All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The War For Kaelath
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:41 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I hope that post was okay, I went off of the general idea you'd laid out and how I imagined it. I'll add secondary characters later on, that was just to introduce Labhruinn.

"I do what I am meant to do, divide and conquer with the intensity of an earthquake"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:47 pm 

If you're still accepting, I would love to join!
Originally, I wanted to sign up with a Dragon Rider, but I see you have already got two of those. Is that position still open? Would you rather I did something else? I'll post a generic character sheet below and edit it to fit your answer once I hear back...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:46 am 

Full Name:
Marisol Lao' Liora

Name:
Katos

Nicknames:
Kat, Poleax, Squint, butthole

Title:
Dragon Rider Katos Lao' Liora Darset

Appearance:
Green Eyed | Auburn Haired | Sun Tanned | Looming | Awful

Katos holds a striking likeness to a beast of nightmares. Pulpy yellow ropes of skin choke the flesh of her left arm like creepers choke a tree. Scar tissue tightens in awkward places where muscles have tried and failed to grow, leaving bits of joint and bicep shimmering like plague. Skin sags from the arm, veins bulge, recede. An angry gash streaks from left wrist to the back of her hand, always red. Her left ring finger ends abruptly at the tip. Katos' right arm is merciful to the eye, but only because it lacks in mass - a marred stump, roughly hacked off past the elbow, dangling more often than not. A festering root of a wound, pulsing and thumb-thick, climbs from her bum arm to her cheek. It is not alone. The right side of Katos' face is pockmarked with welts and cicatrix, eye nearly swollen shut, scars raising the skin of the eyelids, eyebrow charred to nothing. The right of her lips is slashed and near melted to uselessness. As far as expression goes. The left of her face is nowhere near as mutilated, but that isn't saying much. Her visage is still horribly misshapen. A defiant nose peaks out from the destruction, but its original shape cannot be determined. Not many see Katos aside from face and arms, but it is said she misses several toes off one foot, and that the rest of her body is scorched and blistered, muscles bubbling under the surface like virulent pus. The claim is not unfounded. One glance leaves the average person knowing Katos should not be alive and perhaps even wishing she were dead. But she is very much alive, and suited to keep on living.
At 6'1'', Katos looms above most women her age, most women in general, and even above a fair amount of men. Her musculature follows closer to that of the opposite gender as well - legs still stronger than arms, but arms as thick as a male warrior's. Nearly. It is hard to tell, the way her muscles hold in the shredded skin-bag of her body, but she at least seems to be fairly powerful. She's well muscled even unto her back and shoulders, and carries herself like a lion ready to pounce. Citron green eyes glare rebelliously from the grave of her face, alert, constantly reproachful. Even her right eye, set into a film of slight yellow, still seems to miss nothing at all. Her mouth seems splayed into a permanent scowl, really the only expression she uses. Her hair is a gleaming auburn, seemingly out of place. Only her left brow shows that the color is natural - she has no other brow, nor eyelashes. She wears her hair short and swept from her face, shoved into whatever style seems most practical at the moment. What is not marred and misshapen of her skin is a golden sun-tan, colored from hard work in the elements. But to find such a patch is rare.
Katos' voice escaped the tragedy of her body just barely, and holds a cutting rasp as if it were a tether to her physical form. It holds a rolling deepness to it otherwise, surprisingly not much deeper than the average woman's. Not that it matters. Most will see Katos in action before she bothers to speak, and most who do engage her in conversation end up wishing promptly that they had not.
Her garb is usually nothing to remark upon - she wears what is convenient and suited for the moment. Though she prefers light clothing for comfort, a suit of armor would seem not to hinder her in the least. The near only constant in her dress is the vibrant red scale she wears about her neck.

Personality:
Primary Motivator: Her dragon and survival
Outlook: Bleak, but manageable
Fear: Death
Stoic and stone cold, Katos looms like the eternal threat of a ruined day. Week, perhaps. She meets near everything with a scowl, and if not that then with guarded eyes. When she doesn't seem ruthlessly unhappy she's usually not involved with people. The things which bring her "joy" are mainly antisocial - craftsmanship, reading, and travel. If she didn't have to keep in contact with society for the sake of her dragon, she would likely fly off never to be seen again. Tikkan is the only being she shows a semblance of affection. Saying specifically what she dislikes is difficult because she scorns so much, but a special place in the hell of her heart is marked for the weak and the cowardly. She doesn't seem to want for much or dream of much, not that she speaks of. Only to live, not to die, and to live with Tikkan. Those around her spread rumors about her, wild in fancy, mean and commendable both, but only because they know so little. Katos is known to be mean and rude and dangerous, but not much besides. She has done no wrong to anyone other than a strike to the nerves.

History:
(Will flesh out and add when I get a response)

As soon as she was old enough for training, a young Marisol set out with her brother to leave a dragon-taming legacy. The two came across a young Red Dragon, no larger than a big dog, and were immediately bent on capture. Needless to say, they were foolish. Plans went horribly wrong. Marisol was left bloodied and charred with hardly an inch of life in her. Her older brother, Katos, was not so lucky.
Before the incident that left her rent practically limb from limb, Katos was an agreeable lady. She sought no evil in others, and provided all she could to those in need. Afterwards, however, she found the true nature of men - fear, anger, ignorance, cruelty. They were kind enough as she prayed to Ashorn for mercy, holding onto life by a thread. After the danger had passed, however, she met nothing but pity and disgust.

(immediate family, distant family, parenting, upbringing, their early years, their childhood, their adolescent years, adulthood, coming of age. What is their birthday, their place of birth, their place of residence, wat is their marital status, how do they feel about their friends, family, enemies. Do they have rivals? A few prompts for you.)
Weapons/Armour:
(will wait for a response before going further)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:14 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Posting on Fain's behalf to say that the rp is on hold for the time being.

Please read:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=46087

Thank you kindly for your understanding.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:08 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Selkie wrote:
If you're still accepting, I would love to join!
Originally, I wanted to sign up with a Dragon Rider, but I see you have already got two of those. Is that position still open? Would you rather I did something else? I'll post a generic character sheet below and edit it to fit your answer once I hear back...

Yes Selkie you can make a Dragon Rider if you wish. Let me know when the character is ready for review and I'll look it over =D

Sounds_of_Silence wrote:
Posting on Fain's behalf to say that the rp is on hold for the time being.

Please read:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=46087

Thank you kindly for your understanding.

Thank you Sil for putting this up for me. I'm somewhat back now.

However, on that note due to Loulou's temporarily away status I'm going to put Kaelath on hold until her return. This doesn't mean it's closed, it's still going to go forwards it'll just experience a delay. If you choose to back out because of the wait I will understand and I'm very sorry for that.