All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:22 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Gunther wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has done this yet, but I used the title of the story in my post. I often like to do this at some point in an RP, short story or novel. :D

I finished reading your post today and I did notice it. It made me smile.A gesture of honor Gunther, thank you :-)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:43 am 

Longest RP (1) Most Punctual (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I had read it twice and I didn't catch it with the awe it deserved. (I also have some problem thinking the RP is titled "Beyond and Unholy Alliance" so that might've been it *shame!*) So, here here, Gunther! Sorry, I will post as soon as I get through this little patch of writer's block I've got going - no worries, it's just from overexposure, so I'm doing a bunch of drawing and lyricy to expedite the process. Kinda like eating the same thing for breakfast too long. Do something else for a week and you're good to return to 4servings of cinnamon-sugar toast a day again! lol

Design: "Wildspawn"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:28 pm 

Hurrah. Sorry the second post took so long, but I saw that Gunther added a way for Nicodemus to get into the group so I shuffled stuff around; but that works great, so thanks for that! Also thanks all for the feedback on the posts and what not, I appreciate it. I enjoy bad dudes, they're a lot of fun to play, so hopefully I can do it justice.

Awesome work so far, though, I'm enjoying catching up on the old work and seeing where you all are coming from :D.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm 

Longest RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

great. love to see you jumping in. see you at the meeting.

sincerely
Izzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:49 pm 

So, I guess the question is who wants to get there first? lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:51 pm 

who ever wants to

Z and Darcy have a scene coming but it will fit anywhere. so, girly, if you want to post, do so.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:15 pm 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Medals: 14
Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Just posted the collaborative post between myself and Isolde. No animals were harmed in the writing of this post.

I hope your meeting goes well. Zanzibar disagrees, but what does he know?

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:43 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

posting mine this weekend with asmodeus XD will begin to write after work

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:31 pm 

I have to ask: Gunther, have you read Dresden Files?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:13 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

No, Ma'am. I have not. It appears to be similar to the Television series, Grimm. Maybe a stretch to compare to Constantine. But this RP, is more inline with that show. It does appear interesting. Just to let you know, I am not a huge fan of Angels and Demons. I typically avoid these Role Plays like the plague. I just like Wildspawn and Isolde. ;) Besides, my preferred genre is military RPs, but no one ever wants to do those. This RP at least allows me the opportunity to post historical events.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:07 pm 

Thank you , Gunther. What a great compliment!. Glad you are writing with us. Your contributions really add a depth we wouldn't achieve without you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:16 pm 

It's true. -Just had to ask!- Military RPs seem like something that would be difficult for anyone outside the military to properly portray, and anyone who's in it would want to avoid repetition of their workday, basically. lol Of course there's exceptions both ways, but it's my thought as to why the numbers are probably not in your favor. I'd be willing to try it out if you ever wanted to host one! Interest Check it, yo!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:13 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Girly, alas you are correct. The military lifestyle does involve a lot of repetition. When I was a Company Commander, I wrote 36 monthly training schedules. Of those 36 training schedules, only one of them went according to plan. The norm is, a plan becomes a framework for change. Flexibility, adapting to changes is the name of the game. The plan does not get thrown out, it merely changes. The Procedures, Tactics and Techniques (PTT) a small unit may use are often times the same all the time. Therein lies the repetition. It would suck to have to write about the same "crossing a linear danger area" over and over again. I wouldn't expect a writer to do that. Instead, first, know how to do that and second, repeat what they already wrote. There are plenty of areas where variety exists. It has to do with the day to day interaction of the unit's members.

I have posted a few Interest Checks:

Alamo Scouts, Inc. is named after a military unit that existed in the South Pacific during WWII, but is based on the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare console game, using COD equipment and some COD organizations. Knowledge of that video game or real world military operations is unnecessary. Alamo Scouts are a Private Military Corporation that specializes in Deep Penetration Intelligence Gathering Operations in South East Asia.

Galileo Corporation is a 24th Century Private Military Corporation set in Space based on the information published in the link in my signature using a military organization, a Demi-Brigade, found in my blog.

I was looking for someone to test the wargaming rules I created based on some old Avalon Hill board games I used to play when I was younger. These rules are set up for modern combat between NATO units and a fictional variant of ISIS (Daesh), called ISTH.

Straight and Stalwart is intended to be a military comedy about a battalion staff and their day to day interactions. I would run them from mobilization through deployment and arrival in country to some combat theater and then a given mission. Think MASH, but with an infantry battalion Headquarters. I was a commissioned officer for 16 years. The first seven years were spent at Platoon and company level as either a platoon leader or executive officer. Then three years as a Company Commander and the rest were on battalion staff. We had some very funny characters on battalion staff and got into some pretty bizarre situations. Often times coupling fatigue with over paid clowns makes for some very funny situations.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:55 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Happy Six Months, BaUR!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:27 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Fascinating...

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:12 am 

Has it really been so long? lol. Happy (belated) sixer, all!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:59 am 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Some health stuff delaying my post, sorry about that. In couple of days I think things will be fine and i'll continue working on my post. I've started most of it already just haven't had a chance to write an end to it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:45 am 

Good to hear from you. Get well. We will still be here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:29 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Any news from Rhandom? Haven't seen him in almost a month?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:36 pm 

i sent him a pm but haven't heard back. i dunno
i hope he comes back soon. if he doesn't, Isolde is going to believe he is working a covert op

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next