PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:54 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Indomitable Monolith wrote:
Gunther wrote:
I will make my Team Leader "Jackson Steel" to have some super power. I have given him access to Carl Creel's ability of "The Absorbing Man." But the rest are a bunch of traditional bad asses. Agent Steel is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

By the way, are we not bringing Nick Fury into this, then? I'm fine either way but it seems like Jackson Steel is fulfilling the role of Fury as leader of the new Commandos. Just clarifying.

Oh yea, Jackson Steel is the new leader of the Howlin' Commandos. I have no intention of ever RPing a Canon character.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:55 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Okey dokey, cool. Thanks for clarifying. I'm working out a couple details with JD via Skype but we should still work out what brings the heroes together and/or what situation it is that the Howling Commandos need help with. It might be that a plot JD and I are discussing is already brewing and will be used but it'd be nice to have multiple ideas.

I Play
R=Romance, TG=Transgender; first letter indicates my preference.
It is extremely rare that I will play a canon; my preference is for OCs.
Note that romance must be part of a story, not the story as a whole.

M/M, M/M/R, F/F, F/F/R, M/F, F/M
TGM/M, TGM/M/R, TGM/TGM, TGM/TGM/R, TGM/F

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU
Egyptian/M, Greek/M, Chinese/M, Japanese/M, Norse/M

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:10 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

VILLAIN CHARACTER
Full Name: N/A

Nickname(s)/Alias(es): Cyphen, The military refers to him as The 'C' Virus

Sex/Gender: N/A. voice sounds male

Species: Robot

Age: 5 yrs since he was built. constantly being upgraded/removing obsolete tech.

Birthday: N/A

Comes From: STARK Enterprises

Appearance:
Attachment:
File comment: Cyphen
A_robot_a_day_65_by_LordVenom05.png
A_robot_a_day_65_by_LordVenom05.png [ 211.35 KiB | Viewed 7893 times ]

Skills:
  • Can scramble radio signals
  • Siphons energy from enemies/other objects to power himself. this can be electric energy or life energy itself. example: can revert the Hulk to Bruce Banner by stealing Gamma energy. can absorb repulsor blasts and use them to power his body. CANNOT absorb physical attacks
  • His left arm is a Multifunctional Arsenal Carrier that can fire any form of energy he has absorbed as a variety of munitions as well as firing the energy he absorbs in its raw form
  • His armor is built with 45% Adamantium, 10% Vibranium, 30% Titanium, 10% Platinum and 5% Iron, therefore normal bullets won't be much good. However Thor's hammer and the Hulk's fist would greatly affect him.
  • Superhuman Strength
  • a teleportation device built into his chest
  • Perhaps not a superpower, but still useful in it's own right, he can simulate any voice he has heard previously

Personality: wants more than anything to feel human emotions. sometimes tries to replicate them, but is mostly robotic and does not understand what "Caring for someone" means beyond 'Protection protocol alpha', a phrase which he can't disobey. (this is only for OOC info. If you use it in the RP to control him out of context, I WILL IGNORE IT and act like no one said it. however, if used in context, he will be forced to obey the command(if it isn't obvious what this does... sorry. you'll find out later.))

History: Unlike his predecessor (Ultron) Cyphon doesn't want to destroy humanity. nope. Cyphon wants to BE human. he believes that if he siphons the lifeforce of enough people, he will succeed in replicating the human heart. He was built as an unfinished predecessor to Ultron, and through the years has gained and lost upgrades and different tech. Don't let the colorful appearance fool you. minus the fact that he can't upload his consciousness to another body unless told to do so, he is perhaps even more deadly than Ultron...

Current Occupation: Unknown

Genre(s): Marvel AU
PB: JDizzle the great and powerful

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:09 am 

Location: Second star to the right and strait on 'till morning!
Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

So of the bad guys I'm thinking of, would a sociopath, or an abused artist be more interesting of an interaction with your robot? I'm really not sure which one is more entertaining.

Sent from Castle Shadow-hold using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

I guess it depends on what powers said artist/sociopath would have. without knowing what they can do, I can't answer that.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:53 pm 

Supporter (1)

The artist creates statues that come to life. They can be just about anything he can imagine, but he has a usually gothic style, so gargoyles, vampires, things like that.

The sociopath gangster has powers similar to ink, however he makes more of a papery pulp that isn't as strong, but can act on itself as an organism under his control when needed. He makes a coat of the pulp that he uses to make wings and fly, creates flocks of razor sharp birds, giant paper dragons, things like that. In LA, he has a LOT of underlings, but I could have a reason for him being in NY.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:01 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

I like the Sociopath better, but it is up to you as neither of the two's creations can be "Siphoned", while they themselves can be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:32 pm 

Supporter (1)

I'll put up a character sheet then later. Got stuffs to do before then.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm 

Yay, characterz. Still just waiting to see what the Howling Commandos wanna do. Once I have a setting/plot for that, I can post up a thread - or they can if they wanna start it and then everyone else can kinda just join in. But yeah, need a starting point from them as they're the biggest group of people, I think...

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

You're waiting on me? O_o mmmm? What to write??

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:08 am 

Yeah, I just need to know what you wanna do with the Howling Commandos. If I know how you wanna start them out, either you can start something or I can. We can also establish prior to the thread creation or after it how all the characters come together.

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

The Howlin' Commandos were sent into a known Hyrdra base to extract information/a hostage or capture someone and return to S.H.I.E.L.D. Their mission is fouled up and they require support from the supers/Avengers.

Also, I posted bios on the five members of the Howlin' Commandos on the first page of this thread.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:03 pm 

Sorry. I've been busy. Anyway...

That's cool. You wanna start the thread, then? It can be a dramatic introduction to the RP. =D

Or I can start it from the White Spider's perspective. Up to you.

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:47 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Go ahead and start it from White Spider's perspective.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:03 pm 

Supporter (1)

Lol, here's the bad guy I promised. I'll try and work him in with a good reason to be pestering them. Maybe that part should just be played by ear.

Name: Peter Macheté
Villain Name: The Paper Man
Sex: Male
Species: Mutant
Appearance:
A tall, gaunt man with olive oil colored skin and jagged black hair. His features are sharp, piercing even, with a face that most people would say reminded them of a weasel that had a nasty surprise in store for the world. He is never without his pure white coat that comes down just past his knees, and a white fedora the way they were originally made, with a wide brim and a sharp brim point.

Skills:
*generates a papery pulp from his skin with a tensile strength similar to cement, but that can be formed into an infinitely thin point.
*mental manipulation of the pulp at a limited distance
*Can generate an artificial intelligence for any shape he creates with the pulp (often human and animal like)
*A 140 IQ and an exceptional gift to be able to predict people's actions
*Has the social qualities of a violent sociopath, being charming, manipulative, and horrifyingly indifferent to human life
*A champion fencer, he has faced some of the greatest olympic competitors and beaten them with only a little effort. His style is far more practical then most however

Personality: He is, in some ways, a classical serial killer sociopath. He is unable to emotionally empathize with other human beings, and he values human life at only as much as it can get him. He is charming when he wants to be, and horrifyingly intimidating when needed. He has human emotion, contrary to popular belief, but they are warped by his inability to connect his emotions with the emotions of others. He does understand other people's emotions at a fundamental level, however, making him greatly manipulative of others.

To add an edge to his already damaged psyche, he is convinced that he is the main character of his own story (what kind of story is yet to be decided, he says) and has made it his mission to make his story more interesting. This can include something as chaotic as blowing up a building or taking over a legitimate business, to something as precise and logical (to him) as killing someone who he deems to be not interesting enough to be in his story. Some people who have found themselves interrogated by him were let go because they were in fact interesting, but those are the few and far between, as he is highly critical of any 'character' he may meet.

History: Peter was born to a classic american family. His father was a little emotionally distant, but a hard and honest worker, his mother was caring if a bit nagging and overbearing, and he had one younger brother who was likely to become a football star in high school before following a career that had nothing to do with collage or the sport he would love. And Peter hated them all. Even from his earliest memories he knew that he was going to become something greater then this, something unique, something that had never been seen before. He knew that he was the main character that he read about in every book he had ever read. And he wasn't about to let his normal family get in the way. No one could prove what killed the Macheté family, but most of the people who knew them suspected the quiet, charming boy who survived the fire with only the faintest hint of darkness behind his pleasant smile.

From there, he educated himself, put himself through collage with a Doctorate in psychology and criminology, and immediately began his hostile takeover of the italian mafia in LA. In no time at all he was notorious in the criminal world as the most ruthless, intelligent, and intimidating man in crime. All this only fed his belief that he was truly the hero of a story, and the day he mysteriously gained the ability to create paper monsters confirmed it as far as he was concerned. Now he could contend on the level of hero's and gods. Now, he was unstoppable.

In his personal fantasy world, he sees his nemesis Ink as simply his foil, a rival and villain to make him all the more impressive and powerful. no matter how much this dark swordsman has fought him, stopped his organization's time and again, Peter has also managed to stop the organizations of heroes and the many efforts of Ink to help the people of LA. Neither one has had the advantage.

On a whim, and quite unexpectedly, Peter Macheté recently moved to New York, and has started to muscle in on the territory there. His paper men, humanoid constructs he sends with his human underlings, have quickly become synonymous with fear. He has managed to keep his own presence under wraps, however, by playing the part of a criminal psychologist, specializing in Superhuman Psychology. This has given him unprecedented access to information on superhuman's in New York, which he plans to soon use to great effect....

So, here he is. His plans are very meltable, so he may end up staying in the background until the opportune moment to attack, kind of as a side plot, or maybe he'll throw in with an interesting villain. I'm sure he'll make up his mind at some point and let me know. As a side note, and for the fairness of the RP, he won't have super detailed information on any of the villains or heroes you guys are playing. He will know OF you, and maybe have some theories psychologically speaking, but will I won't have him guess at identities or code words or things like that. I'll be more then willing to change anything in the char sheet, or in posts of him as I go along if anyone has any objections.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am 

Supporter (1)

Also, just post on here when you make the new thread.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:14 pm 

Sorry I haven't gotten this started yet. Reality bites, and not in a good way.

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:09 am 

Supporter (1)

I understand. Sometimes life is awesome, sometimes it sucks. Sometimes you get attacked by ninjas on your way to class. Things happen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:51 pm 

Damn! Is the Hand back in town already? I better call my girlfriend, Elektra...

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:42 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

2ND HERO CHARACTER

Full Name: N/A. she is an amnesiac

Nickname(s)/Alias(es): Red Nightmare

Sex/Gender: female

Species: Nephilim. Daughter of Blackheart

Age: Unknown, but she looks younger than she is.(looks to be 23)

Birthday: She can't remember, much less does she know what a birthday is.

Comes From: Mephisto's realm

Appearance out of costume:

Appearance in costume:
(this image is property of it's original owner, found here:http://rozen-clowd.deviantart.com/art/SpeedPaint-Demoness-323190686)
Skills:
  • Limited line of sight based teleportation.
  • limited range energy blasts that leave targets to spontaneously combust.
  • will manipulation. Causes the target to obey her command any time she has eye contact.
  • Super-enhanced durability. can stop steel from entering her body as long as it's bullet sized.
  • Heat Resistance to the point that she cannot catch fire

Personality: Shy. It takes a lot to gain her trust. she is also in complete denial that her powers are demonic in origin, and has a severe case of Amnesia

History: She doesn't remember her history, and doesn't know how she got her powers. All she remembers is a burning building she walked away from unscathed. She made friends with Iron Woman and Spider Woman, but is Heterosexual. That said, she does not have anything against their relationship and keeps it a "secret". Has an unexplainable talent for violin/fiddle. Joined the NYFD a few years after she met Iron Woman because of Iron woman suggesting she should have a secret identity so she didn't always look "Scary".

Current Occupation: Firefighter (youngest on NY staff by appearance. Only she knows how long(based on her first memories) she's been around)

Genre(s): Marvel AU
PB: JDizzle the great and powerful