All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:14 pm 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Medals: 14
Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Glad you've returned to us, man! School and work are definitely a mean pair of ****ing when partnered up, no doubt about that.

I've got some stuff I need to finish before Wednesday night, but once that's over I'll be looking to get this thing on the road. The moment we've been waiting for is finally about to be upon us. I fully expect to have the chaos ready by the weekend.

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:04 pm 

Aaaaaand, missed my own deadline. Got caught up in some home repairs that I didn't see coming. I'll need another few days, probably, BUT I'm a third of the way done with the post! So that's something.

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:30 pm 

Owner

Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So I hate you

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:40 am 
Subscriber

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) Supporter (3)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I have two words for you sir.

The first is: You

The second is: Bastard

Also, now I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds. Fear me Oathbreaker, for I have a mighty beef with you. You killed my horse.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:33 pm 

Glad you both enjoyed! =D

If anyone has questions or would like to collab or anything (for instance, Naiya and Ausan, etc.), just let me know. I'll be putting together an NPC directory to make things easier for general interactions, as many more characters will be accessible now that the two worlds have collided.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:57 pm 

Efer asked me about character's powers, and I'll reiterate and expand on my answer to her here so everyone's on the same page. If you haven't read the latest IC post, I highly recommend stopping here until you've done so because spoilerzzzz

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ <- Bill, son of Rawrh, Guardian of the Spoilers. Proceed past him if you dare

Essentially, your (formerly) mortal characters are all Demigods now. Demigods, as you know, are basically super soldiers who get to utilize the occasional buff from their linked Elder God.

BUT!

You guys are not typical Demigods. Typical Demigods are Uplifted by Elder Gods, while your characters have been Uplifted by Rolyn, a Circle God. Rolyn is much more powerful than any Elder God, so these new Demis are considerably stronger than any others of their kind. Also, they will have one special ability.

In a time of crisis, because of Rolyn's dominion over time and the extensive reach of his power, they can briefly move through time, cutting right through it. When this happens, everything around them screeches to a halt and it almost looks like they're teleporting, to anyone else's eyes. Badass, right? But you can only do this once in a while. Using it twice before you've properly recovered could lead to heavy fatigue. Using it again could kill you.

Any other questions you might have, just ask them here or hit me up on Skype. Oh, and feel free to write out your characters' deaths in greater detail if you want. Could be fun.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:51 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Oh no...

More reasons for Alistair to brag about being chosen by the Gods.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:01 pm 

Owner

Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Hey....did his wolf die too? Was it saved with him? Or can it be saved?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:05 pm 

Administrator

I am withholding this information, because it gives me an idea.

But! I will say that, presumably, the wolf is not dead. If only because he does belong to a God and isn't a 'normal' wolf and such.

Unless Grey says otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:18 pm 

Play it however you want, but let me know if you have something wacky planned. lol. We can keep it between us.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:57 pm 

Administrator

Of course!

Now I kind of want to think of some wacky ****... I'll see where my post goes once I start writing it and get back to you on that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:02 pm 
Subscriber

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) Supporter (3)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Question: Do Demigods embody specific aspects of their patron god's realm of influence or is it more general?

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:10 pm 

Dadsky wrote:
Question: Do Demigods embody specific aspects of their patron god's realm of influence or is it more general?

Demigods typically fall into a general category, with the exception of the temporary buffs they receive from their patron gods' realm of influence. For instance, Gaius' Skyknights are just big halberd wielding badasses, except for the fact that when Gaius enables them they can fly. It's not a constant thing, but it's something that periodically becomes possible when they're within a certain range. Naiya's Demis are just your ordinary super soldiers, except they can be cloaked in fire for bursts of time.

That kind of stuff. Usually, it's required that a Demigod be within a specific range of their patron (reliant on their current level of power) to enjoy these buffs, but the usual rules don't fully apply here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23