All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:32 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

All Hallows Eve: The First Spook

The year is 1889. For thousands of years prior the events on in the month of October, the ghosts and the ghouls of our stories have lived peacefully away from humanity, leaving them to develop and destroy on their own. They hid themselves away in the many when man gave birth to the cities that dot the land. They blocked their ears when they created the firearm and made sure that its use was not lost to the ages; what with their loud booms and crackling. They especially stayed away when they took to the skies in their humongous airships, their ominous shapes blocked out the light from the yellow sun.

Their presence on Earth, however, was not to go unnoticed by the mortals. For years horrific battles were fought against the ghouls of the underworld and their overworld adversaries, neither side wanting to go away quietly into the night.

In time, it was the humans that won the day.

In later years most of the ghouls had disappeared into the many cracks and crevasses that were around the landscape and their existence soon faded from human memory. By the turn of the century, such talk of vampires and zombies would have been considered work of fiction and all who thought it to be true were considered fools. Some people even went as far as to use those stories as inspiration for a celebration called 'Halloween', a festival in which participants would dress in costumes similar to that of the beings that used to walk the Earth and would go to parties and partake in the self-indulgence of human gluttony.

The King of the Underworld did not take to kindly to these portrayals.

The King of the Underworld resided in a neat little corner of it. He was, of course, ruler of all he had surveyed and did so with an iron fist. Most of the surface dwellers don't know him as this, however. Some would call him Satan, the Devil, Lucifer even, but The King of The Underworld doesn't have the slightest clue about what those names mean.

What he does have a clue about is the fact that the humans were making a mockery of him and his brethren, so on Halloween night in the year 1889 he decides that this would be his chance to stop it, once and for all.

- - - - - - -

You, dear monster hunter, have been invited to attend a costume party on this very night in the mansion of a millionaire in London, England. When you arrived, the party seemed to be in full swing, everyone was wearing their best costumes and drinking to their heart's content. You, dear monster hunter, get this feeling inside of you that something is not right and that you are in danger of some sort.

Just then, the room grows eerie dark and maniacal laughter is heard. Blocking your ears to drown out the sound you notice that the room his shaking and that everyone is trying their best to hold on to something. But as you try to a violent earthquake knocks you down and a gigantic hole in the floor opens up, its gaping maw sucking in a few party-goers. What happens next is beyond belief at this point: an army of ghosts, ghouls, zombies, vampires and even giant jack o' lanterns crawl out of the hole and begin to slaughter the party members.

What happens next is up to you.

- - - - - - -

The World

This role play is set in a fictional England and can contain either real places within it or our own made up areas.

Let's not forget airships!

- - - - - - -

Character Sheet

Code:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Special Skills:
Likes/Dislikes:
Customize this to suit your character if you wish.

---

Name: The King of The Underworld or "Jack" in his human form
Appearance: In his original form he is mostly seen as this:
Image.
While in his other form (a more human form for him to be able to blend in) would be a pale-skinned man, about six feet and five inches. He face is nothing short of devilishly handsome with his high cheek-bones and his deep blue eyes. Om his head there is a messy clump of black hair, just the right amount of messy that made him look boyish yet stunning. One feature stands out among the rest, however, and that would be the fact that he is never seen outside of his black suit. A black suit that never seemed to get dirty nor wrinkled no matter what the situation.
Personality: While The King of the Underworld is by nature a very introverted and reserved being he is not afraid to lash out when his kingdom it threatened.
Special Skills: He is gifted with the ability to shape-shift (albeit between two forms) at will, also at his disposal is his quick wit, seemingly limitless knowledge of humans and the overworld as a whole and is deadly with any sort of weapon (excluding firearms, as his kingdom is afraid of them) and has an arsenal of spells to choose from.
Dislikes: Guns, airships, silver and humans

---

Name: Lord Charles Dunworth III
Appearance:
Personality: Charles has an extremely greedy nature. It seems as though he can never get enough money even after acquiring so much after the death of his father. In addition to being greedy, Charles is very stubborn and lacks the foresight to see where his stubbornness would take him (often down dark roads which lead to him ending up drunk in a ditch off the side of a dirty and dusty road). However, he can be sympathetic and kind when given the chance and he is sometimes in such a good mood that he would be you an entire pub even if you just asked him for a simple drink.
Special Skills: He is skilled with almost all rifles, hand cannons and the like ever since the age of twelve when his father (bless his soul) took him out in the woods and hunted deer with him. He can also play the violin and can down a whole bottle of wine in less than five minutes.
Dislikes: The poor, his mother, non-drinkers and thieves

Last edited by Chryslus on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:39 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Alrightyroo! Two characters, was it? Tell me if stuff needs to be changed.

Name: Mary Anne White
Appearance: As pale as her name, sinewy and narrow. Hips, shoulders, wrists, nose, eyebrows, everything. 157 cm (5'2") tall. Heavy lids and dark gray eyes that dominate her face.
Personality: Rebellious and stubborn. Also rude as hell.
Special Skills: A really good shot and excellent at card games.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes her brother, dislikes their parents. Loves her lever-action shotgun to pieces.
Biography: Born just a couple of minutes before Samuel, and loves to remind him of this. Despite being a woman, Mary Anne is the heiress to a vast shipping company, who utilizes airships to transport cargo back and forwards between England and the dreaded, uncivilized continent. This makes her an attractive match, in spite of her plain features. She has absolutely no interest in business, however, and jumped at the chance to gun down some monsters. She and her brother became a very efficient team. They both fully support the mockery of these monsters by dressing up as them for masquerades.

Name: Samuel John White
Appearance: Has a slightly healthier skin tone than his sister, though not by much. 176 cm (5'9") tall with exceptionally long legs.
Personality: Manipulative and ruthless, but tries to make sure that his sister doesn't offend anyone too much.
Special Skills: Also a good shot, but prefers rifles. Knows a lot about anatomy.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes his sister. Dislikes their parents, albeit not as much as Mary does.
Biography: Samuel has lived in constant mockery from his sister, which was not always good-natured. Despite this, he very much admires her, even if he does think she's stupid for mucking up contacts and business agreements because of her abrasive nature. When she went into hunting, he followed her without a thought, finding that he was more efficient and aided her better at a long range. These days, Samuel is trying to rope an unsuspecting victim into marrying her, much to Mary's amusement.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:17 pm 

Some good characters there, man. I was planning to do a brother/sister thing but I was way too lazy with my CS so I guess you beat me to the punch. Anyway, I have my characters up, one of them being the big bad KoTU himself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:06 am 

Hell yeah, thanks! Can't wait to see them. You got plenty of time, though, because I've got a family thing from tomorrow and until Saturday, and unfortunately I'll be going to our summer house, which is devoid of WiFi. Sorry, I know you wanted to start this quickly :/

Edit: Well, whaddya know, they're there! That's what you get for choosing to scroll to the first unread post, haha. In any case, I love them so much omg they are brilliant and I can't wait to see them all interact! Damn you, places with no internet!

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:25 pm 

Shamefully double posting - I should have said before, but if you feel like starting it, you can totally go ahead while the idea is still fresh. I'm gonna be kinda busy in the near future, though, so don't expect instant replies from me =)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:58 pm 

Here's the IC! Sorry it took so long.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=44130

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:18 am 

Hey, that's cool! As long as you're prepared for the fact that real life has gone nuts on this end, so replies will be slow.