All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Experiments Gone...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:44 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Introduction
The darkness creeps in over the fields of ash. Ruins outlined in harsh red light from the setting sun. Shadows lengthen to cover the skeletons of trees, their flesh scared by fire and coated in thick black ash. A doll lays broken in the streets amongst the shattered stones that once made up a house. Nothing more is left to suggest the nature of the occupants who resided here, before the war, before the end.

The war was one that no one alive can forget. The war lasted for four solid years, calumniating in a nuclear strike that destroyed a good third of the planet. Those that survived struggled to reclaim their homes, only to find that sickness and death was all that remained.

A treaty was put into place soon after and the construction of the dome began. What remained of the world militaries united under one banner NWO (New World Order). An organization and government that would unite all the people that remained on the planet. Where there was once well over six billion humans on planet earth there are now less then 3000 people left alive. Those who remained were slowly gathered up and brought to the Dome. A large glass and metal structure that was constructed over the site where New York used to be.

Over the next four years agriculture was restarted, industry began, heavy regulations were set into force and people began to regain their lives. Only things were not going so well for the remnants of humanity. People began to sicken, birthrate dropped, death-rate increased and it looked for all intensive purposes as if the human race would not survive.

That’s when Reboot was started. A program that was designed to modify the genetic code of humans in order to mutate it to the point where sickness was a thing of the past. In hopes of ‘Rebooting’ the human race. The project was run by the NWO military branch. As most things in the Dome. The military ran everything. From food to clothing to policing.

The year is 2020. There are now 1000 people left alive on the planet. That number is slowly decreasing as a cure has yet to be found. This is where your story begins...

Interest Check & Inspirational Videos | +
Ok so I was listening to skillet. which isn't unusual for me since it is my number one source of muse. I had an idea, but I would like to know what people think of it. Mostly watching these two Skillet videos I sorta got to thinking. This would make a really cool RP. So here are the videos.

and

Sooo my whole idea here was a military research facility that specialized in mutating human DNA. Think along the lines of Mutant X set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic future semi-sci-fi modernistic world. Ok so the principle of the idea.

There was a huge war that overtook planet earth in a nuclear war. After the end of the war what remained of humanity began to sicken and soon birth rates declined, people began to die of incurable diseases and the human race was certainly headed for extinction. In an effort to save the human race from certain death a group of military scientist got together and began to work on a 'cure'. They took a handful of volunteers (read into this voluntold) and these experiments led to a strange and unforeseen side effects, the human subjects began to exhibit mutation in their very genetics that allowed them supernatural powers. Some were able to blast energy across a room. Some were able to harness electricity. You get the picture.

The problem is that these poor volunteers lost all memory of their past and none understood why they were locked beneath the surface of the earth in a dank lab being prodded.

Another larger organization believed that the mutation experiment was a blight like those that had led to the great war and soon began to raid these labs trying to kill off the experiments. What ended up happening was that the experiments got free.

What remains of the human population lives in a huge dome with very strict rules. So the experiments now find themselves on the street of a very strict and brainwashed city of normal people with no memory of what happened to lead up to this point, no ideas of the laws or regulations everyone else known and they are hunted by both those who had imprisoned them and those who were trying to kill them.

So what do people think?

(sidenote: if you guys feel more comfortable in Beta or in the Cave I'm also open to moving this to either one of those locations.
Sidenote two: I'd be looking for a few people 3-5 players for this particular RP. You have a choice or regular person, mutant, military (both those against the experiment and those for the experiment) )

The Plot

There where 5 experiments who escaped the research facility. They have no memory of their past, of the war or any knowledge of the new world. They find themselves trapped within the Dome in a society that is radically different then anything they have experienced while locked in the labs. The labs were built beneath the surface of the earth while the Dome is above the earths surface behind walls of thick steel with a solid glass roof. Further details on the Dome and Labs can be found later on in the OOC

There are two organizations now after the experiments. The NWO, or New World Order, the organization run by the planets military that took these volunteers in the first place. They wish to return the experiments to the dark dank labs beneath the earth to learn if their mutations are indeed a cure to the sickness that the nuclear war brought or if it is something else entirely.

The other organization is called Freedom For the Future, or FFF, the members of this organization are all former military or civilians who have or had military ties. They strongly believe that the experiments are going to be the cause of the same downfall that led to the first great war. The FFF have been raiding the Labs for the better part of a year and that is what led to the experiments escaping. The radical nature of FFF means that instead of trying to capture the experiments they desire to kill them outright. The members of this organization believe only Faith and drastic changes in human society can undo the end times. They are radicals.

Lost and confused the five experiments who escaped the labs find themselves in the streets of the Domed City and must struggle to survive. This is their story...

Characters Needed

We will need the following characters that are centric to the plot. I will NPC anyone needed that isn’t claimed, you can claim more then one character and can have NPCs. Please see the rules later on in the OOC about NPCs.

• Lab staff who helped the experiments escape during the confusion of the raids.
  • 5 escaped experiments
  • Normal people who are helping them out.
  • Members of NWO
  • Members of FFF
  • Others you can think of that would be interesting

The Dome

The landmass under the dome spans 321 square miles or 831 (roughly) square kilometers set out in a circle. The walls of the door are 24 feet thick solid titanium and steel walls that span the full circle without any visible break and go down 38 feet into the earth where the Labs begin. The height of the walls are 132 feet. There is no way anyone can see over the walls. What isn’t covered by solid steel is the top of the dome which is pure glass. The glass is bullet proof and specifically designed to allow filtered air into the dome. Large filtration plants are set up above the wall in the last 32 feet of wall. There are access shafts up to the plants located at the base of the walls. They are essentially large elevators that go up to the plants and then back down to the city floor. No where else. Sunlight and solar radiation is also filtered into the dome via the glass roof.

The dome effectively blocks the destruction of the old world from the view of the streets. The city is laid out like a sphere. At the very center of the dome is the government buildings. These buildings are set up a large central tower that towers well above any other building. All the streets lead to the government complex. There are four entrances the North, South, East and West. However these are all heavily guarded by the military forces of NWO. Since there have been a lot of infiltration from FFF attempting to gain control of the government buildings More on this in FFF section.

The houses are usually located closer to the government building in the civilian and housing sector. The next layer out from there is the Market and Shopping sector, which also houses the Restaurants and Entertainments. On the very edge of the Dome nearest to the Wall is the Military sectors, a smaller wall separates this sector from the rest of the city.

The Labs

The labs span a 31 square miles area beneath the surface of the earth. The facilities is sealed off from the rest of the planet and access to it’s lower sections is held under several layers of security. The lab holds 152 different sections. The only ones that matter for this RP are the entrance to the labs, the holding cells and the research sections. I’ll explain those in details. If you have questions about the rest of the lab, feel free to ask.

Experiments would have only ever seen the Holding Cells and the Research Labs. They would have seen the entrance on their way out.

The Entrance:
Located two blocks into the military sector of the city. The entrance looks like a regular building. Once you get past the lobby which looks like a typical military barricade. Metal detectors, guards, nothing else. There’s a large elevator shaft that could hold 100 people.

The shaft goes down into the earth 38 feet to the base of the outer wall. The shaft opens up on a large and brightly lit entrance where a single desk sits right in front of a large pair of double doors. A single military personal sits at the desk and enters people in and out. Monitoring everyone coming and going. Behind the double doors leads to the main labs. There are other lifts down to the lower levels located down the hall behind the desk.

The Holding Cells:
This is where all the experiments are kept when they are not in the labs themselves. The holding cells are straight down at the lower levels. Down elevator shaft 19A from the main level. It’s a straight ride from the mail level down to the holding cells. The cells are all electronically locked and monitored, but there are no guards down in these levels.

The cells themselves are like a bachelor apartment. One single room with a bed, cabinet, closet, basic clothing, pens, books, some even have toys. Another room much smaller holds a shower, toilet and sink. This is where the experiments spend most of their time. The rooms are decorate however each experiment desires and look more like heavily locked hospital rooms then the prison cells they are.

Research Sections:
This section looks very much like an average hospital. Operating rooms, lab space where tests are performed, private rooms for patience observation, ext. This is exactly like a high end hospital. It is located down elevator shaft 3B from the main level. It’s in the middle of the facility and easily accessible from everywhere. There are shafts from the main level and from every other level including the Holding Cells. This is the only other entrance into the Holding Cells.

Freedom For the Future (FFF)

About a year ago when the experimentations were well underway this group rose up from seemingly no where. In reality the members of this group where people who remembered the freedoms they once had and desired to be free once more. However, they couldn’t act out against the institution without being made to vanish.

It took time for these people to meet in secret at first. Exchanging messages in code. Making sure to not be seen together in daylight hours. That sort of things. No one knowing who anyone else is. Living under the guise of being a regular member of the NWO society, while in reality working to undermine and destroy them.

They are radicals. Radicals who believe that if society continues to go down the way it currently is, that if the changes are not of everyones free will and are not united in peace then the events that led to the first great war will happen again. It is only a matter of time. The seen only to free the remains of human society.

Their first large activist and organize attempt have been a series of raids on the Labs. One such raid led to the freeing of 5 experiments believed to have been caused by an insider helping them. No one knows how strong they are. Nor how many people there are in their organization. No one knows just where to find them.

New World Order (NWO)

There were so few people left, the nations were all but non existent. No one won the war. We all lost. In an effort to survive those that remained united under one treaty. The New World Order.

The remaining military of ever nation gathered under this banner and began to rebuild only one place. The Dome. Gathering the civilians who survived and bringing them to the Dome. The how isn’t important. Only survival mattered.

A lot was lost during these first years. Histories destroyed. Papers burned. Ashes remained of earth’s previous age. A new age began. The dawning of a new civilization.

Nationalities were lost, people didn’t care anymore. Why should they. There were only 3923 remaining humans on the planet and counting down... Every day saw the loss of more of the earths population. It was a struggle for the very survival of a species at this point.

The rules were created, the new government established.

Everyone was assigned a work location. Everything is distributed according to need and there are no money or currency of any kind. The New World Order controls everything. From clothing, to food, to housing, to entertainment.

Other then that there is a curfew that no citizen is to be on the streets after 10pm. This is in an effort to reduce crime and such. Also it tends to help prevent rebellions or so the government thinks anyways.

How you live, how your dress, everything is dictated by the government. Even the shows that are aired are all geared towards brainwashing the citizens of the Dome to behave a certain way.

Experiments

As the sickness brought on by the end of the war and the resulting consequences of the residual fallout from the radiation began to claim the lives of the remaining humans, a group of scientists some military and some civilian gathered together and began to organize an experiment. To alter the genetic code of the humans chosen in order to ‘cure’ the sickness claiming what remains of the human populace.

The unforeseen happened.

As their mutations began to cure the sickness it also began to mutate the very genetic materials that make us human. These experiments not long began to loose their memories as their neurological and physiological pathways were altered by the genetic tampering, but they also began to develop superhuman power.

However,

There were some side effects.
  • Loss of all memories prior to the changes
  • A splitting of the psyche happened meaning the experiments now have two fully developed personalities.
  • Physical symptoms of their power’s manifestation or use.

All experiments will have no memory of their lives leading up to the change. This will never come back, but people who knew them before will still recognize them. Ext. So if you know some of these details like parents, siblings, stuff like that be sure to include this in your histories. It’ll be important for encounters in game.

The strain of the suddenly shifting genetics has caused a splitting of the psyche of the experiments causing them to develop another psyche that manifest primarily when they utilize their powers. Meaning when you write your characters personality, you should also include this shifted personality. This personality should matcher their power. For example if they general fire for example as a power their second personality should have the general aspects of fire. Like volatility, passion, ext. The change might be totally and radically different then their original personality, or it could be just a slight difference, a few key things that show up when they use their powers.

Physical symptoms or manifestations are changes to their physical makeup that have come about from the powers they now have. Something about them will look different. They might have scales, they might have cat eyes, or a tail. Something that is linked to their powers.

Technology

The technology level is modern day, maybe a little more advanced, but nothing Sci-fi. Remeber that the focus was on survival, so advancement would be in agriculture, education, healthcare, that sort of things. Trying to prevent the destruction of mankind.

The only reason there is still fighting is because the two factions have radically different views. One is a Radical faction (FFF) who hold to a semi-religious, end times, scenario where they don’t take with the experimentation and military enforcement and heavy regulations of the dome. Believing in freedom of thought, and freedom of choice, that sort of thing. You can bring in religion into this if you want, but it’s not necessary to belong to the FFF group. See above for more information on the two factions.

Rules

I have learned that a few basic rules and how I do things are a very important thing to make this smoother. So here they are. They should be common sense, so they shouldn’t be hard to follow.

• The content of the RP in no way reflects personal views on anything. This world is dark, it’s full of political, military and might even have some religious views, these are the views of the characters and the people in the world and not my own views, or the views of the players. I ask that everyone keep this in mind when entering the IC.
  • Follow the site rules and section rules. This might have a darker theme, but the content still has to be PG-13. That being said doesn’t mean it has to be boring.
  • NPC’s. You can have NPC’s as many as you like. You can NPC anyone in the world. All I ask is that you not NPC anyone in a position of power over the world without checking with me first, that would be high level military leaders, political leaders, organization leaders. You get my picture. The only reason is these people will have information you’ll need to get from me. I don’t mind you taking them on as NPCs, but you have to talk to me first please.
  • Don’t play someone else’s NPC without checking with them first. This includes my NPCs.
  • Don’t God-mod. or whatever you call it. The experiments will have a lot of power, yes, they are mutants. That being said they are not ‘all powerful gods’. They are still human, they can still bleed and die, they will be confused and uncertain, since they are completely new to the world. This however applies to everyone. Every character has weaknesses, and strengths. I want to see this in your application and in game. I’m not expecting anything I’m not going to do myself.
  • Have fun!

If you have questions, ask. I’m always open to questions. Please ask me here in the OOC or via PM if your not comfortable asking publicly. I also have skype if you prefer to chat over skype.

I ask that you not ask me questions in Cbox. This isn’t because I won’t answer, because I will, but your questions might be the same as others. Also Cbox can move quickly at times and I’m likely to miss your question. It is simply easier to use the OOC, PMs, or Skype.

This RP isn’t going to be fast pace. I’m not a fast writer. I prefer quality over speed or replies. You’ll have a two week window after my post to reply. If everyone replies before then I will try and have my reply in just as quickly and if it takes longer just let me know I’m in no rush.

The posting order will be pretty loose, All I ask is that everyone post only once per cycle and I’ll start the cycle. If you want to collab on a post that’s perfectly fine. You guys can do so. It’s often easier to collab on conversation posts and such. Just let us know who’s going to be posting and who all is included in that collaborative post via this OOC thread. I am always open to doing collaborative posts with anyone who wishes it.

Character Creation

I ask that you please use the following character sheet for your character. I will leave the OOC open until we begin the actual IC at which point I will close the RP. If you still want to join at that point PM me please. I’ll likely still allow you into the RP.

The Sheet Miliatary:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Group:[/b] Choose one: FFF, NWO
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Military ID:[/b] (for NWO only) NWO-ten-digit-number
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b] I expect this to be at alpha level (like a regular post)
[b]Other:[/b]

The Sheet Civilian:
Code:
[b]Group:[/b] Choose one: FFF or NWO
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] if they have some status like leader of the resistance or something. Otherwise delete
[b]History:[/b] I expect this to be alpha level (like a regular post).

The Sheet Experiment:
Code:
[b]Experiment Code:[/b] This is a 20-digit-combination of letters and numbers that is used to id the experiment and is tattooed on the inside of their forearm right under a barcode.
[b]History:[/b] For experiments this will be your time in the labs. Since that is your earliest memories. If you want to include the memories they lost I encourage you to do so. I expect the history of every character to be up to Alpha standards, it really isn’t hard.

[b]Powers:[/b] Every experiments will have one power. Please pick only one and describe it in details. Be as specific as you can. The more I know the more likely I am to accept your power. I’m not making a list of accepted powers because I want you to be creative.

Notes

Any changes made will be noted here. Also any additional information that has no other home will be located here.

Approved Characters

Civilians
Jeremi Kgute - Doctor - Played by: Tidfe

Military

Experiments
Natasha Vrdeskuz - 26NNSC998000001287-15 - Played by: Illegitimate Chimera

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Experiments Gone...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:33 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Question. On the groups, my character probably is gonna be highly neutral (given that he doesn't care too much about politics...Which isn't too smart). So if I put down NWO (Since that would be the one he would most likely lean to since the other group wants to kill people), does that mean he has to completely agree with them? Or can he just technically be a part of the group but not agree with everything they do?

Does the question make sense?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:44 pm 

your question makes perfect sense. Everyone is technically NWO unless they CHOOSE to be FFF. That doesn't mean they have to agree with the government. They could just not care. That's perfectly fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:53 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Yay~ Okay~ I just wanted to make sure before I put NWO, say something against and have people staring at me funny XD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 pm 

Nah it's all good I welcome questions please feel free to ask :) There is no such thing as a dumb or stupid question :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:42 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Another question. You mention the war lasted four years and it has been four years since the end of it. Does that mean eight years have passed since the war started and where our story takes place?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:46 pm 

yes. (sorry I'm sick and basic math escapes me, but that makes sense).

If that doesn't make sense feel free to point out the brokenness of it. Math and sick brain don't add up to logic sometimes lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:49 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

No. It does XD I was just making sure it all added up. If it comes to pass, that means I'll just have to edit history a bit~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:51 pm 

shiney I'm glad it makes sense. I never trust my math skills when I've been sick for this long lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:59 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Name: Jeremi Kgute
Group: NWO
Appearance: With a height of 6’ even, Jeremi doesn’t find many people he has to look up to physically. He is a basically a straight line down from his shoulders to his feet with just a little waver where his waist is. The muscles on this guy aren’t over defined, but you wouldn’t have trouble finding them either should you happen to trail a hand down his arm or look at him without a shirt on. The muscle mass help to add to his overall weight of 200 pounds. His clothing tends to be on the tight side or the baggy side, but rarely do they ever fit right. Usually he prefer baggy clothes as they offer him more room to move about should he need it. That is what you get though from trying to buy second hand clothing or attempting to make your own (he is not a bad sewer actually, just bad at cutting the fabric to the right size the first time). He doesn’t really care though. They are generally comfortable and that is all that matters in the end. His nose is a bit crooked. Almost like it has been broken a few times (which it has). His eyes crinkle up when he smiles and he does a full, show the teeth smile.

His dark blonde hair is kept as short as he can keep it and he doesn't really style it in any way, though it is a mess of spikes from him running his hands through it as he thinks. It is often uneven due to the fact he cuts it himself and as much as he would like to have it, his vision is not 360 degrees. His eyes are a light blue that like to change colors with his emotions (like get darker or lighter) or in certain lights.

Personality: Jeremi has a pretty good bed side manner. As long as you are not stupid that is. He has little to no patience with people who knowingly put themselves in danger or at risk. He becomes brisk and easily irritated with them, but that doesn’t mean he still won’t try and help them. It would just leave the blonde wanting to bash his own head up against a nice solid brick wall while he does so. He hates getting up in the morning and can’t even think about functioning properly without at least two cups of something that is strong and hot and usually has some kind of caffeine in it. He is also likely to have at least another cup of the chosen beverage throughout the day, but he is trying to cut back. Key word there is trying (which means he is not really trying). Hearing other people’s problems is nothing new cause as a doctor, that is about all you hear day in and out. For some reason though, he doesn’t mind it outside of the office and really he just wants to help. If telling your problems to someone will do that or an hour long story on why you can't use toothpaste as a bathroom cleaner, he will do his best to listen. While being open-minded, he has more than a little bit of trouble seeing things from someone else’s point of view and will sometimes shake his head at people when he doesn't understand their motives. Nervousness is also something that is pretty foreign to him unless he is getting a dressing down from someone. Then he bites his lip, and will make eye contact with the person scolding him until the lecture is through. It is his way of letting the person know that he understands what he has done and will try and fix it. He also isn’t afraid to own up to his mistakes, no matter how big they might be or even if they got someone killed. How can you learn from them, if you never acknowledge them in the first place? He is not too much of a talker either, feeling words tend to have more weight to them if they aren't screamed at you over and over again. He uses force when necessary and while he doesn't like hurting someone, if he has to keep them and everyone else safe, he will.

History: Up until he was 18, Jeremi lived a pretty average life. From a young age, he knew he wanted to help people and that the best way possible was to become a doctor. His parents supported him in this and working his butt off, he managed to graduate high school two years sooner than normal. At 16, there weren't too many places that would let him full time for some odd reason and his parents couldn't really afford the costs until financial aid kicked in. He worked around this by taking as many classes as he could afford and finding jobs in hospitals or medical stores. He also read as much as he could about medicine and always did his best to work ahead in school as much as he could. This all paid off when all hell broke loose at age 18. The world had erupted into war and Jeremi wanted to enlist so badly. He figured that training as a medic for the army was a good idea, but he didn't. He realized that this was one case where being red and green colorblind was a seriously bad thing. He feared he would do more harm than good so he stayed in school and watched from the sidelines, gritting his teeth, as the world destroyed itself. By the time he was 22, he had graduated with a pretty good knowledge of medicine though secretly knew that the only reason that he had gotten his degree so early was the great need for doctors and other medical personal. The War had all but killed off the remaining population and most of the doctors had been high among the causalities. Now he is 26 and the government enlisted his help in the experiment into this 'cure' they are hoping to find. Jeremi had little say in rather or not he would be joining, but he stayed on and didn't complain too much in the end of it. After all, if he wasn't going to help these people, who would?

Other: He is red and green colorblind and wears a faded friendship style bracelet of those colors on his left wrist.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:10 pm 

Name: Natasha Vrdeskuz
Experiment Code: 26NNSC998000001287-15
Appearance:
Dimensions: From pelvis to scalp 2'9"; from pelvis to tip of tail 26'3"; circumference at hip 38"
Weight: 645 pounds
Height: 5'2" relaxed, can rear up to 17' tall
Colouration: Human skin is pale, with a slightly green tinge. Hair is black and thick. Scales on the serpentine
portion are base light blue, with dark blue, green, and black mottling. Belly scales are milky white.
Eyes are golden, snake-like.
Personality:
By official records, 26NNSC998000001287-15 is five years old. In reality, while her mind *is* that age,
her body is the equivalent of twenty, and her brain is thirteen. This is causing some severe hormonal imbalances,
especially since her reproductive organs were left intact in the hopes of breeding her at some point. Beyond other
issues, this means that she is just about to hit puberty, at least according to her brain. this would be a rough age for
a *normal* girl, but with her unique looks and severely naive and inexperienced world outlook, it is going to be
a *very* interesting time for whoever is assigned as her caretaker.

Despite her youth, 26NNSC998000001287-15 is actually quite intelligent, and is very intuitive. It could be
theorised that whatever is left of her human memories, deep in her subconscious, lets her know that something is wrong.
This has already begun showing itself in the way she reacts to people. Her first truly innocent encounter with a person
was Emily Brown, as before that the person was either panicking and acting like an animal she should eat, or was
actively trying to kill her. She is confused, and knows now that humans are not supposed to be eaten, though she
could not articulate that idea, nor explain why she has it. However, she is beginning to wish she did. This, in
turn, is causing severe distress, and sooner or later she will either deal with it, or have a nervous breakdown.
She desperately needs psychological treatment, and none seems forthcoming.

When healed, 26NNSC998000001287-15 seems like she will be caring, fun-loving, curious, and enthusiastic about
life. She already has a deep love of music, as Ms. Brown managed to play a few CDs of indie rock through the sides of
the tank for her, and she really does like watching people. Expect her to become a sort of hug-y, physical person
with a deep need to share everything of herself with people. Also expect this to cause some stress, because while
she will understand that few people want to hang out with a 30 foot snake monster, it will still hurt. For now,
she will remain shy and withdrawn, but open to people who actually talk with her instead of running away screaming
or shooting at her in panic.

History:
Nikolai Vrdeskuz was a very happy man at one point in time. He had moved to America when he was twenty-
two to study genetics at the California Institue of Technology. He was happily married a year later to a biologist
named Melody Camping, and together they had a baby girl. However, barely two years after their daughter's birth,
Mel fell victim to a mysterious, fast-acting cancer of the heart. Nikolai did what he could, working feverishly
long hours to find a cure to his beloved wife's illness, but despite his best efforts, she died within a year.
Nikolai, crestfallen, turned to his work with a renewed fury. He hardly paid any attention at all to his daughter,
and in his mind, very large cracks began to appear. And then, of course, the war happened.

Consumed with surviving the horrors of war with a child in tow did nothing good for Nikolai's mind. A
consummate scientist, his mind constantly wandered back and forth between the unfortunate situation the world
found itself in and how it tied back to his work. With the radiation and plagues dropping the population further
than nuclear fire had, he had a renewed purpose, so father and daughter made their way through wreckage and survivors
until the NWO picked them up and brought them, with the rest, to the Dome.

Dr. Vrdeskuz's experience and skill as a geneticist brought him the the labs underneath the Dome, he and
Natasha being some of the lucky few survivors of the almost total destruction of their species. Searching for the
cure alongside the others, his fractured and grief-stricken mind hit upon a theory: If the couldn't cure the disease
directly, surely they could modify themselves to be unaffected? He couldn't bring it up to others, though, maddened
as he was and paranoid of the "credit" being stolen from him. So instead, he got permission from on high to set up
his own small lab deeper in the complex, and he took Natasha with him.

Nikolai told his daughter that they were going to play a game, to help him with his work. Always a curious
child, she was eager to help in anyway she could. So she was strapped to an operating table, and DNA samples were
shipped in from all over the lab, under the guise of research material. However, with the eight year old securely
sedated, Nikolai began his true work. Insane as he is, Doctor Vrdeskuz is a genius geneticist, and a skilled
surgeon as well. Within a fortnight, the young girl was unrecognizable as anything other than a lump of organ
material. Her brain was kept alive artificially while he worked, for hours that would kill a less driven man.
Slowly, his 'masterpiece' came together. Through an artifically accelerated aging process and cloned parts, a
shapely female torso was grown. Growing from the waist of this was a gigantic sea-serpent body, with the human
pelvis and coccyx modified to attach to the massive ribs and spine. Modifications to the major organs were also
done, and the whole circulatory system was modified to carry a severely caustic organic acid without harm. Once
the entire body was completed, with a shapely human head resembling an angelic version of his dead wife, Doctor
Vrdeskuz began the brain alterations.

For this, he brought in a neuroscientist, though the main project was hidden from the woman. Instead, he
insisted that the brain was from a FFF member that had been executed, and the memories needed to be wiped for
the experiment. This was done, and they were successful in stimulating the pituitary gland further. With
several other changes, what was once an eight-year old girl was now an empty-headed twenty-year old. The brain was
inserted once the neurologist left, and the body was brought out of stasis and into life. Upon waking, the creature
that had once been Natasha Vrdeskuz was immediately comfortable in it's body. It was installed into a gigantic shark
tank and left to be observed. It had no memories from before it awakened, and lab assistants were told that it had
been grown in the lab from scratch.

Due to her unique residential requirements, the tank in which she spends the majority of her time runs between
her tiny room(which is where Ms. Brown, a lab assistant, is teaching her English again) and the lab where they run
whichever experiments the mad doctor who was her father has deemed necessary for the day. While she herself is a
"severe misappropriation of resources in complete violation of mission protocol," the Lab directors are still interested
in her immune system capabilities, so she is kept alive for observation and some morbid curiousity as to whether they
can make use of her in the future. Thankfully, despite her size, she has the digestive habits of her reptilian side,
consuming large quantities of food only once a week or so, though she can easily eat up to a quarter of her own weight.

Powers: (She's a homegrown monstrosity, she really doesn't need lightning or super speed or anything...)

EUGENIC MODIFICATIONS

Gastro-Intestinal System Modifications
-Overall Enhancement: allows for more efficient digestion
-Prestomach: allows for digestion of nutrient low foods such as sticks and grass
-Butcher's gland: allows for digestion of rotting, raw, and alien meats as if cooked

Skeleto-Muscular System Modifications
-Reinforced skeleton: Bones incredibly dense and strong, requiring massive pressure to break even small digits.
seems to enhance hand-to-hand damage as well, though never tested
-Spinal Cord Flexibility: Greatly improves dexterity of torso, seems to take very little damage from impacts.
-Body built for speed: creature swims and climbs incredibly fast.
-Entire system agility increased
-Torso strength increased well beyond normal human limits
-Double-jointed: Capable of fitting through incredibly small opening, more so than seems possible.
-Lower body restructured, Size somewhat surprising. All in all, huge success.

Circulatory System Modifications
-Floating air bladder installed. Depth tolerance seems to be 3000 feet.
-Lungs now capable of filtering out many common gases.
-Heart has been strengthened, and is free of any defects whatsoever
-Gills installed behind ears allow for indefinite submersion, and can switch off when not in use.
-Blood has been acidified, and is extremely caustic, causing massive damage to exposed organic tissues. Does
not seem to effect any inorganic material, however.
-System now capable of rapid recovery from massive physical trauma, and can regrow lost parts much like select
reptiles

Nervous System Modifications
-Attempted to induce psionic capabilities. Results inconclusive, but not promising.
-Nictating membrane installed to protect eyes.
-Optic nerves enhanced to allow nightvision and thermal detection
-Tongue forked and sense of taste greatly enhanced, equivalent of a predatory snake.
-Brain modified near the optic sensor to process visual cues from biological organisms
-Motor control functions and reflexes optimised for combat situations
-Pituitary gland stimulated to enhance growth. Creature is now 30' from scalp to end of tail and weighs over one
quarter-ton.
-Creature capable of using all four limbs at once with ease

Other Glandular Modifications
-Kidney function greatly improved: creature seems to suffer minimal effects of drugs and poisons, and shakes the
effects off preternaturally rapidly.
-Immune system top-notch, creature seems impervious to all known diseases.
-Human flesh and scaled section both seem extremely tough and resilient. Tranquilizer darts and knives seem
incapable of piercing its flesh.
-Poison glands installed in palate, retractable fangs replacing canine teeth. Meant to produce nausea, loss of
consciousness. Subject's system has greatly amplified the effects, and the neurotoxin is extremely lethal!
-Large retractable claws installed in subjects fingers.

LAB SPECIMENS
Despite numerous attempts at genetic modification through injection, it seems that Subject 26's genetic structure
is incapable of being assimilated by a human subject. This is most likely due to the acidic blood, in combination
with the extreme modification necessary to reproduce the DNA. All twenty-seven subjects injected with the genetic
restructuring serum died horrifically painful deaths, despite physical health. Autopsies revealed partial success
in the assimilation in major organs, but all patients died due to system shock around the time their legs began
fusing together. The general consensus is that it is impossible to reproduce in humans.

However, several viable eggs were harvested from Subject 26's ovaries, and are kept in stasis somewhere within
the same facility that houses her. There is a projected 0.00000172% chance that any male sperm from a male of
homo sapiens OR eunectes murinus can fertilize those. The lab is not willing to risk these valuable eggs unless
extensive gene testing proves the combination viable. The lab also maintains over one hundred test samples of the
subject's DNA for just such matchings.

In addition, several attempts at cloning Subject 26 were made, though none survived infancy. It is unknown why,
though suspected that the clones did not have a chance to fully develop their immune systems before infection
took place from humans. It is unknown whether this complication would arise during natural birth, but simulations
showed that the womb would allow the mother's own immune system to safely introduce common antibodies and allow
safe infancy. Projected gestation period is twelve months, due to the complicated nature of the skeletal system.

PHYSIOLOGY
In order to support such a large creature, several major organs were duplicated and serve to allow function in the
posterior section. Including the anterior area, Subject 26 has thirty major organs, including changes as follows:
Anterior heart, located directly behind sternum
Posterior heart, located approximately five feet below the anterior
Anterior lungs, which are twice the size of a normal humans
Posterior lung, very large, running alongside large intestine
Prestomach and butcher's gland, located approximately where a normal humans would be
Digestive stomach, located directly below the reproductive organs, in the posterior section
Small intestine, located directly below the digestive stomach.
Large intestine, occupying approximately ten feet of posterior section, below small intestine
Colon, located approximately three feet from end of tail. Rectum concealed behind protective belly scale
Anterior kidneys, located as normal
Posterior kidneys, located next to digestive stomach
Anterior liver, located directly above prestomach
posterior liver, located alongside small intestine
Female reproductive organs, located as in normal humans. Birth canal longer than normal, concealed behind a
single, large belly scale. Uterus three times normal human size.
Acid gland, located next to adrenal gland in posterior heart
venom glands, located just to the outside of the palate, above upper molars.
Hollow fangs, which fold against palate when not extended. These are located just behind where normal canines
would be present in a normal human
A secondary motor control nerve center, located just below the coccyx, which allows much faster transmission of
signals from the brain, in turn allowing for the posterior muscles to act just as quickly as the anterior
All other organs are present as normal in humans.

The pelvis has been modified for two changes. First, it acts as a sort of structural support to help anchor the
first and second pair of ribs in the posterior section. Second, it has been widened and lengthened to allow the
womb to be enlarged, in order for the gestation of such a large creature. The coccyx and small vertebrae in the
anterior section were enlarged, as well, to allow connection of the posterior vertebrae. The second set of ribs
has a sternum of pure cartilage which protects the posterior heart. Eighty seven pairs of ribs run along the
posterior section, providing structural support and organ protection all the way to five feet above the end of
the tail. Six hundred and seven vertebrae run the length of the posterior section, and end one foot below the
colon. The last two feet of the posterior section are muscle and scale roots. This is the terminus where the
last scale is kept during shedding, allowing the creature to grow. All sheds seem to be done, though it is
theorised that future shedding may be done during points of significant physical stress, as well as during and
after any pregnancy, and at intervals of twenty or thirty years.

Colouration seems to be most for camouflage in the open water. Creature is adaptive to salt- and freshwater tanks,
and can be surmised to be a superb predator in any aquatic area. Camouflage pattern, however, will not be useful
in freshwater regions shallower than forty feet, and especially not in running water, where the main colour is
brown and dark green. In the open sea, subject is theorised to be perfectly camouflaged(-25% to perception, in
addition to any other penalties), and considered apex predator. On land, subject is somewhat slower, believed to
be caused by an acclimation to buoyancy in the water. However, it is still much faster than the average human, and
extremely deadly compared to most other land-based predators. Not considered apex, however. Simulations and tests
have revealed a serious inability to cope with anything greater than five opponents on land, and significantly
reduced ability to resolve situations where the subject is surprised

No data for theorisation of pack behaviour. Given enough variables, anything is possible, but subject seems to be
a solitary predator. Not enough data at present to determine whether adaptive behaviour would be applied when
working in a group.

Non-combat applications are minimal, but promising. Given training, the creature could most likely do any job
requiring underwater facilities, and is capable of dealing with any toxic environment far more easily than a
typical human. Strength would also be an asset in manual labour, though size may be considered ungainly. No
intelligence tests have been performed as yet, though subject learns rapidly according to Ms. Brown.

Other:

Scientific Classification
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Reptilia
Order: Squamata
Family: Elapiboadae
Genus: Nagahomidis
Species: Nagahomidis Sapiens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:43 pm 

We're still looking for military characters and experiments to join the fun!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:30 am 

I still plan on running this. I need a few more people to join to make it a reality.