All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:28 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Last edited by WildSpawn on Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 am 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Important:

The first opening scene of this roleplaying is currently taking place in Munich, at a local Warehouse. While being physically in the warehouse, the events take the characters into a different time era.

The Warehouse though is so far the main starting area for the roleplay.

Last edited by WildSpawn on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:01 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

-

Last edited by WildSpawn on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:07 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

I'm not one to jump into a thread and blow my load in the first post. I like to build it up slowly over time. Let the characters interact awhile. Maybe they chat about old times or old acquaintances? I like the story to build. Especially the fights.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

-

Last edited by WildSpawn on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:40 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

He's sort of in an ethereal state at the moment. He is everywhere at once right now. So no location as of yet. As far as posting goes, I will be unavailable for this RP until Thurs. As Isolde stated, Angels come and go. Rafael does not want to get to deeply involved with the current situation. He wants to see what Isolde will do.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:57 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to reading you again! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:35 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Update

So far we have Erlind/Asmoday & Isolde heading to seal their 'sell my soul' pact in Mittenwald Town. It's where Adolph Hitler will be giving his conference to inform his men that the town will be used for a concentration camp in about a year. The purpose of these two even going there is to get Isolde closer to Hitler and his office by befriending Eva, his wife. Asmoday's deal with Isolde is to have her assassinate Adolph Hitler if she wishes Asmoday to help her locate her Jewish colleagues that vanished. (read rp) There is also a reason to why Asmoday cannot kill Hitler himself, and the reason to why he works under him. The town, is also where our story is taking place and sooner the story will start focusing on the Fantasy aspect than Politic aspect. In other words, our group will have to deal with a greater evil out there --summoned by Darcy, the evilest witch you can think of -- than Hitler's power hungry attitude.

So once the new guys join, it will be up to us as a group to decide the evil origin and just go from there, creating our own storyline as we write.

For the new guys, you can start where you want, Mittenwald or make your way to Mittenwald.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:44 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Oh, ja. I was actually reading it, interested, and then found the OOC.

Not how she would enter at this point, though. Might have to wait until they reach the city, as it wouldn't make much sense for her to be on some random mountain pass or empty road - especially in the dead of winter.

I Play
R=Romance, TG=Transgender; first letter indicates my preference.
It is extremely rare that I will play a canon; my preference is for OCs.
Note that romance must be part of a story, not the story as a whole.

M/M, M/M/R, F/F, F/F/R, M/F, F/M
TGM/M, TGM/M/R, TGM/TGM, TGM/TGM/R, TGM/F

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU
Egyptian/M, Greek/M, Chinese/M, Japanese/M, Norse/M

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:38 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Indomitable Monolith wrote:
Oh, ja. I was actually reading it, interested, and then found the OOC.

Not how she would enter at this point, though. Might have to wait until they reach the city, as it wouldn't make much sense for her to be on some random mountain pass or empty road - especially in the dead of winter.

Yeah like I mentioned in the OOC it' up to the new people to decide where they wanna start! :) So whatever you decide is fine by me.

In couple of posts I think Isolde and I will be making it to the town.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:49 pm 

Yay!

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:51 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Yay!

Do you wish for a certain particular setting?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 pm 

Longest RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

Welcome aboard.
All of us have characters that are near and dear to our hearts and this is probably our creativity at its best. For this role play, this collaborative writing effort on this story, the setting is 1940 era 1939 to be exact as this begins. Dress and roles of people were much different than modern day.

When any of us are working on our characters, we have to put them into the WWII mindset , actions and clothing. If your character is a a bit maverick, for example, your character might be a street kid running one step ahead of the Nazi's disguised as a boy rather than a leather wearing tough girl biker chick (and i know nobody said they were a leather wearing biker chick, just an example of adapting our characters).

For my characters, i have done a small bit of research about the clothing, hair, shoe style, music and history of this era. I just saved it in my bookmarks so I can refer to it while I write. Not pinning any awards on myself, just saying that is what I do to try to keep my characters in character.

So having said all that, let's have some fun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:57 pm 

Isolde wrote:
Welcome aboard.
All of us have characters that are near and dear to our hearts and this is probably our creativity at its best. For this role play, this collaborative writing effort on this story, the setting is 1940 era 1939 to be exact as this begins. Dress and roles of people were much different than modern day.

When any of us are working on our characters, we have to put them into the WWII mindset , actions and clothing. If your character is a a bit maverick, for example, your character might be a street kid running one step ahead of the Nazi's disguised as a boy rather than a leather wearing tough girl biker chick (and i know nobody said they were a leather wearing biker chick, just an example of adapting our characters).

For my characters, i have done a small bit of research about the clothing, hair, shoe style, music and history of this era. I just saved it in my bookmarks so I can refer to it while I write. Not pinning any awards on myself, just saying that is what I do to try to keep my characters in character.

So having said all that, let's have some fun.

I dunno if you were using my example in that second paragraph but that's kinda what I did. XD Kinda. Like I said, I adapted Amber from 1980s to more 1930s-1940s-ish for the purpose of this RP. While there were similarities between the two eras, they were definitely different time periods.

WildSpawn wrote:
Yay!

Do you wish for a certain particular setting?

Er...I'unno what you mean exactly. Like how they meet? I'unno. I figured I'd fly by the seat of Amber's breeches. XD

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 pm 

Great. You understood to do that, but sometimes other writers might not. thus the suggestion. Glad to have you writing with us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:06 pm 

Yup. Hope my brain doesn't tell me where to stick Amber when I get down ta writin'. XD

Fair warning: I love history but I probably won't be 100% historically accurate.

Not as knowledgable as I'd like to be, sadly. Sorry. !uhh

EDIT
Since Gunther posted separately from those upon the road, perhaps I soon shall as well...can I just jump in anywhere, or...?

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:10 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

I posted. Rafael is at the hotel drinking beer.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:12 pm 

I saw that. Nice post. You set that scene up nicely. I could see it in my head. and congrats on a Tuesday post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:14 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Last edited by WildSpawn on Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:15 pm 

So can I just jump in anywhere, then?

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 64  Next