, when an unfortunate fling with a married woman (a chieftain's daughter) left Pakak fighting for his life in a duel to the death. He survived the ordeal, though not without injury, and he was forced to leave his home for good as an exile. He travelled North, eventually finding himself in the company of Avatar Ro Pan, who he joined with in the hopes of finding a new purpose after being displaced from his home.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:55 pm 

Name:
Hi You [Hí Yoo]

Birthplace:
Mud Village, Middle of Nowhere, Future Fire Nation

Ability:
Fire bending

Description:
6'2" tall, muscular, and flat chested. You has dark, unkempt, shaggy hair that is tied back in a small ponytail. She wears clothes that are a mix of a very dark red and dusty brown in color, practical (vest, pants with a sort of small apron that works as both a makeshift bag when gathering and a belt, and no shoes), and more often than not covered in a layer of grime. With yellow-brown, deep set eyes and a surly expression, she does not exactly invite people to befriend her.

Personality:
A very no-nonsense, down-to-earth type of girl, You values the simple things in life, such as the use of your senses, being able to keep warm, and standing your ground. She is highly suspicious of outsiders, and only truly trusts people she has known her entire life. At the same time, she is very socially aware, and recognizes that the best results are achieved with teamwork.

Bio:
You is the 4th child out of 7, 4 of whom are still alive today. The others perished when they were quite young due to the hard life they were born into. Living in a village consisting almost only of benders ensured that You has been aware of the strengths and dangers to fire bending her entire life. Like everyone else, she grew up as a valued part of the community, hunting and foraging with her brothers since an early age.

A horrific rock slide that caved in one of her brothers and the opportune arrival of avatar Ro Pan was what made You and her village aware of the existence of other benders. Out of gratitude and curiosity, You is now travelling with the avatar, saying little and observing much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:18 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Name: Talya

Birthplace: Eastern Air Temple

Ability: Air Bender

Description: 5’4”, 110lbs, light build. She looks like she would be blown away by the wind, which, according to her, is pretty accurate. Light brown hair which falls to her shoulders, usually kept up in a bun and hazel eyes.

Personality: To Sum Talya up in a few words: Steadfast, mild-tempered, adventurous, patient (though sometimes it is hard for her to sit still because of all her energy), strong-willed, care free, and kind.

Bio: Talya was born in the Eastern Air Temple. But, because she and her family would often travel between the locations of the other temples, in her mind she’s never had a real home. As a kid, she was always getting into some kind of trouble. She was always one with the wind and nobody could harness her. Even when she matured, her attitude remained the same. Having a lot of freedom, having no ‘true home’, she saw no reason to confine herself.

She is a lover of peace, and an adventurous spirit. As much as she enjoyed the quiet life of a recluse, blissfully unaware of what was going on around her, always embraced by silence and tranquility, she was an energetic spirit in need of a change of scenery. Not a day went by when she didn’t think of what the world was like, outside of what she has seen in her travels with her parents around the air temples. She would sit and daydream for hours.

When she crossed paths with Avatar Ro Pan, it didn’t take much convincing for her to join his cause. In fact, she had been rather enthusiastic. She wished not only to see the world and educate herself, understanding, but eventually wanting to return home to teach her people about the outside world as well. Not only that, but she was confident and hopes teaching the art of air bending would help ease tensions and aid in the quest for peace. What a beautiful image, peace.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm 

Owner

Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)

Name:

Xiaofan (sh ih ow-fan)

Birthplace:

Earth Nation

Ability:

Earthbending

Description:

Xiao matches her brother in height though that is the extent of their similarities. Where he is lean she is more broad and robust, the product of her picking up whatever slack her brother had left behind. The years have been kinder to her, given she lacked the burden that came with being the Avatar, so her hair still held its chocolate brown color. She wears clothing more along the line that offers the most movement, while still offered her the most protection. Kind green eyes are often filled with joy, happiness and merriment for she feels almost obligated to be the opposite of her brother. For companionship and transportation she has a Saber-Tooth Moose Lion a temperamental beast that she has had since a cub and is as close to a child she could truly have.

Personality:

Without the burden of being the Avatar, like her brother, Xian as learned to enjoy life and embrace every aspect of it, because why else be alive? Jokes are often cracked and she loves to see people laugh she is the go between when it comes to the social world and her brother.

Bio:
Being born the twin to the Avatar was a less than glamorous life, though initially it had not been so bad. She was born, Xiao, which meant little as she had been born second to her brother. It was not until he was chosen to be the next Avatar when they were 14. From that day on she was called Xiaofan, which meant “little ordinary”. It was stung to some degree, but she knew that it was not meant in a malicious manner. Though he was the Avatar, she was still an Earth Bender and she worked tirelessly to become a Master of her own art.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:28 pm 

Name:
An Ming (Peace Bright Moon)

Birthplace:
A North Temple in the Air Nation

Ability:
Non-bender

Description:
He is tall, skinny and normally clad in flowing robes of red. Preferring the color as it offsets his long black hair and hazel eyes quite nicely. It also tends to give him a rather monk-like look. An's family was nomadic preferring to wander the nations offering what skills they have mostly this was in ways of services. Thus An wasn't of any nation, even though he was born to air he wasn't of any of them.

He has fine features, almost feminine in look, which a slightly angular jawline and a little nose. His eyes are a touch too big for his otherwise small face. He has a thin build with little to no muscle on his frame. He's what most would call a bookworm. Ever since his earliest memory An has been a peaceful child. Silently listening to tales from those who come and go in their camps as they travel from place to Place.

An's brilliance came from knowledge and his nature was thoughtful. This was evident in his hazel eyes. They held a knowledge that few his age had. Though he had no skills as a bender, he had a great memory and was devoted to peace. Hating war, he was a very zen young man.

Personality:
An is soft spoken. Almost quiet. He has the capacity to learn a lot from simply reading or listening. He remembers almost everything he reads or hears. Well so long as he is paying attention that is. He is very zen in that he shies away from all violence. Preferring to step away then to fight. An would make a great advisor in the sense that he absorbs wisdom and forethought. It was why his father left him with the Avatar. To learn from as his father said 'the greatest man who walks the earth and be worthy to advise him in time'.An is often silent, listening and learning, speaking only after great thought or consideration of something.

Bio:
An was born in the North Temple while his father was trading information, which was the skill his tribe carried. They would stay in one place and learn what they could while they were there. Trading in goods when they had any, information most often and services of various kind when they had no goods or information to trade.

An was always a quiet child staying with his mother and learning from his father and those around him. Listening to adults and their conversation, reading scrolls and books rather than playing with other children. This marked him as odd and different. An outcast, but to An that didn't matter. An learned the power of words over actions and became more devoted to peace.

His father would always say, peace is man's greatest weapon. Something that An holds close to his heart. For years An trained and learned, honing his mind and intellect in hopes of one day settling somewhere as an advisor. It was the year he turned 18 that his father left him with the Avatar so he could be a servant to the man and learn from him in so doing. That while he did what was asked of him, carrying, cooking, ext. He would learn from as his father often said, the greatest man in their day and age.